[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
So I just downloaded the pack but when I launch it I get this error in the console... any help? (sorry if its irrelevant to the pack, i'm new to this)

[main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_21]
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_21]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_21]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_21]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_21]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_21]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_21]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_21]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm did it download the modpack? If you don't know how, hit the edit modpack button and see if there is a list of mods if not let me know.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
@Jemes78 Grasping at straws here, try clicking options, advanced options and making the download location CurseCDN than click the force update button and launch the pack. I feel you may have a bad download

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
ok, I've just done that and reinstalled the launcher and force updated my java and this pack still wont start and I still get the same error message. This is the only pack it happens on... Direwolf20(1.7.10) works, Mage Quest works agrarian skies works... but not the dark trilogy... I give up, but ill keep checking back here if anyone's got a solution

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
ok, I've just done that and reinstalled the launcher and force updated my java and this pack still wont start and I still get the same error message. This is the only pack it happens on... Direwolf20(1.7.10) works, Mage Quest works agrarian skies works... but not the dark trilogy... I give up, but ill keep checking back here if anyone's got a solution
Seems forge didn't download from the maven properly, mine is a different version than the DW 1.7 pack. Go to your FTB folder and rename "something_backup" then make sure CurseCDN is selected and launch. Let me know what happens.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Seems forge didn't download from the maven properly, mine is a different version than the DW 1.7 pack. Go to your FTB folder and rename "something_backup" then make sure CurseCDN is selected and launch. Let me know what happens.
Make sure to rename the whole FTB folder not just the dark trilogy one. The Libs are stored in the root of that folder and you need them to redownload from the maven on your next launch.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh.. try Java 7 I don't think Latest Java works well with most mods.
I actually tested Java 8 with this pack and never had any issues. Yes some mods still don't support it, but with this pack you should be safe. But if you are playing any other packs or any 1.6 packs you may want to stick with Java 7.

scapist

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I have a few questions. I'm curious about the removal of morpheus. I don't see why it would be removed unless there is a compatibility issue of some sort.
On a side note, how does this modpack fare with the addition of extra mods? I love your modpack, but there are a few additions I would like to make on my own if possible. Also, will updating this modpack affect my current world save in negative ways? I have put a lot of effort into it and dont want to risk anything.
Thank you

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Hello @tfox83
Love the pack. I have a few requests.
Any way you can make a Crafting Recipe for Dragon Eggs and Green Heart Canisters?
The reason i ask about the Dragon egg is for on Multiplayer servers( since its needed for bees)
As of the Green Hearts, its just cool to have... =)

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Also I see MFR auto spawner black list only has vanilla golem
# A list of entity IDs (e.g.: CaveSpider or VillagerGolem or Forestry.butterflyGE) to blacklist from the AutoSpawner. The Debugger item will display an entity's ID when used.
S:Blacklist <
VillagerGolem

Anyway you can add.
Carminite golem- Twilight
Questing Ram- Twilight

the golem also drops iron like the villager golem.
As for the Ram, if you feed it till there is one wool left, you can spawn exact copies and then feed it the one wool to get the materials.
I tested Luggage and Thaumcraft mobs but those seem to be fixed by default now