[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I did the default load, yes.
I tried using the commands to complete quests 35 and 2, but the result is the same as when I try completing quest 13: it says "Completed quest etc" in the chat, but in the Q.U.E.S.T. Tablet v2, everything is still as in my screenshots, ie. not completed. I don't understand why I can't mark them as complete when I'm doing bq_admin edit. I even tried removing the links from 13 to 35 and even deleting 13, but to no avail. That's very weird, even more because I have no problem whatsoever when playing in a local game.
Which is odd, as I've just tested it myself with my own server and had no issues...

Are you using a different server thing, like Thermos or Cauldron or something (not sure what is in use nowadays)

T

tobira

I just use the server from your 0.2.0c link (md5 : a215867fef180074dff989bcc8a4e8cd). I'm not using anything else, I just run ./ServerStart.sh...

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I just use the server from your 0.2.0c link (md5 : a215867fef180074dff989bcc8a4e8cd). I'm not using anything else, I just run ./ServerStart.sh...
Testing with a separate server now.

EDIT : Different server and no issue at all.

Try redownloading from the links (both server and client, they will now link to the Release version).

What OS are you running these from? Trying to figure out what the issue is here. =(

Last edited:
T

tobira

Okay. Re-downloading, installing and testing, give me 15 minutes.

I'm using linux for the server, and also playing from a linux. However I also play with someone using windows and the problem was the same, so I don't think it comes from the client.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using linux for the server, and also playing from a linux. However I also play with someone using windows and the problem was the same, so I don't think it comes from the client.
Issue is I just tested from a windows box (mine), and a linux box (friends) and neither had the issue.

Hmmm... going to look into it some more. The upload is already heading to the launcher already.

Are you able to bypass the first two quests by using /bq_admin complete 2 [playername] ? That should bypass the two quests and start you from Soil Samples.

T

tobira

Okay. I was already using the release versions, actually, I just didn't pay attention to the filenames. Weirdest thing ever: the quests are bugging when I'm playing with online-mode = false in server.properties and using Magic Launcher. But it's working fine when I set online-mode = true and use ATLauncher.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay. I was already using the release versions, actually, I just didn't pay attention to the filenames. Weirdest thing ever: the quests are bugging when I'm playing with online-mode = false in server.properties and using Magic Launcher. But it's working fine when I set online-mode = true and use ATLauncher.
Oh yeah, online-mode = false seems to break more than just questing, a fair warning.

T

tobira

To be honest it's the very first time I encountered a problem with any of the modpacks I played, but I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for a great modpack!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
And one more... may it have to do something with the rf submission, but i can't move anymore to the "chois reward"

https://clips.twitch.tv/foxyfirelp/ProudSquidDansGame

Have you completed any of the Draconic Evolution quests?

If you aren't on 0.2.0 Release version (which isn't on the launcher yet), any of the DE quests that have multiple choice reward and are repeatable will break questing.

You'll need to go to the quest page, possibly in Edit mode (/bq_admin edit, open the book, hit Quests, then Edit, then select the Special Research page).

Hover your mouse over the quests and hold Shift, it will show a number, which is the Quest number

You can then do /bq_admin reset [quest number] [player name] (For example, /bq_admin reset 33 caigan )

F

foxyfire

Yes, I am on Version 0.2.0 (release) and I do not done any Draconic quest, I even do not know where there are :eek:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I am on Version 0.2.0 (release) and I do not done any Draconic quest, I even do not know where there are :eek:
Hm, that's not good.

Do the same thing I mentioned above, but reset the RF quests and avoid them for now. I'll have to do some testing on my end.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
reset do nothing :eek:
Make sure you break/disable the RF Submission Station.

Then reset the following numbers : 56, 57, 58, 59, 60

It looks like, while it is CHARGING any of the quests, the questing breaks. Very similar to the Draconic Evolution ones. Going to file a bug report for this one as well.

D

Damien530

Hey Caigan, I am still playing on 0.1.4, and am trying to grow the darkwood sapling from Natura that is found in the nether, and cannot figure out how to grow it. I have used bone-meal, and even tried using the watering can on it in the overworld, the nether, and the last millenium to no avail. Any idea how to grow these? (I am trying to use it as the main wood material in my house)