[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

Lhamabomb

Jul 29, 2019
k8MxoMm.png

Just a heads up @OneWolfe... Found those two vanilla buckets in the ruin you see in the screenshot. also vanilla eggs and 2 vanilla iron shovels.

Also... you might want to go through and take a look the recipies that require vanilla buckets. There's only a handful, but some (like the logi pipes fluid container supplier) can't be crafted without a vanilla iron bucket. I don't think any of the recipes warrant the need of red steel buckets (except for maybe the jerrycan from immersive engineering, or disable it completely)

IMO, i'd say the sprinkler(Cogs of the machine) bucket could be replaced with a double iron or steel sheet, not sure if it has any functionality though. the airlock (magneticraft) could be an openblocks sponge (which would need the vanilla wool replaced) with some of the glass replaced with iron+ sheets/double sheets.

Your pack, your call. Some of the bucket requiring recipes i can see not fitting your vision of the pack. But definitely the logi fluid container supplier should be fixed.

Also... idk if it's cause my power gen is horrid... but some (read: most) of the carpenter recipes not standard to forestry take an excessively long amount of time and RESET PROGRESS IF THE CHUNK IS UNLOADED!!! Imagine my frustration when going to make the brass pistons for my airship helm, only to go mining and come back to see my 3/4 progress on the first one reset to 0. Not sure if the intent was to make the recipes take a lot of power or a long time to craft, but it forces you to babysit the machine until it's done... which inhibits gameplay ALOT.

Reactions: OneWolfe

Lhamabomb

Jul 29, 2019
OH and the water generated by the Streams mod isn't recognized by the leather water sac mod. Petty i know but i set up next to a stream and have to run like 200 blocks to a lake if my rain water buckets empty... and i sleep often so the rainwater buckets are empty more than not XD

J

JAWolfe

If you need water, you could always pickup a water source block from a stream with the barrel and fill the leather sac from the barrel.

Lhamabomb

Jul 29, 2019
never thought of that tbh lol... anyways it's nbd anymore. Just made an airship and am gonna pack up all my stuff and move south. Making it a point to set up next to a lake XD

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
OH and the water generated by the Streams mod isn't recognized by the leather water sac mod. Petty i know but i set up next to a stream and have to run like 200 blocks to a lake if my rain water buckets empty... and i sleep often so the rainwater buckets are empty more than not XD

Doesn't work for the archemede's screw either.

D

davidHsonic

The vanilla buildcraft colored glass pipes are still craftable. Also, looking through the recipes (was looking for similar issues), there are a lot of buildcraft blocks with two recipes of very different difficulties (telling you in case this isn't intentional). Finally, a lot of textures seemed to be shifted and broken in the creative menu (and presumably everywhere else).

Lhamabomb

Jul 29, 2019
The vanilla buildcraft colored glass pipes are still craftable. Also, looking through the recipes (was looking for similar issues), there are a lot of buildcraft blocks with two recipes of very different difficulties (telling you in case this isn't intentional). Finally, a lot of textures seemed to be shifted and broken in the creative menu (and presumably everywhere else).

Also, it seems the creosote oil from logs recipes in the railcraft coke oven have 2 recipes for each log. One which gives 500mb oil, the other which gives 100mb oil. Not sure which you intended, but i'd be totally OK with the 100mb ones. I could fill a swimming pool with the amount of creosote i have atm

MonkeyTown551

Jul 29, 2019
Pressing F7 does not bring up the "Mob Spawn Overlay". Has this been disabled?

This is from a clean/fresh install of TerraFirmaPunk.

I've checked NEI's Option Keybinding, and it is set for F7.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Also... idk if it's cause my power gen is horrid... but some (read: most) of the carpenter recipes not standard to forestry take an excessively long amount of time and RESET PROGRESS IF THE CHUNK IS UNLOADED!!! Imagine my frustration when going to make the brass pistons for my airship helm, only to go mining and come back to see my 3/4 progress on the first one reset to 0. Not sure if the intent was to make the recipes take a lot of power or a long time to craft, but it forces you to babysit the machine until it's done... which inhibits gameplay ALOT.

I never realized that the non-standard carpentry recipes get reset when the chunks are unloaded. Yes those recipes are intended to take a long time to craft. Instant crafting of large or complex parts is something I wanted to do away with. Some survival games force a crafting time on their recipes but Minecraft does not :(

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you to everyone who has helped out and answered questions over the last week! :D

I took a bit of a long break this weekend and have been out of touch, but I am now going through the list of issues from the last three or four pages and I am fixing what I can, and plan to post the next update as soon as possible this week.

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you to everyone who has helped out and answered questions over the last week! :D

I took a bit of a long break this weekend and have been out of touch, but I am now going through the list of issues from the last three or four pages and I am fixing what I can, and plan to post the next update as soon as possible this week.

Anything we can do to help out with this great modpack

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Other than just keep playing. And of course letting me know if there are any fatal bugs. I do however love to watch any YouTube videos and play throughs of the pack :D

I can only watch non TFC youtubers try to TFC for so long before I want to kill someone.

Lhamabomb

Jul 29, 2019

I had one more question. I was asking in pakratt's last live stream but think it got lost in the obliviousness XD. What's the deal with stone gears? i don't see any way to craft them.

Also, have you gotten a chance to look at any of the cyclical recipe gates? i.e need this machine to craft another machine which needs the 2nd machine to craft parts for the first?

Also... might want to take a look at Pinky spawns... i know you don't intend people to play the pack on peaceful mode... however... i do... and Pinkys spawn regardless of the difficulty setting. this wouldn't be a huge issue... except they still ATTEMPT to attack the player and do no damage... it essentially becomes a mass of FOV blocking pixels in the screen. Again... i get that the pack is not meant to be played in peaceful mode... so i understand if the response is "Tough cookies deal with it carebear"

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I had one more question. I was asking in pakratt's last live stream but think it got lost in the obliviousness XD. What's the deal with stone gears? i don't see any way to craft them.

Also, have you gotten a chance to look at any of the cyclical recipe gates? i.e need this machine to craft another machine which needs the 2nd machine to craft parts for the first?

Also... might want to take a look at Pinky spawns... i know you don't intend people to play the pack on peaceful mode... however... i do... and Pinkys spawn regardless of the difficulty setting. this wouldn't be a huge issue... except they still ATTEMPT to attack the player and do no damage... it essentially becomes a mass of FOV blocking pixels in the screen. Again... i get that the pack is not meant to be played in peaceful mode... so i understand if the response is "Tough cookies deal with it carebear"

I will not support peaceful mode game play! Or Creative mode!

Because mob drops are intended as a major portion of progression in this pack, I will not make recipes available that should ONLY be acquired through mobs. You never hear people complain that they cant make TNT or Beacons in Peaceful :p

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

I do not know why the Pinkys continue to spawn, its like Lycanites treats them as a passive mob or something. I will look at the files controlling their spawns and see if anything jumps out, but no guarantees at this point.

Lhamabomb

Jul 29, 2019
I will not support peaceful mode game play! Or Creative mode!

Because mob drops are intended as a major portion of progression in this pack, I will not make recipes available that should ONLY be acquired through mobs. You never hear people complain that they cant make TNT or Beacons in Peaceful :p

Oh no i wasn't asking for beacons from cobble or anything like that lol. In fact, i tend to find the pack a tad more challenging without the hostile mobs. Try building an airship with nothing but string from cobwebs XD.

The way the pack sits currently hostile mob wise, it not really meant for SSP. Especially with HQM defaulting to hardcore mode, you could have your world deleted in the first 10 min. I know the TFC Tuesday crew even have a hard time with the mobs sometimes, and there's like 10 of them on that server (getting run up on by McLaud and 1 shot? yeah noty) and they aren't running hardcore (ian with 100+ deaths...)

Plain and simple, you assembled a great collection of mods in this pack, and you've done a great job getting them all to play nice. I know your vision of the pack is suppose to be a "post apocalyptic wasteland" kinda deal. However, not even Crash Landing was this difficult in the hostile mob sense. I think lycanites + infernal is a little overkill, but again, just my opinion. But i'm very satisfied with the difficulty of certain recipes.

So when you say you won't make available any recipes that should only be available through mob drops, do you mean standard drops (string, gunpowder, rotten flesh, etc) or do you mean there will be certain items you'll require for your crafting recipes that can only be obtained from mobs?

Also... stone gears... whats the deal with that? lol