[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

Deadlyapples

Jul 29, 2019
Had to set the java version to 1.7 instead of 1.8 and set server location to Atlanta. Seems to be downloading. I'll post more info when it has finished.

Zaid

Jul 29, 2019
everytime i try to download The Dark Trilogy it launchs as normal minecraft andf this show in the logs every time

Error while extracting zip: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream
Extracting (Backup way)
Error while extracting zip: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream
dirs mk'd
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.7.10 Please wait!
pack.json file not found-Forge/Liteloader will not be able to load!
Checking/Downloading 719 assets, this may take a while...

JjStAr992_Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT (even though this has been said a million times already):

CurseCDN and all other servers are being dumb little servers with this modpack. To solve this issue:

1. Open launcher and go to Options.

J9Xqv2J.png

2. Select Advanced Options.

3. Change Download Location from whatever you have to Atlanta, NOT ATLANTA 2!! Anything else will not work!

c0eoc52.png

4. Now you can download this pack in the 3rd-party packs section.

Sorry if this guide was unnecessary, I've seen a lot of people with this problem and people have had to answer this many times, so I just wanted to make a go-to section for people who don't know how to fix this ;)

Rubricae

Jul 29, 2019
Force update on the Auckland sever works to solve the "pack.json not found" error as well - useful for any Australasian players whom experience extremely slow download speeds from Atlanta.
Hope this helps others before the issue is solved with curse.

convictvx

Jul 29, 2019
hey, first of all i need to say i like this pack, nice balancing, made it all bit harder to get, but .....

it is about the laser drills, can u please reanable them. i noticed it is asked few times allready. ok i know they are a bit op but server staff and owners love them (they don't create those holes with flowing liquids)
also imo it is kinda redicoulous to setup a whole automated pink slime farm (from animal penn to a slaughterhouse with breeding) just for 1 or 2 laser prechargers cause i will not make any more quarrys than that amount and a lot of server rules are a max of 2 quarrys per player.

if u are thinking of a recipe to craft them maybe this might be a good one.

1st row : quadruple compressed cobblestone, quarry (or enderquarry) , quadruple compressed cobblestone
2nd row: bc laser, ic2 mining laser, bc laser
3th row: enderium ingot (block), ic2 iridium drill (or just the diamond drill), enderium ingot (block).

i think this is a nice recipe for it and players need to tier trough a few mods machines to be able to make them and it is not an 'hey i have 11 diamonds, let's make a quarry' stage in the game.

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
could this pack have a place for steves factory manager? it seems highly appropriate for industrialcraft ore processing.

Tokoshoran

Jul 29, 2019
This modpack seems pretty neat, but every so often my game up and freezes, and waiting several minutes doesn't change that. Is there a way I can optimize the performance to minimize freezing?

JjStAr992_Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of us have asked if you can include a recipe for the Mining Laser, and I'd like that too. Even if you link us to a MineTweaker script for us to install optionally, any way it can be added would be great. I'd go ahead and make a custom recipe myself, but I don't know what it would be, and the default recipe is VERY cheap.

plz? ;)

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any suggestions on battling severe performance issues in singleplayer? I've run Monster on this computer before with 2GB memory allocated, and it runs great. I've increased memory allocation to 3GB for this pack just for it to be usable, and it does fine initially, but then after an hour or so it gets really bad - memory usage goes up to 90%+, I start dropping frames, any kind of right-click operation causes the client to hang for several seconds, and having F7 on causes the frames to drop to 1 or 2.

So far I've been dealing with it by restarting minecraft every hour. Obviously this is less than ideal as it takes a long time to launch the game again.

And no, I don't have any major infrastructure set up yet that might be causing entity lag or anything like that - it's been doing this ever since I started playing the pack.

Reactions: Tokoshoran

Jagh

Jul 29, 2019
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT (even though this has been said a million times already):

CurseCDN and all other servers are being dumb little servers with this modpack. To solve this issue:

1. Open launcher and go to Options.

J9Xqv2J.png

2. Select Advanced Options.

3. Change Download Location from whatever you have to Atlanta, NOT ATLANTA 2!! Anything else will not work!

c0eoc52.png

4. Now you can download this pack in the 3rd-party packs section.

Sorry if this guide was unnecessary, I've seen a lot of people with this problem and people have had to answer this many times, so I just wanted to make a go-to section for people who don't know how to fix this ;)

I don't have any other options in that list, except for "automatic". Now what?

Tokoshoran

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any suggestions on battling severe performance issues in singleplayer? I've run Monster on this computer before with 2GB memory allocated, and it runs great. I've increased memory allocation to 3GB for this pack just for it to be usable, and it does fine initially, but then after an hour or so it gets really bad - memory usage goes up to 90%+, I start dropping frames, any kind of right-click operation causes the client to hang for several seconds, and having F7 on causes the frames to drop to 1 or 2.

So far I've been dealing with it by restarting minecraft every hour. Obviously this is less than ideal as it takes a long time to launch the game again.

And no, I don't have any major infrastructure set up yet that might be causing entity lag or anything like that - it's been doing this ever since I started playing the pack.
I'm trying to look into this, myself. For me, the game starts freezing after a few minutes, so I don't know if you've changed anything else on your client, or if mine is just having serious issues.

I don't have any other options in that list, except for "automatic". Now what?
If the download source cannot be changed on you, then don't download the recommended/1.0.2 version.

biinng

Jul 29, 2019
fv3lck9u.png

Hello. It's a great mod pack. Unfortunately, I can promote and pump liquids such as water or oil.

Tokoshoran

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. It's a great mod pack. Unfortunately, I can promote and pump liquids such as water or oil.
I'm not entirely sure what you're saying... Mind using some different words? Promote means to "Increase in rank," which in the context does not fit. Oil, however, can be "promoted" through the use of an oil refinery (What you've got there is a tank, not a refinery).

biinng

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry my English ist very Bad. I speak German. I Translating with Google Translate ;) .

kykqeiit.png

@Crhymez : What do you mean with the 'world interaction upgrade'

@Tokoshoran : I can not pump water from the river. From a tank yes, but not from a river.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry my English ist very Bad. I speak German. I Translating with Google Translate ;) .

kykqeiit.png

@Crhymez : What do you mean with the 'world interaction upgrade'

@Tokoshoran : I can not pump water from the river. From a tank yes, but not from a river.
I believe that's an issue with redstone engines not being able to provide energy for pumps anymore (in newer BC versions). Use something like stirling engine (or any RF energy producer) to get the pump working.

Reactions: biinng