[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

L

Lil Zombie

Unfortunately thats not even remotely close to how real aluminum is made. I have tried to talk to Shurgent about it, but he is working on other features of his mod so hasnt had the time to fix the aluminum recipes yet :(

I actually wasn´t sure if the arc furnace was supposed to be in the pack since the blast and improved blast furnace seem not to be.
Testing in creative the arc furnace works well in making the aluminium, still the game crashes when clicking "recipes" in the arc furnace.

But i want to add again : Great pack, great work and since i had gotten myself into the scripts a little bit myself this time i am getting an idea of how much work it actually is :)

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I actually wasn´t sure if the arc furnace was supposed to be in the pack since the blast and improved blast furnace seem not to be.
Testing in creative the arc furnace works well in making the aluminium, still the game crashes when clicking "recipes" in the arc furnace.

But i want to add again : Great pack, great work and since i had gotten myself into the scripts a little bit myself this time i am getting an idea of how much work it actually is :)

More than half of the mods in this pack are NOT compatible with TFC and thus almost every single recipe in them has to be modified or just completely re-written. And still there are tons of things that dont work correctly, or as you have discovered, cause unexpected crashes :(

TalesofGaming

Jul 29, 2019
What do the additional chisel modes do in this pack, seems the 6 modes after the one used for smoothing stone do nothing, while the 7th,8th, and 9th modes all share the same icon but do different things. 7th just crashes my client when used and have to use mcedit to delete the block to continue. The 8th and 9th make the rock have a small or big outline from the TFC-Additions mod. The normal 512xblock, slab and stair modes work fine.

Last edited:

darthwesix

Jul 29, 2019
hey I just started I managed to nei my way up to the part I need to make pots I don't understand the odd recipe for "cooking" it
sorry if this has been stated before

BooGotShot

Jul 29, 2019
I found a 'dupe bug' with the OpenBlocks tank while trasferring creosote from a OpenBlocks Tank to a barrel and some other buggy behavior.

1) I had a full tank with 16,000 mb of creosote in it.
2) I put it in the slot inside the barrel to transfer 10,000mb of it into the barrel, but it emptied itself. I was sad and thought I lost 6,000 mb. Buggy.
3) I then clicked the empty Tank on the Barrel and got 10,000mb.
4) Then the dupe. I clicked the 10,000mb on the Barrel and the Barrel filled up but the Tank did not empty.

Needless to say, I am destroying the duped fluid. Can't have fun when the game is like creative mode is on.

Reactions: OneWolfe
L

Lil Zombie

I´d like to know, if the Soulgazer is supposed to be in the pack and with it all that comes together with lycanites mobs (those items of which the recipes are enabled of course) - what kinda makes me doubt is the fact that the soulgazer solely is crafted from vanilla items which cannot be replaced by tfc-ones.

And if i am allowed to add this - gonna add this here, since i do not have a youtube account and do not intend to make one for just one comment - i very much enjoy your let´s play series @Beavelguy and @Grim - your two new canadian sisters Maize and ... her sister ^^ seem to be funny, too - haven´t seen much of berlinriver yet (I wonder about the name since i am german).

I´d advice though to try the magneticraft crusher, this way you will get way more ingots per ore, I wonder if that is intended?

Reactions: Beavelguy

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I´d like to know, if the Soulgazer is supposed to be in the pack and with it all that comes together with lycanites mobs (those items of which the recipes are enabled of course) - what kinda makes me doubt is the fact that the soulgazer solely is crafted from vanilla items which cannot be replaced by tfc-ones.

And if i am allowed to add this - gonna add this here, since i do not have a youtube account and do not intend to make one for just one comment - i very much enjoy your let´s play series @Beavelguy and @Grim - your two new canadian sisters Maize and ... her sister ^^ seem to be funny, too - haven´t seen much of berlinriver yet (I wonder about the name since i am german).

I´d advice though to try the magneticraft crusher, this way you will get way more ingots per ore, I wonder if that is intended?

I have not done alot with the rest of the Lycanites tools so feel free to play with them and let me know how it turns out :D

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019

I'm glad you are enjoying the series and the new members of the server!

I am not familiar with magneticraft yet, but I plan on getting to everything that is possible in the pack.

T

thuha163

Is there any plans on expanding Bees, like adding Extra Bees?

Might also be good to add Chicken Chunks (since Chicken Core is already in the pack).
This would be helpful in keeping the Carpenter's progress going and not resetting when leaving the chunk.

L

Lil Zombie

I have not done alot with the rest of the Lycanites tools so feel free to play with them and let me know how it turns out :D

Will do - might take a while though, i am not familiar with the mod myself, but as far as i can see there are a couple of "buffing eatable stuff" and mounts and summons - will let you know once i manage or fail to do the summoning part - had added a recipe to convert tfc-diamonds to vanilla ones. I recall having vanilla diamonds but couldt get any new ones after searching 3 rogue like dungeons i added the recipe.

I'm glad you are enjoying the series and the new members of the server!

I am not familiar with magneticraft yet, but I plan on getting to everything that is possible in the pack.

Get about 30 (+-5) ingots per stack of rich ore and it also works on copper. You always get at least one ingot per ore, no matter the quality.
(burning it in a railcraft blast furnace, do not know if that´s necessary though)

Is there any plans on expanding Bees, like adding Extra Bees?

Might also be good to add Chicken Chunks (since Chicken Core is already in the pack).
This would be helpful in keeping the Carpenter's progress going and not resetting when leaving the chunk.

For the time being you can try using the railcraft world anchors, they keep chunks loaded, too. They come in 3 different versions and need ender pearls to work, i believe one pearl keeps the anchor running for 12 hours.

B

Bmxbike08

Not to rush any work on this mod pack but one thing I find quite annoying is that the Lycanites Mobs Mod makes it almost impossible to explore the lower levels of dungeons. (Way too much HP)
I went in creative just to check how many mobs there were and at the bottom level of the dungeon it was full of all the highest level enemies like pinkies and other monsters that would take way to much effort to kill. (Also mod swords need to be buffed like the Specter Sword)

Reactions: OneWolfe

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Get about 30 (+-5) ingots per stack of rich ore and it also works on copper. You always get at least one ingot per ore, no matter the quality.
(burning it in a railcraft blast furnace, do not know if that´s necessary though)

I'm trying this in my test world and compared to the IE crusher it gets way less output. Except for malachite and tethrehedrite, the IE crusher gives 3 dusts per rich ore, 2 per normal and 1 per poor. Going through Magneticraft grinder and sifter I am getting around 2.5 dusts per rich ore, 1.5 per normal and 1.1 per poor. Of course you do get the added benefit of other metals like Nickel from Iron. Now if I use the Magneticraft crusher It is a complete loss of ore. Crushing a stack of rich ore will net 3.5 ingots compared to the 7.5 from the grinder/sifter or the 8 from the IE crusher.

Am I missing something? How are you getting 1 ingot per ore? The blast furnace requires 6 dusts per ingot.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying this in my test world and compared to the IE crusher it gets way less output. Except for malachite and tethrehedrite, the IE crusher gives 3 dusts per rich ore, 2 per normal and 1 per poor. Going through Magneticraft grinder and sifter I am getting around 2.5 dusts per rich ore, 1.5 per normal and 1.1 per poor. Of course you do get the added benefit of other metals like Nickel from Iron. Now if I use the Magneticraft crusher It is a complete loss of ore. Crushing a stack of rich ore will net 3.5 ingots compared to the 7.5 from the grinder/sifter or the 8 from the IE crusher.

Am I missing something? How are you getting 1 ingot per ore? The blast furnace requires 6 dusts per ingot.

If you string the MC Crusher Grinder and Sifter together you should be getting alot more return than the IE Crusher alone but ive not spent an excessive amount of time testing the ratios so they may need to be tweaked in the future.

Try opening up the Ore Processing script and change ALL rations to [0.45, 0.65, and 0.85] respectively and let me know how that comes out. Those are currently the ratios will be putting into the next update.

EDIT: Also replace all 0.01 with 0.10 and 0.05 with 0.25

L

Lil Zombie

It´s gotta be the Railcraft Blast Furnace then. I do not even use a MC Sifter (because i didn´t know about it). So I was just giving it another run - for 1 stack of rich magnetite (in this example) i just got 32 Iron Grit (just a coincidence it turned out exactly double) which burn in the Railcraft Blast Furnace to 32 TFC Wrought Iron Ingots. The Railcraft Blast Furnace also burns Pig Iron to High Carbon Steel and High Carbon Steel to normal Steel.
So i guess the Railcraft Blast Furnace has to be rewritten to use more than 1 Iron Grit per ingot?

Also did a little testing (not much) about the lycanthiles mob - after having gathered the bestiary of some mob using the soul gazer, the belph and the zoataur, I was able to summon those as minions. After a couple of tries the summoning of the zoataur crashed the game, but after relogging in the creature and the world were okay - and that only happened once, no idea what was the difference - the Belph has about 10k hp, the zoataur about 4k. They disappear after 2-3min. They also fight for you, the zoataur does not do any damage to mobs though, while the belph sometimes kills zombies in 1 hit, sometimes it takes 4-5 and it is hard to tell if it´s the fire or the shot that does the damage. I am using the cheapest summoning staff at the present.
Edit: Description of the summoning staff says, it would drain my summoning focus above my hunger bar - i have the staff upgraded to a sturdy one, now i could do 2 summons, which disappear after the same amount of time (description says they stay much longer) and now i seem to be out of focus, cannot do any summons anymore now - after some waiting the focus seems to have refilled and i was able to summon again.

Last edited:

Beavelguy

Jul 29, 2019

Really glad you're enjoying the series :) Having a blast playing the pack... looking forward to meeting our new members (grim invited everyone just before I went on holiday :p)

Beavelguy

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick little update, since there are new tutorial videos now. Just added one for a quad ghast spawner farm :)

The playlist for the tutorial series can be found here... or individually:

Copper Age Spawners (No buckets required!)
Submarine Single Spawner - Loot varies depending on type of spawner
Airship Double Pigman Spawner - RIDICULOUS amounts of Brass Pistons (unlimited Brass) and also some Gold
Giant Miner Spawner - Safe farm design for Giant's Pickaxes (awesome mining tool) but requires Spectre Glass
Swarm Spider Spawner - Unlimited String for making silk (uses some Spectre Glass but I'd consider it optional)
Silkworm Farm - Unlimited String for making silk, but requires a bit of luck in the Roguelike Dungeons

Clockwork/Iron Age Spawners

How to move spawners - NEW Quick tutorial video showing how to use Pistronics to move spawners
Quad Ghast Farm - NEW All the Gunpowder and Ghast Tears you can eat!

I've built a Redcap/Witch farm in my SMP series but haven't gotten around to making a tutorial video for that yet. I'll work on it as soon as I get a chance :)

L

Lil Zombie

After having done some testing myself on the Magneticraft Ore Processing i come to the conclusion:

Bug:
The Railcraft Blast Furnace turns 1 Iron Grit into 1 Ingot which should not be like this - NEI tells me i do need 6 Grit, which would make it even to the IE Blast Furnace. So i am pretty sure this is the bug i accidently exploited for a couple of weeks now O.O

Now since i never used Magneticraft in a non-TFP Environment i have to rely on what i read:
Usually the Crusher turns the Ore into Chunks, the Grinder into Rubble, use of the Grinder for a 2nd time turns the Rubble into Pebbles and finally the Sifter turns Pebbles into Dust.
Now in TFP the Crusher produces Grit which can be smelted right away. If put into the grinder or sifter the grit gets processed but without any more output (with no change made to the Script as OneWolf suggested above)
This way 1 stack of rich ore gives me 29-35 Grits
OR the ore can be put into the Grinder which gives me 32 Pebbles plus 5 Grits (plus a chance for some Nickel Dust) - 32 Pebbles put into the Sifter give me 40 more Grit (plus ~ 2 Nickel Dust) so all in all about 45 Grit
Well what i want to say is ... the usual way Crusher - Grinder - Grinder - Sifter is replaced by either Crusher OR Grinder - Sifter
(since the Crusher yields Grit instead of Chunks, which do not exist in TFP)

Hope this makes sense ... ^^

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
After having done some testing myself on the Magneticraft Ore Processing i come to the conclusion:

Bug:
The Railcraft Blast Furnace turns 1 Iron Grit into 1 Ingot which should not be like this - NEI tells me i do need 6 Grit, which would make it even to the IE Blast Furnace. So i am pretty sure this is the bug i accidently exploited for a couple of weeks now O.O

Now since i never used Magneticraft in a non-TFP Environment i have to rely on what i read:
Usually the Crusher turns the Ore into Chunks, the Grinder into Rubble, use of the Grinder for a 2nd time turns the Rubble into Pebbles and finally the Sifter turns Pebbles into Dust.
Now in TFP the Crusher produces Grit which can be smelted right away. If put into the grinder or sifter the grit gets processed but without any more output (with no change made to the Script as OneWolf suggested above)
This way 1 stack of rich ore gives me 29-35 Grits
OR the ore can be put into the Grinder which gives me 32 Pebbles plus 5 Grits (plus a chance for some Nickel Dust) - 32 Pebbles put into the Sifter give me 40 more Grit (plus ~ 2 Nickel Dust) so all in all about 45 Grit
Well what i want to say is ... the usual way Crusher - Grinder - Grinder - Sifter is replaced by either Crusher OR Grinder - Sifter
(since the Crusher yields Grit instead of Chunks, which do not exist in TFP)

Hope this makes sense ... ^^

Okay so we are on the same page and it is just a bug that is causing the issue. With the current configs the IE crusher is more efficient, but based on OneWolfe's comment that will change in a future update. That's good to know. What is nice is I've learned a lot about magneticraft in the last couple days and I have to say I like the mod a lot.

Reactions: Lil Zombie