[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Rethala

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, try removing the microblocks as ammo and use something else for a bit.

So, I did find something... not sure if it relates to the microblock ammo or not, but I'm randomly finding in my inventory an item which has no texture (not even the purple/black checkerboard, simply 100% alpha) named "Unnamed" that claims to be from Microblocks... I've been erasing it as I find it, but it's really strange... if I can I'll grab a screenshot of it just to show you. I haven't had any major crashes since I started doing this, though, so that's a thing.

edit: Should probably mention that I didn't get this message until after finding that thing... I may have to do some testing to see if perhaps the nooks I'm using as ammo are breaking somehow when they hit mobs, and I'm picking up the pieces? Dunno yet...

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
edit: Should probably mention that I didn't get this message until after finding that thing... I may have to do some testing to see if perhaps the nooks I'm using as ammo are breaking somehow when they hit mobs, and I'm picking up the pieces? Dunno yet...
I've had that happen before, but I don't remember what caused it.

------------------------

My apologies, yet again, for being silent this week, but I've been pretty busy. I've been working on the new mechanics I've mentioned before, that will be replacing the Production and Supply Contract system.

http://imgur.com/a/1GjIb Some information on the system. It doesn't go into full details on how things work though, its just a general outline. The system is still in the works, but this is generally the plan for it.

Another part of the system I don't have screenshots for yet is the Bulk Order Contract system. You will be able to find BOC's, probably a rare drop from various creatures to start with, that will present you with a list of items. Collect the items it calls for and combine it with the BOC in the Ferret Business Mega Packager to complete the Contract, and turn it in via the QUEST Tablet or the same way as Crates.

Generally, Crated items will be worth less than they do now, but gives you more versatility in combining and turning them in (enabling you to combine, say, logs and ingots and clay into a crate, instead of just ingots). Bulk Order Contracts will pay out a lot more comparatively.

EXAMPLE :
A crate with 4 Iron Ingots might get you a single coin.
A BOC asking for 12 iron ingots might get you 5 coins instead.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
That's shaping up rather nicely. Some related questions:

With this change, are you planning to change the batteries in any way? Or are those (mostly) finalized at this point?

What is the expected return rate for trader chits in this revised system?

One semi-related question (sorta): What is the current state of Agricraft crop use? If there are no further changes planned for that mod's use now, I'm considering a revival of my Forestry/Mekanism 'power plant.' Its more efficient with 3x10 Wheat seeds, but I could make it work with a dedicated 'normal' farm too (probably becoming the roof of the [rather large] building).

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
With this change, are you planning to change the batteries in any way? Or are those (mostly) finalized at this point?
They'll be changed in some fashion, though I'm not sure how yet. Without an appropriate way to hastily charge them, they are mostly useless for generating money.

hat is the expected return rate for trader chits in this revised system?
After I get the initial parts of this system in place, I need to test how fast you generate chits vs the old system, and then balance accordingly. My thoughts are, one of the following will happen with Trader Chits :
  1. The new system will generate chits faster than the old, and I'll lower payments on them.
  2. The new system generates chits slower, I'll up the payment.
  3. Trader chit system doesn't work as well with the new Crate mechanics, and it gets repurposed
    1. The thought is, if it doesn't work, it might be used primarily for fulfilling Bulk Order Contracts, as even more incentive to do BOC's
One semi-related question (sorta): What is the current state of Agricraft crop use?
I need to check on the updated configs, but I'm not planning on changing it any time soon I don't think. There's less need to futz with speed and balance with it when Magical Crop seeds aren't part of the 3x10 system.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I've had that happen before, but I don't remember what caused it.

------------------------

My apologies, yet again, for being silent this week, but I've been pretty busy. I've been working on the new mechanics I've mentioned before, that will be replacing the Production and Supply Contract system.

http://imgur.com/a/1GjIb Some information on the system. It doesn't go into full details on how things work though, its just a general outline. The system is still in the works, but this is generally the plan for it.

Another part of the system I don't have screenshots for yet is the Bulk Order Contract system. You will be able to find BOC's, probably a rare drop from various creatures to start with, that will present you with a list of items. Collect the items it calls for and combine it with the BOC in the Ferret Business Mega Packager to complete the Contract, and turn it in via the QUEST Tablet or the same way as Crates.

Generally, Crated items will be worth less than they do now, but gives you more versatility in combining and turning them in (enabling you to combine, say, logs and ingots and clay into a crate, instead of just ingots). Bulk Order Contracts will pay out a lot more comparatively.

EXAMPLE :
A crate with 4 Iron Ingots might get you a single coin.
A BOC asking for 12 iron ingots might get you 5 coins instead.
hopefully the boc form in the example does not drop 1 at a time ,becuase it is worth far to little to worry about if it only drops 1 "12 iron boc"at a time. the value of the "event"of boc forms droping does increase as the boc's value differentiates from the normal crate value(boc' "value" starts lower becuase of its assumed recipe nature ) ,because the dire crafting table(avarita table) is Un-automateable last i heard vs the new crates being just being bad idea to craft internally in ae(relatively easy to solve with an rftools crafter)

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
hopefully the boc form in the example does not drop 1 at a time ,becuase it is worth far to little to worry about if it only drops 1 "12 iron boc"at a time. the value of the "event"of boc forms droping does increase as the boc's value differentiates from the normal crate value(boc' "value" starts lower becuase of its assumed recipe nature ) ,because the dire crafting table(avarita table) is Un-automateable last i heard vs the new crates being just being bad idea to craft internally in ae(relatively easy to solve with an rftools crafter)
That was just an example.

The plan is to have 4 tiers of BOC, much like blind bags. The bigger contracts will require a lot more items to them, but will payout more compared to a low tier one.

And yes, automating a big system for normal crates will 'pay out' more in the long run by the sheer fact you can do other things too. That's always going to be the case unless I remove that aspect, even if I make everything pay out pennies. And I'm not going to do that because I am merely giving more options on getting Coins.

Remember, I cannot balance for the far ends of the casual vs hardcore spectrum. The folks who lose out more are those in the middle.

Might I recommend MorePlayerModels?
I'll look into it.

TheRonin

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan update ETA?

I needs zee updates... Love this pack...

I has fusion power now... 3.6 BILLION RF baby!

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019

Wouldn't a different mod pack where you, as part of a corporation incapable of two-way communication with a stranded member, got a bunch of crates of mixed goods you need to carefully unpack to avoid damaging them and then sort them to obtain the original contents to rebuild a damaged world be cool?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan update ETA?

I needs zee updates... Love this pack...

I has fusion power now... 3.6 BILLION RF baby!
No ETA yet, the rebuild of some of the major pack mechanics is going to take a while.

Wouldn't a different mod pack where you, as part of a corporation incapable of two-way communication with a stranded member, got a bunch of crates of mixed goods you need to carefully unpack to avoid damaging them and then sort them to obtain the original contents to rebuild a damaged world be cool?
This is one of the ideas I've thought of for another pack, among a few others in my head.

L

letherrider

Hi, i'm having a problem. When i create a new world, it crashes and closes, and go to the multiplayer menu. ("shutting down server"). I never played before and this is my first time downloading. What can be the problem?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
so what would be a legendary boc ?
Haven't worked out what each tier would consist of just yet. I'm currently slowly working through at least vanilla, one tech, and one magic mod, sorting items into catagories and their FMC values. It'll give me a good idea of the high limits an item can cost, and that'll help me figure out BOC levels and rewards.

Hi, i'm having a problem. When i create a new world, it crashes and closes, and go to the multiplayer menu. ("shutting down server"). I never played before and this is my first time downloading. What can be the problem?
If you can get me a crash/etc log when this happens, I can figure out what's going on.

In the FTB Launcher, in Options, make sure that it has Show Console selected. When you get kicked back to the multiplayer menu, alt+tab to the console and hit Upload Log, and link it here.

L

letherrider

Haven't worked out what each tier would consist of just yet. I'm currently slowly working through at least vanilla, one tech, and one magic mod, sorting items into catagories and their FMC values. It'll give me a good idea of the high limits an item can cost, and that'll help me figure out BOC levels and rewards.

If you can get me a crash/etc log when this happens, I can figure out what's going on.

In the FTB Launcher, in Options, make sure that it has Show Console selected. When you get kicked back to the multiplayer menu, alt+tab to the console and hit Upload Log, and link it here.

Hi, this is the log that i got from console: " http:// pastebin. com/RCQhqHGb "

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I updated the log in messages to mention that Workbench and Tesseract crashes can be fixed by updating COFH and Thermal Expansion mods. I've also added a message about ignoring the 'invalid items' issue as well.

Reactions: An0nymuS

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, this is the log that i got from console: " http:// pastebin. com/RCQhqHGb "
Sorry bout delay, after last messages I fell asleep, and somehow missed the pastebin log post (I didn't get it in my email till...looks like almost midnight here for some reason)

You are going to have to disable Morph unfortunately. It's unclear exactly what is causing this for only some players.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
A BIT MORE ON THE NEW SUPPLY AND CONTRACT SYSTEMS

So, I've been working all week on these two systems. I'd like to explain more on the systems a bit more, my plans and ideas, etc. The overall idea is set and working, but the smaller details CAN and MAY change : specifically, payouts, the changes to the Trader Chit system, the shifting of prices in the Shop, etc.

SUPPLY (AND DEMAND?) SYSTEM

The current system is known as the Contract System : crate up specific types of items, in specific amounts, and ship them for some coins and a trader chit.

The new system that is replacing this is the Supply System. It works in a very similar way : Crate up items, ship them, receive coins and possibly a trader chit. What's changing is how you crate things.

My goal is to have every obtainable item in the game have what is called an FMC value, Ferret Market Cost (before you ask, yes its based on the same idea as THAT mod). All items are categorized to different types : Materials, Components (like capacitors, etc), Food, Furniture, Weapons, Armor, and others.

The minimum shippable crate is 1,000 FMC. To make, say, a Shippable Material Crate, you can combine 4 [Iron Ingots] and an empty crate. Or, you can do the following :
  • Iron Ingot (250), Iron Ingot (250), Coal Ore (250), Coal Ore (250)
  • Iron Ingot (250), Iron Dust (250), Iron Ingot (250), Niter (100), Niter (100), Redstone Dust (50)
  • Iron Ore (500), Redstone Block (450), Soul Sand (50)
And so on. Right now, every 1,000 FMC is worth 1 Silver Coin.

In my testing, the lower level crates in the original system would give you less reward in the new system, but the higher level crates will give you more. To that, I'll need to adjust the prices of everything in the shop accordingly, as well as how many points it takes to get to each rank.

BULK ORDER CONTRACT SYSTEM

This is a new system, which will be more akin to the definition of a Contract (unlike the previous Contract System). You will be able to find Contracts in the world in some manner : They will contain a list of items (either specific items, or types of items). This is still in early planning stages, but I'm considering payout to be 2 to 5x the value of the FMC of the individual items.

Here are some examples :
  • A Miner's Delight
    • Two Iron Pickaxes
    • Five Iron Ore
    • Five Gold Ore
    • One Diamond
    • Ten Coal or Charcoal
    • Ten Torches
    • One Fire Resist Potion
  • A Small Armory
    • Three swords, worth between 500 and 1,000 FMC
    • Three axes, worth between 500 and 1,000 FMC
    • Two Bows, worth between 10 and 100 FMC
    • Fifteen Arrows (normal)
    • Six full Iron Armor suits
    • Two full Leather Armor suits
    • Five Potions of Healing
Contracts are filled in the Ferret Business Mega Packager, a large 9x9 crafting grid.

TRADER CHITS

Originally, you got a number of chits equal to how many crates you shipped, not the value of them.

Instead, like Shop Reputation, the number of chits you get will depend on the value of the crate you are shipping. My rough thought is, every 10k value a crate is, equals one Trader Chit. This encourages you to make more complex items OR to combine smaller value crates into larger crates for maximum benefit.