[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

KyunaKyuna

Jul 29, 2019
If you are importing your old world, may I suggest getting rid of any wood turret bases before you transfer the save file over. I am getting a very odd graphics and sound glitch, which makes it look like the base has turned into a wood fountain, bubbling up mini wooden bases, but there is no block present in that spot. Kinda neat looking for the first minute or so, then, not so much and I could not remove it.

Reactions: Pudding01

KyunaKyuna

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. When I claim the diamond level exchange token and collect the reward, then some odd thing happen. Sometimes I can claim another one. Other times the option won't appear until I exit the book and return to it.

The new functions around this are nice. I have automated the coins I had stored in AE@ and am pumping them into an alloy smelter. Drop the exchange tokens into the system as well and carpel tunnel syndrome is gone! Thanks!

KyunaKyuna

Jul 29, 2019
In case you were stuck with the magic seeds, just put them into a crafting grid and it will give you the fluxed crystal version.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I followed Caigan's intructions but apparently I suck badly at MultiMC :( Halp? Using Java 1.8.0_60 64-bit and I've allocated 3.5-4.0 gigs of RAM.

http://paste.ee/p/HZiSI
Hm, that pastebin like link isn't working D=

If you are importing your old world, may I suggest getting rid of any wood turret bases before you transfer the save file ove
Ooo, I'll make note of that to mention.

Hi. When I claim the diamond level exchange token and collect the reward, then some odd thing happen. Sometimes I can claim another one. Other times the option won't appear until I exit the book and return to it.
That's odd...
I'm able to reproduce it occasionally. It might be another of the current set of 'odd HQM bugs'. I'll see what I can do to get around it.

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, that pastebin like link isn't working D=

Got borked somehow - might be paste.ee issue, am unable to re-upload. Here is pastebin http://pastebin.com/3ZAUGyHp . Also spoiler - apparently, it doesn't like more than 30k chars so here are just the crash errors.

[13:23:39] [main/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper/]: Unable to launch
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launchWithMainClass(OneSixLauncher.java:310) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launch(OneSixLauncher.java:394) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.listen(EntryPoint.java:170) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.main(EntryPoint.java:54) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at java.nio.file.FileSystems.getDefault(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at java.io.File.toPath(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at sun.security.provider.SeedGenerator$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at sun.security.provider.SeedGenerator.getSystemEntropy(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at sun.security.provider.SecureRandom$SeederHolder.<clinit>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at sun.security.provider.SecureRandom.engineNextBytes(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at java.security.SecureRandom.nextBytes(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at java.util.UUID.randomUUID(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at net.minecraft.profiler.PlayerUsageSnooper.<init>(SourceFile:19) ~[ri.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.<init>(Minecraft.java:197) ~[bao.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:129) ~[Main.class:?]
... 14 more
Caused by: java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Trailing char < > at index 58: C:\Games\MultiMC\instances\The Ferred Business 0.10.1 Beta \minecraft
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.normalize(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystem.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at sun.nio.fs.DefaultFileSystemProvider.create(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.getDefaultProvider(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.access$000(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.defaultFileSystem(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.<clinit>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at sun.security.provider.SeedGenerator.getSystemEntropy(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at sun.security.provider.SecureRandom$SeederHolder.<clinit>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at sun.security.provider.SecureRandom.engineNextBytes(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at net.minecraft.profiler.PlayerUsageSnooper.<init>(SourceFile:19) ~[ri.class:?]
... 14 more

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Got borked somehow - might be paste.ee issue, am unable to re-upload. Here is pastebin http://pastebin.com/3ZAUGyHp . Also spoiler - apparently, it doesn't like more than 30k chars so here are just the crash errors.

[13:23:39] [main/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper/]: Unable to launch
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launchWithMainClass(OneSixLauncher.java:310) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launch(OneSixLauncher.java:394) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.listen(EntryPoint.java:170) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.main(EntryPoint.java:54) [NewLaunch.jar:?]
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
... 14 more
Caused by: java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Trailing char < > at index 58: C:\Games\MultiMC\instances\The Ferred Business 0.10.1 Beta \minecraft
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.normalize(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystem.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at sun.nio.fs.DefaultFileSystemProvider.create(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.getDefaultProvider(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.access$000(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.defaultFileSystem(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.<clinit>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
... 14 more

Oh, that's an odd bug.

1. Okay, in MultiMC, select the instance. At the right, hit Instance Folder.
  2. Navigate back until you see the name of the Beta you put. (so you'll be in C:\Games\MultiMC\instances
  3. Rename the folder for the modpack. (Make sure there isn't a space at the end)
  4. Close and relaunch MultiMC

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, that's an odd bug.

1. Okay, in MultiMC, select the instance. At the right, hit Instance Folder.
  2. Navigate back until you see the name of the Beta you put. (so you'll be in C:\Games\MultiMC\instances
  3. Rename the folder for the modpack. (Make sure there isn't a space at the end)
  4. Close and relaunch MultiMC

OK, this is trickier than I thought. I did a bit of less specific digging and I did find some bug reports about trailing spaces with MMC's instances. Indeed, this sloppiness was also the issue at hand. However, the folder created by MMC cannot be deleted, moved or renamed because Windows explorer keeps throwing a tantrum that it can't find the path specified.

Somehow, the folder's contents are gone and the instance is gone from MMC. I've created a new instance with the exact name of an existing folder and MMC appended a '1' at the end of the instance/folder name and there are no trailing spaces. Managed to launch it this time. Gonna go have some pizza and then have some fun with the new version. Thanks for the hint.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
The damn fireworks now have two config files that need to be disabled, /endercore/endercore.txt and /ttCore/ttCore.txt

KyunaKyuna

Jul 29, 2019
Totally minor point. ((The Purple Typewriter blind bag does not show the typewriter image, it just writes it and then gives it to you.))

Last edited:

GreatEmrys

Jul 29, 2019
Outta curiosity, when will this new version be on the FTB launcher? I can't really use MultiMC, never works properly for me.

hankham2007

Jul 29, 2019
Eventually I do plan on having some sort of 'closure' for those who do a lot of the quests, not a solid 'pack end' but something.

What, I'm not quite sure yet. The pack is still in a bit of a state of flux, with mods still being shifted around here and there, and a big chunk of quests not even written yet.

I do have some ideas though...
Great idea! That would allow the player to continue playing after all the quests are done! I'm glad that more things are planned. Please, take your time to polish and develop your pack. It has so much potential; I look forward to seeing what this modpack will come to be!
P.S. - I like how you respond to most people who post on your pack. Most people don't take the time to listen to their fans, let alone respond to them. Glad to see you're different :D! Keep it up. Also, is there any way to support this mod pack in terms of donations, contributions, volunteer work, testing, etc.? I'd love to help make this pack grow! Thanks!

KyunaKyuna

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan wrote regarding the FTB date:

I have to go back to Chicago for a day some time this week to deal with the last of the legal work for the death in our family. If there are not many critical bugs and it does not interfere with the travel plans, the hope is to send this to the FTB team Thursday.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Totally minor point. ((The Purple Typewriter blind bag does not show the typewriter image, it just writes it and then gives it to you.))
Huh odd.

Outta curiosity, when will this new version be on the FTB launcher? I can't really use MultiMC, never works properly for me.
Strange, what issues do you have with MultiMC?

The alternate you could do is install forge yourself to a new profile on the basic MC Launcher.

Otherwise, the plan is to submit the pack on Thursday, and it'll take a couple days to be approved and pushed to the FTB Launcher, and after thta less than a day for it to sync to Curse client.

Great idea! That would allow the player to continue playing after all the quests are done
Yeah, after all that work, I don't want a 'you gotta pull the lever yourself and die, vault dweller' situation. So, I do plan on having folks return to the 'Ferret Business' in some way, but can go back and forth after its unlocked, so you can finish the last quests, or keep going with building your base and stuff.

Reactions: Violette13

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Haven't started building or questing so far, I just spent a few hours exploring and collecting stuff.

I like the Project Zulu addition, this wildlife is what Minecraft was missing imo.

I'm a bit mixed on the Realistic World Generation. The terrain looks interesting, but finding a pleasant base location wasn't easy for some reason. Also, cactuses. They need to go.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Also not nether rack only...it happen to nether quartz as well...I think I miss that out.
Yeah, it seems to happen when nether rack or any nether ore is veinmined. Not finding a solid culprit for it yet, doesn't seem to be as simple as rewinding either mod back to previous version, its probably a third mod not listed in the report thats causing the issue.

KyunaKyuna

Jul 29, 2019
I have a bad crash. I was up around 200 Y and put an Angel Block to start an Ender farm. Game locks up, runs for two seconds, locks up again. I quit via menu and on the first reload, the error happened again.

http://paste.ee/p/LOuZM

I also had the mining in the nether problem, though with nether quartz. I didn't know how to upload the log then and have since learned.