[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else here unable to make magical wooden parts? I'm trying to put magical wood and a pattern in the part builder but it doesn't let me craft it...
Do you have enough for the pattern, and if you press shift while hovering over said pattern does it list mag.wood as a valid material?

Syphin

Jul 29, 2019
This should only be a visual bug. Place a dirt block ro something next to them and they should appear.

So I tried the dirt idea and nope. They are gone. interesting enough if I don't "repair" the missing pieces and do a restart on the server then more pieces disappear. Its ONLY the transfer node and pipe also. i should also state that this is happening inside of a compression cube.

On a side note.. has anyone found a gravitational anomaly? I have looked and looked and nothing.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
QUICK NOTE FOR EVERYONE
Sorry about being quiet, had some serious hardware issues pop up Thursday, and...lets just say its been a very frustrating and expensive weekend fixing my computer. I'm still trying to get everything reinstalled and set back up during my usual busy weekend stuff.

I did lose a bit of progress on getting the Beta ready, but not really much.

Weather obelisk quest in EnderIO seems to be bugged. Weather crystal, one of its components, has a recipe of a single diamond, which doesn't work.
I didn't see this in this thread on searching, nor in the known bugs google document.
Noted and added to Trello.

hello, i have been working on a server (24H) one however the server keeps shutting down ... (but on my pc it works when it goes on a server it self it stops working. i think i have to ask IT about it again)
I'll need some sort of crash log before I can figure out what is going on here.

@Caigan i mentioned the Draconic stabilizer issue a few days ago and talked to Brandon about it and got the solution here :3
Aha, thanks!

This has properly been brought up befor but if you put one singel exhange tokken into your craftin box it turns into 64.
This is by design, for automation purposes. The Exchange Tokens themselves are worthless, you HAVE to combine them with Silver Coins to turn them into Exchange Vouchers.

Is the first Progressive Automation quest supposed to be asking for bedrock? Is it locked down for a reason, or is it a bug?
I forgot to hide this questline for the last update, since Progressive Automation was removed.

Anyone else here unable to make magical wooden parts? I'm trying to put magical wood and a pattern in the part builder but it doesn't let me craft it...
Magical Wooden parts were disabled for balancing reasons. With Iguana Tinker Tweaks and upgrading tools via use, Magical Wooden parts enabled you to get a ton of Modifications immediately, and then let you swap to more useful materials without losing the modification slots. This pretty much negated the benefit of leveling up a tool.

So I tried the dirt idea and nope. They are gone. interesting enough if I don't "repair" the missing pieces and do a restart on the server then more pieces disappear. Its ONLY the transfer node and pipe also. i should also state that this is happening inside of a compression cube.
That is very odd. I'll investigate it.

On a side note.. has anyone found a gravitational anomaly? I have looked and looked and nothing.
They are very rare, but I'll see if I can bump up their worldgen rate a bit.

Reactions: Everlasting2

xLyfa

Jul 29, 2019
Will the next update require HQM reset? I'd like to play this pack, but I'm considering just waiting for the next update because of a possible HQM reset. Thanks.

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Will the next update require HQM reset? I'd like to play this pack, but I'm considering just waiting for the next update because of a possible HQM reset. Thanks.

you're always able to do "/hqm edit" to edit which quests you have done, should a reset be required :) that command gives a book that lets you shift-click a quest to complete it.

Reactions: xLyfa

xLyfa

Jul 29, 2019
you're always able to do "/hqm edit" to edit which quests you have done, should a reset be required :) that command gives a book that lets you shift-click a quest to complete it.
Oh, I didn't even know this. Thanks for the tip, that's really handy!

Reactions: Markhor

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately most likely for the time being,w hile old quests are being removed and reused for new quests.

It's an issue that won't be fixed in 1.7.10 version of HQM, sadly, but I'm looking at ways of minimizing it right now.

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue where I'm unable to modify basic item filters from Extra Utilities (Invert, Ignores NBT/Metadata), although I have been able to with the advanced item filters. Is the recipe broken or disabled? I don't want to have to resort to Ender Io's relatively complicated advanced item filters just to blacklist 1 or 2 items.

2016-06-21_12.00.25.png

Edit: I've checked the Trello and found the bug already registered, whoops.

Last edited:
T

Tixy

Would the modpack crash with the following mods I would like to add, or is that something you can't foresee? This is for single player. I know these are a lot of mods so there is a small chance this will work. And I was also wondering why you deleted Lycanites Mobs.
Thanks in advance.

Deadly World
Aether ll
Chococraft
Ancient Warfare
Lostbooks
Custom NPC's
Better Dungeons
Zombie Awareness
Primitive Mobs
Hardcore Ender Expansion
Weapon Case Loot
Instant Blocks
Chocolate Quest

Because the more danger, the better hehe

Last edited:

Zirofal

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately most likely for the time being,w hile old quests are being removed and reused for new quests.

It's an issue that won't be fixed in 1.7.10 version of HQM, sadly, but I'm looking at ways of minimizing it right now.
will the reset effect the world or will it just be the quest book? also how long do you think it might take befor the uppdate?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Would the modpack crash with the following mods I would like to add, or is that something you can't foresee? This is for single player. I know these are a lot of mods so there is a small chance this will work. And I was also wondering why you deleted Lycanites Mobs.
Hm, I'm not sure on those mods, not really tried them in the pack itself, other than Chococraft before and that had no issues at the time (pack has changed a lot since then, so I cannot say either way)

Lycanites was removed due to various issues with it, including ignoring spawn limits and rules and causing odd amounts of lag.

will the reset effect the world or will it just be the quest book? also how long do you think it might take befor the uppdate?
Just the questbook.

And no ETA on the next update. I'm catching up on issues that have arisen from hardware failure last weekend, and I'm unfortunately very behind my plans now. All I can really say is soooon. =)

Reactions: An0nymuS

Zirofal

Jul 29, 2019
And no ETA on the next update. I'm catching up on issues that have arisen from hardware failure last weekend said:
i see. then i properly wont play untill it dropp and just screen shot wich quest i completed so far.

D

dusakus

A little nuisance I found:
I'm unable to craft bronze paxel from Mekanism, which must be made from MEKANISM bronze tools.
Their recipes are overriden by thermal foundation tools, which can not be used to craft the paxel.
Not sure if it's a bug or intended, but i didn't find anything searching this thread and trello.

Anyway, thanks for a great modpack ;)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm unable to craft bronze paxel from Mekanism, which must be made from MEKANISM bronze tools.
Oh hm, I thought I added a new recipe for that. Looks like I didn't yet. Oops.

Recipe added using the Thermal Foundation tools.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Just a note, I've been dealing with the death of a pet today. Our 14 year old cat passed away, so it wasn't too much of a surprise, but no less painful to experience.

I'm at the stage of the next update where I'm updating mods a handful at a time and launching the game to make sure nothing explodes. Then I'll be doing a few personal tests before I release it as a Beta. Maybe tomorrow or Monday, but no promises, it depends on what breaks and how badly when updating mods.