[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if it's intentional, but the toy solders are undeniably better than the stuffed creepers. Cheap vs. Inexpensive for the same material cost.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Caigan!!!!! =D
take a look in this mod!
Multidimensional Ores Mod:
Hmm interesting. Though I can do this via COFH configs, which would probably be better so we keep the mod count down.

Also, its better to link to minecraft forum / FTB forum / Curse Forge pages for mods instead of sites like 9minecraft, which can lead to fake versions, untrustable ones, etc.

it's normal find it on overworld? '-'
Yep, you can find special hives like that normally in the overworld.

Thornvines (Neither vines) are in both Cheap and Inexpensive plant contracts.
Yeah, little errors like this I"ll be fixing in the contract balancing.

I'm not sure if it's intentional, but the toy solders are undeniably better than the stuffed creepers. Cheap vs. Inexpensive for the same material cost.
Which means either I missed it, or one of the updates changed the material cost for them.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Another is "chain top" vs. "chain middle" and "chain bottom"

I'm not trying to find flaws, I just keep stumbling across them!

Edit: There's at least 3 types of Mutton. Two of which you only get if you manually kill a sheep. One is from magical crops (I think that's the one that'll be removed soon)

Last edited:

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
Also, its better to link to minecraft forum / FTB forum / Curse Forge pages for mods instead of sites like 9minecraft, which can lead to fake versions, untrustable ones, etc.

oh.. sorry.. i just want you to take a look on the mod.. i'll keep it in mind =)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Hmm interesting. Though I can do this via COFH configs, which would probably be better so we keep the mod count down.

almost exactly what i was thinking .
Another is "chain top" vs. "chain middle" and "chain bottom"

I'm not trying to find flaws, I just keep stumbling across them!

Edit: There's at least 3 types of Mutton. Two of which you only get if you manually kill a sheep. One is from magical crops (I think that's the one that'll be removed soon)
1 from harvestcraft
1 from witchery (must be done in a special way quite hard to randomly stumble on u will be deepish in witchery before u can stumble upon it
1 from magical crops
2 of them have to be killed by a player for it to drop ? does that mean cant die by nature reasons (drowning,falling to death ecta)or it has to be the actual player no execptions ?
whats the other one? i know it has to be the real player for the witchery one

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
almost exactly what i was thinking .

1 from harvestcraft
1 from witchery (must be done in a special way quite hard to randomly stumble on u will be deepish in witchery before u can stumble upon it
1 from magical crops
2 of them have to be killed by a player for it to drop ? does that mean cant die by nature reasons (drowning,falling to death ecta)or it has to be the actual player no execptions ?
whats the other one? i know it has to be the real player for the witchery one
Grinder (non-manual) gets you Project Zulu type mutton, nothing else.

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
What advantage does the shinny pickaxe have over others?
None, I just had extra shiny metal and it has lots of durability.

Edit: I have a large Magical Crops collection that I've stolen from villages, so I just used the crops to get the shiny, so it was cheap and good. I could build a smeltery and make a better pickaxe (which I assume is what you thought I did), but I'm honestly just not feeling like gathering the materials for a smeltery. I could, and it would be easy, but I just don't feel like it.

GreatEmrys

Jul 29, 2019
Is it something in the pack or an update to blood magic that has caused the water & lava sigil to not be able to be put into bound armor?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Is it something in the pack or an update to blood magic that has caused the water & lava sigil to not be able to be put into bound armor?
i read about this error before and also the workaround try inserting the water/lava sigil into the socket by hopper (treat the socket as a 1 item slot inventory

RonceOfTheWall

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i'm a french guy having fun on your modpack since now 1 month but a problem occured, when i'm launching my world, it's coming back on the main menu.
I think that's the concerned error:
[14:05:59] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: The following problems were captured during this phase
[14:05:59] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: Caught exception from CompactMachines
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format
at org.dave.CompactMachines.handler.SharedStorageHandler.load(SharedStorageHandler.java:213) ~[SharedStorageHandler.class:?]
at org.dave.CompactMachines.handler.SharedStorageHandler.<init>(SharedStorageHandler.java:94) ~[SharedStorageHandler.class:?]
at org.dave.CompactMachines.handler.SharedStorageHandler.reloadStorageHandler(SharedStorageHandler.java:113) ~[SharedStorageHandler.class:?]
at org.dave.CompactMachines.CompactMachines.preServerStart(CompactMachines.java:63) ~[CompactMachines.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:532) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119) [LoadController.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.serverAboutToStart(Loader.java:859) [Loader.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.handleServerAboutToStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:273) [FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:91) [bsx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [?:?]
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format
at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readHeader(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_74796_a(CompressedStreamTools.java:29) ~[du.class:?]
at org.dave.CompactMachines.handler.SharedStorageHandler.load(SharedStorageHandler.java:204) ~[SharedStorageHandler.class:?]
... 33 more

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i'm a french guy having fun on your modpack since now 1 month but a problem occured, when i'm launching my world, it's coming back on the main menu.
I think that's the concerned error:
[14:05:59] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: The following problems were captured during this phase
[14:05:59] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: Caught exception from CompactMachines
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format
at org.dave.CompactMachines.handler.SharedStorageHandler.load(SharedStorageHandler.java:213) ~[SharedStorageHandler.class:?]
at org.dave.CompactMachines.handler.SharedStorageHandler.<init>(SharedStorageHandler.java:94) ~[SharedStorageHandler.class:?]
at org.dave.CompactMachines.handler.SharedStorageHandler.reloadStorageHandler(SharedStorageHandler.java:113) ~[SharedStorageHandler.class:?]
at org.dave.CompactMachines.CompactMachines.preServerStart(CompactMachines.java:63) ~[CompactMachines.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:532) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448-1.7.10-universal.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119) [LoadController.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.serverAboutToStart(Loader.java:859) [Loader.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.handleServerAboutToStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:273) [FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:91) [bsx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [?:?]
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format
at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readHeader(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_75]
at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_74796_a(CompressedStreamTools.java:29) ~[du.class:?]
at org.dave.CompactMachines.handler.SharedStorageHandler.load(SharedStorageHandler.java:204) ~[SharedStorageHandler.class:?]
... 33 more
Unfortunately it ooks like your Compact Machines got corrupted somehow.

If a force update in the FTB Options menu doesn't fix it, it means the compact machine folder in that World is broken and you're unfortunately going to have to wipe it.

To do that, go to /minecraft/saves/[world name]/ and delete the CompactMachines folder.

IMPORTANT EDIT : THough, if you have been using the latest version, you have AromaBackups every 60 minutes of gameplay.

To recover your compact machines via this method :

1. Go to /minecraft/saves/[world name]/ folder and delete the CompactMachines folder
  2. Go back and go to /minecraft/backups/[world name]/2015/.
    1. The folders here are Month (10) then Day (20 or 21), then the zip files are the previous saves. Go to the set of folders you last started having errors on (so if you started having them yesterday, you'd go to /10/20/
  3. The Zip files here are backups of your world. The newest backups will have a higher number. Open up the latest one and go to the /minecraft/saves/[your world]/ folder inside it.
  4. In file explorer, go back to /minecraft/saves/[world name]. Drag the CompactMachines folder from the ZIP file you still have open into this folder.
  5. Try opening the world again.
  6. If this doesn't fix it, repeat using an older backup.

Last edited:
Reactions: KyunaKyuna

RonceOfTheWall

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately it ooks like your Compact Machines got corrupted somehow.

If a force update in the FTB Options menu doesn't fix it, it means the compact machine folder in that World is broken and you're unfortunately going to have to wipe it.

To do that, go to /minecraft/saves/[world name]/ and delete the CompactMachines folder.
Oh f***, i'm trying to force update and i will say you.. It means i will lose everything in my compact machine?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh f***, i'm trying to force update and i will say you.. It means i will lose everything in my compact machine?
Force Update won't touch your saves folder, your world will be fine.

Look at my edit above real quick to see Aroma Backups, these might save your Compact Machine world.