[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

MonkeyTown551

Jul 29, 2019
They do place, but the press won't start. Tried cheating in normal inc sacs and it started working.

Damn... I just built my typesetting table too.... lol. Haven't had a chance to test it all out because I needed to get to Level 40... which meant I need to start working on my mob farm.

MonkeyTown551

Jul 29, 2019
Repairing Weapons... I had a Steel Pickaxe with Efficiency and Unbreaking enchants on it. I put it in the forge, got it to Brilliant White and it melted back down to Steel. Was the intention to keep the enchants within the ingots?

I only ask because when looking at the item through NEI, it shows the ingot with the enchants still on it, but when I heat it up to Brilliant White, I just get a regular steel ingot... unless I did it wrong.

Here's a screengrab of my steel sword.

r9LeF1A.jpg

M

mamidd

Hi guys. I would install terrafirmapunk on a private craftbukkit server. How can i do it? What jar should i use to launch it?

Shiramizu

Jul 29, 2019
Repairing Weapons... I had a Steel Pickaxe with Efficiency and Unbreaking enchants on it. I put it in the forge, got it to Brilliant White and it melted back down to Steel. Was the intention to keep the enchants within the ingots?

I only ask because when looking at the item through NEI, it shows the ingot with the enchants still on it, but when I heat it up to Brilliant White, I just get a regular steel ingot... unless I did it wrong.

Here's a screengrab of my steel sword.

r9LeF1A.jpg

You can melt items in the forge now? Is this a setting in the game, because the NEI doesn't show anything and I can't even put any tools in the forge (ver 2.0).

Beavelguy

Jul 29, 2019
Right, I've been working on TerraFirmaPunk mob farms and MrOneWolfe has recommended that I start posting them for people to see, so here goes ^^

The playlist for the tutorial series can be found here... or individually:

Single Submarine Spawner
Airship Double Pigman Spawner
Giant Miner Spawner

More to come I hope... I'm enjoying the challenge of designing the mob farms as much as actually playing the pack. I'm trying to keep them as low-tech as possible (so for example you don't need a bucket for any of these builds so far) and I've built all of them in survival. Definitely open to suggestions, as these are the first tutorial videos I've made, so don't be shy about telling me what you think I should do differently ;)

MonkeyTown551

Jul 29, 2019
You can melt items in the forge now? Is this a setting in the game, because the NEI doesn't show anything and I can't even put any tools in the forge (ver 2.0).

I'm on 2.0.3. I know he's been working on a way to try to get repairing items/armor, and this is one of the way he's been working around it.

For weapon, I've noticed that it has to be enchanted for it to remelt in the forge. If it is not enchanted, the NEI doesn't show anything for that item.

For armor, Iron/Steel (that's all I have), it'll remelt back to the 1st form of the armor, so you will have to re-work it back up.

The playlist for the tutorial series can be found here... or individually:

Single Submarine Spawner
Airship Double Pigman Spawner
Giant Miner Spawner

I really appreciate it.

I just built the Airship version, except I broke one of the spawners a while ago, so I was only left with 1 spawner. :(

BUT, it was winter, so the ocean was iced over which made it much easier. It also makes it easier that I had my own airship from scavenging the balloons.

I used the fluffy clouds from the pirate airship as some of the building material that doesn't sink.

I'm looking for a good submarine spawner and that'll be my next one.

Thanks again!

Beavelguy

Jul 29, 2019
BUT, it was winter, so the ocean was iced over which made it much easier. It also makes it easier that I had my own airship from scavenging the balloons.

I used the fluffy clouds from the pirate airship as some of the building material that doesn't sink.

Ooooh that's a great idea! Haha bit late now but I wish I had something like that when I was building it ^^ I'm glad you've found them useful :)

J

JAWolfe

How did you get 2.03? Forge launcher shows 2.0 as the latest version.

I had this same problem. I went to the Third-Party Packs' Pack Codes and re-entered "Terrafirmapunk" and a new Terrafirmapunk pack was added to the list with the 2.03 update as an option.

Reactions: Shiramizu

Bob558

Jul 29, 2019
Tell me how to find the graphite? For information about the level of graphite occurrence I have not found

A

Absydian

Tell me how to find the graphite? For information about the level of graphite occurrence I have not found

Graphite and Koalinite are a pain in the butt to find. You won't find small deposits on the surface, the only way I know of to find them is to build a strong pro-pick, find a rock type that spawns it, then just run around using the pro-pick ever 10-20 blocks until it picks something up. Make sure to thoroughly check any ravines and caves you come across. It may take a few hours, but fortunately, once you have found a vein, you should have more than enough to build whatever u need with it!

If you don't know what rock types to look for, check this wiki page:
http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Ores_&_Minerals

Hope that helps!

MonkeyTown551

Jul 29, 2019
Ooooh that's a great idea! Haha bit late now but I wish I had something like that when I was building it ^^ I'm glad you've found them useful :)

One slight improvement for the Pirate Ship and the annoying bouncing Pigmen.

Instead of just having the Pigmen drop and stay (or jump) at the same block, make a small hallway 3 block high at the same level 2 blocks towards you.

This would have the Pigmen drop on the same block, then walk 2 blocks forward.

The jumping Pigmen will jump, but walk/bounce towards you into the small hallway. Since the hallway is 3 blocks high, even if they jump, it's much easier to hit them.

Hope this makes sense! :)

Beavelguy

Jul 29, 2019
One slight improvement for the Pirate Ship and the annoying bouncing Pigmen.

Instead of just having the Pigmen drop and stay (or jump) at the same block, make a small hallway 3 block high at the same level 2 blocks towards you.

This would have the Pigmen drop on the same block, then walk 2 blocks forward.

The jumping Pigmen will jump, but walk/bounce towards you into the small hallway. Since the hallway is 3 blocks high, even if they jump, it's much easier to hit them.

Hope this makes sense! :)

Yes it does, that's a great idea. My solution at the moment is to just relog and that resets their jumping... your solution would remove the worry about mobs despawning on a multiplayer server, although it might make it harder to collect the drops. Will have to test it when I get a chance.

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it does, that's a great idea. My solution at the moment is to just relog and that resets their jumping... your solution would remove the worry about mobs despawning on a multiplayer server, although it might make it harder to collect the drops. Will have to test it when I get a chance.

Use a fan to push them and the drops

MonkeyTown551

Jul 29, 2019

On one of the long side of the hallway, just leave a row of empty space on the wall at the same height where the mobs' feet are.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I was trying to think of a few TFC Addons to add that would help out with only being able to play alone? As much as I like the Mod/Pack People wasn't kidding when they said it was made to have friends to play with and I have reached the point I need to make Black steel and everything that comes from it and I'm just at the point where I want to quit.

I was looking at the Automated Bellows Addon that adds, well automated bellows that cost fuel to run, a pit kiln that lets you cook clay items, and a water filter(That allows you to filter hot water to fresh water. http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/7990-tfc-07924-automated-bellows-addon/ That's really the only addon I have found that doesn't make things OP for someone that is playing alone.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
For weapon, I've noticed that it has to be enchanted for it to remelt in the forge. If it is not enchanted, the NEI doesn't show anything for that item.

I never noticed that the weapons had to be enchanted before they would melt :(
I will have to look into that and see if its fixable ...

D

Dragnier

Wondering if someone can compile a list of core mods not yet updated to allow this pack to move to either 1.8.9 or 1.9.4, preferably the latter. I can just imagine how much more fun this pack could be with the combat update.

KatrinLilDevil

Jul 29, 2019
OneWolfe, i've come across a dup glitch you probably want to know about.

when exploring a rouge like dungeon, i found a couple forestry builders bags in a chest. when i picked up the chest, it put a VANILLA chest into the bag AS WELL AS an oak chest into my inventory. i was able to take the vanilla chest out of my inventory and place it as a vanilla chest. when i broke (repeated multiple times to test) the vanilla chest, it again went into the bag as a vanilla chest and made another oak chest in my inventory. this seems infinitely repeatable for oak chests while letting you also keep and use a vanilla chest.

also, i mentioned it to pakratt in his stream last tuesday, but not sure if you were told... the Ents that spawn from punching leaves seem to be able to be 1shot with a stone knife 90% of the time. the special versions seem to take 2 or 3 hits with the stone knife. this seems unintentional... so thought you should know.

soooooo enjoying the pack. thank you so much for all the work to put it together.