[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question about draconium ore: I've been playing this pack for a few months and I have yet to see the ore. I just unlocked the draconium book. Will the draconium ore now populate through the world?
Draconium Ore generation is disabled in MOST dimensions and cases. There are some I have 0 control over, unfortunately.

A majority of Draconium and Draconic Evolution items you obtain will be via the QUEST Tablet.

what are you guys talking about i found plenty of drac ores around the height 7
This means either the config for Draconic Evolution was changed or reset to defaults, whether it be your local copy, or the one a server if you are playing on one.

It's also not actually up to the modpack author where Draconium ore spawns by default
By default? No, its not my choice as a packmaker.

But as a packmaker, it IS within my ability to disable the ore generation for it, and use other methods of obtaining it, whether using COFH worldgen, HQM quests, Minetweaker recipes/dungeon loot tables/etc, or whatever else.

If the modpack developer feels Draconium ore breaks progression that strongly, they really should reconsider their entire progression tree or enable an alternative means of obtaining Draconium ore
And you can. Via HQM questing.

Finally, since this modpack states that quests are optional, and you can simply ignore the quest guide book and do your own thing, I fail to see why Draconium ore generation should be blocked from spawning, anyway. That makes no kind of sense at all to me if one isn't even interested in the quest side of things.
Just because questing is optional, does not mean you can do everything in the pack without questing.

Outside of Draconic Evolution, I do not gate natural mod progress/items behind quests, like say an RFTool Dimension that have ores/items that do not spawn anywhere else, that are required to progress in any mod tech tree, or a AE2 Spatial Drive that does similar. I did this as a way to reward players who DO do questing, with the 'reward' of some of the biggest tools, machines, and multiblocks.

do you see the deep dark here ? or rftools dims ? nope right
This is a fresh RFtools world without any modifyers
The Deep Dark is one of those things I cannot control the worldgen on easily. The latter is part of a larger issue in that I need to rebuild and rebalance the configs for RFTools Dimensions.

at some point its probably more simple to just remove/tweak out all usage recipes of draconium ore . because it somehow keeps surfacing in other dimensions
Pretty much most of the DE recipes ARE disabled. I left smelting Ore into Ingots just in case situations like above happened, where a small amount of the Ore slipped into worldgen somewhere.

There are some recipes that remain, but they require items that you can only obtain via the repeatable quests.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Just because questing is optional, does not mean you can do everything in the pack without questing.

Outside of Draconic Evolution, I do not gate natural mod progress/items behind quests, like say an RFTool Dimension that have ores/items that do not spawn anywhere else, that are required to progress in any mod tech tree, or a AE2 Spatial Drive that does similar. I did this as a way to reward players who DO do questing, with the 'reward' of some of the biggest tools, machines, and multiblocks.

Busted! You claim questing is optional, then tell us it's not optional for the biggest mod in the modpack! Gee, I'm glad I found this out now, I was going to try your modpack again, saves me the hassle doesn't it!

*Makes note to self about modpack author that makes false claims and lies blatantly about mods in their description of modpack.

If there's one thing I hate it's some modpack author that picks one particular mod out and "rewards" players for doing quests related to it. You did this to yourself mate. Goodbye!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Busted! You claim questing is optional, then tell us it's not optional for the biggest mod in the modpack! Gee, I'm glad I found this out now, I was going to try your modpack again, saves me the hassle doesn't it!

*Makes note to self about modpack author that makes false claims and lies blatantly about mods in their description of modpack.

If there's one thing I hate it's some modpack author that picks one particular mod out and "rewards" players for doing quests related to it. You did this to yourself mate. Goodbye!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
u do realize how powerful draconic evolution stuff is,it literally makes (almost excuding signalium crossbows setups ) all other gear obsolete a sycthe is pointless when the swords are cheaply given aoe or start with aoe AND start much stronger then most other weopons
if u play without questing ur effectively playing without de is this really a problem ?
if it is theres always the kitchen sink packs and then using increased draconium worldgen

Last edited:

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
the questing is what makes this modpack unique, and not (identical to) other modpacks..

so go play another modpack. no reason to dwell on this.

Reactions: An0nymuS

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
o_O

Optional means it's possible to play the pack with HQM, which it is. It doesn't mean that everything is optimal for it. If you play a pack with focus and balance depending on HQM, and choose to play without using HQM, and expect everything to work out exactly as you want it, you're being naive.

Of all the kitchen sink modpacks, you had to choose one with focus and balance depending on HQM? And then shitpost and blame the pack author.. Choose your packs more intelligently or make one yourself, and you'll save yourself and others some time.

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
u do realize how powerful draconic evolution stuff is,it literally makes (almost excuding signalium crossbows setups ) all other gear obsolete a sycthe is pointless when the swords are cheaply given aoe or start with aoe AND start much stronger then most other weopons
if u play without questing ur effectively playing without de is this really a problem ?
if it is theres always the kitchen sink packs and then using increased draconium worldgen

No, I don't know how much stronger than Draconic Evolution items are over other mods items. Everyone assumes I know everything there is to know about the mods in question, therefore you make an ass outta you and me.

I've seen how good it is in YouTube LP's I've seen that are playing modpacks that have it included, but I'm not sure it's all that overpowered just by being in a modpack. Also, one point is that the modpack author of this pack had to choose quests as the gating system for the mod in question. He did not need to do that to himself. He could have simply gated Draconic Evolution through other mods in the modpack through recipe changes and kept the ore's worldgen. All modpack rewards are to me is something that says I've gone and completed the quest you asked me to do, can I go back to building this mod's machines now? I really do not understand nor care for gating just one mod through quests.

If quests were supposed to be truly optional then I would have expected a client-side option - for single-player anyway - that would alter the terrain generation config for those who simply don't want to do the questing side of things. There's no way he could balance the mods around quests anyway, not truly.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
The biggest mod in the modpack? Far from it. It barely adds 3/4th an NEI page of items to the game on my screen. It adds 2 tiers of tools/armor, some machines, some multiblock structures, and some utility items.

It adds some stuff, sure, a lot of it more 'mid/late game' than early game (exploring far in the End and fighting up powered up Ender Dragons). But it isn't the largest mod in the pack.

Botania is 7 pages in NEI.

Thaumcraft is 4 NEI pages alone. Factor in the add-on mods like Thaumic Exploration, Thaumic Tinkerer, etc, and you got around 6 pages.

But here, I will agree my wording could be better in that post, in that I could have clarified that "Outside of Draconic Evolution, I mostly do not gate content..." or something similar.

Or, this is a new chance for you to strike it out on your own, in a world all to yourself. You can follow the QUEST Tablet or ignore it and do your own thing. The choice is yours.
I take it, this is the section of the description for the modpack (right from the FTB launcher) you are having issue with? Where do I lie about mods here?

He did not need to do that to himself. He could have simply gated Draconic Evolution through other mods in the modpack through recipe changes and kept the ore's worldgen.
And then I would have been gating it through having to do one or more OTHER mods instead of HQM. In the end, its still a gate, and one I would have had to do myself no matter what. I'd still have to write the minetweaker scripts to change the recipes, and write explanations on why things were changed that way.

There's no way he could balance the mods around quests anyway, not truly.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

When you put a bunch of mods together, its hard to achieve balance. When you have a pack this size, it's even harder. If I wanted perfect balance, I'd of thrown out Big Reactors, Tinker's Construct, Mekanism, Agricraft, Fluxed Crystals, Matter Overdrive, RFTools, Steve's Factory Manager, Blood Magic, and so many other mods long ago.

I'm not shooting for perfect balance, just 'balanced enough'.

--------------

All in all, I'm sorry you aren't pleased with the pack or how I run it. You seem somewhat upset over my choices and what you feel are lies, and that is not and never has been something I want to cause intentionally.

There are plenty of other packs out there, by folks more talented than myself. Hopefully you find one that works better for you. =)

Yazzari

Jul 29, 2019
Actually he sounds like a kid having a snit fit for not getting his favorite toys when he wants them. Hence the name calling and slander come into play for him. I play the mod pack for the most part with out the questing. but this mod is very different from the others on ftb and I've tried most of the current ones. Keep in mind as well this is still in beta for him so not everything will work at all times or at all if the scripting conflicts with other modpacks. That's what this forum is for to report the bugs so he can address them.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I take it, this is the section of the description for the modpack (right from the FTB launcher) you are having issue with? Where do I lie about mods here?

Yeah that part you posted in your post. For whatever reason, it seems I can't be a true ferret and go for whatever mods happen to appeal to me in your modpack. I'd have to go to some other modpack, why am I constantly having to switch modpacks every time I find one that has had a mod changed in it?

I really would like to find a modpack to my liking, but preferably one which hasn't had mods other people consider overpowered nerfed or changed excessively. I really am sorry this turned out to be the case in your modpack. I just am not coming back to it unless you want to live up to your word you wrote in the description.

I constantly seem to be ferreting out modpacks that have one or more minor annoyances that are annoying to me, what kind of a ferret does that make me? :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah that part you posted in your post. For whatever reason, it seems I can't be a true ferret and go for whatever mods happen to appeal to me in your modpack. I'd have to go to some other modpack, why am I constantly having to switch modpacks every time I find one that has had a mod changed in it?

I really would like to find a modpack to my liking, but preferably one which hasn't had mods other people consider overpowered nerfed or changed excessively. I really am sorry this turned out to be the case in your modpack. I just am not coming back to it unless you want to live up to your word you wrote in the description.

I constantly seem to be ferreting out modpacks that have one or more minor annoyances that are annoying to me, what kind of a ferret does that make me? :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
This isn't a snarky reply but just make your own pack.

No really, Curse launcher makes it soooo brain dead simple to create your own customized pack. It warns you of updates, dls core mods almost without you knowing and assuming you keep to the vast selection of mods hosted on curseforge you don't need to mess with permissions to distribute to other players.

I know Curse is an evil corporate machine but at least this machine is pooping things out that I like.

Just quit whining about this pack, there are many tools and places where you can get exactly what you want. Don't care that DE is an utterly broken exercise in power creep? Just add it to your pack, you could even use MineTweaker to make it so it's crafted from dirt.

This is a hell of a time to be in to modded minecraft.

God darn spoiled kids! Get off my astro turf!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
This isn't a snarky reply but just make your own pack.

No really, Curse launcher makes it soooo brain dead simple to create your own customized pack. It warns you of updates, dls core mods almost without you knowing and assuming you keep to the vast selection of mods hosted on curseforge you don't need to mess with permissions to distribute to other players.

I know Curse is an evil corporate machine but at least this machine is pooping things out that I like.

Just quit whining about this pack, there are many tools and places where you can get exactly what you want. Don't care that DE is an utterly broken exercise in power creep? Just add it to your pack, you could even use MineTweaker to make it so it's crafted from dirt.

This is a hell of a time to be in to modded minecraft.

God darn spoiled kids! Get off my astro turf!

Well, mostly the only reason I have the Curse launcher on my desktop is because I wanted to install Agrarian Skies 2. If it wasn't for that the only thing I would have had would have been the Curse account I use over on Curse when I need to discuss some Minecraft issue. Lately that hasn't been necessary because I've been heavily into the modded side of things. I have been active over in the modded community there, posting on occasion about bugs I've found, or issues I've been having.

I don't own a Curse Premium account or anything I'd have to pay a monthly fee for, at least not currently. I like to keep things that way. I know, I can use my free account and make whatever pack I want, but the thing is, I wouldn't even know where to begin. I most certainly don't have expertise in making my own modpack, as appealing as that might seem to you. It's not as simple as you think to just go and slap a modpack together. There's all kinds of unification, oredictionarying, and a heap of other modded config or mod option related things that I'd have to go through learning the ins and outs of. I much prefer playing a pre-built pack, as odd as that might seem to you.

If I built a modpack I'd probably be too busy asking other people for help fixing it so it worked to actually play it. So I prefer pre-built modpacks. If you have issues with that, and the way I view things, please, do everyone a favor and take further rants like yours above to PM. I'll be happy to respond, or maybe ignore you, if I feel you're too overbearing, hopefully you aren't that kind of person though.

Just remember, not everyone has the ability or talent to make a modpack, it's not a universal constant or anything special. Good day to you, too, sir.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Just remember, not everyone has the ability or talent to make a modpack, it's not a universal constant or anything special. Good day to you, too, sir.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

So you thought you'd just ask one of these pack makers to change their pack design? Criticize their choices and question their ethics (that "optional" quest malarkey).

Seems reasonable, kappa.

Then again criticism isn't that bad. Frankly I think any pack that includes DE AT ALL gets marked down by me.
Ones that nerf it to all buggery do get marked down less though, but still marked down.

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019

You are mind blowingly self-centered. Playing a modpack doesn't make the modpack maker your mother, modpack makers are not working for you. If the pack has an element you don't like, you either fix the issue yourself or change pack.

I don't own a Curse Premium account or anything I'd have to pay a monthly fee for, at least not currently. I like to keep things that way. I know, I can use my free account and make whatever pack I want, but the thing is, I wouldn't even know where to begin. I most certainly don't have expertise in making my own modpack, as appealing as that might seem to you. It's not as simple as you think to just go and slap a modpack together. There's all kinds of unification, oredictionarying, and a heap of other modded config or mod option related things that I'd have to go through learning the ins and outs of. I much prefer playing a pre-built pack, as odd as that might seem to you.

So you're simply saying you are too lazy to learn how to put a modpack together and therefore prefer playing a pre-built pack. Nothing odd with that, it's the same for most people. What's odd is that you seem to think it puts you in a position where you can whine and shitpost when parts of the pack doesn't live up to your own expectations and ideas.

Again, optional optimal. The only thing to live up to here is your own expectations which are on the level of a child whose mother doesn't let him have ice cream for dinner. Live up to what you're writing here instead and don't come back. You've had your shitposting, be content with it.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Children, can we not throw our toys around? You're running the risk of hitting other kids if you miss. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay folks, I'd like to ask everyone to be civil. I don't want things to devolve further so a moderator has to step in with warnings.

For whatever reason, it seems I can't be a true ferret and go for whatever mods happen to appeal to me in your modpack. I'd have to go to some other modpack, why am I constantly having to switch modpacks every time I find one that has had a mod changed in it?
Unfortunately, you are going to find it quite difficult to find a modpack that hasn't changed a mod in some way, be it tweaking recipes (which..is still changing the mod), altering configs, or other such changes.

I just am not coming back to it unless you want to live up to your word you wrote in the description.
You'll also find that what you 'believe' what I'm saying will not change the words I said. The description does not say "mods are not changed at all" or "you can do everything without the quest book". It simply says you can ignore the questbook and the pack will still be playable.

I constantly seem to be ferreting out modpacks that have one or more minor annoyances that are annoying to me, what kind of a ferret does that make me?
o_O

hen again criticism isn't that bad.
This is what I need to remind folks of. Criticism isn't bad...if it's constructive. =)

If the pack has an element you don't like, you either fix the issue yourself or change pack.
And here is where I'm going to be helpful to you, BrickVoid.
  1. Make sure the modpack is not running.
  2. Go into the /minecraft/config folder for this modpack.
  3. Delete DraconicEvolution.cfg
  4. Go back and go into /minecraft/scripts.
  5. Delete DraconicEvolution.zs
  6. Launch the modpack. Start a new world or travel around to areas you haven't explored yet.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
do everyone a favor and take further rants like yours above to PM. I
But u are ranting in the forum thread your self !!! so why dont u take your own advice .

edit : i apologize if this does not seem calmed down but it was posted before i read your post caigan

Reactions: Mlukvai

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
You are mind blowingly self-centered. Playing a modpack doesn't make the modpack maker your mother, modpack makers are not working for you. If the pack has an element you don't like, you either fix the issue yourself or change pack.

So you're simply saying you are too lazy to learn how to put a modpack together and therefore prefer playing a pre-built pack. Nothing odd with that, it's the same for most people. What's odd is that you seem to think it puts you in a position where you can whine and shitpost when parts of the pack doesn't live up to your own expectations and ideas.

Again, optional optimal. The only thing to live up to here is your own expectations which are on the level of a child whose mother doesn't let him have ice cream for dinner. Live up to what you're writing here instead and don't come back. You've had your shitposting, be content with it.

Your analogy is poor and irrelevant, I'll have you know I'm 48 and very close to my 49th year this September. I can have ice-cream whenever I want! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Joshi120

Jul 29, 2019
o/ i just found a weird issue when you connect a Draconic Reactor Stabilizer to a Open computers Adapter you get a internal server error and get kicked from the server it works just fine in single player

`[02:23:37] [Server thread/WARN]: Failed to handle packet for /127.0.0.1:54831
openperipheral.adapter.composed.ComposedMethodsFactory$InvalidClassException
at openperipheral.adapter.composed.ComposedMethodsFactory.getAdaptedClass(ComposedMethodsFactory.java:46) ~[ComposedMethodsFactory.class:?]
at openperipheral.interfaces.oc.providers.DriverOpenPeripheral.shouldProvide(DriverOpenPeripheral.java:37) ~[DriverOpenPeripheral.class:?]
at openperipheral.interfaces.oc.providers.DriverOpenPeripheral.worksWith(DriverOpenPeripheral.java:28) ~[DriverOpenPeripheral.class:?]
at li.cil.oc.server.driver.Registry$$anonfun$2.apply(Registry.scala:70) ~[Registry$$anonfun$2.class:?]
at li.cil.oc.server.driver.Registry$$anonfun$2.apply(Registry.scala:70) ~[Registry$$anonfun$2.class:?]
at scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$filterImpl$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:259) ~[scala-library-2.11.1.jar:?]
at scala.collection.mutable.ResizableArray$class.foreach(ResizableArray.scala:59) ~[scala-library-2.11.1.jar:?]
at scala.collection.mutable.ArrayBuffer.foreach(ArrayBuffer.scala:48) ~[scala-library-2.11.1.jar:?]
at scala.collection.TraversableLike$class.filterImpl(TraversableLike.scala:258) ~[scala-library-2.11.1.jar:?]
at scala.collection.TraversableLike$class.filter(TraversableLike.scala:270) ~[scala-library-2.11.1.jar:?]
at scala.collection.AbstractTraversable.filter(Traversable.scala:104) ~[scala-library-2.11.1.jar:?]
at li.cil.oc.server.driver.Registry$.driverFor(Registry.scala:70) ~[Registry$.class:?]
at li.cil.oc.api.Driver.driverFor(Driver.java:96) ~[Driver.class:?]
at li.cil.oc.common.tileentity.Adapter.neighborChanged(Adapter.scala:58) ~[Adapter.class:?]
at li.cil.oc.common.block.Adapter.onNeighborChange(Adapter.scala:42) ~[Adapter.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147453_f(World.java:3875) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147455_a(World.java:2603) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150806_e(Chunk.java:851) ~[apx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150807_a(Chunk.java:660) ~[apx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147465_d(World.java:451) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.item.ItemBlock.placeBlockAt(ItemBlock.java:206) ~[abh.class:?]
at net.minecraft.item.ItemBlock.func_77648_a(ItemBlock.java:103) ~[abh.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.onPlaceItemIntoWorld(ForgeHooks.java:505) ~[ForgeHooks.class:?]
at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77943_a(ItemStack.java:128) ~[add.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.management.ItemInWorldManager.func_73078_a(ItemInWorldManager.java:389) ~[mx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147346_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:556) ~[nh.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.func_148833_a(SourceFile:60) ~[jo.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.func_148833_a(SourceFile:9) ~[jo.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212) ~[ej.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165) [nc.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334) [lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]`

Last edited:

Yazzari

Jul 29, 2019
Well, mostly the only reason I have the Curse launcher on my desktop is because I wanted to install Agrarian Skies 2. If it wasn't for that the only thing I would have had would have been the Curse account I use over on Curse when I need to discuss some Minecraft issue. Lately that hasn't been necessary because I've been heavily into the modded side of things. I have been active over in the modded community there, posting on occasion about bugs I've found, or issues I've been having.

If I built a modpack I'd probably be too busy asking other people for help fixing it so it worked to actually play it. So I prefer pre-built modpacks. If you have issues with that, and the way I view things, please, do everyone a favor and take further rants like yours above to PM. I'll be happy to respond, or maybe ignore you, if I feel you're too overbearing, hopefully you aren't that kind of person though.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
hmm follow your own advice then and quit ranting at Caigan. Constructive criticism works better than calling him a liar.

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
o/ i just found a weird issue when you connect a Draconic Reactor Stabilizer to a Open computers Adapter you get a internal server error and get kicked from the server it works just fine in single player

`[02:23:37] [Server thread/WARN]: Failed to handle packet for /127.0.0.1:54831
someone forgot spoiler tags when posting the bug (or was it code tags )