[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

TGzStealth

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, I need your help..
I'm running a 4x ore 'doubling' (don't know the word :X) setup using Mekanism and I keep running out of oxygen. I have 3 electric separators running on full energy and speed upgrades. I have 6 water wheels (172 RF/t), 8 magmatic dynamos (640 RF/t), 5 advanced solar generators (1200RF/t) and 2 normal solar generators (80RF/t) running and I'm sleeping through all the nights. This means that a total amount of 2092 RF is being generated per tick. But still all 3 of my electric separators keep running out of power.
I'm using tier 2 Ender IO (Thanks for the tip guys, great mod! ;) ) energy conduits which can transfer up to about 5120 (?) RF/t so that is not the problem. And I don't know what is!

Made an entire setup for brine just to get a problem with the Injection Chamber...? :(
Any ideas?

TheReduxPL

Jun 8, 2013
Guys, I need your help..
I'm running a 4x ore 'doubling' (don't know the word :X) setup using Mekanism and I keep running out of oxygen. I have 3 electric separators running on full energy and speed upgrades. I have 6 water wheels (172 RF/t), 8 magmatic dynamos (640 RF/t), 5 advanced solar generators (1200RF/t) and 2 normal solar generators (80RF/t) running and I'm sleeping through all the nights. This means that a total amount of 2092 RF is being generated per tick. But still all 3 of my electric separators keep running out of power.
I'm using tier 2 Ender IO (Thanks for the tip guys, great mod! ;) ) energy conduits which can transfer up to about 5120 (?) RF/t so that is not the problem. And I don't know what is!

Made an entire setup for brine just to get a problem with the Injection Chamber...? :(
Any ideas?
The word you're looking for is "processing" :)
You can also apply the gas upgrade for your machines (not the separators) to reduce the usage of oxygen.

TGzStealth

Jul 29, 2019
The word you're looking for is "processing" :)
You can also apply the gas upgrade for your machines (not the separators) to reduce the usage of oxygen.
Oh thats nice! Will try that tomorrow! But will the difference be enough to actually keep my Chemical Injection Chamber running at full speed do you think?
Thanks so far! :D

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I have 3 electric separators running on full energy and speed upgrades.
u are trying to pull over 65k rf/t from a system that can only support a max of 5120 ,one seperator eats over 20k rf/t almost fully speed upgraded . then theres the fact u are only getting an input of 2k rf/t

u literally expanded processing infrastructure way faster then the energy infrastructure u needed to have for that amount of processing infrastructure to work even semi properly.(to clarify the problem is the separators not the other machines)

yes gas upgrades are good, fully upgraded with gas upgrades = .10 of original amount of gas used (oxygen or hydrogen chloride) by ore processing machines

Last edited:

AuricPolaris

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed that whenever I'm holding any item from Ferret Shinies, my player model in inventory menu is left with only a torso and a head. But things got more interesting after switching to the third person mode! Nothing game-breaking, but interesting nonetheless :)
Also I noticed that right after joining some multiplayer servers, there's like 10-15 seconds of lag. What's worse is that everything can attack me during that time. It really sucks, especially when fighting with hordes of mobs and then you're disconnected (client/server crash, server restart, my connection being unstable etc.) - when you relog, you're basically dead.

That 10-15 seconds of lag is the server sending you all the Minetweaker data that the server runs. It may be the same as your client but it needs to send it all to ensure your client has all the same settings as the server. Check the scripts folder on your client and you can see why it takes a little bit. :D

Reactions: TheReduxPL

TheReduxPL

Jun 8, 2013
That 10-15 seconds of lag is the server sending you all the Minetweaker data that the server runs. It may be the same as your client but it needs to send it all to ensure your client has all the same settings as the server. Check the scripts folder on your client and you can see why it takes a little bit. :D
Thanks, that would explain it but as you said, why should the server send it if it may be the same as the client's? Why not just compare checksums or something to make it quicker? :D

TGzStealth

Jul 29, 2019
u are trying to pull over 65k rf/t from a system that can only support a max of 5120 ,one seperator eats over 20k rf/t almost fully speed upgraded . then theres the fact u are only getting an input of 2k rf/t
Oh wow, that is an insane amount of power required! :O
Does any of you know a better power source than the ones I already have setup? I'd also like to be running a quarry at high speed.
Thanks! :)

TheReduxPL

Jun 8, 2013
Does any of you know a better power source than the ones I already have setup? I'd also like to be running a quarry at high speed.
Thanks! :)
You can try fully upgrading your magmatic dynamos - a fully upgraded one produces 640 RF/t so if you upgraded eight of them, you'd have 5120 RF/t. At this point you might want to upgrade your conduits to ender ones too.

Reactions: An0nymuS

TGzStealth

Jul 29, 2019
You can try fully upgrading your magmatic dynamos - a fully upgraded one produces 640 RF/t so if you upgraded eight of them, you'd have 5120 RF/t. At this point you might want to upgrade your conduits to ender ones too.
Uhm, upgrade them? How would I do this? NEI doesn't help me..

H

HM BigBurt

Hi im new to this pack, looks excellent. Am i bring a derp or is there no market to trade or get trade exp from ? and plz take you're time editing the pack as i have tested a few BETA`s and they started good and at the end of testing they just got rushed through thus ruining the pack.happy modding

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Hmm, looks good. But there is no way I can actually see them working, right?
Thanks so far! ^^

They'll reach their maximum efficiency only when needed. Try charging up a redstone/resonant energy cell, or maybe plug a quarry into it :)

there are 3 augment types for dynamos : power , efficiency , special
there are 3 tiers of the first 2 categories each requiring the previous tier augment to work .

power augments increase the power a dynamo generates by in order 2x, 4x, 8x of base , however this does come with a direct cost of doing so (besides material used in crafting) u take a loss to fuel efficiency with ever power augment (keep in mind the same augment wont stack with its self or even work in the same dynamo )do note more power production does use proportional more fuel and the loss to fuel efficiency they cause makes each bit of fuel last a shorter time

what the efficiency augments do is rather simple(it has 3 tiers as stated earlier) , simply put each bit of fuel lasts longer this is slightly more then fuel efficiency penalty the power upgrade of the same tier does

special augments have a function that is not tied to how much the dymanoe can produce or directly how efficient it is with its fuel , the reason i say directly efficient is because the redstone circuitry augment is what lets shut down dynamos automatically with redstone , another one is called exition field limiter(its basically advanced internal throtling to the point the dynamoe can slow/stop energy production even if the current demand is less then the normal 10% minium , 0% demand cuases exactly what you would expect )
so if u want to maximize the power production from it u need to put all 3 of the power upgrades inside the augmentation tab of the dynamo .
ONLY the highest tier of the power augments (inside the augmentation tab)will have its effects present , same thing happens to efficiency augments

Reactions: An0nymuS
D

DanLeo427

So I can't fly with any flying creature in morph. Not a bat/gast/bird anything. Am I missing something in the settings or was this disabled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Skybear

Hey so I'm new to the pack and I'm absolutely loving it but I'm having some problems. I have a bunch of the contracts and I can't figure out how to fill them. For example I have the minor metals contract and I put the nuggets and the contract in the mega packager in item stacks. Nothing. Then I spread them out and nothing. Then I tried both methods in a crafting table and still nothing. Then I retried all four methods with a shipping crate as well and still nothing. I looked around the forum and nothing really helped.

I'm sure I'm just missing something really obvious here but is some could walk me through it or show me some screenshots of how to fill contracts and the mega packager I would be super thankful.

Narkah

Jul 29, 2019
Skybear, have you put in every metal at once, with every metal spread out taking up a slot per item?