[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

theluckyone17

Jul 29, 2019
Does TFP pull a copy of the server's config down to the local client? If so, you wouldn't have to change each client locally.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Is the open blocks sleeping bag not actually available? The recipe in NEI shows vanilla wool instead of TFC wool/silk/burlap.

Lhamabomb

Jul 29, 2019
Is the open blocks sleeping bag not actually available? The recipe in NEI shows vanilla wool instead of TFC wool/silk/burlap.

They can be found quite frequently in the Rogue-like dungeons (big building made with treated wood stuff, staircase in the middle) on the first 2 levels.

Reactions: OneWolfe

Lhamabomb

Jul 29, 2019
So is it intentional that stone gears don't have a recipe? i've also noticed quite a few cyclical recipe gates that make it impossible to progress...

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
They can be found quite frequently in the Rogue-like dungeons (big building made with treated wood stuff, staircase in the middle) on the first 2 levels.

Fair enough. Makes a great loot item. I just didn't know if the recipe was wrong. Thanks for the response

C

ColdComfort

So is it intentional that stone gears don't have a recipe? i've also noticed quite a few cyclical recipe gates that make it impossible to progress...

I believe you can get around that using the IE Metal Press to make iron gears, which raises the minimum cost of piping, while still having it in the game.

Bl4ck5tar

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know how to start a server becuase i keep getting a error with forge jar. it is version 1.0.99
There is an error when launching server from the bat file where the name in the script does not match the name of the target forge.jar file. Copying the name listed in the cmd window's error message and replacing the name of the forge file fixes this.... or vise versa.... but messing with the code in the .bat is generally a bad idea unless you know what you are doing.

-copy the name of Forge from the ERROR message in the CMD window and replace the name of the "forge-[VERSION]-universal.jar" .
-exit the .bat launcher
-double click the .bat to launch the server and it should now work.

Last edited:
C

Cralis

If you're using the TFP dedicated server, it's easier to modify the forge version listed in the config.txt than to edit the server start batch file.

C

ColdComfort

If you're using the TFP dedicated server, it's easier to modify the forge version listed in the config.txt than to edit the server start batch file.

Or, just skip the batch file entirely... The main function seems to be to check if the EULA has been "signed".

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm getting a weird render problem in my SSP world. I also have a server for SMP with friends, but I don't get the problems there. I don't know what's causing it, but occasionally enemy models show up on my head upside-down, like the minotaur punks, witches, and skeletons. Sometimes instead, my limbs and torso move out of place, such as when swimming, putting my arms and legs vertical but my torso and head horizontal, or my torso will be rotated sideways, my head will be upside-down, and my one arm is floating off in the air beside my other. I've tried googling the bug too, and the only thing I've found is removing Optifine, except this pack doesn't have it, so I'm at a loss.

I'd call it a minor bug - I mean, it's still playable, usually - except there are times where it's just absolutely blinding, where I can't see anything outside the body spawning on my head, and it's really getting annoying. I don't have any additional mods added to the pack, and I've already tried removing both fastcraft and hats in case they were causing it (I've heard both of them can cause render issues because they change vanilla rendering). Does anybody know what other mods could be causing this bug?

I am now having the same issue.. Did you find the fix?

Kira Shino

Jul 29, 2019
Why are things appearing on my head!!? I had only seen it happen couple time before but it was only a moment so i ignored it. i had been flying around and a wither skeleton appeared overlaping my character but upside down. Or seeing feet pop up and disappear when walking. But this.... i can't take this. It almost constantly there, and is on my head blocking my view. I had just started this new world, 1st time in this biome so i dont know if that part of it.
http://puu.sh/oJDoa/d5da185da8.jpg
http://puu.sh/oJDoB/ff46abfa93.jpg

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Why are things appearing on my head!!? I had only seen it happen couple time before but it was only a moment so i ignored it. i had been flying around and a wither skeleton appeared overlaping my character but upside down. Or seeing feet pop up and disappear when walking. But this.... i can't take this. It almost constantly there, and is on my head blocking my view. I had just started this new world, 1st time in this biome so i dont know if that part of it.
http://puu.sh/oJDoa/d5da185da8.jpg
http://puu.sh/oJDoB/ff46abfa93.jpg

I found that if I enabled Advanced OpenGL in the video settings that it would go away. Not sure what is causing it. May be an Nvidia driver issue.

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone tried using the Miner's Backpack from Forestry? I've tried fixing the config file but it doesn't seem to work with TFC ores.

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone tried using the Miner's Backpack from Forestry? I've tried fixing the config file but it doesn't seem to work with TFC ores.

Okay I figured it out. For those that are trying to use it. You need to edit the backpacks config file for forestry. Do a replace all and change all itemStacks to item.stacks and change all oreDict to ore.dict.

I'm not sure if you need to clean up all double entries, but I did just so that I could follow what was going on.

Lhamabomb

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I figured it out. For those that are trying to use it. You need to edit the backpacks config file for forestry. Do a replace all and change all itemStacks to item.stacks and change all oreDict to ore.dict.

I'm not sure if you need to clean up all double entries, but I did just so that I could follow what was going on.

Bro... i was just coming here to ask that... +5 internets for claivoyance XD

Lhamabomb

Jul 29, 2019
also... those bags are so broken... fill a barrel with them and bring em on mining trips, clear out several veins and still have room XD

MonkeyTown551

Jul 29, 2019
Tring to start a new solo game on 1.0.99.

Fresh install. Start new game, create new world, and just crashes to desktop.

I just finished "Galactic Science", and "Ferret Business" runs fine as well.

Any thoughts?

I also deleted the TerraFirmaPunk folder and reinstalled, but same problem.

UPDATE - Disabled "Fastcraft" and it now launches the new world.

Last edited: