[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
I have scoured my world at least 3000 blocks in each direction and I have not been able to find a jungle biome which I need for tropical bees and I don't see any method of breeding the tropical bees.

What other methods do I have?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I have scoured my world at least 3000 blocks in each direction and I have not been able to find a jungle biome which I need for tropical bees and I don't see any method of breeding the tropical bees.

Off the top of my head :
  • Start diving into RFTools world generation
  • Work through Botania until you can make a Hivecynth, which I believe generates all the basic bees if you supply it mana.

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Off the top of my head :
  • Start diving into RFTools world generation
  • Work through Botania until you can make a Hivecynth, which I believe generates all the basic bees if you supply it mana.

I've actually tried the Hiveacynth in the past

2016-08-01_15.42.10.png

But I couldn't seem to work out the recipe for it. (This is my most recent attempt in the picture)

I've been looking into RFTools Dimensions for a while too, which will most likely be the way I'll have to go, after I've finished collecting the dimlets I want.

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
You have one too many mana powder and are missing one blue petal. =)

The recipe shown in my attempt was: 4x Mana Powder, 1 Blue, 2 Cyan, 1 Light Blue, which matches both the wiki and the Lexica Botania (or my Lexica Botania anyway)
2016-08-01_21.12.17.png

However, the recipe you have given here is correct, and the NEI entry matches it, and I seem to have missed it due to being a book addict.
2016-08-01_21.13.16.png

P.S. You might want to update the recipe for the Lexica Botania :p

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
P.S. You might want to update the recipe for the Lexica Botania
Actually, I had forgotten I put up temporary recipes after Botania removed Mana Petals. Later, Magic Bees updated the recipes, and it shows the Magic Bees recipes, while it wants the recipes I added instead to actually make them.

The recipes will now match what is in the Lexica Botania.

Reactions: An0nymuS

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I had forgotten I put up temporary recipes after Botania removed Mana Petals. Later, Magic Bees updated the recipes, and it shows the Magic Bees recipes, while it wants the recipes I added instead to actually make them.

The recipes will now match what is in the Lexica Botania.

Yes! More book reading :D

Euchale

Jul 29, 2019

So I am not the only one having this problem? I´ve checked my biomes´o´plenty config file and it seemed fine, but still I don´t get jungle, nor rainforest biomes.

Omniwrath

Jul 29, 2019
This is an exciting pack, I love the potential. Can't wait to see more quest completion. For quest lines that actually have zero quests, (such as Blood Magic) I would suggest disabling the quest that opens that quest line. I was really sad to spend my tickets buying gold/redstone to open Blood Magic only to realize [WIP] actually meant, [NOTHING AT ALL].

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
So I am not the only one having this problem?
Currently Realistic Terrain Generation is the worldgen mod being used. I've come across both in my test worlds these last few versions, so I can't say if its rarer or broken myself unfortunately.

I was really sad to spend my tickets buying gold/redstone to open Blood Magic only to realize [WIP] actually meant, [NOTHING AT ALL].
I made sure to change the quest text to make it much clearer for the next version. =)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE INFORMATION
The first pass of quest testing has been done, and I've fixed a 'ton' of things that don't quite convert over (and some stuff that were an issue in the HQM version of quests, but are easier to sort out in this version)

I will be doing another smaller set of quest tests, then finish up working on the other things needed for this update before releasing a Beta.

No, no ETA, cause that always bites me in the face. =) Soon though!

Reactions: An0nymuS

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Just received a reward item:
Malisis Doors Blind Bag Series G 1

When I rightclick while holding it, nothing happens, it appears to be broken.

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Just came across another bug that might already be fixed (but I don't know). I've tested it on a few different quests, and it seems to be so for all delivery quests.
So for example, the Supply Crate - 100,000 FMC, requires a supply crate with that value.
Say I have two, and I i accidentally double click the manual submit button, it will submit both, but only reward me for the first one.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Just came across another bug that might already be fixed (but I don't know). I've tested it on a few different quests, and it seems to be so for all delivery quests.
So for example, the Supply Crate - 100,000 FMC, requires a supply crate with that value.
Say I have two, and I i accidentally double click the manual submit button, it will submit both, but only reward me for the first one.
probably best to hand those in via a sag mill then one of the custom recipes it was given essentially gives u the same value from the quest and its automateable

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
That is, unfortunately, an issue with HQM that I cannot fix. They've stopped development of the 1.7.10 version, which is one reason for the switch to Better Questing for a majority of questing (though shop and contracts will still be handled via the HQM, so this issue will still be present)

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any pet-like mobs in this pack other than frail vanilla wolves? I'm looking for a reasonably combat competent pet to fight for me.

I don't mind a way to convert hostile mobs to pets either, if there is, of course.