[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

D

Damien530

I just realized that when I try to use bone-meal on the darkwood sapling the name in waila changes from Darkwood Sapling to block.sapling..name
2016_08_09_16_03_24.png

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing the 0.1.4 version.
Okay, fixed locally, won't be in 0.2.0 sadly.

I just realized that when I try to use bone-meal on the darkwood sapling the name in waila changes from Darkwood Sapling to block.sapling..name
Hm odd. Also try it on Soul Sand, and make sure theres enough space above, and the same type of block for at 5 blocks around and below it (apparently, its one of the trees that has a root system? There's not much info on growing it)

D

Damien530

Hm odd. Also try it on Soul Sand, and make sure theres enough space above, and the same type of block for at 5 blocks around and below it (apparently, its one of the trees that has a root system? There's not much info on growing it)

Just tried, have a 11x11x5 pad of both soul sand and tainted soil, and it still wont grow o_O

I wouldn't be going through all this trouble, but searching the Nether even with a digital miner would take a pretty long time to get the amount i need :/

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Just tried, have a 11x11x5 pad of both soul sand and tainted soil, and it still wont grow o_O

I wouldn't be going through all this trouble, but searching the Nether even with a digital miner would take a pretty long time to get the amount i need :/
Darn. I can't really find clear information on how to grow it either, unfortunately.

The plan is to have many of the woods available in the shop at some point. Doesn't help right now, but something to note in the future.

D

Damien530

Darn. I can't really find clear information on how to grow it either, unfortunately.

The plan is to have many of the woods available in the shop at some point. Doesn't help right now, but something to note in the future.
Alright, thanks for helping! I think I might try to set up Matter Overdrive's matter duplicator and see if that will work with darkwood

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
Darkwood grows fine in the overworld on plain dirt. I usually try and grab some most early games as they make excellent tinker handles. Maybe try separating the saplings a bit, it seems special trees often require space around them.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
The Ferret Business 0.2.0 : Better, Harder, Faster Questing Update Is Available!

This is a major update, thus moving to 0.2.0! It is now available on the FTB Launcher, and will soon be on the Curse launcher.

As usual, you will most likely need to reset your HQM data, but the good news is this will hopefully be the last time you need to do this, as a majority of the questing has moved to Better Questing!

There's a lot in this update, but here is a somewhat condensed changelog for you!
  • NEW MODS
    • Better Questing
    • Better Questing - Standard Expansion
    • Better Questing - RF Expansion
    • Better Questing - Quest Book
  • REMOVED MODS
    • Toolbox : This mod has some serious exploits and has not been updated in over a year. Be sure to remove your tools from the toolbox before updating!
  • QUESTING
    • We are now using two questing mods instead of one! The QUEST Tablet has been split into two different ones :
      • QUEST Tablet v2 (Better Questing): All major questlines and reputation quests have been moved to Better Questing. This gives me more control and is a lot better about quest updates and changes. Changing the middle of a quest line will no longer break your progress
      • TFB Corporate Catalog (Hardcore Questing Mode) : All Shop and Supply n Demand quests have stayed in the HQM tablet. Since there are no chains of quests, updates will not break your progress in it.
    • You no longer need the QUEST Tablet to do questing. You can rebind your keys for Better Questing to pull it up at any time.
    • All quests have been updated. Text has been condensed due to changes on how it is displayed. Quest text will be rewritten over time due to the format change.
    • 8 New Quests :
        • Better Storage now has a 7 quest mini questline!
          • Blind Bags and FMC Values will be added next update
        • Draconic Evolution has a new quest for a five pack of Draconic Cores.
    • Draconic Evolution quests have temporarily changed due to a bug in Better Questing!
  • BLIND BAGS
    • The Basic Blind Bag's random item rewards have been redone. Now you'll see a lot of new items from the Basic bags!
    • Minefactory Reloaded and Aura Cascade bags have been removed from the drop pool until next update due to issues.
  • CORPORATE CATALOG
    • Purchased items will now give you Shop Tokens, which replace direct Shop Loyalty rewards. They work just like the Trader Tokens, in that combining to larger values will give you a larger return when you turn them in.
      • There will be a Job Reputation version of these in the future. Normal Questing Job Reputation will not be replaced, but will be on top of new mechanics in the works.
    • Ferret Batteries are disabled. There are direct RF Energy quests now, but they have issues. See under the changelog.
  • ORDER FORMS
    • Order Forms (automated ore purchasing) now give you 'sealed' versions of crates. These need to be unpacked via a SAG Mill. This is so you will also receive Shop Tokens for every purchase.
  • SUPPLY AND DEMAND
    • Empty Supply Crates will give back the Silver Coin when crafted.
    • You can also craft a stack of Empty Supply Crates by replacing the Silver Coin with another Empty Supply Crate.
    • Fixed some exploits and bugs.
      • Supply crates will no longer eat stacks of items while filling a single one.
      • The tooltip for sub 100 FMC items has been pruned.
      • The 100,000 FMC crate exploit loop has been closed. Tsk Tsk.
  • BULK CONTRACTS
    • Updated tooltip text to be easier to read and to fix some typos.
  • MOD UPDATES AND CONFIG CHANGES
    • Lots and lots and lots of bug fixes
    • Yellorite Ore is slightly more plentiful. Slightly.
    • Fluxed Crystals 2 now supports IC2 again(if you wanted to add it to the pack yourself), as well as fixes some broken upgrades (speed and automation) and the strange disappearing machine bug (if you have one out that has the bug, break it and place it down again)
    • Open Modular Turrets is updated finally, camo turret will work again.
    • Hiveacynth, Beegonia, and Hibeescus recipes now match what is displayed in the Lexica Botania
    • Roguelike Dungeons were a bit too plentiful due to unclear configs. They should appear somewhat less in newly generated chunks/worlds
As always, check the full Changelog in my signature!

IMPORTANT NOTES
  • You may need to reset your HQM data. The troubleshooting section has instructions.
  • BE SURE TO EMPTY YOUR TOOLBOX BEFORE YOU UPDATE
  • If you are updating from one of the Beta versions, you will need to use the /bq_admin default LOAD command (not save!). The release version has a quest that can do this for you in the future.
  • RF Energy submission quests are somewhat bugged. While they are being charged, they will break your questing until you stop the RF Submission Station, or the quest is finished.

D

Damien530

Hey Caigan, I just updated the pack and tried loading a world to have minecraft crash on me with this crash report
// Don't be sad. I'll do better next time, I promise!

Time: 8/10/16 1:53 AM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 23
at hardcorequesting.network.DataReader.readVersion(DataReader.java:127)
at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:107)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:438)
at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_890_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:140)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:73)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:92)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 1491570080 bytes (1422 MB) / 3279421440 bytes (3127 MB) up to 4056416256 bytes (3868 MB)
JVM Flags: 4 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx4352m -Xms256m -XX:permSize=256m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

UD MineFactoryReloaded|CompatAtum{1.7.10R2.8.1} [MFR Compat: Atum] (MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.1-174.jar)
UD MineFactoryReloaded|CompatBackTools{1.7.10R2.8.1} [MFR Compat: BackTools] (MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.1-174.jar)
UD MineFactoryReloaded|CompatChococraft{1.7.10R2.8.1} [MFR Compat: Chococraft] (MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.1-174.jar)
UD MineFactoryReloaded|CompatExtraBiomes{1.7.10R2.8.1} [MFR Compat: ExtraBiomes] (MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.1-174.jar)
UD MineFactoryReloaded|CompatIC2{1.7.10R2.8.1} [MFR Compat: IC2] (MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.1-174.jar)
UD MineFactoryReloaded|CompatRailcraft{1.7.10R2.8.1} [MFR Compat: Railcraft] (MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.1-174.jar)
UD MineFactoryReloaded|CompatSufficientBiomes{1.7.10R2.8.1} [MFR Compat: Sufficient Biomes] (MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.1-174.jar)
GL info: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
OpenModsLib class transformers: [stencil_patches:FINISHED],[movement_callback:FINISHED],[map_gen_fix:FINISHED],[gl_capabilities_hook:FINISHED],[player_render_hook:FINISHED]
Class transformer null safety: all safe
AE2 Version: stable rv2-stable-10 for Forge 10.13.2.1291
CoFHCore: -[1.7.10]3.1.3-327
Mantle Environment: Environment healthy.
ThermalFoundation: -[1.7.10]1.2.5-115
ThermalExpansion: -[1.7.10]4.1.3-246
MineFactoryReloaded: -[1.7.10]2.8.1-174
TConstruct Environment: Environment healthy.
NetherOres: -[1.7.10]2.3.1-22
ThermalDynamics: -[1.7.10]1.2.0-171

Chisel: Errors like "[FML]: Unable to lookup ..." are NOT the cause of this crash. You can safely ignore these errors. And update forge while you're at it.
EnderIO: Found the following problem(s) with your installation:
* The RF API that is being used (1.7.10R1.0.2 from <unknown>) differes from that that is reported as being loaded (1.7.10R1.0.10 from Mekanism-1.7.10-9.1.0.281.jar).
It is a supported version, but that difference may lead to problems.
This may have caused the error. Try reproducing the crash WITHOUT this/these mod(s) before reporting it.
Stencil buffer state: Function set: GL30, pool: forge, bits: 8
AE2 Integration: IC2:OFF, RotaryCraft:OFF, RC:OFF, BC:ON, RF:ON, RFItem:ON, MFR:ON, DSU:ON, FZ:OFF, FMP:ON, RB:OFF, CLApi:OFF, Waila:ON, InvTweaks:ON, NEI:ON, CraftGuide:OFF, Mekanism:ON, ImmibisMicroblocks:OFF, BetterStorage:OFF
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Player Count: 0 / 8; []
Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Hey Caigan, I just updated the pack and tried loading a world to have minecraft crash on me with this crash report
// Don't be sad. I'll do better next time, I promise!

Time: 8/10/16 1:53 AM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 23
at hardcorequesting.network.DataReader.readVersion(DataReader.java:127)
at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:107)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:438)
at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_890_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:140)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:73)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:92)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 1491570080 bytes (1422 MB) / 3279421440 bytes (3127 MB) up to 4056416256 bytes (3868 MB)
JVM Flags: 4 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx4352m -Xms256m -XX:permSize=256m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

UD MineFactoryReloaded|CompatAtum{1.7.10R2.8.1} [MFR Compat: Atum] (MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.1-174.jar)
UD MineFactoryReloaded|CompatBackTools{1.7.10R2.8.1} [MFR Compat: BackTools] (MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.1-174.jar)
UD MineFactoryReloaded|CompatChococraft{1.7.10R2.8.1} [MFR Compat: Chococraft] (MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.1-174.jar)
UD MineFactoryReloaded|CompatExtraBiomes{1.7.10R2.8.1} [MFR Compat: ExtraBiomes] (MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.1-174.jar)
UD MineFactoryReloaded|CompatIC2{1.7.10R2.8.1} [MFR Compat: IC2] (MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.1-174.jar)
UD MineFactoryReloaded|CompatRailcraft{1.7.10R2.8.1} [MFR Compat: Railcraft] (MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.1-174.jar)
UD MineFactoryReloaded|CompatSufficientBiomes{1.7.10R2.8.1} [MFR Compat: Sufficient Biomes] (MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.1-174.jar)
GL info: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
OpenModsLib class transformers: [stencil_patches:FINISHED],[movement_callback:FINISHED],[map_gen_fix:FINISHED],[gl_capabilities_hook:FINISHED],[player_render_hook:FINISHED]
Class transformer null safety: all safe
AE2 Version: stable rv2-stable-10 for Forge 10.13.2.1291
CoFHCore: -[1.7.10]3.1.3-327
Mantle Environment: Environment healthy.
ThermalFoundation: -[1.7.10]1.2.5-115
ThermalExpansion: -[1.7.10]4.1.3-246
MineFactoryReloaded: -[1.7.10]2.8.1-174
TConstruct Environment: Environment healthy.
NetherOres: -[1.7.10]2.3.1-22
ThermalDynamics: -[1.7.10]1.2.0-171

Chisel: Errors like "[FML]: Unable to lookup ..." are NOT the cause of this crash. You can safely ignore these errors. And update forge while you're at it.
EnderIO: Found the following problem(s) with your installation:
* The RF API that is being used (1.7.10R1.0.2 from <unknown>) differes from that that is reported as being loaded (1.7.10R1.0.10 from Mekanism-1.7.10-9.1.0.281.jar).
It is a supported version, but that difference may lead to problems.
This may have caused the error. Try reproducing the crash WITHOUT this/these mod(s) before reporting it.
Stencil buffer state: Function set: GL30, pool: forge, bits: 8
AE2 Integration: IC2:OFF, RotaryCraft:OFF, RC:OFF, BC:ON, RF:ON, RFItem:ON, MFR:ON, DSU:ON, FZ:OFF, FMP:ON, RB:OFF, CLApi:OFF, Waila:ON, InvTweaks:ON, NEI:ON, CraftGuide:OFF, Mekanism:ON, ImmibisMicroblocks:OFF, BetterStorage:OFF
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Player Count: 0 / 8; []
Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
time to delete hqm data becuase the first couple of lines are the tell

D

Damien530

time to delete hqm data becuase the first couple of lines are the tell
Where do I find my him data? And won't that delete the missions in the quest book?
Edit: just saw the info under troubleshooting section, thanks for the help!

Last edited:

IL2

Jul 29, 2019
Our server is your modpak. We played a little more than two weeks in 1.4. After the upgrade, I udalill folder "Hardcore Quest" and start the server again. I opened the quest tablet, but the first job can not fulfill.
I,am sorry for my english. I hope you will understand me.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    189.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 2.png
    2.png
    188.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 3.png
    3.png
    334.2 KB · Views: 57

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Our server is your modpak. We played a little more than two weeks in 1.4. After the upgrade, I udalill folder "Hardcore Quest" and start the server again. I opened the quest tablet, but the first job can not fulfill.
I,am sorry for my english. I hope you will understand me.
Check that your server properties has online-mode=true. If its set to false, it breaks Better Questing.

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm experiencing some troubles with the new quest tablet, on some quests (currently secrets of Aura is doing it), when I click the arrow next to the claim button it jumps to page 2 and then immediatly back to page 1 again. I can double click for page 3, but again it jumps back to page 1 instantly.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm experiencing some troubles with the new quest tablet, on some quests (currently secrets of Aura is doing it), when I click the arrow next to the claim button it jumps to page 2 and then immediatly back to page 1 again. I can double click for page 3, but again it jumps back to page 1 instantly.
Are you filling any of the RF quests, or have filled out a quest that is repeatable with multi choice rewards?

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, yeah I'm doing an RF quest, I've done some of the smaller ones before, and I'm now doing a big one.
So that's likely why I noticed it happen at random, and not it just happens constantly.