[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Th3Ch053n0n3

Jul 29, 2019
You keep saying that your coder is busy in various posts. Could you ask him/her if they'd be adverse to adding a second coder to the team? I have some experience with Java, and I'd love to learn how to mod minecraft.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
All of it. Still not working correctly.
What? That is a no-no. I believe that Caigan recommends 2-3GB for this pack, but I'd recommend 4GB
I'd like to add that while allocating too little RAM will make the game run slow, so will allocating too much. Absolutely do not allocate all your RAM to minecraft. The general rule is start at what the pack recommends or 2G and if that's not enough, bring it up a bit until it runs well.

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to add that while allocating too little RAM will make the game run slow, so will allocating too much. Absolutely do not allocate all your RAM to minecraft. The general rule is start at what the pack recommends or 2G and if that's not enough, bring it up a bit until it runs well.
Yeah but I've never seen 2 gigabytes work well, with any combination of chunk loaders and/or JourneyMap running, without some massive settings drop.

TGzStealth

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Caigan, first of all, I love the modpack you created, great job!
Now I do have a problem. I tried switching languages from US to UK and the game crashed. "Well nothing to worry about" I thought, but then I tried relaunching the pack and it crashed when loding the mods. I took a quick look at the error message and it seemed like VeinMiner was causing the issue, disabled it and I got into my world again. That is one of the things I'm writing about, but the other thing is I have a Mekanism Advanced Solar Generator attached to a Leadstone Fluxduct, but every time I load the world I need to break the Fluxduct and reconnect it again. (See image)

Anything you can do about this?
Thanks in advance! :)

Attachments

• 2016-05-01_12.39.53.png
    2016-05-01_12.39.53.png
    862.5 KB · Views: 43

TGzStealth

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Caigan, first of all, I love the modpack you created, great job!
Now I do have a problem. I tried switching languages from US to UK and the game crashed. "Well nothing to worry about" I thought, but then I tried relaunching the pack and it crashed when loding the mods. I took a quick look at the error message and it seemed like VeinMiner was causing the issue, disabled it and I got into my world again. That is one of the things I'm writing about, but the other thing is I have a Mekanism Advanced Solar Generator attached to a Leadstone Fluxduct, but every time I load the world I need to break the Fluxduct and reconnect it again. (See image)

Anything you can do about this?
Thanks in advance! :)

Note: When I try to reattach the Fluxduct to the solar panel with a crescent hammer and clicking on the correct side it connects, but no power will go trough!

Edit: Found something else :/ (see image)
Flux ducts still connect trough covers. And as you can see, it even gets power trough the cover. This is a regular cover made with a StructuralDuct and Stone Bricks.
The same problem goes for item ducts :(

Attachments

• 2016-05-01_12.59.45.png
    2016-05-01_12.59.45.png
    1 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:

TGzStealth

Jul 29, 2019
Don't use ducts. Use conduits and/or pipes

So you're saying I shouldn't use something because some functions are broken? :/
I'd like to get into Ender IO but I only have 2 ender pearls, planning to set up auto-spawner with enderman and a grinder but I need a bit of ender pearls to set that up..

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
I have a Mekanism Advanced Solar Generator attached to a Leadstone Fluxduct, but every time I load the world I need to break the Fluxduct and reconnect it again. (See image)

Try connecting a leadstone energy cell directly to the solar panel and connect the duct to it instead. Might be a temporary solution if it works.

TGzStealth

Jul 29, 2019
Try connecting a leadstone energy cell directly to the solar panel and connect the duct to it instead. Might be a temporary solution if it works.
Works somewhat, but I made more solar generators and because they are so require a 2x2 area to be placed in I would need to make a Leadstone Energy Cell for every Solar Panel :/

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
My silly question is, what are you guys using for chunk loading. I want to keep the chunks loaded around my homestead for crops and such. Any help would be amazing.

In this pack, the choices are the MFR Chunk Loader, the Dimensional Anchor, or the OpenComputers chunkloader upgrade.

I was thinking of loading ChickenChunk's Mod pack into here to just get the chunk loader, but there has to be a reason that Caigan left it out, perhaps because of the fact that it is a low cost recipe that requires no power.
The zero cost to use is one reason, the other is one of the chunkloaders known to be problematic with world corruption issues.

any reason why i cant turn in Laudanum for the Ancient Yet Not quest?
Known issue atm, an update to Roguelike Dungeons changed something slightly.

What is causing this?
That's odd. How much RAM do you have allocated, and are you using the latest version of Java? As well, have you disabled the Snooper setting in the options menu?

For RAM, I suggest 3 to 4.5 gigs MAXIMUM for any modpack, not just my own.

Could you ask him/her if they'd be adverse to adding a second coder to the team?
Actually have one or two people possibly interested in it right now. I'm mostly keeping it to folks who I personally know their coding skills myself, I might branch out later, but I'm not going to look outward for a month or two at least.

"Well nothing to worry about" I thought, but then I tried relaunching the pack and it crashed when loding the mods. I took a quick look at the error message and it seemed like VeinMiner was causing the issue
If you could get me a pastebin of that specific crash, it would be helpful.

I have a Mekanism Advanced Solar Generator attached to a Leadstone Fluxduct, but every time I load the world I need to break the Fluxduct and reconnect it again. (See image)
Hm, might be an issue that an update to one of the two mods fixes, I'll look into it.

Flux ducts still connect trough covers.
They are supposed to initially. If you want a duct to not connect to another one, right click the center area between them with a Crescent Hammer or other wrench.

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
Works somewhat, but I made more solar generators and because they are so require a 2x2 area to be placed in I would need to make a Leadstone Energy Cell for every Solar Panel :/

Yeah it's nothing more than a temporary solution. I would also recommend switching to EIO conduits asap, as RealKC suggests. You don't need ender pearls for the lower tier energy conduits, and you don't really need the high tier ones until late game anyways.

TGzStealth

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it's nothing more than a temporary solution. I would also recommend switching to EIO conduits asap, as RealKC suggests. You don't need ender pearls for the lower tier energy conduits, and you don't really need the high tier ones until late game anyways.
You might be laughing now, but isn't Ender IO quite hard to learn?
I'm used to Thermal Expansion now, working with Mekanism and MFR are my main priorities.

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
You might be laughing now, but isn't Ender IO quite hard to learn?
I'm used to Thermal Expansion now, working with Mekanism and MFR are my main priorities.

Not laughing :). The conduits are more simple than Thermal Dynamics I would say, while also being more convenient to use (and probably cheaper?). It ultimately comes down to flavour what you like (EIO conduits are more of a no-brainer than TDyn), but I would recommend trying them out. There's also AE and mekanism gas type of conduits that are extremely convenient in some cases if you need to save space, as well as redstone signal conduits. It's always good to know about different types of pipes when you encounter issues like the one you have now (even though Caigan might fix it for the next update).

The mod itself, apart from conduits, share many similarities with TE, but also have more complex aspects apart from simple machinery which can take some time to explore. But the conduits are very simple. The EIO questline is very good when you want to dig deeper.

TGzStealth

Jul 29, 2019
Not laughing :). The conduits are more simple than Thermal Dynamics I would say, while also being more convenient to use (and probably cheaper?). It ultimately comes down to flavour what you like (EIO conduits are more of a no-brainer than TDyn), but I would recommend trying them out. There's also AE and mekanism gas type of conduits that are extremely convenient in some cases if you need to save space, as well as redstone signal conduits. It's always good to know about different types of pipes when you encounter issues like the one you have now (even though Caigan might fix it for the next update).

The mod itself, apart from conduits, share many similarities with TE, but also have more complex aspects apart from simple machinery which can take some time to explore. But the conduits are very simple. The EIO questline is very good when you want to dig deeper.

I'll start with the quest line right now, thank you! I think the community 'needs' more friendly people like you ^^

Reactions: Mlukvai

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
The complex parts of Ender IO involve using heads, which are materials in the Slice'N'Splice machine, as well as requiring ender pearl alloyed iron ingots, broken down to nuggets, then crafted around diamond or emeralds. The basic ore processing machines are awesome, making powered spawners requires a bit of the fancy crystals and alloys and head stuff, but are powerful too. Conduits and such are simple to make, need clay sand and gravel for the binder composite, and usually iron-redstone alloy (conductive iron) for the basic power cable. 640 rf/t for small investment, and you can get the SAG mill and alloy smeltery for free/cheap in the book..if you know how