[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Wolfprince

Jul 29, 2019
Hoping someone can help me. Whenever i try to open the ferret business, i get a crash log...
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// On the bright side, I bought you a teddy bear!

Time: 9/16/15 7:30 PM
Description: Initializing game

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:252)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:452)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.8.0_60, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 366748944 bytes (349 MB) / 573571072 bytes (547 MB) up to 1431830528 bytes (1365 MB)
JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xms256M -Xmx1536M -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML:
Launched Version: 1.7.10
LWJGL: 2.9.1
OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
GL Caps:
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Resource Packs: []
Current Language: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Anisotropic Filtering: Off (1)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hoping someone can help me. Whenever i try to open the ferret business, i get a crash log...
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// On the bright side, I bought you a teddy bear!

Time: 9/16/15 7:30 PM
Description: Initializing game

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.8.0_60, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 366748944 bytes (349 MB) / 573571072 bytes (547 MB) up to 1431830528 bytes (1365 MB)
JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xms256M -Xmx1536M -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML:
Launched Version: 1.7.10
LWJGL: 2.9.1
OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
GL Caps:
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Resource Packs: []
Current Language: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Anisotropic Filtering: Off (1)

Okay, I think there's two things it could be caused by, one I'm almost assured of.

It looks like you only have 1.5 gigs memory allocated to FTB. You need to set between 3 and 4 gigs of memory in FTB. No less, no more (some folks can allocate more than 4 gigs, but for many people this causes issues)

This could be causing the second error, which is this

Is normally somethign I see with invalid/broken video card drivers.

Wolfprince

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Caigan. I just formatted my comp, so theres a good chance I forgot a few things. I'll fix that and get back to you if it doesnt work. much appreciated!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Caigan. I just formatted my comp, so theres a good chance I forgot a few things. I'll fix that and get back to you if it doesnt work. much appreciated!
Yeah, if you also just updated to Windows 10, the auto updating of drivers it does can cause the second issue as well. Both things to definitely check =)

hankham2007

Jul 29, 2019
Looks promising... What are some planned additions to the modpack? Will there be an ending or will you forever be in that dimension? Nice pack, by the way. Keep up the good work! :D

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Looks promising... What are some planned additions to the modpack? Will there be an ending or will you forever be in that dimension? Nice pack, by the way. Keep up the good work! :D
Eventually I do plan on having some sort of 'closure' for those who do a lot of the quests, not a solid 'pack end' but something.

What, I'm not quite sure yet. The pack is still in a bit of a state of flux, with mods still being shifted around here and there, and a big chunk of quests not even written yet.

I do have some ideas though...

KyunaKyuna

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

A request for advice. I am looking for good armor from the mods in this pack. But I don't use the magic mods or Buildcraft. Any suggestions that will beat diamond with enchantments? And I have a resonant jetpack with armour, might upgrade it to soularium.

Many thanks!

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Hi,

A request for advice. I am looking for good armor from the mods in this pack. But I don't use the magic mods or Buildcraft. Any suggestions that will beat diamond with enchantments? And I have a resonant jetpack with armour, might upgrade it to soularium.

Many thanks!
dark steel armor from ender io after its upgraded a fair bit is quite strong and comes with abilty to get some utility perks(its some of the upgrades) just remember to give it rf or its stats plummet if its charges empty 100%

Last edited:

recoil101

Jul 29, 2019
Howdo!
In Supply Contracts, I've opened up the magic seed exchange tree. Seems odd (and crazy cheap) for the extreme magic crate hand in that you actually hand in 5 vouchers and not the actual supply crate..... is that a bug?

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
dark steel armor from ender io after its upgraded a fair bit is quite strong and comes with abilty to get some utility perks(its some of the upgrades) just remember to give it rf or its stats plummet if its charges empty 100%

I am using EnderIO's dark steel armor and I am liking it a lot. The protection it offers is diamond-level (I might be mistaken, please correct me if I am wrong) and the upgrades you can add to it are very nice and not that hard to get/implement (I prefer that over the hit/miss of classical enchanting). I am not into magic mods too much so I don't know what those could offer (though I have dabbled into Botania and the Terrasteel armor is very nice), but I think IC2's highest tier armor is also awesome, but more complicated to get than the dark steel one.

On the EnderIO topic (I absolutely love this mod!), I've attempted to combine the farming station with magical crops, but regardless of the seed tier, it only harvests one essence. Is this intended or does it have something to do with the station actually breaking the crop sticks and turning the seed to a 1/1/1? I know magical crops will be removed, but until then I guess I am stuck with the MFR Harvester.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Any suggestions that will beat diamond with enchantments? And I have a resonant jetpack with armour, might upgrade it to soularium.
Yup, like others said, one of your best bets is Dark Steel armor from Ender IO.

Howdo!
In Supply Contracts, I've opened up the magic seed exchange tree. Seems odd (and crazy cheap) for the extreme magic crate hand in that you actually hand in 5 vouchers and not the actual supply crate..... is that a bug?
Yep, that was a goof on my part, was reusing an old quest that was no longer in use (current HQM, you cannot delete quests fully, they will always count to the 1023 quest limit)

Is this intended or does it have something to do with the station actually breaking the crop sticks and turning the seed to a 1/1/1?
I think its a cross mod issue with how they handle things, nothing I did intentionally.

Sibba

Jul 29, 2019
Great Modpack, im really enjoying it!

I want to request a way to handle coins, bags and vouchers a little easier though. Once you pick a market to corner and setup your automation, the conversion of currency through the questbook becomes a somewhat tedious. Perhaps a bankbook or a bank safe that could make that management easier. Thanks!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Great Modpack, im really enjoying it!

I want to request a way to handle coins, bags and vouchers a little easier though. Once you pick a market to corner and setup your automation, the conversion of currency through the questbook becomes a somewhat tedious. Perhaps a bankbook or a bank safe that could make that management easier. Thanks!
Already in the next version =)

Instead of Coin > Voucher conversion quest giving you shop reputation, items you purchase give you reputation amount based on how many vouchers they cost.

Instead, the Coin > Voucher thing will give you a stack of Exchange Tokens for that tier, which you can use in an EnderIO Alloy Smelter with the appropriate amount of coins to automate the exchange.

Bags are only for storage now, and can be automated via SAG Mill/Alloy Smelter (forgot which I set the recipe to off the top of my head)

KyunaKyuna

Jul 29, 2019
It seems to me that you should get a good reward for shipping crates of sushi back to corporate HQ. Rumour is that is how Caigan powers his mod making...

KyunaKyuna

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else running into a problem getting endermen heads for Ender IO recipes? I have been beheading them, but get the headcrumbs head. That won't work in recipes. The id on the head I am getting is 5918:2 and the one the recipe calls for is 1605.

Is there another place I should be getting endermen heads, other than killing them with a cleaver? Thanks!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else running into a problem getting endermen heads for Ender IO recipes? I have been beheading them, but get the headcrumbs head. That won't work in recipes. The id on the head I am getting is 5918:2 and the one the recipe calls for is 1605.
This shoudln't be an issue in the next version, since Headcrumbs is being removed (It was in originally due to all the Lycanites mobs, but with Lycanites going away, not much reason to keep Headcrumbs as well)

------------

Speaking of, my apologies for the wait. I got kind of sidetracked updating the Botania quests, as theres a LOT of additional stuff added, and some mechanics tweaks I had to mention.

The other mod questlines will not be updated till next version, otherwise it'll take a lot longer, as they don't have quite the helpful changelog that Botania does.

I also wanted to update an existing questline to see if it breaks HQM again.

Right now, I'm getting together and testing the Server version of the modpack as well, then I will upload the Beta to my mediafire and link it here. Hopefully within a few hours if the server version doesn't explode.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
THE FERRET BUSINESS 0.1.1 BETA

Client Download ( Mediafire ) (Alt - Dropbox [please only use as a backup])
Server Download ( Mediafire ) (Alt - Dropbox [please only use as a backup])

FORGE VERSION : 1448

HOW TO LAUNCH THE BETA
  1. Download and install MultiMC, and launch it.
  2. At the upper right, be sure to set up your minecraft account.
  3. Download the Client archive from one of the links above.
  4. In MultiMC, right click an empty area and select Create Instance
  5. Name it something obvious
  6. Select "Import Modpack" and cilck the [...] button. Find and select the archive you downloaded above.
  7. Hit okay. It will take a while and seem like it froze. Just wait a bit.
  8. When its done importing, select it and hit Edit Instance at the right
  9. In the Version tab at the left, click Install Forge. Select the version that ends in 1448.
  10. Double check the Settings tab at the left. Auto Detect your java install and test it. Also make sure 3.5 to 4 gigs of memory is allocated.
  11. Hit Close
  12. At the right, hit Play. This will set up the folders and everything you need for the next step.
HOW TO IMPORT YOUR OLD SAVE FOR TESTING (FTB Launcher Version)
  1. Open FTB Launcher and select the FTB Modpack
  2. At the top center, hit Edit Modpack
  3. At the bottom left, click Open Folder. This will open up the /minecraft/mods/ for your FTB install.
  4. Navigate back to /minecraft/saves. Select the folder for your world and copy it.
  5. Open up MultiMC and select the Beta.
  6. At the right select Instance Folder near the bottom.
  7. Navigate to /minecraft/saves and paste your world folder.
  8. You can now load your world in the beta.
HOW TO IMPORT YOUR OLD SAVE FOR TESTING (Curse Client Version)
  1. Open the Curse client and select the modpack
  2. Near the top is a button [...]. Click it, and select Open Folder. This will open the /minecraft folder for the modpack
  3. Navigate to /minecraft/saves. Select the folder for your world and copy it.
  4. Open up MultiMC and select the Beta.
  5. At the right select Instance Folder near the bottom.
  6. Navigate to /minecraft/saves and paste your world folder.
  7. You can now load your world in the beta.
IMPORTANT NOTES
  • Be sure to look at the Changelog! Most, but not all of the changes present, are documented. I'm steadily updating it with more of the changes.
  • Loading up an old world for testing will take LONGER than starting a new world, due to how many blocks and items are removed in this version (remember, multiple mods are gone)
  • When creating a new world, be sure to change the worldtype to RWG Alpha.
  • If you have stockpiled mod specific Blind Bags, some of them may be different now.
  • Most Enchiridion special books will be somewhat broken. They have been removed from quest rewards until I can fix them.
  • Magical Crops can not be purchased anymore. Convert your current Magical Crop seeds to the equivilant Fluxed Crystal seeds.
  • RFTool Dimlet Crates cannot be purchased yet, due to the heavy biome changes
  • Power Provider contract crate crafting has been disabled, as have the quest book quests. They are being remade and rebalanced for a future update.
  • Almost every mod has been updated to its stable version. Only Botania's questline and blind bags have been updated to match.
    • Draconic Evolution was not updated yet.
  • Open Modular Turret questline may not be finishable due to OMT changes.
    • Open Modular Turret blind bags have been rebuilt to prevent possible crashes from invalid items
  • Project Zulu creatures will not drop research materials just yet.
  • New questlines include Fluxed Crystals 2 and Aura Cascade.
  • The Server version is missing the JourneyMap server mod.
My apologies for taking this long. I ran into some server issues, and my internet connection started to degrade halfway through uploading. If any of the files are broken, please let me know!

Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday are going to be somewhat busy days for me, with important RL things such as more doctor appointments and other things. I will do my best to keep up with the thread and reply in a timely manner.

Many of the things I had planned, and are on the Trello, are being saved for the next update. I do plan on adding research drops to Project Zulu creatures, fix any bugs I can, fix the books, and POSSIBLY finish the new Power Provider icons and method for this version.

I have to go back to Chicago for a day some time this week to deal with the last of the legal work for the death in our family. If there are not many critical bugs and it does not interfere with the travel plans, the hope is to send this to the FTB team Thursday.

Last edited:

Panda413

Jul 29, 2019
giphy.gif

Thanks Caigan!

Reactions: Pudding01