[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

Stephen Dunne

Jul 29, 2019
I recently started a new map today with a few friends. We played for at least 5 hours and did not see a single meteor drop so I am curious if it might be the seed or just how you PC handles Random Number Generation.

But the sound is definitely a bug. Quite often when I have seen them drop there is an echo with a very distinct delay so it almost sounds like 2 meteors falling at the same time. My guess is this might be caused by the Sound Filters.

I've had 2 meteor drops so far since the update ( I play ALOT tho :p), both times they were bugged out (repeating loud booming noise), when i get closer to the noise i see the meteor glitching in the sky for a couple of seconds before landing. Once it lands the noise stops, Leaving vanilla stone & glowstone :)

Although i dont think the modpack needs anymore mods atm.. 1 or 2 i found for the future... Steamcraft 2! , Rails of War,

Inventory Tweaks & the add-on fix for the chests could be added client side, along with Journeymap & 2D animal icons addon :) (I also add Optifine & Fastcraft which i add for all packs I play to help with world gen)

Brilliant Modpack once again Wolf!

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I have just decided to enter the pack into the FTB JamPacked II competition on May 15th. The focus for this years competition is a quest based post apocalypse theme which really fits well with TFC and the ruins of TFP :D

In order to prepare for this competition I need to focus on bugs, quest balancing, mob balancing, making sure that all the quests are completable and the items are craftable. I do not want to add any additional content mods until my competition entry is complete, sorry to everyone asking for magic mods, they will have to wait for now.

I am however very interested in anyone who wants to submit ruins to be included in the pack. :D
Please try to limit the style to pre-industrial age style post apocalypse builds and only use TFC blocks. The Ruins mod will not work with the chisel detail blocks, forge microblocks, or carptenters blocks. If you want to include machines please only use pipes, tanks, fans, hammers, and whistles from Flaxbeards. Most Bibliocraft furniture is also acceptable.
Builds should not be larger than 25X25 and no more than 30 tall. The smaller the build the more likely it will actually spawn in the world.
Please no underground builds, a house with a basement is ok.

Here are some specific builds I am looking for.
  • Sunken Steam Ship like the Titanic
  • Old ruined train stations
  • ScienceLab
  • School House
  • Abandoned Street Corner (might have a single streetlamp)
  • General Store
  • Ruined Scaffolding for some kind of drilling machine (Think Journey to the Center of the Earth)

Thank you everyone for the help and support with this project so far :D

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
I have just decided to enter the pack into the FTB JamPacked II competition on May 15th. The focus for this years competition is a quest based post apocalypse theme which really fits well with TFC and the ruins of TFP :D

In order to prepare for this competition I need to focus on bugs, quest balancing, mob balancing, making sure that all the quests are completable and the items are craftable. I do not want to add any additional content mods until my competition entry is complete, sorry to everyone asking for magic mods, they will have to wait for now.

I am however very interested in anyone who wants to submit ruins to be included in the pack. :D
Please try to limit the style to pre-industrial age style post apocalypse builds and only use TFC blocks. The Ruins mod will not work with the chisel detail blocks, forge microblocks, or carptenters blocks. If you want to include machines please only use pipes, tanks, fans, hammers, and whistles from Flaxbeards. Most Bibliocraft furniture is also acceptable.
Builds should not be larger than 25X25 and no more than 30 tall. The smaller the build the more likely it will actually spawn in the world.
Please no underground builds, a house with a basement is ok.

Here are some specific builds I am looking for.
  • Sunken Steam Ship like the Titanic
  • Old ruined train stations
  • ScienceLab
  • School House
  • Abandoned Street Corner (might have a single streetlamp)
  • General Store
  • Ruined Scaffolding for some kind of drilling machine (Think Journey to the Center of the Earth)

Thank you everyone for the help and support with this project so far :D

Unfortunately, it doesn't fit the rules... :(

Packs that have been publicly worked on before this announcement are not eligible.

remolachax

Jul 29, 2019
lol tx, but rich native copper sometimes is so dificult. On terrafirma normal copper is 50% poor 30 and rich 20%

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Although i dont think the modpack needs anymore mods atm.. 1 or 2 i found for the future... Steamcraft 2! , Rails of War

I have looked at both Steamcraft 2 and Rails of War and I just don't see either of them in the pack at this point. They both seem to be incomplete.

Steamcraft 2, last time I check dosnt even come close to Flaxbeard's in quality or quantity, this mod is going to need a lot of work before I will consider it.

Rails of War, very broken, maybe creative only, but for a survival adventure pack I just don't see how I could even make it fit. Track placement dosnt make sense, the cars are glitchy and unusable and the engines didn't have any way to interact with for adding coal and water. Plus there weren't any crafting recipes. If the mod did have recipes they would have to be very very expensive to for such large vehicles to make any sense in TFC. The smallest engine alone should take hundreds of steel plates just to make the boiler.

LOL

Basicly, in a nut shell, Steamcraft 2 is too underwhelming and RoW is too OP and broken.

remolachax

Jul 29, 2019
The quests of penetrate arrows, needs redstone a minecraft stick, and a feater. I have a poundler and the wood is incompatible i think :(

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
2015-03-19_14.17.18.png

Does anyone know the settings to disable this out of date message for Reika's Mods?

Pyrocantaes

Jul 29, 2019
My mate is trying to setup a TerraFirmaPunk Server..he is used to running other FTB server packs including the current Infinity Pack.
Taking a copy of the Server Setup for Infinity, which uses Forge1-7-10.1291, he removed all the mods and overwrote them with the TerraFirmapunk pack and then removed the client side mods. However the server will not run. If he removes Railcraft and Streams it does.. but the client then fails to connect.
Does anyone actually have a valid server setup that works with TerraFirmaPunk?
After spending 6 days and going through 70 world seeds to find one that will work, I'd like to get the server setup so my gallant bands of novices can play.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
My mate is trying to setup a TerraFirmaPunk Server..he is used to running other FTB server packs including the current Infinity Pack.
Taking a copy of the Server Setup for Infinity, which uses Forge1-7-10.1291, he removed all the mods and overwrote them with the TerraFirmapunk pack and then removed the client side mods. However the server will not run. If he removes Railcraft and Streams it does.. but the client then fails to connect.
Does anyone actually have a valid server setup that works with TerraFirmaPunk?
After spending 6 days and going through 70 world seeds to find one that will work, I'd like to get the server setup so my gallant bands of novices can play.

Feel Free to contact me directly in a PM if you want.

A few questions first tho ...
Do you have FastCraft installed on the server. I have found this helps greatly.

Have you tried a new version of forge? I run my client on 1300 and the server is 1298 I think.

Sometimes when I am building a TFP server I have to load the mods in a sequence instead of just dumping the entire bunch in all at once. I usualy start by getting the TFC core running on its own, then adding all the NEI mods and TFC addons.

Why is your Admin removing RailCraft? This mod is tied into the HQM quests and should be causing that mod to crash when it cant find any of the RailCraft items.

Streams I can understand, since it is mostly a visual effect and can cause some lag with terrain generation.

Have you also tried removing the Ruins mod? Usually when a server is failing to start for the first time this is one of the very first mods I disable.

When the clients are trying to connect to the server do all of the mods match and are all of the config files the same?

And lastly, is the version 16 server download not working again?

Thank you for letting me know about the troubles,
OneWolfe-

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
In the DragonAPI.cfg(Reika Folder) .. "Log errors to chat"=true <change that to false ?

Unfortunately that is not working :(

And updating all of the Related mods is causing even more fatal errors. I have managed to track the issue to NEI. Updated all of the NEI dependencies am still getting the "internal server shut down" error when ever a map is loaded or generated.

At this point I am completely stumped. If I cannot get this figured out over the weekend I will have to decide to REMOVE one or more of these mods, or be stuck with the annoying scrolling messages.

EDIT: This is really wierd, somehow having Applied Energistics installed seems to fix the crashing problem :confused:

Last edited: