[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

korant

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a question. Although I'm only experiencing it in this pack, I would imagine it's caused by a specific mod.

I'm using TDT 1.03 which contains TConstruct-1.7.10-1.7.1c Not sure if that will mean anything.

At idle, my game runs fine, and there are roughly 15-25 chunk updates happening at any given time. But when I start dispensing any metals from a smeltery, the chunk updates would jump to 160, and my framerate would drop huge, even my mouse would move slower.

So I found a hint that putting a smeltery in such a way that it crossed a chunk border caused this exact same thing. So i moved my smeltery into it's own chunk. Even the dispensers are all within 1 chunk.

Things have gotten a LOT better. Now the chunk updates only jump to about 80 while dispensing, and the framerate loss is barely noticable. But it's still there, and shouldn't be.

Are there vertical chunks as well? Is it possible I have the smeltery at such a height that it crosses a verticle boundary?

Thoughts? Ideas? There's no wrong answers when brainstorming.

well all i can say is i am pretty sure there is no vertical chunks they are just 16x16 blocks no y coordinate

Victory

Jul 29, 2019
Need help. After update 1.0.4 my ender io farming stations crashing my game when i try to interact with them

JPING97

Jul 29, 2019
Are we going to get the Tinkers Construct update soon? So psyched! Those new ranged weapons look awesome

Reactions: ZethHQ

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
i miss factorization barrels.

The Jabba barrels have a weird graphic glitch when holding certain items. Like Thaumcraft Phials.

tclord

Jul 29, 2019
Pro Tip or Bug?

If you silk touch some charged certus quarts ore and put it in a jabba barrel, you can then silk touch normal certus quarts ore and add it to the barrel, which caused them to automagically convert from normal to charged. I guess they are ore dictionaried together or something?

Ballero

Jul 29, 2019
Updated 1.0.3 to 1.0.5 and server wont open?
http://pastebin.com/nkY6SkSE
  1. 20.12 18:30:41 [Server] INFO [18:30:41] [ic2-poolthread-1/INFO] [IC2]: UU graph built with 8421 nodes after 37904 ms.
  2. 20.12 18:30:41 [Multicraft] Skipped 333 lines due to rate limit (150/s)

RabidTortoise

Jul 29, 2019
Hi.
Loving the Pack!
One bug that I've found - apologies if it has been said before, but my internet is too slow for me to read all 25 pages - Obsidian can be duplicated in the smeltery. One block of obsidian turns into what appears to be 9 ingots, which can then in turn be poured back into 4.5 blocks.

Hope this helps, Keep up the good work with the pack! :D

Airkave

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to launch a server with the pack and it doesn't seem to be working, I noticed the .bat file was referring incorrectly to the FTB Jar file, so I changed that but it still isn't working...

JjStAr992_Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to launch a server with the pack and it doesn't seem to be working, I noticed the .bat file was referring incorrectly to the FTB Jar file, so I changed that but it still isn't working...
There seems to be a problem with world generation on servers with the latest Forge(?, not sure if it's that). What I did was create a world in singleplayer, take the world and put it in the server directory. Make sure the folder name is "world" (no quotes) if you follow this advice.

Airkave

Jul 29, 2019
There seems to be a problem with world generation on servers with the latest Forge(?, not sure if it's that). What I did was create a world in singleplayer, take the world and put it in the server directory. Make sure the folder name is "world" (no quotes) if you follow this advice.

Thanks, I've been trying to get it working for the past few hours - I thought it might be that I installed Java 8 and so cause compatibility issues, reinstalled Java 7 but nothing. Your suggestion makes sense as I also couldn't launch DireWolf20's pack server, I'll definitely try it. But seriously thanks for the help, I'm at my wits end, I need to get this working for tomorrow when I said I'd launch it for myself and a 5 friends to play on.

Airkave

Jul 29, 2019
Turns out it was all just because I hadn't changed the False to True in the Eula.txt document, they've added that since I last set up servers. 4 hours would have been saved with a simple notification... But it's working now and me and my friends can have fun :D

tclord

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is a bug but the crafting recipe for an RF consumer uses a deprecated capacity bank. Maybe it should refer to the non-deprecated version?

JjStAr992_Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is a bug but the crafting recipe for an RF consumer uses a deprecated capacity bank. Maybe it should refer to the non-deprecated version?
You can also use some Stirling Engines, some gears and a basic machine frame. Try that one for now.

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having an Issue using Extra Utilities Generators?
They seem to not be auto outputting to Ender IO machines without some form of wiring.

myrilla

Jul 29, 2019
Just finished searching this thread and about an hour of poking around online, checking changelogs, and reading the configs..

Is the MFR Oil Fabricator disabled in this pack? I can't find it in NEI and I can't figure out how it has been turned off. I can't find a changelog for the 1.7.10 version of MFR so perhaps it is disabled there?

Does anyone have any idea how to re-enable it? I've tried editing the configs in MFR to use buildcraft recipes as well, since I had heard it won't allow Oil Fabricators without Buildcraft installed. Is there any workaround to this? Can I FORCE it to allow the item? Oil is clearly in the pack.

Airkave

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason when I try to run a server, even though I'm not opped I can set my gamemode to creative but I can't spawn stuff in, I've tried changing several things in the configs. This is driving me crazy as there seems to be no rational reason why.