[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Seed and location?
It looked like 5 separate, keep in mind that I only saw it from a distance, so the "group" may actually be tendrils off of a larger one.

The world is with realistic world gen "alpha" is (without quotes): "2549221861778301022"

The way-point I have for the large group is at: X:-249, Z:-201

There's a tiny tainted lands RIGHT next to a village at: X: 157, Z:34

I'm making a new world and hoping that there's no taint nearby this time...

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
It looked like 5 separate, keep in mind that I only saw it from a distance, so the "group" may actually be tendrils off of a larger one.
RWG biome generation and tainted biome generation might be slightly futzing with each other. If this is the case, I'll turn down rarity of the tainted biomes.

But right now it might just be a random bad luck seed for you. We'll see!

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
I'm surprised at how much dislike there is for Thaumcraft here. I've played it since TC2 and I think it's one of the best content mods out there. Largely due to the fact that it's got some of the best in-game help (the thaumnomicon) out of any mod that I've played. Taint is scary early on, but as long as you build your house far enough that it isn't chunkloaded, you should be fine. Hungry nodes, though... those are BS.

Is there a quest that sells awakened draconium? Or are those reward-bag only? In 0.1.0 I had bought the sword and a few other bits, but after loading up 0.1.1 that page of my book was in a slightly broken state. The awakened draconium armor quest was marked as complete (and unavailable, despite it being repeatable) so I loaded up an edit book and unmarked it. I figured that one was just due to something like quest IDs changing between versions. I see quests to buy awakened armor, tools, and weapons. But those quests require the awakened cores, which are crafted from awakened ingots, and I don't see a way to buy awakened ingots.

Edit: Some thoughts on the new auto exchange methods:
For the tiered exchange rates, it might make sense to use TE's induction smelter instead of the alloy furnace. The induction smelter has 2 input and 2 outputs, so you could have for example 5 coins + diamond token yield 1 voucher + diamond token, and eliminate the need to periodically submit the quest manually to restock tokens.
If you are still doing major overhauls to the system, consider stacking things in powers of 9. Instead of 20 coins == 1 coin bag, consider something like 81 coins == 9 coin stacks == 1 coin bag. That way they can be done in the crafting grid rather than requiring intermediate exchange quests. That is, unless you're phasing out coin bags and such entirely.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sungak and An0nymuS

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I'm surprised at how much dislike there is for Thaumcraft here. I've played it since TC2 and I think it's one of the best content mods out there. Largely due to the fact that it's got some of the best in-game help (the thaumnomicon) out of any mod that I've played. Taint is scary early on, but as long as you build your house far enough that it isn't chunkloaded, you should be fine. Hungry nodes, though... those are BS.

Is there a quest that sells awakened draconium? Or are those reward-bag only? In 0.1.0 I had bought the sword and a few other bits, but after loading up 0.1.1 that page of my book was in a slightly broken state. The awakened draconium armor quest was marked as complete (and unavailable, despite it being repeatable) so I loaded up an edit book and unmarked it. I figured that one was just due to something like quest IDs changing between versions. I see quests to buy awakened armor, tools, and weapons. But those quests require the awakened cores, which are crafted from awakened ingots, and I don't see a way to buy awakened ingots.

For the tiered exchange rates, it might make sense to use TE's induction smelter instead of the alloy furnace. The induction smelter has 2 input and 2 outputs, so you could have for example 5 coins + diamond token yield 1 voucher + diamond token, and eliminate the need to periodically submit the quest manually to restock tokens.
If you are still doing major overhauls to the system, consider stacking things in powers of 9. Instead of 20 coins == 1 coin bag, consider something like 81 coins == 9 coin stacks == 1 coin bag. That way they can be done in the crafting grid rather than requiring intermediate exchange quests. That is, unless you're phasing out coin bags and such entirely.
I like Thaumcraft, it's just some of the draw backs (taint) can get quite annoying when it comes in the form of world gen. If I want my world screwed up, I would prefer it to be from my own mistake, not some random number generator.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a quest that sells awakened draconium?
No, but you can repeat the dragon summoning ritual for more Hearts, to do the Awakening ritual again.

The awakened draconium armor quest was marked as complete (and unavailable, despite it being repeatable) so I loaded up an edit book and unmarked it. I figured that one was just due to something like quest IDs changing between versions.
That's very odd, I'll have to look into whats going on with those quests.

At some point, my partner and I are planning on forking the SAG Mill and Alloy Smelter code from EnderIO and creating custom Ferret Shinies machines based on them.

Also, you can make more Tokens just by putting one in a crafting grid.

As for Bags of Coins, they are merely there now to for storage and to make quest rewards easier, since some quests can give multiple hundreds of coins as a reward.

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
No, but you can repeat the dragon summoning ritual for more Hearts, to do the Awakening ritual again.

Oh, I didn't realize that the awakening ritual was enabled. I thought that everything was obtained through the shop.

The revive ritual is super expensive. Even more so in this pack where the draconium isn't in world gen. In other mod packs I used bees to resurrect the dragon. It's something to be aware of if you want to keep draconic revolution stuff expensive.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
The revive ritual is super expensive. Even more so in this pack where the draconium isn't in world gen. In other mod packs I used bees to resurrect the dragon. It's something to be aware of if you want to keep draconic revolution stuff expensive.
I'm debating whether or not to keep those, but I already slightly mitigated that issue due to many items you need only being purchasable anyways.

Plus very few people seem to go the bee route. I already have friends giving me sad looks cause an entire quest line is going to be nothing but bee and tree breeding =P

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, bees are pretty OP but require a ton of work. Unless you use gendustry, and then they become as OP as magic crops, but at least have an operating cost in the form of RF.

Also, you can make more Tokens just by putting one in a crafting grid.

Hmm, I don't see any such recipes. Is that in 0.1.1, or in an upcoming one?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pudding01

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I used bees to resurrect the dragon.
i thought that was myth nothing more , do you place a bee with the resurrecting trait in a apiary in the end with the dragon egg placed down or do u drop the egg next to the hive ? when i heard of that long ago i tried re-summoning the dragon that way but i never figured it. What exactly u do with the relevant bee and the dragon egg

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014

I can't even make nitor correctly even with help from youtube videos :/

GreatEmrys

Jul 29, 2019
I can't even make nitor correctly even with help from youtube videos :/

What type of issues are you having with it though? There's a few things I can think of that can go wrong. Firstly is making sure it is the crucible, which means you've right clicked it with the wand. Making sure there is something underneath to heat, be it lava, fire, etc... (Ironically Nitor is one that can heat it). When you go to make it, you have to drop items in the crucible that have the aspects needed for nitor BEFORE you toss in the glowstone dust. If you are 1 aspect short, it will fail. If you wait too long, the aspects decay and it will fail. I advise using 3 coal, 6 torches at once, then toss in 2 glowstone & you should get 2 nitor.

the_void__

Jul 29, 2019
i thought that was myth nothing more , do you place a bee with the resurrecting trait in a apiary in the end with the dragon egg placed down or do u drop the egg next to the hive ? when i heard of that long ago i tried re-summoning the dragon that way but i never figured it. What exactly u do with the relevant bee and the dragon egg

You need bees with the resurrection trait which comes from phantasmal bees. Drop the egg on the ground while the bees are active nearby and the egg will turn into the dragon. Be warned that on death it will spawn the usual egg + end portal.

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
What type of issues are you having with it though? There's a few things I can think of that can go wrong. Firstly is making sure it is the crucible, which means you've right clicked it with the wand. Making sure there is something underneath to heat, be it lava, fire, etc... (Ironically Nitor is one that can heat it). When you go to make it, you have to drop items in the crucible that have the aspects needed for nitor BEFORE you toss in the glowstone dust. If you are 1 aspect short, it will fail. If you wait too long, the aspects decay and it will fail. I advise using 3 coal, 6 torches at once, then toss in 2 glowstone & you should get 2 nitor.

I probably am doing something obviously wrong , but I can't figure out what. (yes, this is a different modpack)

Solax

Jul 29, 2019
RWG biome generation and tainted biome generation might be slightly futzing with each other. If this is the case, I'll turn down rarity of the tainted biomes.

But right now it might just be a random bad luck seed for you. We'll see!
More like bad luck. Been trying quite a few worlds with RWG and I did have one of those that had like ~5 tainted biomes right next to each other. My current one has just one and I've explored _a lot_. Which brings me to note, that I have not found a single MFR rubber tree anywhere and only two IC2 rubber trees which did not drop a sappling. Also no saguro cactus dispite huge deserts. Natura does generate other things and MFR does generate sludge puddles so both are doing work, it's just the combination with RWG that seems to have some slight balance issues.

Also no jungle nor swamps anywhere, but that's just more of that famous bad luck.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
You need bees with the resurrection trait which comes from phantasmal bees. Drop the egg on the ground while the bees are active nearby and the egg will turn into the dragon. Be warned that on death it will spawn the usual egg + end portal.
thats the only requirement the bee with the trait working nearby then drop the dragon egg in ithem form next to it , i swear that was what i did that time does the effect take several minutes to activate or something or was there a config that disabled that working on the dragon egg

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
For the cheap plant supply crate, it's actually cheaper to use the SAG mill than to turn it in manually (SAG mill only needs one for the full reward while manual takes 2)

Edit: just saw the 50% thing... but there are modifiers to increase that chance (flint for example)

I put in 8 (manual would have resulted in 4 coins for example), I got 6 coins with the SAG mill + flint. Just pointing out a potential (okay, not really POTENTIAL, it IS) exploit.