[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

S

Stenkk4

Hey, Caigan, two questions, does this modpack is based on some sort of webcomic, at least the art style and/or some name in it? And will you make a light version of this modpack, because i want to play it, but it is too heavy for my PC, there are some world loading problems with my computer, already happened to me once, with the modpack blast off, when i was using the my fit with the shell mod, seems like some sort of memory exceed (need to upgrade my computer).
Get more RAM and you should be okay. I have Win 10 with 8gb of RAM, and I have now ran out of RAM a couple of times... These modpacks really chew up a lot of RAM to run correctly...

I

illihor

Any idea from which mob I can get the "Tinged Leaf"? Have killed a plethora of the project zulu tree ents and the witchery ents with no luck, also tried the Doom Bloom walking rose bush thing, no luck. Am I missing a mob somewhere as those are the only plant type mobs i have come accross.

D

DanLeo427

Get more RAM and you should be okay. I have Win 10 with 8gb of RAM, and I have now ran out of RAM a couple of times... These modpacks really chew up a lot of RAM to run correctly...

I run it on 2.25GB of ram allocated and I have 4GB in my pc. Except for a quick dip every now and then when the game autosaves/backups it runs smooth and awesome. I have dropped my viewed chunks to 8 and set my graphics to low though, but it works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
I run it on 2.25GB of ram allocated and I have 4GB in my pc. Except for a quick dip every now and then when the game autosaves/backups it runs smooth and awesome. I have dropped my viewed chunks to 8 and set my graphics to low though, but it works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adding onto this, Optifine MIGHT help.

Luminary

Jul 29, 2019
Huzzah! I'm back to playing this pack. I've conned a few friends into joining too.

We'll see how it goes. Never ran a server or played any modded multiplayer before.

Alas, I erred on the side of being safe and not knowing how much I could mess with configs, server-side. So my own private version where I stole changes from the next version did not go in. Gold is absurdly rare and precious. But nothing new worth reporting on my side. Just alligator crashes and so on. All stuff that is known. Most things seem fine!

Does anyone know if Buildcraft ocean oil spouts generate with this terrain mod? Or if the I've seen them rarely on land, but thusfar hunting has not revealed any. Might just be unlucky with the plans for an oil rig.

S

Stenkk4

Minefactory Series C1-C2, and MFR - Master Good and Amazing bags have so far caused crashing the moment I've opened them... Cannot remember if other bags have caused it...

K

Kujo

I keep getting an error when trying to launch my server. It gets through most of the loading, and then says "Failed to send analytics event data. Result of attempt: ok"

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
'Ello, love the theme of this pack, been a while since I've seen a kitchen-sink that used HQM to any degree, much less with so much story.
However, this is being spammed into my console every couple of minutes, and when it appears the entire MC program starts to "Not Respond" for a good while, while the rest of the time it runs above 40fps. I can honestly say that I have no clue what it's complaining about. XD
This being with very nearly the lowest possible settings, on a 6gb, Win7, 64bit, Java 8.71 laptop through FTB, with 3.0 gigs of allocated. I haven't added or removed anything, though I have gone through and lowered JourneyMap's settings to a much less intensive level than default. I've played enough modpacks through FTB, Curse, and the Technic launcher that I'm pretty certain this isn't common to the game.
[21:53:20] [GA-DataSendThread/INFO] [STDERR]: [de.npe.gameanalytics.EventHandler$RESTHelper:sendData:209]: Failed to send analytics event data. Result of attempt: ok | Authentication hash used: 69baa64cd6c393556459f843788f8f0c | Data sent: [{"install_publisher":"1.8.0_71-b15","install_site":"en_US","install_campaign":"6.1","install_adgroup":"amd64","install_ad":"Windows 7","install_keyword":"client","user_id":"client8bdac58c-005f-4d5f-b864-c9094f96ee1d","session_id":"1458079105245","build":"unspec

Last edited:

Luminary

Jul 29, 2019
@Trisscar
That one was annoying the heck out of me too!
But it's harmless, I think. And prooooobably isn't the cause of your lag. (Though I guess you never know). Supposedly Aura Cascade has something set up wrong with its telemetry. You can turn off the snooper in your options menu, if you're in single player, or in the server settings on a server, and that'll stop happening. There may be a config option to turn it off in Aura Cascade too. I'm not at home to check.

B

BananaMonk

Hm, what graphics card are you using? I think this is a crash related to integrated graphics, but it might be something else. Try disabling the Forge Loading Screen :

In the /config/ folder for the modpack, there should be a splash.properties file. Open it, and set "enabled" to false and try launching again.

*Facepalm* I thought I had already disabled that... I guess I forgot to press save... Thanks for the help!

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone please explain to me why this modpack's taking over an hour to load up (get to the title-screen)?

Edit: this time it took ~10 minutes. I forcefully closed it (task manager, end task) and re-opened it and it didn't get stuck this time.

Also, I see on the title screen that thaumcraft quests are finally added, good to hear!

Time to create the Ferret Business Outpost Gamma!

Edit 2: The world's not loading. The game locks up while loading the world.

Edit 3: Aaaand it crashed...

Last edited:

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone please explain to me why this modpack's taking over an hour to load up (get to the title-screen)?

Edit: this time it took ~10 minutes. I forcefully closed it (task manager, end task) and re-opened it and it didn't get stuck this time.

Also, I see on the title screen that thaumcraft quests are finally added, good to hear!

Time to create the Ferret Business Outpost Gamma!

Edit 2: The world's not loading. The game locks up while loading the world.

Edit 3: Aaaand it crashed...

And now I can't edit that comment due to lag caused by my attempt at adding in the log from the launcher... apparently it's too long to put in a spoilers thing and it's so long that I can't select enough of it to make a difference (deleting) before the editor starts to freeze up.

TL;DR: Loading times are so long that MC crashes.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
@Trisscar
That one was annoying the heck out of me too!
But it's harmless, I think. And prooooobably isn't the cause of your lag. (Though I guess you never know). Supposedly Aura Cascade has something set up wrong with its telemetry. You can turn off the snooper in your options menu, if you're in single player, or in the server settings on a server, and that'll stop happening. There may be a config option to turn it off in Aura Cascade too. I'm not at home to check.
Huh. Ok, I'll go test that in a bit, then edit this with the result. Thanks. :)
Edit: Turning off the snooper helped immensely. I'd also suggest turning off AromaBackup if others still have issues with lag, as it tends to initiate it whenever it updates, and can have memory leaks. This will mean that if you are afraid of losing your world that you should back it up manually though.

And now I can't edit that comment due to lag caused by my attempt at adding in the log from the launcher... apparently it's too long to put in a spoilers thing and it's so long that I can't select enough of it to make a difference (deleting) before the editor starts to freeze up.

TL;DR: Loading times are so long that MC crashes.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?
Try throwing it into pastebin and posting the link here? Should have a lot less formatting to do, might get past the lag.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pudding01

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. Ok, I'll go test that in a bit, then edit this with the result. Thanks. :)

Try throwing it into pastebin and posting the link here? Should have a lot less formatting to do, might get past the lag.
If this last attempt doesn't work I'll try just that.
Pastebin won't let me do it. Apparetly it's to big...

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if Buildcraft ocean oil spouts generate with this terrain mod? Or if the I've seen them rarely on land, but thusfar hunting has not revealed any. Might just be unlucky with the plans for an oil rig.
I think I've seen one, but its rare. I could be misremembering though.
Minefactory Series C1-C2, and MFR - Master Good and Amazing bags have so far caused crashing the moment I've opened them... Cannot remember if other bags have caused it...
Okay, noting these down to check later.
I keep getting an error when trying to launch my server. It gets through most of the loading, and then says "Failed to send analytics event data. Result of attempt: ok"
Yeah, Aura Cascade uses the analytic snooper and right now its having issues. in server.properties set snooper to false.

In single player, disable snooper in your options, or I think there's a new version of Aura Cascade that fixes this.

This usually means your java isn't up to date or using the latest, and you aren't allocating 3.5 to 4.5 gigs of memory to it.

Luminary

Jul 29, 2019
It can take a while, but yes:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-zDeN8o6SKOYUJISFRfTElaTGs/view?usp=sharing
There is another one deeper into the sea, behind me in that snap.
Awesome, thanks!

It just seemed odd, since usually the darned things are everywhere. And I almost never have any desire to use them.

Too bad about the lack. Otherwise this server I made has an absolutely fabulous and amazing spawn. The sort I kill for in singleplayer. Cool mountains and valleys and forests. A large 'lake' of an ocean, at the intersection of five of six rivers (So much water travel. I never would have expected that Botania Rings of Chordata would ever become the travel item de jour). Deserts and jungles and lowlands and highlands. Just a lack of oil, and one player that really wanted to build an oil rig!

Ended up just making them a spring for funzies, using tnt, floodgates and creative tanks of oil. Just so they wouldn't have to go out some ungodly number of blocks from everyone. We'll break him into the idea of tesseracts or whatever later.

Speaking of all that...

@Caigan
Just wanted to say, I'm really glad you switched to an alternate terrain gen. So thanks for that!

My first real multiplayer experience has made me really appreciate how much it improves things if you have a variety of really cool areas to build in and around. It just adds so much flair and character. Kudos!

One more reason why trying to attract some friends to play couldn't have been on any other pack!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE ON THE UPDATE

Okay, just wanting to keep folks informed. I'm 'hoping' to have the beta ready by the end of next week, but Real Life has taken precedence the last few days so I haven't gotten as much work done as I was hoping. Next week also will be a bit busier than usual for me, otherwise I'd be aiming for a Wednesday release of beta.

Part of the stall(aside from RL) is working out how certain things can be crated : Specifically, thaumcraft aspect vials and botania special flowers, but I've worked that out properly after fighting a little with NBT tag detection.

Nearly done cataloging the items I want for the first pass. Each update after this will add more and more shippable items. (Already, there are more items that you can ship than int he current Supply mechanic). I'll get some more examples up for folks tomorrow or Saturday.