[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

chucknorris

Jul 29, 2019
I'm setting up Thaumcraft essentia and such and have found certain items aren't actually producing any essentia in the alchemical furnace. Pistons, wooden chests and wooden bowls all scan to show the appropriate aspect but don't show any number indicating how much each contain. Then when put into the furnace they burn up instantly producing no essentia.

Is this an intentional nerf of some Thaumcraft aspects or a bug?

Attachments

• TCbug.jpg
    TCbug.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 41

chucknorris

Jul 29, 2019
I've found a few more items like that. Vanilla hoppers (possibly because the chest ingredient) and furnaces have no essentia. Sticky pistons however work normally while regular pistons don't.

Reactions: RedBoss

Gibbergeist

Jul 29, 2019
i have a problem with the 1.0.8 update, it will stop loading when it hits "[02:38:10] [Client thread/INFO] [Railcraft] : Automation module: ore detected, adding to blocks tunnel can mine: oreSapphire, id=ixtile.bluepower:sapphire_ore@0 mate=0" why does it stop there and what can i do to fix it?
I've been having the exact same problem since the 1.0.8 update went live on our server. I get to the Mojang loading screen, and it will freeze there indefinitely (or at least an hour). The FTB Console has the above line as the last thing loaded.

I've tried:
  • Changing my RAM allotment in FTB
  • Reinstalling The Dark Trilogy
  • Reinstalling FTB
  • Updating to the newest version of JAVA (update _31 x64 bit)
  • Installing the wrong version of JAVA (update _31 x32 bit)
  • Reinstalling JAVA (update _31 x64 bit)
  • Reverting to an older version of JAVA (update _25 x64 bit)
  • Making certain all other versions of JAVA were removed
I'm the only one on my server (About 10 of us) who has been having this problem. Version 1.0.7 works just fine still, except that our server is already updated to 1.0.8 so it doesn't do me much good.

Dormaler

Jul 29, 2019
Hey please look in your "log" directory. In the latest log file 1 and scroll down to the bottom and post what is givin out. Or post the hole file as a file!

Gibbergeist

Jul 29, 2019
i have a problem with the 1.0.8 update, it will stop loading when it hits "[02:38:10] [Client thread/INFO] [Railcraft] : Automation module: ore detected, adding to blocks tunnel can mine: oreSapphire, id=ixtile.bluepower:sapphire_ore@0 mate=0" why does it stop there and what can i do to fix it?
My friend found a solution for his lady friend.

Updating Botania from r1.4-154 to r1.4-158 fixed the problem.

gufferdk

Jul 29, 2019
Ouch! That quarry recipie hurts. Seems like i'm going to do something inconventional and make a frame tunnel bore as my first bit af auto-mining.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
actually the quarry isn't that bad to make after you get metal former and a pump in the nether for lava to power some lovely geothermal generators after that i normally get a adv drill for resource collecting which with a adv lap pack ends up to be a almost a full diamond chest and about 10-20 stacks of redstone. only problem i have is you need the MFR to get laser which is a pain because of the slime which you always wanna have a ball ready to capture and auto spawn it so you only have to make 1 bucket of slime besides that Quarry can be made in maybe the first 20-30 minecraft days? depends on what you focus on right away.

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
The recipe for the Quarry is good could be harder. I just built all my Gendustry machines the other day so I can start getting into bees. Those Gendustry recipes are much harder than the Quarry recipes.... which I like.

normandy

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to share a personal tweak I've done to this pack: BigReactor components use IC2 nuclear reactor parts (i.e. Reactor Casings use Reactor Plating, Power Tap takes a Heat Exchanger, and Coolant Port takes a coolant cell). Makes it so that you actually have to think about early-game RF power sources for more than your first two or three machines. I'm still trying to hit a good balance for how many reactor platings per casing.

However, since steel is also much more valuable in this game, and I love multiblocks, I've also tweaked the RailCraft steam turbine to use way less steel (maybe half as much), but also use nether quartz (kind of like the BigReactors turbines).

I also like to add Iguana's Tinker Tweaks (but remove most of the tiering and leveling things; I just use it to reduce the number of modifiers available and so that the higher tier tools require metal, but also add replaceable parts).

Does anybody else have any tweaks to TDT that they like to do?

Also, is it possible to remove Minefactory Reloaded from this pack, and still have ways of automating everything that MFR does? The new recipes feel too grindy and don't address the problem of MFR blocks being magic one-block machines that do everything you'd want them to do, so I'm thinking of removing them entirely.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I know you said mod list is final, but if you ever do decide to expand I'd love to see Witchery fully integrated. Great nature/magic mod.

Also I think it would be cool if you did a custom in-game book or HQM series to cover some of the major progression changes.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
A quest book would be very lovely with all the changes maybe give 2 paths for steel with railcraft and tinkers with a quest before giving slime balls or magma creams always have a problem finding slimes and deserts for cinder pearls to make railcraft steel or maybe for tinkers giving about 10-12 seared bricks to smelt down for scorched bricks always find early game tinkers better way to go if u can get gun powder since you can make blocks of steel which saves ya alot of time.

Edit: Is fishing suppose to give plastic sheets? i fished out a MFR plastic bag and it had 16 sheets inside i was shocked saves me alot of trouble making plastic sheets.

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get Mana-infused ore in TDT?
The BluePower lamps are quite buggy, so I'd rather use the TE lamps, and I'd like to have a TE dimmed lamp in my mob spawner.

Dormaler

Jul 29, 2019
I got a Question! i cannot open my cc computers and turtles to pastebin! is there anywhere a configoption to tweak this?