[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Getting really frustrated with this pack. Now the cacophonium block quest isn't achievable without cheating it into your inventory either.

I've been progressing through the mods by progression through the quests. So, I haven't got to building an AE network yet. Haven't even seen a hint about it. IS there a quest line done for it? I can only assume it's hidden until I finish the some other line, likewise for anything beyond Computational Matrix line.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
oh, and another thing. a great deal of some extraTIC items aren't compatible with some mods. for whatever reason, you can melt down anything extratic counts as a melt-able item, such as "stable" unstable ingots, and you can pour them out as a block and whatever, but tool parts can't be made out of them. also for anyone else who's never tried making these tool parts, "Stable" unstable ingots, with extratic, can only be melted and casted into tool parts, and not via patterns.
stable unstable ingots have a special property(if u try to use them to make tinker's construct parts)) as soon as they finish pouring into a cast they start denaturing and when they fully denature that part is then un-usable for any tinkers construct tools/weopons and then the only thing that can be done with the denatured part is tossing it back into a smeltery
so u have to get them into a tool/weopon asap before the part fully denatures

Last edited:

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
In the most recent botania v238 it was a big change to the mod so hopefully the pack gets updated soon. Yes dayblooms, nightshade, and hydrongeas decay after
I think it's 2-3 minecraft days. So get enough mana to get a reg mana pool then 2 mana petals for endoflames then go from there.

just update the mod... i do this 2 times and there no problem.. i'm on 235 the armor texture are so cool!!! *O*
same for dracone evolution i update just for the new armor texture =3

12307922_1061135713916790_848579978862968907_o.jpg
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait! wait! wait!!!! the botania 238 is a big update... i'll test... the version 235 is ok.. is tested no problem with the mod pack.. but 238 -> so much change! by the way... Caigan... take a look on this new itens can be used for new quests...

here the change log: Botania

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
wait! wait! wait!!!! the botania 238 is a big update... i'll test... the version 235 is ok.. is tested no problem with the mod pack.. but 238 -> so much change! by the way... Caigan... take a look on this new itens can be used for new quests...

here the change log: Botania
wow thats a big change log, tx for mentioning it

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BOTANIA UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

version 1.8 240 tested.... OMG!!! it's so perfect! my FPS is ok now... (ok.. mekanism ore multple.. is a problem yet.. ¬¬) but endoflower no longer! =D so much thing change... só much... but no problem for the modpack.. but it's a great change if tou will update.. just look NEI... the recipes change but NEI shows...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Key of the King's Law crash the client and corrupt the save... don't use it!!!

in the version 235 the dice crash the client for me but don't the save was ok...

for now.. the only bug on this version.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the new mana pool is cool... but... what not doble size? =(
12310549_1066455536718141_3463191410197349327_n.jpg

12339657_1066455503384811_663757776700079485_o.jpg

12309820_1066455560051472_4869205887278333106_o.jpg

LOOK THIS!!! *O* (R1.7 231->)

12314348_1066457440051284_1790425325274302463_o.jpg

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
indeed ,but for this pack(one of the mods in the pack adds it ) its nei wont show u the recipe until u have the research done that would be required to see it in the thaumnomicon
Yep, the thaumcraft NEI plugin won't show researches or aspects you haven't discovered yourself.

Estimated amount of current quests?
Currently there are about 375-400 quests, not including 'gate' quests the player will never see, or Store quests. I use very few gate quests, keep in mind, since HQM has a hard limit on quest number, and I'm going to be needing all of them.

That has worked and he got past the Initialising Mods screen (which was a black screen) but now he is at the Mojang screen and he has just frozen there?.. 3:
Is his Java fully up to date, and how much memory does he have allocated to FTB? (In the FTB Options panel).

Caigan!!! why i can't find the chaos dragon island? =(
Disabled currently until I can test them better myself, to see how well they'd work with the limitations I have on DE and stuff.

Are the Botania dayblooms and nightshades MEANT to disappear after a couple of in-game days?!! *grrr*
Yes, its Passive Withering, and is meant to push players to stop using the very inefficient method of 'field of dayblooms', when the next step up (endoflames) is quite a lot better even if you don't do simple automation to keep them fed.

ok, so here's something that's bugging alot of people on a server i play. short veinminer blocklist.
I limit veinminer use on both materials and size (it was either 9 or 12 or 15 block max iirc), because enabling it for Stone, Dirt, etc makes a lot of special tools useless to me. It's meant for mining veins themselves, trees, etc.

also, when's the estimated time for the next update?
I can't really give an ETA yet due to the busyness of the month and that testing/fixing things right now is taking longer than I actually expected.

oh, and another thing. a great deal of some extraTIC items aren't compatible with some mods. for whatever reason, you can melt down anything extratic counts as a melt-able item, such as "stable" unstable ingots, and you can pour them out as a block and whatever, but tool parts can't be made out of them.
A lot of these materials to tool parts aren't pourable, but done in the Parts Builder instead. Melting them is more for storage or alloy creation reasons.

Getting really frustrated with this pack. Now the cacophonium block quest isn't achievable without cheating it into your inventory either.
Yes, this was a mistake on my part, I thought you could pick it up by breaking it, but it converts back to a regular Note Block. This is already fixed for the next version.

I've been progressing through the mods by progression through the quests. So, I haven't got to building an AE network yet.
Right now the only MAJOR questlines finished are : Botania, Extra Utilities, EnderIO, Minefactory Reloaded, Compact Machines, Progressive Automation. There are a bunch of smaller questlines finished as well (bibliocraft, decocraft, chisel, etc). Next update will also be adding Thaumcraft/Forbidden Magic/Thaumic Tinkerer/Thaumic Exploration questline.

AE2 and other questlines will be done in future updates.

Why isn't MineCraft playing nice with Windows 10? I mean they're now made by the same company!
I'm using Windows 10 and its working okay for me, though you aren't the first person to be having issues. Make sure you are using latest Java, allocating no more than 4 to 4.5 gigs to the launcher, or even get MultiMC and import the pack to it and use that instead.

just update the mod... i do this 2 times and there no problem.. i'm on 235 the armor texture are so cool!!! *O*
same for dracone evolution i update just for the new armor texture =3
I love the new Botania armor textures. The Draconic Evolution ones....just no, they look terrible. But thats why theres Armourer's Workshop in the pack. =)

wait! wait! wait!!!! the botania 238 is a big update
The newest Botania update is going to require a lot of small but important fixes to the questline. Mana Petals are no longer used, instead it being Mana Powder. The changes to Runecraft as well necessitate some dialogue changes.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
IMPORTANT NOTES

Given that this update is taking way longer than I expected to put out, and I'm not even to the serious issue of TiCo material and Corporate Shop balancing, I am probably going to split the World Balance update into two updates.

The first update will be adding the Thaumcraft questline, updating all the mods and updating the appropriate questlines for them (especially the Botania one).

The second update will be working on balancing TiCo materials, Corporate Shop and Supply Contracts.

No hard ETA on the first update, but I'll be shooting for getting the Beta out by this weekend, if time permits on my end.

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
I love the new Botania armor textures. The Draconic Evolution ones....just no, they look terrible. But thats why theres Armourer's Workshop in the pack. =)

Well... the draconic ones... i agreed... but better then old ones =P
by the way i have to take a look on armor's workshop... i don't give much atention just complete the quest... ^^''

The newest Botania update is going to require a lot of small but important fixes to the questline. Mana Petals are no longer used, instead it being Mana Powder. The changes to Runecraft as well necessitate some dialogue changes.

the big change is about the mana petals, and mana dust... i like, is more simple, but is a problem for the quest... welll i heve to say.. i just do the itens of botania for need... so i gorget to complete the quests... i'll wait for the update to complete ^^''

Given that this update is taking way longer than I expected to put out, and I'm not even to the serious issue of TiCo material and Corporate Shop balancing, I am probably going to split the World Balance update into two updates.

The first update will be adding the Thaumcraft questline, updating all the mods and updating the appropriate questlines for them (especially the Botania one).

The second update will be working on balancing TiCo materials, Corporate Shop and Supply Contracts.

No hard ETA on the first update, but I'll be shooting for getting the Beta out by this weekend, if time permits on my end.

pls!!! i just want exchanges and thaumcraft quests for now... the only thing for me to do now is big holes and put blocks...

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, the thaumcraft NEI plugin won't show researches or aspects you haven't discovered yourself.

Currently there are about 375-400 quests, not including 'gate' quests the player will never see, or Store quests. I use very few gate quests, keep in mind, since HQM has a hard limit on quest number, and I'm going to be needing all of them.

Is his Java fully up to date, and how much memory does he have allocated to FTB? (In the FTB Options panel).

Disabled currently until I can test them better myself, to see how well they'd work with the limitations I have on DE and stuff.

Yes, its Passive Withering, and is meant to push players to stop using the very inefficient method of 'field of dayblooms', when the next step up (endoflames) is quite a lot better even if you don't do simple automation to keep them fed.

I limit veinminer use on both materials and size (it was either 9 or 12 or 15 block max iirc), because enabling it for Stone, Dirt, etc makes a lot of special tools useless to me. It's meant for mining veins themselves, trees, etc.

I can't really give an ETA yet due to the busyness of the month and that testing/fixing things right now is taking longer than I actually expected.

A lot of these materials to tool parts aren't pourable, but done in the Parts Builder instead. Melting them is more for storage or alloy creation reasons.

Yes, this was a mistake on my part, I thought you could pick it up by breaking it, but it converts back to a regular Note Block. This is already fixed for the next version.

Right now the only MAJOR questlines finished are : Botania, Extra Utilities, EnderIO, Minefactory Reloaded, Compact Machines, Progressive Automation. There are a bunch of smaller questlines finished as well (bibliocraft, decocraft, chisel, etc). Next update will also be adding Thaumcraft/Forbidden Magic/Thaumic Tinkerer/Thaumic Exploration questline.

AE2 and other questlines will be done in future updates.

I'm using Windows 10 and its working okay for me, though you aren't the first person to be having issues. Make sure you are using latest Java, allocating no more than 4 to 4.5 gigs to the launcher, or even get MultiMC and import the pack to it and use that instead.

Java being up to date is actually what broke all MC (vanilla and modded) for me... and of course Java uninstalled the previous update the ONE time it would have been useful for it not to.

Last edited:

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
are u using factorys with upgrades or just several of the normal machines with upgrades ?

well... so much machines and most upgraded... normal and incomum ores X3 gold and shining x5 i think the problem is the light update of the machines, liquid and gás... it's so much things..

i just close the game... and take some like 3-5mins to open.. i need to sleep... but later i'll take some imagens of my setup..

mrminesheeps

Jul 29, 2019
stable unstable ingots have a special property(if u try to use them to make tinker's construct parts)) as soon as they finish pouring into a cast they start denaturing and when they fully denature that part is then un-usable for any tinkers construct tools/weopons and then the only thing that can be done with the denatured part is tossing it back into a smeltery
so u have to get them into a tool/weopon asap before the part fully denatures
well that's the thing. i know that. i've made the tool before on Crundee Craft. but it won't pour into a cast at all.

mrminesheeps

Jul 29, 2019
i just checked if it can be made with the mobius stable ingots... melting them in a smeltery makes the same stuff you would get if you melted a a stable ingot made out of the nuggets. so it seems pointless to try. all put, the unstable recipes are broken as of now. my bet is that it's ExtraTic, as it handles the unstable tool parts addition.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Just updating folks on the progress.

Thaumcraft quest testing is done, lots of bug fixes. Blind Bags have been made and filled. Now I'm going through and updating all the mods, as well as their associated questlines if they have them (Botania is the major one thats going to take a bit of work)

9e8qGo0.png

Gold borders are 'Master' bags. Black borders are the bags that contain the items themselves.

Reactions: An0nymuS

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
Just updating folks on the progress.

Thaumcraft quest testing is done, lots of bug fixes. Blind Bags have been made and filled. Now I'm going through and updating all the mods, as well as their associated questlines if they have them (Botania is the major one thats going to take a bit of work)

9e8qGo0.png

Gold borders are 'Master' bags. Black borders are the bags that contain the items themselves.

the good thing is... botania don't change so much for the quests, and is so much simple, to use =)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
the good thing is... botania don't change so much for the quests, and is so much simple, to use =)
Well, its a bit more than just quests, since removing some items (mana petals) means I need to dig into the blind bags and rewards and replace them with the appropriate things. =)

Aryssa

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering (since I am new to the modpack) but if you add more updates/questlines do we need to update or anything? If so, how (without corrupting or deleting my world) :D Thanks

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Just wondering (since I am new to the modpack) but if you add more updates/questlines do we need to update or anything? If so, how (without corrupting or deleting my world) :D Thanks
yes u will need to update , but it is as simple as updating to the newer version of the pack most times . (aside from things caused by mod updates, i think the only change to worlds themselves will be magical crops being removed from the mod pack ) which should not be a real issue.

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
As Everlasting2 said, Magical Crops is being removed and completely replaced with Fluxed Crystals. Before updating, put any magical crops that you may have into your crafting grid, which will turn them into the Fluxed Crystals equivalent.