[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
What's the cheapest way to chunk load an area? Preferably chunk-loading it in a sustainable way.
'Legit" way would be Dimensional Anchor. Another is the MFR Chunkloader but that is fairly expensive.

There's also Poppet Shelf, I believe.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
What's the cheapest way to chunk load an area? Preferably chunk-loading it in a sustainable way.
cheapest "legit" way is the Dimensional Anchor feed eyes of ender (becuase u can have a farm for the ingrendents ) or u could use the mfr chunkloader apparently if u feed it a liquid called essence(formally called mob essence) it quite sinificantly reduces the power cost it will demand (i assume the essence is consumed but idk ) it eats power(rf does count) and presumably essence at a rate dependent on how many chunks the chunkloader is loading

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
I think chunk loading is a bs requirement on a SP server so I'm just going to make some poppet shelves. Thanks guys.

Edit: Ender Quarries also make good ghetto chunk loaders.

Stats of world (achieved legitimately, world is SSP):

- Mekanism fusion reactor producing 400,000RF per tick at a fuel injection rate of 4.
- 4 height 18 solar evaporation towers (3 brine into one lithium) in an always daytime RFtools dimension which can sustain the fusion reaction permanently. There is a backup buffer of 1000 buckets (100,000MB) of tritium liquid in-case of an emergency.
- 6,400,000,000RF battery (thanks to Mekanism's multi-block structure!)
- Applied energistics system that can auto-produce pure crystals, all of the circuits and pretty much anything else from AE2.
- 5 Laser Drills at height 140 eating 100,000RF per tick and working all together they spit out an ore every 2.4 seconds.
- Ore quadrupling due to Mekanism at a reasonably speedy rate.

Last edited:

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
I think chunk loading is a bs requirement on a SP server so I'm just going to make some poppet shelves. Thanks guys.

Edit: Ender Quarries also make good ghetto chunk loaders.

Stats of world (achieved legitimately, world is SSP):

- Mekanism fusion reactor producing 400,000RF per tick at a fuel injection rate of 4.
- 4 height 18 solar evaporation towers (3 brine into one lithium) in an always daytime RFtools dimension which can sustain the fusion reaction permanently. There is a backup buffer of 1000 buckets (100,000MB) of tritium liquid in-case of an emergency.
- 6,400,000,000RF battery (thanks to Mekanism's multi-block structure!)
- Applied energistics system that can auto-produce pure crystals, all of the circuits and pretty much anything else from AE2.
- 5 Laser Drills at height 140 eating 100,000RF per tick and working all together they spit out an ore every 2.4 seconds.
- Ore quadrupling due to Mekanism at a reasonably speedy rate.
Go on ore quintupling due to Mekanism ;)

OxChef

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows where to get Draconic Flux Capacitor?
Got everything from Draconic Evolution, but I can't find it....

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Also you're not getting rid of ztones and armourer's workshop right? Half my base is made out of these mods :O...
ZTones is staying for sure. AW is still up in the air for now, but I'm leaning towards removing it due to the votes in the polls plus its bigger resource footprint than I was expecting.

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
ZTones is staying for sure. AW is still up in the air for now, but I'm leaning towards removing it due to the votes in the polls plus its bigger resource footprint than I was expecting.

The white glowing blocks made perfect lights in my futuristic base... Guess I'll replace with some Ztones lights instead.

V

Vaalintine

Been enjoying the modpack quite a bit so far, though my game just crashed and I have no idea what caused it, given the report is just computer-speak to me. Should I post or send the report to any particular place? I'm playing the modpack via the Curse launcher, if that helps.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Been enjoying the modpack quite a bit so far, though my game just crashed and I have no idea what caused it, given the report is just computer-speak to me. Should I post or send the report to any particular place? I'm playing the modpack via the Curse launcher, if that helps.
In your Curse Client, select the modpack. To the right side near the friends list, there's a button with [ ... ]. Click it, and click Open Folder in the dropdown. This'll bring you to your install folder for the modpack.

From here, the crash-logs folder has all the crashes, with a timestamp. I suggest uploading the text of the latest crash report to something like pastebin and linking it to me (or uploading the crashlog txt file to dropbox if you have it, for example).

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
MARCH 1ST STATUS UPDATE

Okay, just wanting to keep folks informed of all that's going on, concerning progress of the next update and the plans for the next two months.

CURRENTLY

I'm about halfway through valuing all blocks and items for mods I currently have quests for. Many mods I don't have quests for have SOME items valued, due to their ore dictionary status in recipes. That's over 3,500 items so far. I will then spend a day or two playing normally in a fresh world, and valuing a majority of hte items and things I myself make, loot, and find.

New mods I have been testing while doing this have shown no issues : Matter Overdrive, Grimoire of Gaia, and NuclearCraft. The only one currently for sure being added in the next update is GoG, with MO being very likely, and NuclearCraft being 50/50 right now.

NEXT WEEK

Next week will be...interesting. My birthday is on the 7th, and the day after is a very important doctor visit for me, after which I will be in 'surgery preparation' mode, and have a bit of less time and focus ability on the pack. The surgery will be in April, so my goal is to have a pack beta around the third week of March, squash as many issues as I can find, and then release 0.1.3 at the beginning of April. While this seems like a slow thing, do remember that my real life health has to come first.

As well, a very important surprise is coming concerning this modpack. Very awesome good surprise! You'll have to wait and see. =)

THREE WEEKS

This is where I plan, at the latest, to have the 0.1.3 beta available for testing. Earlier if I can manage, to give people more than a week to hit things with a stick to see if it explodes.

APRIL

If all goes well, the new update will be out the first week.

If serious issues/bugs pop up in the coming weeks after release, I will do a primarily bugfixing patch to stabilize the pack. I don't want big crash issues and whatnot to be troublesome to everyone while I'm down for surgery. After surgery, I will have a week or so in the hospital, and then a few months of downtime at home (I can work on the pack during the latter)

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so much for keeping us up to date. I think among the requests and bug reports it's worth to let you know that I (as many around here I believe) really appreciate everything you are putting into this pack and keeping us up to date. I don't really care about update frequency because I have a feeling that this pack will end up being even greater when it's done. :)

Rethala

Jul 29, 2019
I hope things all go well for you, @Caigan, and I for one am definitely looking forward to the next update, especially since by then I should have an internet connection which actually allows me to download things!

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
In your Curse Client, select the modpack. To the right side near the friends list, there's a button with [ ... ]. Click it, and click Open Folder in the dropdown. This'll bring you to your install folder for the modpack.

From here, the crash-logs folder has all the crashes, with a timestamp. I suggest uploading the text of the latest crash report to something like pastebin and linking it to me (or uploading the crashlog txt file to dropbox if you have it, for example).

Caigan as I was exiting my singleplayer server FTB crashed and now it crashes EVERY time I try to get back into The Ferret Business. I've pastebinned the error here:

http://pastebin.com/LyY6VXWh

Reverting to backups doesn't work as the crash happens during stage 3 of the FTB/Forge set-up before I've even seen the main menu... This world has over 100+ hours in it, please help!

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Caigan as I was exiting my singleplayer server FTB crashed and now it crashes EVERY time I try to get back into The Ferret Business. I've pastebinned the error here:

Reverting to backups doesn't work as the crash happens during stage 3 of the FTB/Forge set-up before I've even seen the main menu... This world has over 100+ hours in it, please help!
3 key lines from the crash report in my option
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not a JSON Object:
at fluxedCrystals.registry.MutationRegistry.ReadFromDisk(MutationRegistry.java:93)
at fluxedCrystals.registry.MutationRegistry.Load(MutationRegistry.java:79)

custom seeds from fluxed crystals are koeing u , essentially u are crashing when fluxed crystals trys to read the seed list during load (which appears to be messed up somehow, something formatting )

(post comment im sorry if i need to use a speicial tag if i post code it self )

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
3 key lines from the crash report in my option
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not a JSON Object:
at fluxedCrystals.registry.MutationRegistry.ReadFromDisk(MutationRegistry.java:93)
at fluxedCrystals.registry.MutationRegistry.Load(MutationRegistry.java:79)

custom seeds from fluxed crystals are koeing u , essentially u are crashing when fluxed crystals trys to read the seed list during load (which appears to be messed up somehow, something formatting )

(post comment im sorry if i need to use a speicial tag if i post code it self )

Deleting the fluxed crystals 2 config seemed to fix it... Thanks!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019

This weird crash hits very randomly, a few people get it every version, but of course most do not.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6atpp7tpnctjfil/fluxedCrystals.zip?dl=0

Here's the config files for fluxed crystals directory, since the pack has a lot of custom seed crystals.