[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
And early game steel is forced through either steel works or RC blast furnace.

Magic custom recipes will be done hopefully for 1.0.9, still waiting on the new MineTweaker to release so I can wrap those up. After that is done only maintance updates to the pack will be performed.

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I'll just post this as a warning here because I saw my coal-train acting funny and almost saw my base grinding to a halt: harvesters have been nerfed in 1.0.8.
Max speed is now one block per fifteen ticks, instead of what I think was four blocks per ten ticks.

Last edited:

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Tfox83 I know that you’re not taking mod request but you should look at adding Thaumic Energistics to the pack.
It’s a good mod that would really suit this pack, since can let you cross 2 of the 3 tiers together.

Ryonkemp

Jul 29, 2019
VbdHeJg.png

The Dark Trilogy is a modpack built by myself over the past couple of months. It is an on going project and still in a beta state so expect frequent updates and changes. At this point I have, for the most part, completed the mod list for the pack. Worlds started with the latest version should not require a world reset due to changes with the modpack. Updates will just include bug fixes and mod updates. This mod pack does not support adding or removing mods...IT will break. There are tons of custom recipes which mostly are cross mod.

So what is The Dark Trilogy?

The Dark Trilogy (TDT) is a modpack composed of three tiers of mods; technology, magic & nature. Balance was a key element in the development of TDT with lasting game play a priority. Custom recipes have been added to bring mods of each tier together with the overall goal of leaving no mods left un-played. However the three tiers are mostly separated, so for example if you want to only advance with the tech side of things magic will never be forced upon you. Only very end-game and OP items require two sometimes all three of the tiers of the pack to be played.

TDT is a great modpack for servers since it brings all different types of players together similar to the way FTB Ultimate/Unleashed/Monster did in the past. But instead of just having 100-150 mods with most players never touching half of them I wanted that to change. Most players are skeptic to try new mods but with TDT you find yourself playing and building with mods you are unfamiliar with just to progress, which makes learning those mods that much more fun. NEI is your best friend in this pack, it will contain almost all the information you will need to advance.

Modlist and change logs can be found here.

YouTube Let's Plays with The Dark Trilogy

@TheOnlyBentley's TDT Let's Play Playlist can be found here!
i have a problem with the 1.0.8 update, it will stop loading when it hits "[02:38:10] [Client thread/INFO] [Railcraft] : Automation module: ore detected, adding to blocks tunnel can mine: oreSapphire, id=ixtile.bluepower:sapphire_ore@0 mate=0" why does it stop there and what can i do to fix it?

Reactions: ImaRHINOgrunt

chucknorris

Jul 29, 2019
Has any ore-distribution chart been made yet? I'm trying to find out where emeralds can spawn. BOP has decent info but BiomesXL does not. Plus COFH is in charge of most ore generation, but emerald is not on that list.

Crindigo

Jul 29, 2019
Small recipe issue: IC2 basic machine casings require 8 refined iron/steel to craft, but the reverse recipe gives back 8 normal iron.

Mexibird

Jul 29, 2019
i have a problem with the 1.0.8 update, it will stop loading when it hits "[02:38:10] [Client thread/INFO] [Railcraft] : Automation module: ore detected, adding to blocks tunnel can mine: oreSapphire, id=ixtile.bluepower:sapphire_ore@0 mate=0" why does it stop there and what can i do to fix it?
Having the same problem and don't have a clue what to do

devryb

Jul 29, 2019
In the 1.0.8 update my players can no longer use the /cofh command
Not sure if this is the proper place to report this but the cofh github doesn't have an issue tracker. If I am missing something please point me in the right direction!

FireStorm020

Jul 29, 2019
Every time I try to use the osmotic enchanter from thaumcraft, the game crashes, and keeps crashing whenever I try to reload that world.

Attachments

• crash-2015-02-08_21.14.05-server.txt
    34.7 KB · Views: 42

WauloK

Jul 29, 2019
I wish they would stop trying to push the latest version of Forge since there's no more Cauldron and not much to replace it yet. Some servers need mods AND plugins.

FYI: You can disable LatCore, LatBlocks and TheTFoxMod to get it going on the last Cauldron.