[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Yes Gendustry is here to stay, slowly I am converting all the bees from Binnies mod over to it. Binnie no long updates his mod and it is preventing me from updating BC/Logistics pipes...If you think its too over balanced feel free to remove it from your client using the add/remove mods function in the launcher. It uses lots of power to produce items so that implements balance. With out it very few people will do bees.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Yes Gendustry is here to stay, slowly I am converting all the bees from Binnies mod over to it. Binnie no long updates his mod and it is preventing me from updating BC/Logistics pipes...If you think its too over balanced feel free to remove it from your client using the add/remove mods function in the launcher. It uses lots of power to produce items so that implements balance. With out it very few people will do bees.
Is it planned to change gendustry recipes from machines to upgrades?

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
I have some ideas for recipe changes but will probably not get to doing it until after the holidays.

Reactions: Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Just a heads up that with power converters steam producer and railcraft turbine, you get infinite energy by making a loop.
It's only 150eu/t but its still there

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
would you accept suggestions?
I am always open to suggestions. I do not respond to everyone's post here but I do read all suggestions. However at this point the mod list is final except for the addition of Thermal Dynamics once it is publicly released.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Just a heads up that with power converters steam producer and railcraft turbine, you get infinite energy by making a loop.
It's only 150eu/t but its still there
There is a loss with them which should mitigate that.

tawling

Jul 29, 2019
Is there no longer a way to power RF-based machines? Extra Utilities Pipes and Energy Transfer Nodes are not connecting to Tesseracts at all, or toThermal Expansion machines unless the side is configured to an input or output, and even then they are not supplying any power at all. How am I supposed to power my machines?

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
I am always open to suggestions. I do not respond to everyone's post here but I do read all suggestions. However at this point the mod list is final except for the addition of Thermal Dynamics once it is publicly released.
I was thinking about gendustry config and recipe changes, it is highly customizable.

Darkmagi

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so not sure if this is supposed to be enabled but on my server I am able to use the /tp command as well as the teleport to waypoint function in journeymap. I hadn't tried it before the most recent update but also allows for the /tp command to work in single player survival mode with no cheats on. Can't figure out how to turn it off either cheats are turned off on my server and single player also went through a lot of the configs but found nothing. Also went through all the server properties and made sure nobody was opped as well and I can't figure out how or why it's on.

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
Chisel Mod "Chisel" is uncraftable.

The recipe is overridden by the MrCrayfish's Furniture Mod Knife (5640)

This includes the inventory 2x2 crafting grid

ZethHQ

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get the ender quarry to work after the 1.0.4 update. It just stopped working.
Edit: Not the quarry was the problem, but the tesseract it's configured properly but won't transfer any power.
Second Edit: Nor the quarry or the tesseract were the problem. It just seems that the reactor's power tap doesn't automatically output energy anymore to a tesseract as it worked as soon as I used a pipe to extract energy from it. :)

Last edited:

micmou

Jul 29, 2019

I was just curious what the thought process for not including any peripheral add ons for computer craft it is driving me insane not knowing D: You already have must of Open Mods Why not add Open Peripherals and the Add on pack It adds the peripheral glasses and the PiM Or some of the other Peripheral addons

Mainly this one. It is pretty much a rebuilt Misc Peripherals
http://www.computercraft.info/forum...c-165-peripherals-miscperipherals-reimagined/

And this one. You already have Advanced machines
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/3728-mc-164-cc-158-immibiss-peripherals/
It says it is only 1.6.4 but it is updated to 1.7.10
http://immibis.com/mcmoddl/

If this pack had these Three peripheral addons which are pretty much computercraft staples I would drive to where you are and hug you CC just feels so empty without at least Open Peripherals

I mean it is like IC2 without Nuclear Control

Or Thaumcraft Without Add-ons Imagine if you had Thaumcraft With out Thaumic Tinkerer or even TT withou kami it just Isn't right.

It doesnt break balance at all really as most people wouldn't have the time or patience to use these well even then things like the PiM you can change the recipe. I agree that is OP as crap because you can use logistics pipes to manage your own inventory so make it use a nether star.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Important HOTFIX update coming out in a few minutes 1.0.5: Changes, Fixed Chisel recipe conflict (Changed knife recipe in MrCrayfish.zs in Scripts folder) and moved to latest Forge 1270 that fixes world gen lag in 1.7!

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a question. Although I'm only experiencing it in this pack, I would imagine it's caused by a specific mod.

I'm using TDT 1.03 which contains TConstruct-1.7.10-1.7.1c Not sure if that will mean anything.

At idle, my game runs fine, and there are roughly 15-25 chunk updates happening at any given time. But when I start dispensing any metals from a smeltery, the chunk updates would jump to 160, and my framerate would drop huge, even my mouse would move slower.

So I found a hint that putting a smeltery in such a way that it crossed a chunk border caused this exact same thing. So i moved my smeltery into it's own chunk. Even the dispensers are all within 1 chunk.

Things have gotten a LOT better. Now the chunk updates only jump to about 80 while dispensing, and the framerate loss is barely noticable. But it's still there, and shouldn't be.

Are there vertical chunks as well? Is it possible I have the smeltery at such a height that it crosses a verticle boundary?

Thoughts? Ideas? There's no wrong answers when brainstorming.