[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
They also give you better uses for the creosote - water wheels are very impressive early game power.

I just started fiddling with that today.

AN0UbaE.jpg

Just doing it for looks though as I built mekanism wind turbines the first day on the server.

Reactions: Sungak and Lethosos
V

Vinsdor

Thanks for quick answers. So my only problem now is forestry backpacks. Nothing goes in it despite configs. any ideas?

Reactions: Jon_Marshall

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea when 0.1.3 will be out I'm loving the pack so far and am anxious for more quests
The plan is for the beta of 0.1.3 to be in about 1 to 2 weeks, then release at the end of the month. This is not a hard ETA, just a general plan.

How can I fix it?
Update your pack, Lycanites hasn't been in the pack for a few versions now.

By the way why no railcraft in modpack?
Because the predecessor to this pack, while private, had it as one of the main mods and I wanted something different. Nothing against Railcraft, I like it a lot. =)

Thanks for quick answers. So my only problem now is forestry backpacks. Nothing goes in it despite configs. any ideas?
Very odd, I'll have to look into it. They 'should' be working just fine.

Jon_Marshall

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I tracked down the issue with the Forestry backpacks.

Close out Minecraft, and go to /config/forestry/ and delete the backpacks.cfg file. When you load up again, forestry backpacks should work normally again.
Sweet thank you it's working for me now.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

V

Vinsdor

Okay, I tracked down the issue with the Forestry backpacks.

Close out Minecraft, and go to /config/forestry/ and delete the backpacks.cfg file. When you load up again, forestry backpacks should work normally again.
Yep thanks for help. Also I used line to turn on mob griefing, but creepers still dont cause destruction. Is there some specific mod configs dor that?
By the way thanks for realy great modpack.Never had immersive eng on server, do u plan to make questline for that or I miss it.This new way to explore mods is a very cool feature.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Yep thanks for help. Also I used line to turn on mob griefing, but creepers still dont cause destruction. Is there some specific mod configs dor that?
By the way thanks for realy great modpack.Never had immersive eng on server, do u plan to make questline for that or I miss it.This new way to explore mods is a very cool feature.
last i check by default for this pack its creepers are environmentally friendly but nothing else is mob wise (wither boss will break through blocks if they are not witherproof) this is done by a mod config not by vannila

why exactly do u want creeper holes in the floor ?

Last edited:
T

TheInfoGuru

First off, let me start by saying from what I have played, this is an amazing pack, so props to the maker. Unfortunately, I have had to stop playing it out of sheer frustration from this issue.

I don't know if it's been posted before, but I looked and couldn't find anything about it, but I have experienced a SERIOUS bug with the pack. I am running a server locally, and have done so for many other modpacks in the past. Everything loads up fine, I am using the newest version, both client and server. But EVERY time I have a power surge at my house, and it cuts of the server computer without the server shutting down correctly, the server will no longer load up. It will error out something different each time I fix something. The first time was with fluxed crystals, no problem I ended up just disabling it because the patch files did not fix the issue. The server then worked fine, until the next power outage. Then the HQM was throwing out errors, so I just deleted it, which ended up deleted all of my inventory, but ended up manually rebuilding myself to where I was when the power went out. Again, not that big of a problem. But on the 3rd power outage, it now has chunk loading issues, saying it expected one location but instead got another.

The craziest thing is that I have a script that backs up the world folder every two hours, but if I take a backed up world, and place it in a newly downloaded server, I will retain all of my inventory, but the world reverts back to what seems like a random time, usually erasing 20+ hours of work on the world. I have tried everything that I knew to do, but I just can't figure it out, so I am pasting the most current error that I can't get past as well as a previous error that had me confused.

Your modpack is amazing, and would be forever grateful if you could help me figure out what is going on so that I can continue to journey through the pack.

Attachments

• crash-2016-02-08_00.41.11-server.txt
    205.3 KB · Views: 53
  • crash-2016-03-11_15.10.40-server.txt
    29.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
R

RapidFire1477

when the pack launches i can make it to the 7th loading thing, but it wont go past it can anyone tell me why and how to fix it please??

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
First off, let me start by saying from what I have played, this is an amazing pack, so props to the maker. Unfortunately, I have had to stop playing it out of sheer frustration from this issue.

I don't know if it's been posted before, but I looked and couldn't find anything about it, but I have experienced a SERIOUS bug with the pack. I am running a server locally, and have done so for many other modpacks in the past. Everything loads up fine, I am using the newest version, both client and server. But EVERY time I have a power surge at my house, and it cuts of the server computer without the server shutting down correctly, the server will no longer load up. It will error out something different each time I fix something. The first time was with fluxed crystals, no problem I ended up just disabling it because the patch files did not fix the issue. The server then worked fine, until the next power outage. Then the HQM was throwing out errors, so I just deleted it, which ended up deleted all of my inventory,
u wiped ur inventory durring the attempt to fix a hqm error ? hqm save data can be wiped without messing with the players inventory in the process , ive done it several times (the same with several others)

when the pack launches i can make it to the 7th loading thing, but it wont go past it can anyone tell me why and how to fix it please??
it might an issue of too little ram allotted

Last edited:
P

philandkitt

Why are the quest rewards at the beginning invalid? Sorry I'm kind of slow..

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Why are the quest rewards at the beginning invalid? Sorry I'm kind of slow..
2 relevent quotes for ur problem
A bunch of "Invalid Item 4696"s for quest rewards, not sure if it's supposed to be like this but it's probably not. Would like this to be fixed or told how to fix it.

I have a message on login for all players that notes bugs like this, starts with "CEO MESSAGE".

All it is is leather/chainmail equivalent armor, from a mod I had to remove at the last minute.

T

TheInfoGuru

u wiped ur inventory durring the attempt to fix a hqm error ? hqm save data can be wiped without messing with the players inventory in the process , ive done it several times (the same with several others)

I literally just renamed the HQM folder in the world folder to HQMBackup so that it would create it new, and by doing only that my inventory was changed like I was starting fresh, as in it teleported me to world spawn and only thing in my inventory was the original books that you get. All of this happened without ever touching the player or level data. That's why I'm so confused by it because I had to reset my Regrowth server HQM and it worked perfectly fine.

M

Meskhenet

Been playing this a few days. (registered to leave some feedback)

So far.

The clear way each mod is set out is really good and easy to follow.
Story itself is enjoyable.
Blind bags are lots of fun.

No clear progression (or interaction between mods). Lots of 'make this', but no, 'make this to do x' (just finished the carpenters stuff. Ive never touched it before, you set it out in a way where i now know what can be made.... but i still dont really have any ideas what to do with all the stuff ive made. You could set a task to build a building of some sort (i know it cant be identified and rewarded, but people following the pack will probably do it anyway)

I was about to get started on the MFR stuff, but dont have any cables to power anything

Oh is there a rec for the coke oven? i cant find it in NEI and the basic recs arent working for me to make the bricks. I know something needs treated planks.

Also Initial research, you should give an idea of where to get the mats needed to be turned in

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
All of a sudden I've been getting the lag spike of death (known as heartbeat lag as well), any known fixes? Already tried optifine.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
All of a sudden I've been getting the lag spike of death (known as heartbeat lag as well), any known fixes? Already tried optifine.
Switching away from JourneyMap may help, as was mentioned in the latest notes. If you still want a map, Opis includes MapWriter as part of the mod. I believe that has a pre-req mod which is needed too.

I personally prefer JM over MW, but the former has had issues at times with certain blocks. For example, in my WLR world, my FPS would tank when facing an active BC laser table. It actually got worse in Java 8, and was running in a special install of Java 7 for a long time (until some packs now require 8 due to mods). MW does have some advantages though - in Twilight Forest, you can spot the 'tree dungeons' easier on the map. So YMMV, but worth the try.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
There is, I believe, but I cannot remember off the top of my head which mod changes this behaviour.

Never had immersive eng on server, do u plan to make questline for that or I miss it
The plan is to have a questline, big or small, for most every mod in the pack.

But EVERY time I have a power surge at my house, and it cuts of the server computer without the server shutting down correctly, the server will no longer load up.
These aren't exactly issues I can fix, because they all step from the same issue, and that's the constant power surges knocking the server computer out.

Servers are constantly saving and updating chunks of the world while it is online, and without a save-all when the server shuts down properly (or running the command in the server command prompt), you can easily encounter chunk corruption issues like you are. The only two solutions I can think of for most of your issues is : don't run a local server for now, as the constant power issues are what are corrupting your world, OR invest in a UPS for the server computer, something that can keep the power going for a minute to even out the power surges.

As for the error logs :

The first error is related to an error with Fluxed Crystals 2, which seems to happen rarely on world exit for some reason. I need to gather more data on this and file a bug report.

The second error is a corrupted chunk error.

Make sure you have between 3.5 and 5 gigs of ram allocated in the launcher.

I literally just renamed the HQM folder in the world folder to HQMBackup so that it would create it new,
What it sounds like is your player dat file got corrupted on the same power surge, just coincidentally broke at the same time as the HQM save data.

No clear progression (or interaction between mods). Lots of 'make this', but no, 'make this to do x' (just finished the carpenters stuff. Ive never touched it before, you set it out in a way where i now know what can be made.... but i still dont really have any ideas what to do with all the stuff ive made. You could set a task to build a building of some sort (i know it cant be identified and rewarded, but people following the pack will probably do it anyway)
I try to keep all mod questlines self contained (unless they have cross mod stuff, like Botania/Thaumcraft etc).

I could tell folks to build x or y, but without a good way to say if a player is doing it properly or not, and reward them, it might run into more issues than it helps. I'll consider ways to improve on this though.

As for things to do with all the stuff you've made : Part of the goal of the new contract/supply system is to give a way for players to 'recycle' anything they've made or found in blind bags/the world, turning them into coins for other things they may find useful.

I was about to get started on the MFR stuff, but dont have any cables to power anything
MFR has its own set of cables the questline will teach you about, but nearly every mod that has machines that require RF Power, can be powered by placing the RF Generator next to it until you have cables.

Oh is there a rec for the coke oven?
I believe the only coke oven is in Railcraft, which is not in this modpack.

Also Initial research, you should give an idea of where to get the mats needed to be turned in
For each of the initial mod quests? Might be a good idea actually.

Try installing this fork of OPIS and using it to track down the causes. If you find out, let me know whats causing it and I'll look into it more and see if its something I can fix or at least warn players about.

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019

Codechickencore config

Set environmentallyFriendlyCreepers=false