[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I'm planning on one major questline (and its a doozy...) and hopefully a couple of smaller ones (things like Storage Drawers or whatnot which can be between 1 and 10 quests is a 'small' quest line).
Yay! I hope I'm not the only one who likes storage drawers more than Jabba...

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
It's okay, I just realized I mighta sounded a bit short there, didn't mean to! This thread moves fast in sudden spurts so kinda easy to lose track of meaning or the thread of conversation =)
Yeah, Figured you didn't mean to sound "short" there (that's a good description of that sort of tone, I'll try to remember that for future reference.). *insert distant "who you calling short?!?"*

KyunaKyuna

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately it ooks like your Compact Machines got corrupted somehow.

If a force update in the FTB Options menu doesn't fix it, it means the compact machine folder in that World is broken and you're unfortunately going to have to wipe it.

Thanks,I didn't know about Force Update. Worked well on a similar problem.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
You know how right-clicking on the right part of an Ender IO item conduit puts in chat what machines it's connected to?

Don't click on that part if the pipe's connected to progressive automation machines. It'll completely crash your game (a close crash, MC closes).

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
The quest "A guide to contracts" just randomly resets instead of every 7 days. First few MC days in that world and I completed that thing over 10 times, then the next MC YEAR nothing. Suddenly it wants me to complete it again...

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
The quest "A guide to contracts" just randomly resets instead of every 7 days. First few MC days in that world and I completed that thing over 10 times, then the next MC YEAR nothing. Suddenly it wants me to complete it again...
Same, I could only turn it in once. It then constantly told me that the cooldown was 7 days, all the time. I cheated the quest complete with "/hqm edit", but now it's gone back to permanently 7 days.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Same, I could only turn it in once. It then constantly told me that the cooldown was 7 days, all the time. I cheated the quest complete with "/hqm edit", but now it's gone back to permanently 7 days.
Now it's twice in a row that it's doing what it's supposed to

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
HQM currently acts very weird when it comes to 'timed repeat' quests, one reason I switched to the 'turn in as many as you want' system, so I'll change up the Guide to Contracts one as well.

carbry

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!
firstly I apologize for my English I use google translation. I am French :)

I LOVE your modpack Caigan !!! I LOVE the blind bag: D
It's a real treat to play on this modpack it is in my top 3! and my daughters 11 and 14 and also the love despite having some difficulties with English, they do quite well!

I wanted to ask you why you did not use AT launcher. Is it difficult for modpack designers to use? As for users, it is very simple, fast, convenient with its backup system and session cloned and when there are updates does not launch the modpack which is convenient to update in advance. Having recurrent connection problems, FTB and Curse ask me worries launch (login) and updates. At launcher that easily allows me to share on the LAN a modpack updated with my daughters. I still have not figured out how to do with FTB or Curse.

I look forward to your last update to start playing and have many blind bags: D
Caigan thank you very much for all those hours spent on this modpack, which then allows us to also spend hours playing: D

ps: there is a problem with the document MOD LIST or then my connection is still playing tricks on me ? -_- "

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
ps: there is a problem with the document MOD LIST or then my connection is still playing tricks on me ? -_-
i can open it just fine i just checked
we already have a mod for backups in the pack so why would we need something else to do it ?
I look forward to your last update to start playing and have many blind bags: D
i think google translate failed u right there specifically with the spot the word last is in

Reactions: Pudding01

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to ask you why you did not use AT launcher. Is it difficult for modpack designers to use? As for users, it is very simple, fast, convenient with its backup system and session cloned and when there are updates does not launch the modpack which is convenient to update in advance. Having recurrent connection problems, FTB and Curse ask me worries launch (login) and updates. At launcher that easily allows me to share on the LAN a modpack updated with my daughters. I still have not figured out how to do with FTB or Curse.
Mostly because the more launchers its on, the more I have to do. Some of the mods have FTB Only open permissions, which then automatically are granted to Curse.

You might want to look into MultiMC. After you get an update downloaded from FTB, you can use MultiMC to copy over the instance and launch it from there. MultiMC also has functions to zip up a modpack into an archive that can be imported to another instance of MultiMC easily.

ps: there is a problem with the document MOD LIST or then my connection is still playing tricks on me ? -_- "
I haven't finished updating this, which is my fault. I have to collect a bunch of information for each mod, and it's pretty boring when I have a LOT of quest dialogue bouncing around in my head.

carbry

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
and thank you for responding so quickly !! actually I had forgotten multimc! I did not know the archiving function! Thank you !

for the mod list not worry !! I can not imagine the work that you are between quests, config files etc !! thank again for this excellent modpack!

finally, I did not have the courage to wait for the update I was too impatient to play again this modpack and started a new map tonight! pure happiness! I found a dungeon-"garden" with beautiful yin-yang perfect to start base and for crops :) (i like agricraft! )

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a fairly busy week, on top of everyone in the house getting sick, but I do have a little something to show at least :

OYwz1qm.png

It doesn't seem like much, but so far basic wand craft, alchemy and distillation and automation, basic wand foci, and basic infusion is covered.

There's a LOT to this mod, especially because there are about 5 other mods that are adding items to it.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
and thank you for responding so quickly !! actually I had forgotten multimc! I did not know the archiving function! Thank you !

for the mod list not worry !! I can not imagine the work that you are between quests, config files etc !! thank again for this excellent modpack!

finally, I did not have the courage to wait for the update I was too impatient to play again this modpack and started a new map tonight! pure happiness! I found a dungeon-"garden" with beautiful yin-yang perfect to start base and for crops :) (i like agricraft! )
courage?

I think you mean "patience".
Courage is what you do in the face of fear, patience is in the face of boredom.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
It's been a fairly busy week, on top of everyone in the house getting sick, but I do have a little something to show at least :

OYwz1qm.png

It doesn't seem like much, but so far basic wand craft, alchemy and distillation and automation, basic wand foci, and basic infusion is covered.

There's a LOT to this mod, especially because there are about 5 other mods that are adding items to it.
looks like a nice start but i feel it needs "make a gold banded greatwood wand " before you get to infusion becuase the infusion altar can only be formed with 25 of each primal vis which is exactly what the basic wand holds before its vis cost modifier is counted (110% avg vis cost )

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering, is the dimension you came from supposed to be vanilla minecraft or real life, according to the story?

carbry

Jul 29, 2019
courage?

I think you mean "patience".
Courage is what you do in the face of fear, patience is in the face of boredom.

HI
You are rigth !
the French and English are the two languages so different! the nuances in the expressions and the various meanings of words are sometimes different.
I think I should have written "I have not the strength to wait" at first sight, google translation takes me something worthwhile. :)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
looks like a nice start but i feel it needs "make a gold banded greatwood wand " before you get to infusion becuase the infusion altar can only be formed with 25 of each primal vis which is exactly what the basic wand holds before its vis cost modifier is counted (110% avg vis cost )
Yep, I haven't added the connections to the proper things yet, that quest wasn't finished fully when I grabbed the screenshot. I'm basically going through thaumcraft from the beginning,t esting each recipe and making sure I know how it works before typing the quest dialogue.

IxckxDo.png

Just wondering, is the dimension you came from supposed to be vanilla minecraft or real life, according to the story?
According to the story, it's not supposed to be vanilla minecraft, but its not exactly 'real life' either. I mean, The Ferret Business is apparently a big mega corp that also deals in magic and futuristic science at the same time. =)

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
According to the story, it's not supposed to be vanilla minecraft, but its not exactly 'real life' either. I mean, The Ferret Business is apparently a big mega corp that also deals in magic and futuristic science at the same time. =)

I can't help but think of The Ferret Business as Shinra. Or maybe even The SCP Foundation.

If I can make a suggestion: condense the wyvern/dragon equipment quests each into a single stage. They are pretty expensive, and you only get to see part of the cost up front. I can imagine how frustrated one might get after saving up a couple thousand chuck-e-cheese tickets (sorry) to make an awakened core and submit it for a quest, only to find out that you need a couple thousand more to finish said quest.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I can't help but think of The Ferret Business as Shinra. Or maybe even The SCP Foundation.

If I can make a suggestion: condense the wyvern/dragon equipment quests each into a single stage. They are pretty expensive, and you only get to see part of the cost up front. I can imagine how frustrated one might get after saving up a couple thousand chuck-e-cheese tickets (sorry) to make an awakened core and submit it for a quest, only to find out that you need a couple thousand more to finish said quest.
1. How is it the SCP Foundation? Doesn't the Foundation just kind of... take?
2. How do you unlock that quest line?