[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

D

DanLeo427

Just saw your modpack live on FTB after not being on for a while. Busy downloading and can't wait to jump right in!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
incorrect immersive engineering has a coke oven and it produces a similar fluid , this fluid is NEEDED for treated wood and treated stick
Whoops, that's what I get for replying after just waking up. Surprised I answered coherently enough lol

4lb1n0

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, Caigan, two questions, does this modpack is based on some sort of webcomic, at least the art style and/or some name in it? And will you make a light version of this modpack, because i want to play it, but it is too heavy for my PC, there are some world loading problems with my computer, already happened to me once, with the modpack blast off, when i was using the my fit with the shell mod, seems like some sort of memory exceed (need to upgrade my computer).

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan increasing the RAM from 4 gig to 8 gig and reducing autosave to 30 minutes has slowed the lag spike of death down...

Now it happens pretty consistently 30-40 minutes into the game (almost like a memory leak). It fixes if minecraft is completely shut down and restarted.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, Caigan, two questions, does this modpack is based on some sort of webcomic
Nope, not based on any webcomic or anything, just stuff from my own brainmeats.
And will you make a light version of this modpack
If I do, it won't be for a while, until I have more of the questlines and mechanics down solid.
Caigan increasing the RAM from 4 gig to 8 gig and reducing autosave to 30 minutes has slowed the lag spike of death down...

Now it happens pretty consistently 30-40 minutes into the game (almost like a memory leak). It fixes if minecraft is completely shut down and restarted.
Hmm, odd. Not surprised on memory leak, just trying to figure out which mod is the biggest offender is the issue.

S

Skmaestro

1. dupe with toolbox(add a item in toolbox, focus the cursor to item in toolbox press 1-9(where is you toolbox) and your toolbox drop with items + focused item in your inventory!
2. crash with alligator(maybe animation...) always crash when alligator attack you, i disable her spawn!
3. malsis doors bug(other players don't see ladder from big trapdoor(2x2) her auto create a ladder(only from placer)...
Sorry for my English!

Last edited:

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
2. crash with alligator(maybe animation...) always crash when alligator attack you, i disable her spawn!

Yeah, it happens when you make a killing blow to the alligator. It dies, and you can get the drops after restarting the game.

That's one of the reasons I won't miss that mod. Also because of weird hitboxes, and these mobs get an unavoidable attack on you. And obnoxious birds and bats keep spawning in the middle of your base.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
And obnoxious birds and bats keep spawning in the middle of your base.
I won't miss the extra birds (removing clutter from the Morph list), but their bat is an almost guaranteed source of wool of bat. :) Too bad this playthrough will be rejecting Witchery on multiple RP-based grounds...

BMan2505

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing this for 5 days. I've had school a lot of those days and work so not a lot of time but my spare time has been taken up by this mudpack so congratulations to you. I haven't been addicted to a mudpack for at least a year and I'm so excited. Questline is great and I can't wait to see what happens to the mudpack in the future!

4lb1n0

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, not based on any webcomic or anything, just stuff from my own brainmeats.

I just asked because your profile picture, and the "mascot" of the modpack, remember me of Farron from the recurring webcomic uberquest, link > http://uberquest.katbox.net/about/ < link, and i think i've reard the name Ferret somewhere else, or maybe it was a time leak into my brain ( sometimes i predict the future ).

P.S: I will be waiting for the light version with deadly patience.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I can't download the ferret business it comes up with this on the launcher console
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/2a08841a
Hm odd. Force update the modpack (in FTB Launcher options, there is a Force Update button, ti will redownload the pack)

. dupe with toolbox(add a item in toolbox, focus the cursor to item in toolbox press 1-9(where is you toolbox) and your toolbox drop with items + focused item in your inventory!
Ahh, okay. I'll see if that's fixed, if not I think I might get rid of Toolbox mod, wasn't very favored in the survey.

Yeah, this is on the list to disable in the next update.

3. malsis doors bug(other players don't see ladder from big trapdoor(2x2) her auto create a ladder(only from placer)...

Malisis has had a bunch of updates from the version we're using I believe, so hopefully that bug will be fixed.

That's one of the reasons I won't miss that mod.
I...don't remember saying I was removing the mod, but I've found one or two other 'animal' mods that might fit better in the past week, since its been a good while since Zulu was updated.

Hey, I'm getting a crash on startup and have no idea why. Would really appreciate it if someone could help me!

Log: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/914b20f4
Hm, what graphics card are you using? I think this is a crash related to integrated graphics, but it might be something else. Try disabling the Forge Loading Screen :

In the /config/ folder for the modpack, there should be a splash.properties file. Open it, and set "enabled" to false and try launching again.
I see the furries have already invaded Minecraft.
We've been here the entire time. A lot of us have been combining mods and playing modded games together since the early days of ModLoader and hMod. =) Heck, some of my friends still remember our alpha days and someone building an entire ceiling over the entire limited size map.

Reactions: SirDoctorOfTardis

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I...don't remember saying I was removing the mod, but I've found one or two other 'animal' mods that might fit better in the past week, since its been a good while since Zulu was updated.

Oh. I thought I saw it on the list of removed mods somewhere.

D

DanLeo427

So I got a little carried away with automation and I was so happy to see yellowrite ore in this pack that I built a reactor right as I had enough iron. Then fenced off a 12 chunk area and placed turrets all around, got a cobble gen going and piping in cobble to the turrets for the junk turret to shoot, and works like dream! Then when I looked at my quest tablet again I saw that half of the stuff I did is in there as quests. XD
So I suppose I'll have to look at the book every now then hey?

Amazing modpack Caigan, lovit to bits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Stenkk4

Gotta be the best mod pack so far for MC. Downloaded this a week ago, already more than 50 hours on it, and still far from getting the "story" done.
A couple of crashes here and there with the Blind bags, but otherwise flawless pack.

10/10 pack, Caigan, now waiting for the next update to get more quests to do!