[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah....but how??
I cant stack anything....i have now a crate with 1 % Material....and a Crate with 50 % Magic....in the last one are Potions.....how can i add more Potions ore some other Magic stuff in it?
Shift dont show me anything ...all what i can see then what isnt normal there is: Matter: None
Have tried the Potions all togheter in the Grid....nothing....have tried the Crate with one Potion....nothing....the Crate with all Potions....nothing...
The same with the Materials...

Sorry but this system is very confusing...the old was better.... it isnt Beginnerfriendly... :(
I can only make Crates when i have Items that give me exact 1000 / 2000 and so on FMC...

And also...the Text on the Crates says i can combine lower Crates (1000er or so) with other to get an higher....that wont work too....have 2 1000er Crates....when i put these in a grid....nothing...
Its frustrating :/
It would seem the current idea is to ignore the lower than 1000 crates till the modpack maker gets back from surgery, since he only just put out the new system and it's likely to be buggy as a result. Probably the easiest thing for you to do would be to just make 1k crates and turn in those, till things are addressed.

Darianna

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah....but i want these Stone Chits....and i cant get these before 5k crates or so....so i have tried my 2 1k crates to combine....but that wont work too...

I will try further.... :/

The Idea that nerly all has a worth and can be crates /tradet is great...really...love it..
But....it seems im to stupid to understand this system

Maybe i cant put different materials /potions in one crate....dont know..

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah....but i want these Stone Chits....and i cant get these before 5k crates or so....so i have tried my 2 1k crates to combine....but that wont work too...

The Idea that nerly all has a worth and can be crates /tradet is great...really...love it..

No worries, I don't get it in it's current form either. Tbh, I've just been using a transfer node with world interaction and speed upgrades for cobble gen, then piping that into a set of compacting drawers till it hits quintuple compressed cobble, then putting that into crates and combining as needed.
Which brings up a question actually. Have you been combining crates of the same type, or different types?

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Bah. Anyone else having problems with the Gem cutter/refiner in FluxedCrystals2 "jamming"? Input is full, but by golly that arrow is all the way to the right..and it's not actually working.

This is making my automation impossible. It seems semi-random, using all 3 speed upgrades, though. Not sure if that causes it or not.

edit: ok it's happened in both the cutter and refiner..but so far, only for Redstone shards in both. How odd.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
My apologies for not being responsive till today. Doctor visits and testing are slowly ramping up as we get closer to my big surgery day, and I usually hermit up afterwards due to anxiety stuff. As always, I'm more likely to respond in Discord during the day, as I do these large reply posts every once in a while.

This really took awhile? 689302 * 0.001 /60 = 11min 49sec? And then is was starting a second pass. LoL
[13:34:07] [pool-2-thread-1/INFO] [Matter Overdrive]: Matter Recipe Calculation for pass 1 complete. Took 689302 milliseconds. Registered 2452 recipes
[13:34:07] [pool-2-thread-1/INFO] [Matter Overdrive]: Matter Recipe Calculation Started for 69336 recipes at pass 2, with 2653 matter entries
This tends to happen when recipes change, and is done in the background. Never seen it cause lag on its own.

Hope I am doing the spoiler properly...
This sounds like a corrupted chunk causing the issues.

Also, can I get the discord link?
Discord link is now in my forum signature =)

@DeathOfTime Journeymap is a giant resource hog, please do try disabling it.
This definitely. Journeymap is great but its one thing I suggest to folks to disable with performance issues.

am now happily playing on my old world, with none of the old issues I had, so I think my NBT was messed up for some reason.
Hm, sounds like a combination of corrupted chunk/broken item placed in world, plus broken item in inventory. Glad you got it sorted out though.

Blind bags for the removed mods from .12 still in pack.
These are still listed in NEI but do not drop. I don't remove them so that the MetaID's don't shift. They'll be replaced with actual used bags later on.

The other issues you lsited I've already fixed on my end for the next update. =)

well, suffice to say, I ran out of space and I think it was causing the issue.
Oop, we just hit this issue on a private server on another modpack my friends play. Ran out of space due to backups, world wasn't saving things right.

If I have 5x Material Supply Crates (10 FMC each) shouldn't I be able to combine 5 of them into a 50 FMC one?? Or am I just thinking this through wrong?
You should, but the recipes got oddly messed up for some earlier tiers. I'll be reworking the earlier combinations and the system a bit as a whole.

Hmmm, ok I have a really REALLY big pet peeve right now. 5x 1k crates CANNOT be crafted into 5k crates. This means i need to gather up both a 4k and a 1k crate, in order to craft it, resulting IN TERRIBLY COMPLICATED AUTOCRAFTING SYSTEMS. I also don't believe that 5 10k crates can craft a single 50k crate, another (less annoying) pet peeve.
Going to be changing this around so you can do this.

Please explain me this system for dummies
I need to create a contract guide book like I had early on for the first contract system. Sorry. =(

I think it was never added to tinkers tools configs but the tools are ok in the nei.
Yeah, the liquids were added to the system, but you can't output them into casts most of the time. I need to add minetweaker configs to change this around.

Normally to get those TiCon parts, you take the ingots to the part builder like you would cobblestone/wood etc parts.

No, its not that, I think I made the system a bit too confusing as it stands, especially without some sort of guide book, which is my fault.

edit: ok it's happened in both the cutter and refiner..but so far, only for Redstone shards in both. How odd.
That's odd. Not encountered that yet.

M

Miskwaa

I think you misquoted me, I was referring to Trisscar's issue with glass.

As for your issue, you're not the only one with this problem, and there isn't a solution yet afaik. Simply avoid using tritanium with the smeltery completely. You can output any fluid tritanium in a tank/drum and save it for the next update, if a fix is provided with that.

Tritanium make shitty tools anyway ;). You're better off with bronze early on, and it's easy to make.

Yeah I did misunderstand but yeah that clears it up it was just not me lol.

Orma

Jul 29, 2019

You can only combine crates of the same types, like material with material, potion with potion, magic with magic etc etc.
So most people focus on 1 type of item to fill crates with, some do cobble gens and such. I got a big xp farm and make enchanted books and magic wood :)

Reactions: Markhor

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
You can only combine crates of the same types, like material with material, potion with potion, magic with magic etc etc.
So most people focus on 1 type of item to fill crates with, some do cobble gens and such. I got a big xp farm and make enchanted books and magic wood :)
Magic Wood..never thought about that!
I might make a massive cobble gen farm of sorts and do octuples here. I'll be doing octuple compressed cobblestone for bedrockium, at least...

my advice? use more than one cobble gen instance. one will not make an octuple, even over several days' time.

A

Aryssax

Okay, mine and @CakeMan_MC's problems are both fixed and we're back again playing.
Only problem is that every so often he times out (about 4 times in 1 hour) and we went to the nether, which he is now stuck in as every time he logs on he times out...
Any fixes? :3

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
my advice? use more than one cobble gen instance. one will not make an octuple, even over several days' time.
i heard it depends how much cobblestone it(the build) makes per time , ive also heard that transfernodes doing the harvesting are much much more powerful then they originally seem(basicaly what u think the flow limit is , is not what the mods code says it is )

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
i heard it depends how much cobblestone it(the build) makes per time , ive also heard that transfernodes doing the harvesting are much much more powerful then they originally seem(basicaly what u think the flow limit is , is not what the mods code says it is )
Every transfer node I use has 64 world interaction upgrades, a stack upgrade, and 64 speed upgrades, in addition to being absolutely adjacent to the target inventory. fastest my mind can process. I don't think anymore upgrades will assist. (stack upgrade actually moves the stack out, 64 world interactions generate 64 per time, hence the stack upgrade, not sure if speed upgrade mines faster or anything)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
64 world interaction upgrades, a stack upgrade, and 64 speed upgrades, in addition to being absolutely adjacent to the target inventory. fastest my mind can process. I don't think anymore upgrades will assist.

basicaly what u think the flow limit is , is not what the mods code says it is
and what really matters is what the code actually does in practice

K

KaityUK

Hi Caigan,

Thanks for all your hard work so far and the update.

Do you plan to do anything about the missing Tritanium (and Dilithium) bars & blocks recipes?

I can make Tritanium bars in the Alloy Smelter (not tried Dilithium), but before I discovered this I'd put all my Tritanium ore into a seared brick Smeltery, so now I have 21,000 units of it in a drum waiting :) lol

Thanks,

Kaity

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
This definitely. Journeymap is great but its one thing I suggest to folks to disable with performance issues.
It doesn't seem to make a major different to overall performance having it disabled. Of course I am pretty thorough about going through the options whenever needed to set it up exactly as I want. Has made a lot of the other vanilla and mod items in the game look much more usable with no minimap mod active. Have only really used a waypoint compass to navigate the nether and vanilla compass for the overworld so far. I have thought of using some maps or something just haven't really seen a need to. I know there are really good map options available in the pack though.

I do keep a rftools porter on me in case I get lost. I have been looking for a item like this in packs for a long time. This is the best one I have found so far. It is even available in most the packs I have played.

I gave up on figuring out what the issue was. It is most likely that most my computer parts date back to 2012 at the closest.

I did find that the assembly halo and ME crafting terminal are the best options for crafting. I have the terminal hooked into a drawer system. I never really liked the drives much, so decided not to bother with them this time. The halo loads fairly fast of the 3*3 grid options. The terminal is as slow if not slower to access then the production table. Its has access to a large array of materials though, making it a optimal choice when lots of crafting is needed.

I have been having fun with this pack. I even finally figured out a better method for getting safari nets out of the auto spawner. When the spawner is turned on it pulls the safari net out of a 1*1 drawer. When it is turned off it deposits the net back in the drawer. Used ender Io conduits for it.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I do keep a rftools porter on me in case I get lost. I have been looking for a item like this in packs for a long time. This is the best one I have found so far. It is even available in most the packs I have played.
i just used a warp book for earlier game(this pack ) with a page bound to "home" in it, all it cost to use from anywhere was a bit of hunger no footprint either when i got into later game i jumped upto using a Enhanced charm of dislocation (its lovely for setting jump pts with no materials needed )

indeed manipulating an autospawner with ender io is lovely

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Every transfer node I use has 64 world interaction upgrades, a stack upgrade, and 64 speed upgrades, in addition to being absolutely adjacent to the target inventory. fastest my mind can process. I don't think anymore upgrades will assist. (stack upgrade actually moves the stack out, 64 world interactions generate 64 per time, hence the stack upgrade, not sure if speed upgrade mines faster or anything)
I remember seeing a small video once where someone had set up five cobble gens with transfer nodes, with the variation of having one stack of world interaction and four stacks of speed, to four of world and one of speed, all hooked up to deep storage and left to run for what was obviously a while.
The one with one stack of world did the best by far, I assume because the node only has one slot that can't go above a stack, and more speed means, of course, more speed. Not sure what the stack upgrade would do here, but seems like you really only need one stack of world, and throw in as much speed as you can fit.

C

Cookie Dragon

Hey i am loving the mod pack, but one quick question, do you think you will be adding the other mods ores to dense ores? like copper, tin, ect its easyly changed in the config files, i always found dense ores incomplete in mod packs because it only included the vanilla ores

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I remember seeing a small video once where someone had set up five cobble gens with transfer nodes, with the variation of having one stack of world interaction and four stacks of speed, to four of world and one of speed, all hooked up to deep storage and left to run for what was obviously a while.
The one with one stack of world did the best by far, I assume because the node only has one slot that can't go above a stack, and more speed means, of course, more speed. Not sure what the stack upgrade would do here, but seems like you really only need one stack of world, and throw in as much speed as you can fit.
World interaction is kinda like a vacuum hopper except it acts differently in certain condition. Stack upgrade moves one stack at a time. speed upgrade moves through the pipe search pattern faster. The mod has a scanner that will show the speed upgrade in action on the pipe searches.

The biggest issue for me is the world interaction upgrades sucking up any dropped items within a good radius of it. That is usually my issue with the vacuum and magnet properties in mods though. They are good for what they do. Yet I forget they are their and the gladly pick up my drops when I least want it.

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
World interaction is kinda like a vacuum hopper except it acts differently in certain condition. Stack upgrade moves one stack at a time. speed upgrade moves through the pipe search pattern faster. The mod has a scanner that will show the speed upgrade in action on the pipe searches.

The biggest issue for me is the world interaction upgrades sucking up any dropped items within a good radius of it. That is usually my issue with the vacuum and magnet properties in mods though. They are good for what they do. Yet I forget they are their and the gladly pick up my drops when I least want it.
I've mysteriously had it pick up dead zombie/skeleton loot, simply because I did not seal off the nearby area..yeah it's a slight pain.