[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
the "bop is needed to finish all the quests" is a leftover from the previous pack update where bop was removed
the agricraft greenhouse issue will be solved next pack version *hint hint hint * u might wanna look at the craft recipes the seeds from magical crops are used for specifically the useful ones

Do you know if there is any way to increase the magical crops seed stats even with breeding disabled for them? Also, wow, 5 seeds per crate, is there a renewable way to get seeds outside of quest turn ins and looting greenhouses?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Do you know if there is any way to increase the magical crops seed stats even with breeding disabled for them? Also, wow, 5 seeds per crate, is there a renewable way to get seeds outside of quest turn ins and looting greenhouses?
in the current version nope thats part of the reason i said check there useage recipes the crate recipe was not what i ment theres another recipe thats 1 ithem for 1 ithem

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
why i can't find any blizz? oO
i find blitz... but blizz no one... i find a snow biome but no blizz spawn... =(
i had an issue with that too i ended up looking for the snowy forest like biome in twilight Forrest and finding a few just be warned if u have not done enough twlight forrest progression u will get a slowness(3?) debuff when enter the biome so bring something to augment ur speed up (the glob trotters sash should be enough to counter most of the drain ) i used the normal sash to just trim down the speed drain i got (it was earlier on in the game for me )

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
why i can't find any blizz? oO
i find blitz... but blizz no one... i find a snow biome but no blizz spawn... =(
You and me, we have the opposite problems. I can't get Blizzs to stop spawning in my base. I'm dug into a huge (almost max height) mountain from Realist World Gen, and I wish I had the tech for magnum torches because they just won't stop spawning everywhere.

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
i had an issue with that too i ended up looking for the snowy forest like biome in twilight Forrest and finding a few just be warned if u have not done enough twlight forrest progression u will get a slowness(3?) debuff when enter the biome so bring something to augment ur speed up (the glob trotters sash should be enough to counter most of the drain ) i used the normal sash to just trim down the speed drain i got (it was earlier on in the game for me )

oh... ok... i just what one.. and i'll spawn the rest im my base... i'l try it thanks =D

You and me, we have the opposite problems. I can't get Blizzs to stop spawning in my base. I'm dug into a huge (almost max height) mountain from Realist World Gen, and I wish I had the tech for magnum torches because they just won't stop spawning everywhere.

i generate the world normal but don't take the RWG off.. this give me some problems.. like 3 biome world... so must of my world is desert, savana and Mesa.. =/

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got greater knowlegde about the realistisc biome mod and can tell me, about how many blocks are between cold and hot biomes in average?

I tried a few world-generations now and I really love the world-gen the mod does (the mountains are amazing!).
But I even used creative mode and flight at some point to see where I actually get into a new "area" when it comes to warmth. And well.. I kinda gave up after flying ~2'000 blocks and always see the same biomes. (in the world I seriously play now I walked without flight for ~1'000 blocks in every direction of my home and found nothing but cold forests, cold rivers, snow deserts and such colder biomes... not even a sliver of hope to find a desert or Mesa for a second base)

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
One more bug report. My friends and I have been testing the limits of the Aura Cascade "Fluxing Node", and we found out that attaching a Steve's Addons RF Node to it makes the server crash and become unable to boot up again.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
so i went thrashing through a roguelike dungeon for a whitestone went through all the layers including nether zone result : no white stone ,meet armored creepers scary concept right there and lots more armored mobs , a disturbing lack of any infernal mobs (did it get removed earlier on and i never noticed? )

if anyone wants to see what other work on the pack caigan has been doing now might be a good time to check the change log
one of the entrys mentions tinkers tailor (which apparently adds tinkers armor for a lot of materials)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
apprently the requirements to grow agrimushroom spores changed between pack version it used to be just plant them in crop sticks that are on mycelium . thats not the case anymore becuase they wont grow anymore , i thought it was they need darkness now so i tried putting them in complete darkness nope still
" this plant can not grow here " apparently they need low light instead no light ....

anyone know what "Shiny bauble" from project zulu is for ?(its dungeon loot)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
My apologies for my disappearance! Holidays are a crazy time, and I hope everyone had a good one!

I've hunkered down today to work on the last of this update (as anyone watching the Changelog doc could probably see). It's super close, I'm just double checking things and running some more tests before I release the Beta.

I had almost forgotten to fix the broken Open Modular Turret quests and some broken blind bags, as well as some recipe conflicts, but those have all been handled.

if you what just ask and i'll let the config here for you, the mod is "Waila NBT"
This one looks useful but I'm not sure I'll add it, yet. WAILA tends to show a whooole lot of info as it is. I'll think on it when I'm working on the second part of the Balancing Update.

for some reason decocraft just gone '-' i just downlod the mod and put back.. lost all the stuff in the world... not a problem... i can craft again... i don't delete the mod.. it just gone... =/
Thats...super odd, testing with latest Decocraft myself and not had this issue.

and it's not for the author... like NEI can be a problem for manny authors of mods... but it's usefull for the players... it's optional, i put this on mod pack for my own risk.. i'm testing, and show the results, like update mods too, i'm not asking for caigan... it's the way i like to play... for exemple... i like the mod "dual hotbar" i never see it on modpacks... i need optfine to play... if you look the image... my FPS is 10... without Optfine is imposible to play for me... it's my personal taste and need... i'm just show what works... and the problems.. for help to new stuff for the mod pack and avoid problems if i find.
Things like this are where the differences between mod dev, modpack dev, and a regular player come into effect.

As a modpack author, I'm nowhere without mod devs. So I try to take into account what stances some of my favorite mod devs have concerning their own mods, when I'm designing my modpack.

Things like Optifine aren't allowed in packs themselves, which is why you don't see packs with it. It helps a lot of people, but a lot of others have more issues with it than it helps.

For things like WAILA NBT, dual hotbars, etc, they may fit in the pack, but their exclusion doesn't mean I don't allow it, rather its up to the player themselves if they want it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BOTANIA - MAGIC BEE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is fixed in 0.1.2, but the reason you had problems crafting those flowers is because of the removal of Mana Petals (Remember how I said its not that simple?). When you updated Forestry, you also updated Binnie's Mods (More Trees, Bees, etc). That isn't updated to the newest Forestry, unfortunatley, which is why you were crashing.

Binnies Mods is temporarily removed from the pack, as many mod updates now require the newer Forestry, and BInnie isn't able to update his mod right now.

That still doesn't mean that people can't play the way they want to. If anything, at best it's a suggestion for playing the way it was intended by the mod's author. But it's the player's singleplayer experience and I don't see why they can't tweak a few things if they feel it will be more fun, regardless of what mod authors say.
The problem some people have is they want to play this specific way, then get super angry at the mod dev for changing things so that this isn't possible. So, instead of adapting to the change, they insult the mod dev, as is the most obviously apparent with Vazkii and Botania, especially due to how often Botania is updated.

People forget that mod devs are people, and they are playing a silly video game. Instead of acting mature and either dealing with it or moving on, they'd rather throw insults around.

If you use Realistic World Generation, the Natura cactus and trees don't spawn in the overworld. At least, in my (rather vast) explorations I have not encountered any. The OP mentions that some quests can't be completed without using Biomes O'Plenty, so I'm not sure if maybe this is part of this.
Yeah, the RWG mod dev has kinda vanished, so that mod is being replaced with a fork of it thats regularly updated now : Realistic Terrain Generation. It has support for many mods like Natura and MFR and whatnot.

Agricraft greenhouses spawn in villages with magical crops plants that have no purpose. They also spawn other magical crops, but I think that's great, it's where all my magical crops have come from so far, I haven't gotten the quest unlocked for them in the book yet. It spawns Ars Magicka 2 plants, and I think a few others, that you can't use to craft anything.
Yep these are fixed in the update too. Magical Crops is gone so it won't draw from that pool of seeds anymore.

Hey Caigan! It has come to my attention that this seems like a indie modpack. Is anyone else working with you? Also, I'd love to do voluntary voice acting for you. I have a decent microphone that I think will be of good quality. I can read the introduction and send you the sound file via E-Mail. Note I will do this for free, as my appreciation for this modpack.
Aw, thank you for the offer! Not sure I'm looking for more voice work than I've already done on the pack (the pack is already almost 300 megs large), and I decided not to do the audio log idea I had for the time being. I'll keep you in mind though if I change my mind!!

the "bop is needed to finish all the quests" is a leftover from the previous pack update where bop was removed
Whoops, I really need to update that main post a lot heavier than I have been.

Anyone got greater knowlegde about the realistisc biome mod and can tell me, about how many blocks are between cold and hot biomes in average?
With RWG I wasn't able to tweak the biome size, and the biomes could end up being really huge.

RTG lets me tweak biome size, so I've tweaked it to hopefully a better mix between vanilla's 'constantly small biomes' and RWG's 'I've been flying for 5 minutes why am I still in a desert" problem.

One more bug report. My friends and I have been testing the limits of the Aura Cascade "Fluxing Node", and we found out that attaching a Steve's Addons RF Node to it makes the server crash and become unable to boot up again.
Well that's not good at all. I'll look into that.

You'll probably need to bring that world into a world editor like MCEdit, go to the location, and delete both blocks.

(did it get removed earlier on and i never noticed? )
Infernal Mobs got removed due to some crashing issues with it, and I have plans to do something similar using Father Toasts AI scripting stuff.

" this plant can not grow here " apparently they need low light instead no light ....
I haven't looked into what the change is either, unfortunately.

anyone know what "Shiny bauble" from project zulu is for ?(its dungeon loot)
I think this was planned to be used at one point, but never utilized by the mod author.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
R6TKSx4.png

Reactions: Lethosos

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
THE FERRET BUSINESS 0.1.2 BETA DOWNLOAD
This is for folks who want to help me test out the pack with their current worlds. I do this as its a good way to find bugs past myself and my small tester group (who are all away on holidays at the moment...)

You will need to reset HQM progress, keep in mind. This was unavoidable with some changes.

CLIENT DOWNLOAD AND INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Download the beta zip file above.
  2. If you do not have MultiMC installed, do so now, and get it set up with your Minecraft account for authentication purposes.
  3. Right Click the center area and select Create Instance, or hit the upper left button for Add New Instance.
  4. Name it something like Ferret Business 0.1.2 Beta
  5. Select Import Modpack, then the [...] button. Select the zip file you just downloaded.
  6. Hit okay, it may take a minute or two, but it will create a new instance with the modpack.
  7. Right click the modpack instance, and click Edit Instance.
  8. In the left column, you should have Version selected, if not select it now.
  9. At the right side, click Install Forge, and select the version that ends in 1558
    1. If this is your first time running MultiMC, you should also select the Settings tab in the left column, and making sure the proper 64 bit version of Java 8 is selected, as well as 4 gigs of Memory allocated.
  10. TO IMPORT A CURRENT WORLD : Open up the folder for your current 0.1.1 install. Find your world in /minecraft/saves and copy it to the /saves/ directory in the MultiMC instance
    1. You can easily find this by selecting the modpack instance in MultiMC, and in the right side select Instance Folder.
    2. Open up the folder of the world you just copied, and delete the HardcoreQuesting folder.
You can now launch it and test it with an old world.

SERVER DOWNLOAD AND INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Download the zip file above
  2. Extract it to a folder of your choice.
  3. Open server.properties in notepad or similar, change your settings as you see fit.
    1. TO IMPORT A CURRENT WORLD AND SERVER SETTINGS : Open up the folder for your current 0.1.1 server.
    1. Copy the following folders and files to the 0.1.2 server folder
      1. The world folder (usually called world, might be something different in server.properties)
      2. ServerStart.bat
      3. server.properties
      4. ops.json
      5. whitelist.json
      6. usercache.json
    2. You can easily find this by selecting the modpack instance in MultiMC, and in the right side select Instance Folder.
    3. Open up the world folder you just copied, and delete the HardcoreQuesting folder.
  • Run ServerStart.bat

NEW VERSION NOTES
  • I have most likely forgot to change a setting. I don't know what, but I feel it in the back of my head.
  • MOD CHANGES
    • Magical Crops is gone, as was foretold last version.
    • Realistic World Gen's author has poofed. I am replacing RWG with Realistic Terrain Generation, a fork of RWG with more options, more support, and is being updated regularly.
    • Binnies Mods has not updated to the new Forestry still, and has been removed temporarily
    • Thaumic Sanity has been added so that you do not have to pray to the Dark RNG Gods for the Elder Epiphany event. Taint and Warp are still very much existent.
    • Thaumic Inventory Scanning has been added for other sanity reasons, cause dropping a million items to scan them for research points is silly.
    • Storage Drawers was SUPPOSED to be in the last version, but I derped and disabled it on accident. It is now here.
    • Bee Specific is an HQM addon that will be utilized later. It is not important right now.
    • I have added a new mod as a Christmas gift, as it was highly asked for by folks in the thread and my internal testing group. Have fun!
  • There are over 50 new quests. Most are in Crystals and Essences, but a few can be found in Magical Flowers and Protecting your Assets
  • Fifteen new blind bags join the pool.
  • I will probably make a video soon demonstrating how to download and install the beta versions. I will also make a video on how to get the modpack, as well as a general intro video to the modpack.

J

JericoHardstyle

Thank you for the last reply, but i have another question. What mod gives the armour points on the bottom left and is there a way to move them as having full armour and a tool or weapon blocks out the first slot of my inventory.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the last reply, but i have another question. What mod gives the armour points on the bottom left and is there a way to move them as having full armour and a tool or weapon blocks out the first slot of my inventory.
Most likely that's ArmorStatusHUD. Can either disable it with no issue, or use video options and change your GUI scaling.

J

JericoHardstyle

I was able to move them to the left-hand side of the screen through the config in-game. Thanks for the help anyway.

Th3Ch053n0n3

Jul 29, 2019
I know I brought this up last time, but.... why not use the beta function on Curse? I can't get multimc to work for some odd reason, and I really want to play the beta.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I know I brought this up last time, but.... why not use the beta function on Curse? I can't get multimc to work for some odd reason, and I really want to play the beta.
I forgot about looking into this. Right now I use the auto-transfer function the FTB Third Party team provides, and I haven't checked on what I need to do to take over control of the curse side of things yet.

The alternate thing you could do is download Forge and install it (Forge 1558 for 1.7.10) to a basic minecraft install itself.

tigin88

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded beta .12 for my existing world. I cannot open Thaum- master decent blind bag. it just gives another of the same bag.