[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Aryssa

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a problem with his tails or player sprite. Has he tried morphing and/or changing his tails?

He's changed his tail and morph and then back to normal, nothing. Still crashes whenever he opens his inventory. :(

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
He's changed his tail and morph and then back to normal, nothing. Still crashes whenever he opens his inventory.
Could you have him get a crashlog when it happens?

In the FTB Launcher, hit Options, and make sure Show Console is checkmarked.

When he crashes, he can go over to the Feed the Beast Console window and hit Upload Log. It'll provide a link I can use to check on what is causing the crash.

Aryssa

Jul 29, 2019
Could you have him get a crashlog when it happens?

In the FTB Launcher, hit Options, and make sure Show Console is checkmarked.

When he crashes, he can go over to the Feed the Beast Console window and hit Upload Log. It'll provide a link I can use to check on what is causing the crash.

Hmm.. this is weird. His splash.properties screen is disabled again still and his RAM is set to 3.75GB (Highest), but now when he tries to launch the modpack, he crashes before he even gets to the Mojang screen (so he crashes at the black screen where the mods loading up would have been)...

Tokoshoran

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm.. this is weird. His splash.properties screen is disabled again still and his RAM is set to 3.75GB (Highest), but now when he tries to launch the modpack, he crashes before he even gets to the Mojang screen (so he crashes at the black screen where the mods loading up would have been)...
Does he have 64-bit java, or 32-bit? 32-bit cannot handle all that RAM, and will crash quickly.

DragoonPreston

Jul 29, 2019

Make sure he has 64-Bit Java and Java 8, I've had problems where the auto downloader installs the 32-Bit Version even on a 64-Bit Operating System. Some mods also will not work properly with Java 7, and can cause you to crash.

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Caigan.. look! i find simple but usefull, it's for waila, you can configure things you want
to show, see the mana... yeah... cool right? =D
if you what just ask and i'll let the config here for you, the mod is "Waila NBT"
12376088_1073249676038727_1363712818140866116_n.jpg

anothe thing...

for some reason decocraft just gone '-' i just downlod the mod and put back.. lost all the stuff in the world... not a problem... i can craft again... i don't delete the mod.. it just gone... =/
1937118_1073249672705394_111059241370032040_n.jpg

OH man!!! i lost all the itens... even the clays... ok... i'll let the deco craft for later.... =(
wait! compact chest gone too! OMG!
i'l try to downlod the pack again...

Well... after this nightmare.... i find a old backup of the mod pack.. but some thing call my atention... look...

this is my save now... i load a back up on NEI (i do this some times.. save me a loot....)
12362918_1073287809368247_2067562462652236586_o.jpg
so a load the same in my old back up...
10636761_1073287822701579_7945480770084911830_o.jpg
the compact bag just load in the old save... i get the itens put on a gold bag and my draconic chest.. to get back to my save... i don't know what do this.. but my FTB is acting weird since the last blackout last week... my quest book resets on regrowth too... =(

Last edited:

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
depite the fact that it can be useful it takes away from a part of the mod i believe is what the author said

well.. i get the point... but if some thing can help the player like "1000 mana" = "1 mana ingot" for modpacks like ferret B. it not so much.. but for modpacks like garden of glass... it's so much important to know how much mana you need.. or the itens you will need... so...

and it's not for the author... like NEI can be a problem for manny authors of mods... but it's usefull for the players... it's optional, i put this on mod pack for my own risk.. i'm testing, and show the results, like update mods too, i'm not asking for caigan... it's the way i like to play... for exemple... i like the mod "dual hotbar" i never see it on modpacks... i need optfine to play... if you look the image... my FPS is 10... without Optfine is imposible to play for me... it's my personal taste and need... i'm just show what works... and the problems.. for help to new stuff for the mod pack and avoid problems if i find.

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
well.. i get the point... but if some thing can help the player like "1000 mana" = "1 mana ingot" for modpacks like ferret B. it not so much.. but for modpacks like garden of glass... it's so much important to know how much mana you need.. or the itens you will need... so...

and it's not for the author... like NEI can be a problem for manny authors of mods... but it's usefull for the players... it's optional, i put this on mod pack for my own risk.. i'm testing, and show the results, like update mods too, i'm not asking for caigan... it's the way i like to play... for exemple... i like the mod "dual hotbar" i never see it on modpacks... i need optfine to play... if you look the image... my FPS is 10... without Optfine is imposible to play for me... it's my personal taste and need... i'm just show what works... and the problems.. for help to new stuff for the mod pack and avoid problems if i find.
i just said what was the authors wish , and i still wanna respect that despite some of the nerfs (Excalibur, eye of the flugel)
nei never was a problem in its self i believe the only "problems " were addons/plugins to nei like the one that showed all the bee breeding and tree breeding recipes (despite this feeling essential now )the same thing can be considered for walia's addons/plugins (though walia it self is much less necessary then nei )
yes i heard the personal need bit .i remember the fallen kanade next to a blood altar which people did despite the authors wishes .
which image shows the fps cause i dont see it ?

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
i just said what was the authors wish , and i still wanna respect that despite some of the nerfs (Excalibur, eye of the flugel)
nei never was a problem in its self i believe the only "problems " were addons/plugins to nei like the one that showed all the bee breeding and tree breeding recipes (despite this feeling essential now )the same thing can be considered for walia's addons/plugins (though walia it self is much less necessary then nei )
yes i heard the personal need bit .i remember the fallen kanade next to a blood altar which people did despite the authors wishes .
which image shows the fps cause i dont see it ?

the same of the mana on waila.. look to minimap.. the 10 is the FPS max i can get is 30... if i take optifine off 5 to 8 FPS...
===========================================================================================

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BOTANIA - MAGIC BEE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the beegonia recipe is broken... i've try to update the mods like Magic Bee, Forestry, and Gendustry + bdlib, but game crash, so i put the old ones back, i'm on Botania 245, by the way... botania have so much updates... it's hard to keep updated... =/ the original for the last ferret update was 221 i update 5 times!
21484_1073611442669217_4740472940296253913_n.jpg

10636660_1073611492669212_3233306410113670579_o.jpg
Please don't post large images in the middle of threads(Ok.. i'll fix my posts.. sorry =/)
Well the problem is the mana petals... they are need but.. no more petals... the other from magic bees.. has the same problem... well... no mana for the bees.. a'll let the bees for later... =/

Last edited:

hankham2007

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Caigan! It has come to my attention that this seems like a indie modpack. Is anyone else working with you? Also, I'd love to do voluntary voice acting for you. I have a decent microphone that I think will be of good quality. I can read the introduction and send you the sound file via E-Mail. Note I will do this for free, as my appreciation for this modpack. You can send me an email for me to reply with the sound file at [email protected].

P.S. - I love your modpack!

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
the same of the mana on waila.. look to minimap.. the 10 is the FPS max i can get is 30... if i take optifine off 5 to 8 FPS...
===========================================================================================

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BOTANIA - MAGIC BEE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the beegonia recipe is broken... i've try to update the mods like Magic Bee, Forestry, and Gendustry + bdlib, but game crash, so i put the old ones back, i'm on Botania 245, by the way... botania have so much updates... it's hard to keep updated... =/ the original for the last ferret update was 221 i update 5 times!
Well the problem is the mana petals... they are need but.. no more petals... the other from magic bees.. has the same problem... well... no mana for the bees.. a'll let the bees for later... =/
i think either minetweaker or mod tweaker could patch those recipes up (i dont remember which does the petal apothecary) yes botania updates alot compared to other mods its quite hard to keep) something about needing the vannila fire block to craft a flower seems very wierd ,i wonder why it reverted to fire and not something else
on the forestry/bee update stuff its simply u currently have to update all the bee mods at the same time becuase of what a previous change in forestry was .

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019

Botania's home page has a list of goals for what the mod should do, and one of them is, and I quote: "Refrain from showing numbers to the player to minimize the incentive to minmax".

Reactions: Everlasting2

Yello Pikmin

Jul 29, 2019
Botania's home page has a list of goals for what the mod should do, and one of them is, and I quote: "Refrain from showing numbers to the player to minimize the incentive to minmax".

That still doesn't mean that people can't play the way they want to. If anything, at best it's a suggestion for playing the way it was intended by the mod's author. But it's the player's singleplayer experience and I don't see why they can't tweak a few things if they feel it will be more fun, regardless of what mod authors say.

Reactions: Felipe Oyabu

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
That still doesn't mean that people can't play the way they want to. If anything, at best it's a suggestion for playing the way it was intended by the mod's author. But it's the player's singleplayer experience and I don't see why they can't tweak a few things if they feel it will be more fun, regardless of what mod authors say.
I understand what you're saying for sure, and I actually agree. Vazkii, on the other hand...

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Hope this is a good place to report bugs:

If you use Realistic World Generation, the Natura cactus and trees don't spawn in the overworld. At least, in my (rather vast) explorations I have not encountered any. The OP mentions that some quests can't be completed without using Biomes O'Plenty, so I'm not sure if maybe this is part of this.

Agricraft greenhouses spawn in villages with magical crops plants that have no purpose. They also spawn other magical crops, but I think that's great, it's where all my magical crops have come from so far, I haven't gotten the quest unlocked for them in the book yet. It spawns Ars Magicka 2 plants, and I think a few others, that you can't use to craft anything.

Love the pack and those silly ferrets, thanks for putting this together, it's quality work.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Hope this is a good place to report bugs:

If you use Realistic World Generation, the Natura cactus and trees don't spawn in the overworld. At least, in my (rather vast) explorations I have not encountered any. The OP mentions that some quests can't be completed without using Biomes O'Plenty, so I'm not sure if maybe this is part of this.

Agricraft greenhouses spawn in villages with magical crops plants that have no purpose. They also spawn other magical crops, but I think that's great, it's where all my magical crops have come from so far, I haven't gotten the quest unlocked for them in the book yet. It spawns Ars Magicka 2 plants, and I think a few others, that you can't use to craft anything.

Love the pack and those silly ferrets, thanks for putting this together, it's quality work.
the "bop is needed to finish all the quests" is a leftover from the previous pack update where bop was removed
the agricraft greenhouse issue will be solved next pack version *hint hint hint * u might wanna look at the craft recipes the seeds from magical crops are used for specifically the useful ones