[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

krouma

Jul 29, 2019
Somebody said it here before. When there are TC4 and AE2 there can be Thaumic Energistics.

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still playing this pack. It's got a lot of good mods, but it's less messy. There's some integration and a some nice tech tiers (most of which I end up skipping in the end).
I'm excited it's going to be updated again!
I hope this livens up this topic a bit again.

Can you (Gideon) tell us something about your plans with the pack?
I know the first step is an update, but what's next? Tiers in magic? Any concrete new mods? (I'd suggest MmmMmmMmmMmm...)

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I'm still playing this pack. It's got a lot of good mods, but it's less messy. There's some integration and a some nice tech tiers (most of which I end up skipping in the end).
I'm excited it's going to be updated again!
I hope this livens up this topic a bit again.

Can you (Gideon) tell us something about your plans with the pack?
I know the first step is an update, but what's next? Tiers in magic? Any concrete new mods? (I'd suggest MmmMmmMmmMmm...)
:)

We'll see. (Also kinda because I don't want to say anything today because who the hell is going to believe it?)

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
My main point would be to update all the mods since no modpack can be good with it being so out of date XD.

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
You can say that, but this version is quite stable, and there's something to say for that too.
The only thing that really bothers me about the pack is that the version of BluePower in the pack is just so incredibly buggy.
I know a lot of the problems have been fixed in recent versions of the mod though.

EDIT: And of course, RIGHT after posting that it's quite stable, I run into a bunch of bugs (Osmotic Enchanter which was mentioned earlier in this thread, and empowered Flux-Infused Pickaxe).

Last edited:

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
So any news on when update happen? would love to play Dark Trilogy again but would love to get the update before i start a world.

fireguy

Jul 29, 2019
Guys I am going to 1v1 a friend and I would like to ask how do I negate ranged damage? I will have bound armor and stuff.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Guys I am going to 1v1 a friend and I would like to ask how do I negate ranged damage? I will have bound armor and stuff.

Depends on what kind of range if its magic i don't know if its affect but projectile protection other if its physical range damage than good amount of projectile protection is the way to go.

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if in the Blood Magic version that's in this pack, but you can bind a Sigil of the Whirlwind in your armor to make arrows and some other projectiles miss.
Technically it's not negating damage, but it helps.

Tethlah

Jul 29, 2019
Question, I downloaded the 1.0.8 server, uploaded it, but when I start the server I get this:

Which library is missing that it says it needs?

Code:
07.04 15:19:47 [Multicraft] Server stopped
07.04 15:19:47 [Multicraft] Looks like a crash, check the server console. Return value: 1
07.04 15:19:47 [Multicraft] Restarting crashed server in 5 seconds
07.04 15:19:47 [Multicraft] Server shut down (starting)
07.04 15:19:47 [Server] INFO at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12)
07.04 15:19:47 [Server] INFO at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:25)
07.04 15:19:47 [Server] INFO at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
07.04 15:19:47 [Server] INFO at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
07.04 15:19:47 [Server] INFO at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
07.04 15:19:47 [Server] INFO at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
07.04 15:19:47 [Server] INFO at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
07.04 15:19:47 [Server] INFO at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
07.04 15:19:47 [Server] INFO at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
07.04 15:19:47 [Server] INFO at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
07.04 15:19:47 [Server] INFO at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
07.04 15:19:47 [Server] INFO You will need to add them to your server before FML and Forge will run successfully.java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch
07.04 15:19:47 [Server] INFO We appear to be missing one or more essential library files.
07.04 15:19:46 [Multicraft] Failed to obtain process information: NoSuchProcess no process found with pid 8043
07.04 15:19:46 [Multicraft] Loaded config for "Default"
07.04 15:19:46 [Multicraft] Starting server!
07.04 15:19:46 [Multicraft] Loading server properties
07.04 15:19:46 [Multicraft] Received start command

Flying Shoe ILR

Jul 29, 2019
Has the Iridium Drill been tweaked in this pack? I finally managed to craft one and I started checking it out. I found that using the mode switch key (m + right click) while holding it switches between Normal mode and Silk Touch mode, but not Fortune 3 mode. Is the Fortune mode still there, and if so how do you access it?

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, will the next version be 1.0.9? Or will it be 1.1.0?
I really don't want to have to re-create my world.
Since the next version is supposed to be updates, I have hopes it will not be necessary.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, will the next version be 1.0.9? Or will it be 1.1.0?
I really don't want to have to re-create my world.
Since the next version is supposed to be updates, I have hopes it will not be necessary.

I don't think you will need to remake your world since i think hes just updating the mods to the latest versions on the next update he won't be adding or taking mods away for a while so he can look at the configs fox did so he doesn't make a big mistake when working with the mods.

EpicEraser

Jul 29, 2019
Well a lot of mods are outdated, and it might be difficult to get everything mapping correctly, with worldgen intact.
Anyway, if there's not gonna be a 1.0.9, I'll probably just update myself.

Speaking about worldgen, I wouldn't mind retrogenning in some mana-infused ore (should be easy with COFH), to get access to the lamps.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Alright, I've basically got the update done. The hardest thing at this point is guaranteeing world compatibility. If anyone has a world which they've been playing in for a while, would you mind uploading that and sending it to me? I'd like to make sure nothing breaks when I release this update.

(The update, by the way, will be sent to both the FTB Launcher and the Curse Client).

Flying Shoe ILR

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I've basically got the update done. The hardest thing at this point is guaranteeing world compatibility. If anyone has a world which they've been playing in for a while, would you mind uploading that and sending it to me? I'd like to make sure nothing breaks when I release this update.

(The update, by the way, will be sent to both the FTB Launcher and the Curse Client).
I have a world I've been using for the last few months, if you let me know how to get it to you you can test using that. (not familiar with the process of uploading a world.)