[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure to rename the whole FTB folder not just the dark trilogy one. The Libs are stored in the root of that folder and you need them to redownload from the maven on your next launch.
Yes! Thankyou, its working now. I went back and checked the launcher logs after I did this and it said that I lost connection to the internet in the middle of downloading the libs, but it continued as soon as I reconnected... maybe a file got scrambled... Thanks again!

Reactions: tfox83

Suiadan42

Jul 29, 2019
Only quibble I have so far is that Solar flux is a bit cheap early game, I could just go industrialcraft to get my first refined iron, then I just cranked out 23T2 solar panels Iron was made really easy to get with some good tinker's tools, and glass was easy. Wood I had in spades, and redstone was actually the first thing I needed a barrel for...Result? I have no other main power source, everything else was too pricy to bother with, solar panels were cheap to make, and low maintenance.

I managed to skip the bulk of tinker's construct progression btw with the terrain smasher from TE to let me get any ore from the nether, might be a good to make that take refined iron somehow for balance considering it let me totally skip from a set of enhanced stone tools straight to full cobalt ones...

And its annoying that I had to visit 13 metors before getting all four inscription plates xP but thats not the pack's fault lol...

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Only quibble I have so far is that Solar flux is a bit cheap early game, I could just go industrialcraft to get my first refined iron, then I just cranked out 23T2 solar panels Iron was made really easy to get with some good tinker's tools, and glass was easy. Wood I had in spades, and redstone was actually the first thing I needed a barrel for...Result? I have no other main power source, everything else was too pricy to bother with, solar panels were cheap to make, and low maintenance.

I managed to skip the bulk of tinker's construct progression btw with the terrain smasher from TE to let me get any ore from the nether, might be a good to make that take refined iron somehow for balance considering it let me totally skip from a set of enhanced stone tools straight to full cobalt ones...

And its annoying that I had to visit 13 metors before getting all four inscription plates xP but thats not the pack's fault lol...
I used to have the solar required Hardened Glass but everyone complained. And as far as the AE presses if you cycle through the NEI recipes I made them craftable, however I believe the silicon press recipie is bugged since I added EnderIO, but that will be fixed next update.

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
@tfox83
Any way you can add a Dragon egg recipe
Maybe Diamond block surrounded by 8 nether stars.

And Green heart canisters, Maybeto craft, 1 red heart canister, 1 yellow heart canister, 1 nether star ( or any blood magic item since its "life")

Suiadan42

Jul 29, 2019
I understand, personally I'd be fine with them requiring either hardened glass or fused glass, but as it is there is no real reason for me to bother with any other power gen method *shrug*. They just produce so much, that, well, it'll do whatever I need *shrug*
Well, maybe big reactors, depending whether I can run those infinitely off of a laser drill or similar...

As to the recipes? Well ****. Now I feel foolish xP was an interesting adventure though. Came out with six freaking silicon presses before finding a single calculation one...

Reactions: Yulife

Lcsd

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so I'm new to all of this but I'm having an issue when I set up a TDT server for a buddy and I to play. Everything looked ok and server started no problems. Upon entering the world though I noticed there were no TC books given. I thought to myself humm strange but maybe you have to advance to get to that. So I started to play the world on the server and noticed I wasn't able to make or do anything with TC not even make the initial workbench. Once again I thought maybe you have to advance to do that and proceed to try and make a Materials book to no avail, couldn't make blank patterns. I loaded up my Single player world and found you can make all that right off the bat and the books are given. I went back onto server and switched to creative and gave myself the book. When I switched back to Survival the book disappeared and I even tried to give myself one with /give and it said that item does not exist. Any ideas on what I may have done wrong? I used FileZilla to upload the server files onto my server. Seems maybe I don't have something set right but this is my first attempt at running a Modded server. Any suggestions are appreciated or at least guidance on where to go for information on what to do to fix this.

Suiadan42

Jul 29, 2019
Well, assuming you installed all the server files (mods and all) then make sure you are launching the correct jar file. There are two, you should be using the forge one. From the sounds of things it looks like the server doesn't have any mods running, including forge, etc.

Puretic

Jul 29, 2019
I guess my request to add mine and blade battlegear to the modpack is denied....
i just had this idea to remove the weapons and the recepies for the weapons that it added and let the players dual wield Tinkers construct items instead of the weapons that is originaly in mine and blade.......

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I guess my request to add mine and blade battlegear to the modpack is denied....
i just had this idea to remove the weapons and the recepies for the weapons that it added and let the players dual wield Tinkers construct items instead of the weapons that is originaly in mine and blade.......
The modlist is final for this pack, so all requests are denied

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so i download the pack. Everything runs fine until the game starts and nothing comes up in the menu with oh (insert number here) mods installed. When i try to install fastcraft and i open up the edit modpack menu, the mod list is empty. Not to mention i couldn't join any servers because i got stuck on loging in. pls halp.
(p.s. ignore the left side of my screen because its my other monitor. the modpack editor is on the right)
SM1cUVq.jpg

Onering20

Jul 29, 2019
Recently downloaded the most recent version and I like the mod so far it seems that the spawn rates can be a little funky but that is not an issue. However as of 1.0.1 using a Scythe (alumite head, Cactus tough binding, thaumium tough rod, and blue slime tough rod, no modifiers and full stone) on enemies ( Skeleton grinder exp grinder ) consistently crashes the game

oddly enough wild single skeletons did not seem to cause the crash same with passive mobs. I suspect the slimy attribute but I did not see that in the error report then again I don't know what to look for.

Ps. probably not slimy since i made a stone scythe with the same result, is it the crumbling body parts? I don't know.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so i download the pack. Everything runs fine until the game starts and nothing comes up in the menu with oh (insert number here) mods installed. When i try to install fastcraft and i open up the edit modpack menu, the mod list is empty. Not to mention i couldn't join any servers because i got stuck on loging in. pls halp.
(p.s. ignore the left side of my screen because its my other monitor. the modpack editor is on the right)
SM1cUVq.jpg
Click options - advanced options and change your download location to CurseCDN and relaunch, it should redownload the pack correctly

JjStAr992_Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

Been playing your modpack for a little while and ran into a problem.
I've got a fuller set up to Clear mode, and the area is landmarked, but it doesn't work.

Here's a screenshot of the setup I have:
9dWP2yu.jpg

Power bridge config:
nkYmX1j.png

Btw, it's actually all modes that don't work.
Am I doing something wrong or did you disable fillers?

Thanks for help in advance!

Lcsd

Jul 29, 2019
Well, assuming you installed all the server files (mods and all) then make sure you are launching the correct jar file. There are two, you should be using the forge one. From the sounds of things it looks like the server doesn't have any mods running, including forge, etc.

Thanks I'll give that a shot