[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Looking through the changelog, I don't see any fixes regarding the inverted item filters, will it be implemented in the future?

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Get the lowest tier metal crates. They're one for one in terms of vouchers to loyalty, everything else just declines in "value" from there.
Thanks, I was hoping there would be a faster method though.

It looks like only the Advanced filters are invertable.
Yep, I eventually resorted to using the ender io conduits but I think not being able to invert the basic filters is really limiting the mod (the automation part at least). I hope this will get fixed soon

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, I eventually resorted to using the ender io conduits but I think not being able to invert the basic filters is really limiting the mod (the automation part at least). I hope this will get fixed soon
Don't think the 1.7 version of the mod is being worked on anymore, unfortunately.

Hazmatik

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know the most efficient way of gaining shop loyalty points?

I caught a legendary android that is carrying an omnitool (The Omnitool= 50,000 FMC) in a safari net and i'm autospawning/grinding it, then crating the omnitools it drops in an RFtools crafter exporting to a sag mill. Then run the coins with exchange tokens through an alloy smelter. I'm using an Autonomous Activator and a vacuum chest to open the bags of coins and turn them into coins.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I caught a legendary android that is carrying an omnitool (The Omnitool= 50,000 FMC) in a safari net and i'm autospawning/grinding it, then crating the omnitools it drops in an RFtools crafter exporting to a sag mill. Then run the coins with exchange tokens through an alloy smelter. I'm using an Autonomous Activator and a vacuum chest to open the bags of coins and turn them into coins.
gz u found an exploit ,alas the only way to fix it without butchering the spawner is to revoke the omni-tools fmc value
what u are trying to do DID work in prior versions of extra utilities(yes still 1.7.10) alas this is unlikely to fixed since the next "stable"mc version of it is a major mod rewrite per-say

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
gz u found an exploit ,alas the only way to fix it without butchering the spawner is to revoke the omni-tools fmc value
When I get around to FMC Valuing Matter Overdrive, that'll be fixed, since mob drops are supposed to be much lower in value. Something for a later version, not super important right now.

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Is this supposed to be normal? The amount of ingots seem to vary from 1-10 every time the sigil is reinserted into the crafting window.

2016-06-27_16.06.00.png

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Is this supposed to be normal? The amount of ingots seem to vary from 1-10 every time the sigil is reinserted into the crafting window.
Not intentionally. Normal activated sigils do that, so that they have a use beyond just making Unstable Ingots. The recipe overrides other recipes unfortunately, and I can't remove it without removing that functionality.

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Not intentionally. Normal activated sigils do that, so that they have a use beyond just making Unstable Ingots. The recipe overrides other recipes unfortunately, and I can't remove it without removing that functionality.
I see, I've traded them for the iron instead as I believe my priorities are set correctly

NathanG

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm so I just started, and I've completed 7 quests in total. I got a blind bag from a quest, and received a Luck of the Dragon Blind Bag. From that, I received a Legendary Blind Bag of Blind Bags. From that I received another Luck of the Dragon Blind Bag, and from that one I received a Draconic Evolution Blind Bag A. Finally, from that one, I received a Draconic Staff of Power.

da49a0674d2b4ecd8351664d6c97b6c2.png

Is this normal? Or did I just get super lucky? I almost feel like I should throw away the staff of power, or save it for later, as I feel like I'm skipping a ton of the progression with it.

Reactions: Wiremash

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Or did I just get super lucky?
You got SUPER lucky for your blind bag!

From each Legendary bag, its a 10% chance to get a Luck of the Dragon bag.
From the Luck of the Dragon bag, its a 25% chance to get a Draconic Evolution Blind Bag.
From each Draconic Evolution Blind Bag, you have a 20-30% chance of getting something OTHER than a single Draconium Ingot.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Hmm so I just started, and I've completed 7 quests in total. I got a blind bag from a quest, and received a Luck of the Dragon Blind Bag. From that, I received a Legendary Blind Bag of Blind Bags. From that I received another Luck of the Dragon Blind Bag, and from that one I received a Draconic Evolution Blind Bag A. Finally, from that one, I received a Draconic Staff of Power.

Is this normal? Or did I just get super lucky? I almost feel like I should throw away the staff of power, or save it for later, as I feel like I'm skipping a ton of the progression with it.
the unleashed power of dragons and no way even close to being able to sate its hunger (lol!), well u got a way to harvest obsiden with 0prep(if it came charged) or minimal prep elsewise . i would try to get a soulbound book for that staff it is far to expensive to let it ever be dropped on death or into a grave.

well anyways gz on a very unique start to a modded mc playthrough

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
THE FERRET BUSINESS 0.1.4 BETA!

CLIENT BETA
SERVER BETA
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
CHANGELOG

HQM RESET
As always, you'll need to reset your HQM data. There is not much I can do about this, unfortunately. Please refer to the Troubleshooting Document document for instructions on both how to do this, and how to regain your lost progress quickly.

I am working on tackling this issue, as its a big troublesome one, but I don't want to say anything until I know it'll work out.

REMOVED MODS
Aroma 1997 Core, Aroma Backup, and YAMPST are being removed.

Aroma Mods: Aroma Backup is nice but it is also known to be laggy and have issues. I am not leaving you with no Backup utility though, as it is being replaced.

YAMPST
: Yampst, the player statistic tracker and message relay I use is being discontinued. It's fairly useless without the online components to it, so it is being removed now.

CUSTOMIZED MODS
For a good while, Fluxed Crystals 2 has had some minor issues in it. Thanks to TheBlueTroll, we now have a custom fork of it called Fluxed Crystals 2 : Ferret Edition. It removes IC2 support, fixes the odd ore dictionary issues that were causing the wrong seeds to be infused, as well as fix a few smaller issues such as Speed upgrades not working correctly.

THE MODS BEING ADDED
These mods are definitely more quality of life than anything, other than part of one being the replacement for Aroma Backup

FTB Utilities: Provides a lot of helpful functions and tools, both for modpack makers like myself, but also server owners.

I will be utilizing the Guide system, accessible from your inventory, for explaining basic modpack functions, instead of relying on Enchiridion books, which can cause crashes if a mod is removed or changes.

It has a built in backup utility as well, which will save backups to /ftb-backups/ instead of /backups/

I am also using the Spawn Protection function, as players had issues being attacked in a new world by various monsters before they could get their bearings.

BeeBetterAtBees : An NEI Plugin that helps prospective Apiculturists in the fine art of Bee Breeding.

IMPORTANT CHANGES
The Supply system has been updated in a few ways :
  • Most currently valued mods, aside from MFR and Thaumcraft, have had their values checked and updated. Many items have become either more lucrative or cheaper. Especially in the case of Botania, I overvalued Mana by a big factor.
  • You can now crate any item types together for the time being. This makes generic Goods crates right now, but in future updates, you will be able to make specific item type crates like before, which will be important in Supply Orders.
  • There is now a 200,000 FMC crate, because the most expensive items got even more expensive.
  • A few of the smaller values have been condensed. 75 FMC, for example, is now gone. It goes like this :
    • Every 100 to 500
    • Every 500 to 100,000
    • Every 1,000 above that
  • The Mega Packager is now known as the Ferret Business Workbench, since it will have more functions in the future.
  • Combining various different crate values together should now work.
  • You can craft Bags of Coins back into a stack of 50 coins, instead of having to Right Click them.
Blind Bags for all mods currently with blind bags, aside from Thaumcraft and MineFactory Reloaded, have been redone from scratch. Instead of having an arbitrary number of items or tiers, each tier has a maximum value it can hold. Each item will only go up to a full stack maximum, so something like Cobblestone won't dump 40,000 in your inventory if you pull it out of a bag.
  • Cheap : 10,000 FMC Value
  • Decent : 50,000 FMC Value
  • Good : 200,000 FMC Value
  • Amazing : 200,001 and higher FMC Value
This means there are some less Amazing bags, and a lot more Cheap/Decent bags. I have added more rewards to the Amazing tier that give you multiple Good/Decent/Cheap bags in return.

There is a new Order Form system, early in its implementation. You can craft a stack of Blank Order Forms, and combine one with any Ore you can purchase in the shop to create an Order Form for it(you should get the Ore back as well). You can then craft these, like the Exchange Tokens, to duplicate them as many times as you want for automation purposes.

Then combine it with the proper amount of Shop Vouchers in an EnderIO Alloy Smelter to 'purchase' that supply crate. You will NOT get Shop Loyalty this way for the time being.
The Guide Book is something provided by FTB Utilities, which gives me a handy way of explaining early pack mechanics, without requiring an actual inventory item. You can find it to the left of your inventory. For now, it is very basic, but I will expand on it more in the next update.

Your Starting Inventory has been update with some new goodies, including a handy utility knife to defend yourself with, and a refreshing drink sure to give your feet wings.

Many creatures, both hostile and peaceful, have had their spawn rates lowered.

The Forge version of the pack is also going up to version 1614, making it (mostly) playable in VR with ViveCraft. Which is a very very minor thing to 99% of the players in here, but is of important note to myself. =) ((ps don't open Enchiridion books, they don't play well in ViveCraft))

Theres a bunch of other things I've probably missed. Be sure to check the Changelog!
------------

I'll let folks mess around in the beta until either Thursday or Friday. Please report any issues you find and I'll try to fix as many as I can, especially crashing issues. Minor issues may have to wait.

I have a large pile of typos and grammar issues from various super helpful members of the community I need to fix, but I'm waiting a bit to see if my HQM changes will be possible.

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019

When I won an angel ring early in my playthrough I held it off till I fought my first wither, so I think you should save it for later when you think it's about time you should have had it. :)

Reactions: NathanG

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
When I won an angel ring early in my playthrough I held it off till I fought my first wither, so I think you should save it for later when you think it's about time you should have had it. :)
lucky i only got the whole wings from a bag after i had the wings already , my first pair of wings was made of a salvaged pair of sonar googles(<-from a bag) and a nether star. i also waited to actually make them (until morph flight limations got on my nerves enough ,conduit work through vertical tunnels is "fun" with morph flight)