[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
You know, I've been meaning to bring this up in the thread for quite a while.... Have you heard of Draconic Evolution? I think that, with some tweaking, it could make a very valuable part of the pack. I'd post you a link, but I'm still in my first five posts, so instead I'll say this: It's in the Infinity pack, if you'd like to take a look at it.
I've been considering it, since my original plans last year of DartCraft being added as a 'reward only mod' ala Magical Crops fell through with the mod author going quiet and not much happening with it now. I need to look into how feasible doing Draconic Evolution would be after this upcoming patch. I've run out of time tonight, I foudn some issues that took a bit of time to resolve, so should be some time tomorrow evening when I submit it.

Reactions: Pudding01

Bastian-Bux

Jul 29, 2019
For all interested into (german language) let's plays of this modpack, I'll stream this evening at around 18.00 CEST (central european summer time). If I'm lucky, 0.0.8 will be out already ... if not, well then it will be just some 0.0.7 footage and planning.

Stream will be done on twitch: Bastian_Bux, and I intend to hold it in german. Though of course, answering/chatting in english is possible as well (just need to get at least 1 or two episodes of german language LP done this evening) :D

Hope to see you, and both Caigan (modpack) as well as Haighyorkie (spotlight) ... great job.

Haighyorkie

Jul 29, 2019
For all interested into (german language) let's plays of this modpack, I'll stream this evening at around 18.00 CEST (central european summer time). If I'm lucky, 0.0.8 will be out already ... if not, well then it will be just some 0.0.7 footage and planning.

Stream will be done on twitch: Bastian_Bux, and I intend to hold it in german. Though of course, answering/chatting in english is possible as well (just need to get at least 1 or two episodes of german language LP done this evening) :D

Hope to see you, and both Caigan (modpack) as well as Haighyorkie (spotlight) ... great job.

I hope to be there when I figure out the timezones though I'm afraid I dont speak any German so I may pop my face in and just say hi :p

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
If that helps, it's 1.5hrs from now :D
Oops, I miscalculated time shift. I was planning on popping in for 10 minutes before everything got really busy, but I might not be able to now. I'll see what I can do!

I'd like to try to pop in and say hi at least to folks streaming the pack over twitch, hitbox, or whatnot. =)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Quick recap on some short discussion on Raetac's stream :

Magical Crops with Agricraft : Settings are changing to be more in line with Vanilla Farming of Magical Crops. That is to say, 1% chance in a Spreading Cycle to spread to an empty crosscrop. They also grow a bit slower than normal crops.

What I didn't get aroudn to talking about :

As a counterpoint to this somewhat heavy change, I will be adding a set of Supply Quests for Magical Seeds, letting you turn in between 5 to 8 of a tier of Magical Crop in for a new seed bag (I haven't decided yet how many).

Tevqoon

Jul 29, 2019
For the unfinished quest lines, it says we can contribute, but I don't know how. Is there like an email we can send stuff at? This modpack is amazing and I'd like to contribute at least a little bit because I love it so much!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
For the unfinished quest lines, it says we can contribute, but I don't know how. Is there like an email we can send stuff at? This modpack is amazing and I'd like to contribute at least a little bit because I love it so much!
Oh,b it of confusion there. That is story flavor text mostly mentioning you can finish the Initial Research quests and have those quest lines unlocked when they are added.

scourge728

Jul 29, 2019
so I'm not sure if this is intentional but I can't find anything in the configs related to this so I have an automated tree farm with steves carts it was getting quite full so I decided to pump it out and after not having success for awhile realized I needed an extraction pipe that was powered and getting ticked used a creative energy cell and a wooden extraction pipe and then the pipe explodes and sends the wood and stuff everywhere I have tried this over and over with the same result any help?

Also I have three other issues that are important

1. in mystic groves this happens
2hgcqrs.png

nmyz9u.png
is what this questline looks like but however this is what it looks like in the menu thing
4kifpz.png

and 3 in those instant cooldown bag coin quests you can just keep clicking the manual detect button over and over without clicking the claim reward and only get one of the reward

Last edited:

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
so I'm not sure if this is intentional but I can't find anything in the configs related to this so I have an automated tree farm with steves carts it was getting quite full so I decided to pump it out and after not having success for awhile realized I needed an extraction pipe that was powered and getting ticked used a creative energy cell and a wooden extraction pipe and then the pipe explodes and sends the wood and stuff everywhere I have tried this over and over with the same result any help?

Also I have three other issues that are important

1. in mystic groves this happens
2hgcqrs.png

nmyz9u.png
is what this questline looks like but however this is what it looks like in the menu thing
4kifpz.png

and 3 in those instant cooldown bag coin quests you can just keep clicking the manual detect button over and over without clicking the claim reward and only get one of the reward

I can help with the first item as the same was happening to me in certain biomes.
You can fix this temporarily by opening the BiomesOPlenty/misc.cfg file and changing "Enable Fog Colors" to false.

I think Caigan is fixing this in the next update.

Reactions: goreae

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
. in mystic groves this happens
Yep, in config/biomesoplenty/misc.cfg, set fog color to false. This should be fixed in 0.0.8

For some reason...you are missing the fourth quest completely, which is supposed to be to the right of the Blind Bag quest...

in those instant cooldown bag coin quests you can just keep clicking the manual detect button over and over without clicking the claim reward and only get one of the reward
You mean the Manual Submit button? Yeah, that is an HQM thing, you need to collect your reward first otherwise you will just keep feeding it stuff. Not really much I can do about that.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh, okay, that was an hour and a half down the drain.

Never go "oh lets update a mod or two real quick, they are easy to test."

And then update forge. and mods that need to be updated to work with it. Then mods that work with those mods that need new versions too.

Then realize forge fluid API was changed and a lot of mods have fluid that is throwing errors and causing issues....

Then start reverting back and trying to figure out what mods you did update can stay updated and not cause issues....

But...the update is now being uploaded for submission to the FTB Third Party Team \o/

Bastian-Bux

Jul 29, 2019
Ohhh, I'm an idiot :p I automatically think everyone is in the US for some reason so I was thinking it was going to be this evening. I'll pop over and see if you are still livestreaming but if not I apologise! :p

^^ Yeah, I often hear that from us-americans. But honestly... it's much more easy to remember your neighbours, if (even from the middle of the most populous country of the continent) it's only 250 miles / 400km to all of the 8 neighbouring countries.

So even from my very central german city it's only a 3-5 hours drive to places where I need to speak one of 6 different languages to get by. Compare that to your own situation, and you might be a bit more forgiving to your "idiocy".

Reactions: Pudding01

Bastian-Bux

Jul 29, 2019
OK, preparing for the next attempt of a 0.0.8 lets play start :D Did I mention that I love your modpack?

Something Raetcan and I where talking about yesterday during his stream:

- do you plan to add garden soil (garden core mod iirc) to the modpack? It's a good sink for outdated seeds and other organic matter... but might throw the growth balance a bit out of whack.
- do you have any ideas/thoughts on automating contracts? Raetac told me, that using the QDS wont work, but maybe there are other ways/plans? Maybe "mass contracts" that do except a larger number, so that the amount of clicking needed is reduced?
- the seed bags have been a bit of a pain to Raetac (I didn't count his attempts to get glowstone seeds), is there a way to reduce the chancyness? One quest for each seed might be a bit much, but maybe one (expensive) quest for each seed that is behind a barrier (glowstone frex behind the nether portal barrier)? Seeds you can breed right away (without depending on finding rare stuff and such) should of course NOT have separate quests... but be bred instead.