[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
SOME NOTES

As usual after a release, I do not start seriously working on the next update for at least a week or two. This last update was an exception due to the game breaking issues some players were encountering. I will still be responding and whatnot in this thread though, don't worry!

Don't forget that I also have a Discord server for the modpack, the link to which you can find in my signature! I'm chatting there regularly as its easier for me to check during the day, and you can usually find help from myself or a few other regulars in the chat.

It is also where I will usually talk about stuff I'm working on the pack, post images on it, etc.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
i found a few bugs? and a descrepency and have a question then a comment
1. automatically crating a diamound block (74500 fmc)only gives a 50k fmc crate (same with anything with this fmc value)
2. automatically crating a certus quartz crystal(1500fmc) only gives a 1k fmc crate (same with anything with this fmc value)
when this is done manually no problem occurs and u get the correct amount of crates for the item u are crating , (if the rftools crafter or te's cyclic assembler trys to do this recipe u will get shorted on crates)
3.i dont understand the math behind enderium blend 200+200+2000+5000+4000 does not =18000(4500*4) , it equals 11,400 where did the 7000+ extra fmc come from? also enderium blocks dont have an fmc value for some reason yet the ingots do

question: what is the "hqm edit " for better questing ?

comment: i find it weird that the draconic flux capictor costs more then 2 peices of awakend draconic gear(tools/weopons/armor) worth of awakend draconium alone

p.s. to #1 and#2 if ae attempts to do one of those recipes it will fail to even do the recipe and then complain about it with this
[19:58:36] [Server thread/ERROR] [AE2:S/]: Error: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException : java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.security.InvalidParameterException: World is null.
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.security.InvalidParameterException: World is null.
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(Unknown Source)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at appeng.container.implementations.ContainerCraftConfirm.func_75142_b(ContainerCraftConfirm.java:191)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.func_70071_h_(EntityPlayerMP.java:212)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2070)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72866_a(WorldServer.java:648)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2034)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1887)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at fastcraft.at.a(F:978)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at fastcraft.H.aq(F:36)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:396)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.security.InvalidParameterException: World is null.
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at appeng.crafting.CraftingJob.run(CraftingJob.java:221)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: Caused by: java.security.InvalidParameterException: World is null.
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at appeng.util.Platform.getPlayer(Platform.java:1046)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at appeng.crafting.CraftingTreeProcess.request(CraftingTreeProcess.java:204)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at appeng.crafting.CraftingTreeNode.request(CraftingTreeNode.java:202)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at appeng.crafting.CraftingJob.run(CraftingJob.java:153)
[19:58:36] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: ... 5 more
^directly copy pasted from the log

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
(if the rftools crafter or te's cyclic assembler trys to do this recipe u will get shorted on crates)
This is an odd issue with autocrafting with those mods, it doesn't like MineTweaker's handling of give-back items for some reason.

3.i dont understand the math behind enderium blend 200+200+2000+5000+4000 does not =18000(4500*4) , it equals 11,400 where did the 7000+ extra fmc come from? also enderium blocks dont have an fmc value for some reason yet the ingots do
These didn't get re-valued in the current build yet. MineFactory, Aura Cascade, and Thaumcraft I need to reevaluate their FMC values. I also need to do the common items from various mods I added (that you'd usually encounter in normal play).

I basically redid the costs of many base components in the last two versions, and I haven't updated all the values of subsequent recipes that use those.

p.s. to #2 if ae attempts to do one of those recipes it will fail to even do the recipe and then complain about it with this
This, looking into it, is a bug with how AE handles recipes from MineTweaker that use certain functions. I'm not sure if its fixed in rv3 or not.

A

AwesomeGamerMC

found a bit of a bug, whenever i spam-click bone meal on something i crash :/

EveTater

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering if editing the UI of the new quest book will be happening at some point, it's a total pain to have to zoom and scroll to find what you need for every quest (as well as it not opening up directly to the quest you were just looking at)

Euchale

Jul 29, 2019
Odd. I'll look into that.

Another cause of the micro stutters, though, is having the Snooper enabled, so make sure its disabled in your options.
Snooper was reenabled on update for some reason, turned it off again, but I'm fairly certain it has to do with NEI.
I did some more research into this and when I search for something that does not exist on NEI, then restart minecraft, the lag is gone until I start searching something in NEI again. So as long as NEI is showing 0 items, the stutters don't happen (tried that for 2 hours or so).
I'll report back if I make more findings.
edit: I should add: It might also be a broken item of a mod and when NEI calls for it, the game gets the lag.

Last edited:
J

JSSSX

Hello Caigan,

I am not sure if it is the right place to report a bug/issue, so I give it a try (thanks for your indulgence).

Since last update, (I cleared HQM & did the recommandations to LOAD stuff), every time I try to mine a "cache", empty or not, Minecraft crashes to windows.
Not sure if it is a known issue or not.

If needed, I can try to get the full log, just let me know.

Zirofal

Jul 29, 2019
me being me i properly missed that this problem have allready been adressed however when i try to launch the pack it asks me if i whana laod it with out toolbox so i procced to load to click yes then it loads and i get the following crash report
http://pastebin.com/FLbu53d9
i dont realy know how to read a crash report but i do belive the error is that i have items from the toolbox mod in my ME system?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Since last update, (I cleared HQM & did the recommandations to LOAD stuff), every time I try to mine a "cache", empty or not, Minecraft crashes to windows.
Not sure if it is a known issue or not.
Thermal Expansion Secure Cache thing? I forgot what its called, but apparently TE came out with an update while the pack was being uploaded to the launcher that fixes it. So if you are playing a local copy, you can update Thermal Expansion mods to fix the issue, or avoid using them for now.

Yeah, looks like an odd issue with RTG and Witchery. I'll see what I can do about it.

http://pastebin.com/FLbu53d9
i dont realy know how to read a crash report but i do belive the error is that i have items from the toolbox mod in my ME system?
Nope, you need to reset your HQM progress. Troubleshooting document in my forum signature will explain how =)

enderhunter202

Jul 29, 2019
anyone have a public or whitelisted server that i can join. the ones i have found are still in version 1.2 or have no player base

Darianna

Jul 29, 2019
Mhhh....have take a look now in the new version..but these Better Questing Mod...i find it uncomfortable and confusing :/
In HQM the Book stay in the quest that i have look after clos and make other things....so i can always craft or search the items and then re-open and claim...
Now with better Questing always when i close and re open i must click on quests..look for the right questline.klick...zooming ....search for the right quest...click and then im ready....

please....say me that there is a config or a key or another option? :/

greenowl77

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, this has probably been asked before but how can you disable all the writing that comes up when you hover over items in your inventory. It's super annoying.