[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
@tfox83 the 1.0.7 server version has a different twilight forest id as 1.0.6 which means people might think their twilight forest is gone or even run into the issue that the id is blocked by another mod, as twilight forest isn't dynamic about the id this would case the server to crash on start up. I don't think this change was intended, so I'll let you know.
Another config that reverted to default is the ic2 one, where the explosion radius is back on 45 ;) Not sure if there are more.

Last edited:

Snowcasso

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if anyone can tell me where i can find peppercorn trees? has anyone found any? I have looked for ages and never found one. I looked in the configs and it says they are suppose to spawn so i dunno.

Ikon106

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a list over where the ores spawn, as in what Y level, and where they'd be most common?

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
@Snowcasso, supposedly per Pam's Harvestcraft they spawn in "Warm" biomes. Not sure what constitutes warm, but per the Extrabiomes XL wiki, Extreme Jungle and Mini Jungle are listed as "warm". The vanilla biomes page only lists numbers for temperature, so not sure what they mean, but Jungle (and variants) is 0.95, Mushroom Island is 0.9 (not sure you'd find trees there though), and Savannah (and variants) is 1.2, which mayyy be too hot (it doesn't rain above 0.95). Desert/Mesa is most likely too hot, at 2.0.

That said, my Extreme Jungle didn't have any pams trees at all that I can tell yet.

PirateAE

Jul 29, 2019
B̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶v̶i̶a̶ ̶M̶M̶C̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶f̶o̶r̶m̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶;̶ ̶I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶W̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶l̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶o̶a̶d̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶T̶D̶T̶,̶ ̶m̶u̶l̶t̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶.̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶s̶h̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶n̶s̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶
"̶[̶1̶7̶:̶4̶6̶:̶1̶4̶]̶ ̶[̶C̶l̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶/̶E̶R̶R̶O̶R̶]̶ ̶[̶F̶M̶L̶]̶:̶ ̶F̶a̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶t̶e̶c̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶d̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶n̶s̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶P̶R̶E̶I̶N̶I̶T̶I̶A̶L̶I̶Z̶A̶T̶I̶O̶N̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶I̶N̶I̶T̶I̶A̶L̶I̶Z̶A̶T̶I̶O̶N̶.̶ ̶L̶o̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶u̶e̶"̶.̶

F̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶L̶o̶g̶:̶ ̶h̶t̶t̶p̶:̶/̶/̶p̶a̶s̶t̶e̶.̶e̶e̶/̶p̶/̶9̶j̶A̶f̶1̶ ̶,̶ ̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶9̶5̶0̶.̶

Disregard, The java arguments for more memory etc weren't on for some reason, turning on got it to launch fully.

Last edited:

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
@tfox83 the 1.0.7 server version has a different twilight forest id as 1.0.6 which means people might think their twilight forest is gone or even run into the issue that the id is blocked by another mod, as twilight forest isn't dynamic about the id this would case the server to crash on start up. I don't think this change was intended, so I'll let you know.
Another config that reverted to default is the ic2 one, where the explosion radius is back on 45 ;) Not sure if there are more.
TF Dim ID is still the same for me client and server, also I changed the IC2 explosion rates back up, they were not meant to be turned down and kept that way. Also the changelog is generated from a comparison program that compares every config file, so it would show me anything that defaults or changes.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
TF Dim ID is still the same for me client and server, also I changed the IC2 explosion rates back up, they were not meant to be turned down and kept that way. Also the changelog is generated from a comparison program that compares every config file, so it would show me anything that defaults or changes.
After redowloading and checking the server zip you are right. Looks like I mixed something up and only verified it with the ic2 config, sorry.

Mikester7

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all, tfox83, well done with the modpack, it is great and the attention to balance is very appreciated.

One thing though, I am struggling to find out how to get started with this mod pack. I read in the original post that you said NEI will be very helpful, and indeed it is, but I still don't know what I need to actually do first. Does anyone have any pointers when starting out? Even if you just tell me which mods to focus on first. I'm just kinda stuck ;p (haven't played mods for ages).
Thanks again

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
First step for me was iron based tools in Tinkers Construct. You can get to mid tier manual items pretty quick. Alumite Hammers rock. Get some mining going, get a farm going. Keep yourself well fed.

Then i went straight to magic. I've got a few Thermal Expansion machines, but they're just for ore processing.

I'm also working on an ME system. there are SO MANY FREAKING items in this game that a chest/barrel sorting system can only last for so long.

Oh, and I turned off infinite water, Makes it a little more fun.

EDIT: Don't forget to start growing some AE2 crystals from the beginning. having those ready later is invaluable.

Last edited:
Reactions: tfox83

PirateAE

Jul 29, 2019
im using MC iron based atm, My biggest issue im having is pams crops are dropping usually just one crop, rarely dropping 2 meaning i cant get food, more less grow what i have, only oak apples is really keeping my food bar full.

Menphis88

Jul 29, 2019
So i have a bit of a problem, running cauldron (212) on my server, and im guessing it doesnt have the same forge version as the 1.0.7 update of the pack, because it cannot start the server.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't be sad, have a hug! <3

Time: 1/9/15 1:26 AM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

cpw.mods.fml.common.MissingModsException
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.sortModList(Loader.java:244)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:472)
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:87)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:319)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:170)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:620)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 2.6.32-431.29.2.el6.x86_64
Java Version: 1.7.0_71, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 62380744 bytes (59 MB) / 233115648 bytes (222 MB) up to 8109031424 bytes (7733 MB)
JVM Flags: 7 total; -Xms32M -Xmx8000M -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:parallelGCThreads=4 -XX:MaxPermSize=256M
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'cauldron,craftbukkit,mcpc,fml,forge'
Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

Does anyone have any ideas? Or are people relying on plugins just screwed?
I can't have a server without plugins for grief prevention, security and features.
I really hope you guys have a fix for me, if not, then i guess i have to stick to 1.0.6 :-(

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
So i have a bit of a problem, running cauldron (212) on my server, and im guessing it doesnt have the same forge version as the 1.0.7 update of the pack, because it cannot start the server.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't be sad, have a hug! <3

Time: 1/9/15 1:26 AM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

cpw.mods.fml.common.MissingModsException
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.sortModList(Loader.java:244)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:472)
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:87)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:319)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:170)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:620)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 2.6.32-431.29.2.el6.x86_64
Java Version: 1.7.0_71, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 62380744 bytes (59 MB) / 233115648 bytes (222 MB) up to 8109031424 bytes (7733 MB)
JVM Flags: 7 total; -Xms32M -Xmx8000M -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:parallelGCThreads=4 -XX:MaxPermSize=256M
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'cauldron,craftbukkit,mcpc,fml,forge'
Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

Does anyone have any ideas? Or are people relying on plugins just screwed?
I can't have a server without plugins for grief prevention, security and features.
I really hope you guys have a fix for me, if not, then i guess i have to stick to 1.0.6 :-(
The newest version of CoFHCore which fixes all the world gen lag relies on Forge 1272+ so yes you will need at least that version or higher.

Darkmagi

Jul 29, 2019
@PirateAE You can also make the juicer with 3 pieces of stone and put it in crafting window with most of the berries and apples which makes them much better at restoring hunger.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Is anyone able to use /gamerule? I'm the server owner and I'm op, still it tells me that I don't have permission to use the command. Same thing if I try to enter the command using the console. Not using Cauldron or MCPC+.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone able to use /gamerule? I'm the server owner and I'm op, still it tells me that I don't have permission to use the command. Same thing if I try to enter the command using the console. Not using Cauldron or MCPC+.
That is a bug I am fixing it for the next update.

Snowcasso

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or did the hunger saturation get removed from the latest version.. If so could someone explain why? With out it there is no reason to make anything better then juice for food.