[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

J

JAWolfe

OneWolfe, i've come across a dup glitch you probably want to know about.

when exploring a rouge like dungeon, i found a couple forestry builders bags in a chest. when i picked up the chest, it put a VANILLA chest into the bag AS WELL AS an oak chest into my inventory. i was able to take the vanilla chest out of my inventory and place it as a vanilla chest. when i broke (repeated multiple times to test) the vanilla chest, it again went into the bag as a vanilla chest and made another oak chest in my inventory. this seems infinitely repeatable for oak chests while letting you also keep and use a vanilla chest.

also, i mentioned it to pakratt in his stream last tuesday, but not sure if you were told... the Ents that spawn from punching leaves seem to be able to be 1shot with a stone knife 90% of the time. the special versions seem to take 2 or 3 hits with the stone knife. this seems unintentional... so thought you should know.

soooooo enjoying the pack. thank you so much for all the work to put it together.

Thanks for reporting the dupe. That is the first time I've heard of that dupe. You should not be able to get a vanilla chest at all but it looks like the forestry bags are behaving in a manner that I did not expect when I wrote my mod to get rid of vanilla chests. I will add a fix to this dupe in the next TFP Tweaks update.

As far as the knife one shotting Ents, I'll take a look at that and see what is going on.

Once again thank you for reporting these issues.

J

JAWolfe

Wondering if someone can compile a list of core mods not yet updated to allow this pack to move to either 1.8.9 or 1.9.4, preferably the latter. I can just imagine how much more fun this pack could be with the combat update.
TFC1 will not be updated beyond 1.7.10, a new version of TFC is being made for versions greater than 1.7.10. Since that mod is the basis of Terrafirmapunk, the pack will not be updated to anything beyond 1.7.10, at least not in the current format and not any time soon.

1.8+ has been a complete rewrite for most mods so it is long process of transferring over. Don't expect many mods and especially modpacks in 1.9+ since the 1.9 Forge, which modders require to write their mods, has only been around for 3 months.

MonkeyTown551

Jul 29, 2019
O...when i picked up the chest, it put a VANILLA chest into the bag...

Now I know where I got these vanilla chests from... confused me for a bit. LOL

Longbow from TerraMisc causes a crash if it's enchanted. Works fine if it's not-enchanted.

Tri-Bow from Twilight Forest does not shoot TFC Arrows, they do shoot arrows from Ropes+

T

TheRPGElite

I seem to keep having a problem and don't know what is causing it. When I load a world that I had previously exited, it looks like this and sometimes lags out really bad. This is the latest 2.0.3 version and I didn't have this problem in 2.0.0.

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 65

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for reporting the dupe. That is the first time I've heard of that dupe. You should not be able to get a vanilla chest at all but it looks like the forestry bags are behaving in a manner that I did not expect when I wrote my mod to get rid of vanilla chests. I will add a fix to this dupe in the next TFP Tweaks update.

As far as the knife one shotting Ents, I'll take a look at that and see what is going on.

Once again thank you for reporting these issues.

The ent damage is probably because of how many lycanites mobs take more damage from different tools (similar to TFC piercing, slashing, crushing). In vanilla Ents take more damage from axes than swords. You will find that the Geonachs have similar enhanced damage taken from TFC hammers.

MonkeyTown551

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately they cannot be except through hacks that can edit NBT data. I might be able to create one as a quest reward or something, but there is no way to do it legitimately :(

No worries, ever since I got my mob farm running, I've been enchanting everything. I'm just glad you can melt the tools/weapons/armor back down and resmith them. :)

L

Lil Zombie

No worries, ever since I got my mob farm running, I've been enchanting everything. I'm just glad you can melt the tools/weapons/armor back down and resmith them. :)

Same here, thx to Beavelguy !
Never tried to enchant a pro pick, but if its unenchantable why do you find enchanted ones in the dungeon?

I been enchanting my flaxbeards steam armor (cause of the jetpack) via books and those seem to help (not 100% sure though) - but if you echant the steam drill with efficiency it doesn´t change the drill´s behaviour.

Reactions: Beavelguy

Skoob

Jul 29, 2019
sooo i murdered a sheep in my travels and now am haunted by its ghost? it will randomly appear on my head upsidedown moving and i can see it on the top part of my screen. it is random and dont know why this is happening. Now this has happened
2016-06-21_17.09.04.png

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Now that FTB has completely removed there launcher, I can not access this mod pack since its not mirrored on curse. Could you please put it on gethub or something.

Shiramizu

Jul 29, 2019
So apparently, the TerraMisc Bows and Crossbows DO in fact work, but only if you craft them yourself rather than spawning them in. Just tested them in 2.03 and could fire them without crashing. Then spawned a different crossbow and as soon as I start reloading - crash. I'm guessing everyone (myself included) was trying to test them in a creative world before wasting time and resources in their game world.

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Now that FTB has completely removed there launcher, I can not access this mod pack since its not mirrored on curse. Could you please put it on gethub or something.

Just below the link to download the curse launcher, there is a link to download the legacy launcher ie FTB launcher

MonkeyTown551

Jul 29, 2019
So apparently, the TerraMisc Bows and Crossbows DO in fact work, but only if you craft them yourself rather than spawning them in. Just tested them in 2.03 and could fire them without crashing. Then spawned a different crossbow and as soon as I start reloading - crash. I'm guessing everyone (myself included) was trying to test them in a creative world before wasting time and resources in their game world.

It works, but don't Enchant the Bow (not sure about the crossbow). The Enchanted Bow will crash.

Svein Ove Aas

Jul 29, 2019
It would be really great if you did open a github account, even if just for bug-tracking. If you have... then sorry, but you should put a link in the first post!

Anyway, bug report time. I've had a rendering problem, which in short can be described as "Cow on my head"...

Yeah.

2016_06_22_00_27_21.jpg

This most usually manifests as the player model being thoroughly broken, and/or pieces of it swapping out with other nearby creatures, which sometimes even blocks the first-person view. It also manifests as GL Error #1283, aka. glPushMatrix overflow due to lack of corresponding popMatrix, which could happen e.g. if something throws an exception in the middle of the rendering code and it isn't properly cleaned up. In extreme cases that causes second-long stalls as the driver resets.

I think it's been reported in this thread, but without a solution, so I had to deal with it. Thanks to a lucky guess from Lutillian, I tracked it to an inter-mod incompatibility between Flaxbeard's Steampower and the Ruins mod. More specifically, it turns out that Ruins can spawn some Steampower blocks in invalid orientations, which presumably breaks its rendering code in a way which causes this behavior. Yay.

Ideally, Steampower wouldn't do that. Ideally, Ruins would spawn things in the right orientation. At the modpack level the fix is more simple, however: Don't Spawn Those Blocks.

I fixed it in my server-builder using a patch to TFP, as such: https://github.com/Erisia/builder/commit/c7cfbb5f23870a87a1164ed09815e20fec6bc565

Luckily, not all the blocks cause this sort of trouble. In particular the pipes don't, which means that this particular hack doesn't break your nice-looking ruins too badly, but you still probably want to be a bit more clever than what I'm doing. In fact, several of the blocks I'm removing probably didn't need to be removed; I just wanted to be on the safe side. But if you want to do a quick patch release, then it might make sense to run my sed script for now, and fix it more properly later.

----------

On an unrelated note, I'm starting a TerraFirmaPunk server... um, somewhere between tomorrow and next Friday, depending on how the remaining testing & programming goes, so expect more bug reports over time. A git repository really would help us both here, as I'm perfectly happy to supply bug reports in the form of patches, as you can see. :)

If any of you other guys are interested in joining, you can see our homepage at https://madoka.brage.info/

---------

And on the gripping hand, I suppose--

I'm going to adapt Electrical Age to work in TFP, largely because I think EA goes with everything. The question is, should I do this via quick hacks, or in a way that could be submitted and would work as part of TFP?

Aka. would you like it to be part of the pack. Personally, I think it'd be a good idea, but it's up to you.

Last edited:

KatrinLilDevil

Jul 29, 2019
OneWolfe, i just got my first carpenter up and running... but it's a ways till i can manage a separate carpenter per fluid, so i was going to make some pipettes to transfer in and out like usual forestry. and that's when i noticed you hadn't rewritten the pipette recipe yet. it calls for vanilla wool. i am guessing you aren't familiar with the pipettes... but i really rely on them with forestry in the beginning to make fluid transfer easy. i was hoping i could put this recipe on your radar for future adjustment when you have the time. :)

M

Matted

Can someone help with the "Unforgotten Mysteries" Quest. It is not accepting the barrel whether it has 10,000mb or 1,000mb. Anything to fix that?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
It would be really great if you did open a github account, even if just for bug-tracking. If you have... then sorry, but you should put a link in the first post!

Anyway, bug report time. I've had a rendering problem, which in short can be described as "Cow on my head"...

Yeah.

This most usually manifests as the player model being thoroughly broken, and/or pieces of it swapping out with other nearby creatures, which sometimes even blocks the first-person view. It also manifests as GL Error #1283, aka. glPushMatrix overflow due to lack of corresponding popMatrix, which could happen e.g. if something throws an exception in the middle of the rendering code and it isn't properly cleaned up. In extreme cases that causes second-long stalls as the driver resets.

I think it's been reported in this thread, but without a solution, so I had to deal with it. Thanks to a lucky guess from Lutillian, I tracked it to an inter-mod incompatibility between Flaxbeard's Steampower and the Ruins mod. More specifically, it turns out that Ruins can spawn some Steampower blocks in invalid orientations, which presumably breaks its rendering code in a way which causes this behavior. Yay.

Ideally, Steampower wouldn't do that. Ideally, Ruins would spawn things in the right orientation. At the modpack level the fix is more simple, however: Don't Spawn Those Blocks.

I fixed it in my server-builder using a patch to TFP, as such: https://github.com/Erisia/builder/commit/c7cfbb5f23870a87a1164ed09815e20fec6bc565

Luckily, not all the blocks cause this sort of trouble. In particular the pipes don't, which means that this particular hack doesn't break your nice-looking ruins too badly, but you still probably want to be a bit more clever than what I'm doing. In fact, several of the blocks I'm removing probably didn't need to be removed; I just wanted to be on the safe side. But if you want to do a quick patch release, then it might make sense to run my sed script for now, and fix it more properly later.

----------

On an unrelated note, I'm starting a TerraFirmaPunk server... um, somewhere between tomorrow and next Friday, depending on how the remaining testing & programming goes, so expect more bug reports over time. A git repository really would help us both here, as I'm perfectly happy to supply bug reports in the form of patches, as you can see. :)

If any of you other guys are interested in joining, you can see our homepage at https://madoka.brage.info/

---------

And on the gripping hand, I suppose--

I'm going to adapt Electrical Age to work in TFP, largely because I think EA goes with everything. The question is, should I do this via quick hacks, or in a way that could be submitted and would work as part of TFP?

Aka. would you like it to be part of the pack. Personally, I think it'd be a good idea, but it's up to you.

Its easy enough to just remove those blocks from the ruins schematic models. Any previously spawned ruins will still the issues tho :p

Svein Ove Aas

Jul 29, 2019
Its easy enough to just remove those blocks from the ruins schematic models. Any previously spawned ruins will still the issues tho :p
I can't do anything about that, but if you make a PSA that looking for & breaking weird-looking Steampower blocks in the ruins is likely to help...