[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

C

Cralis

And another item of interest: why does breaking sea weed break the gravel block beneath it? One bug that stems from that is that if the gravel produces a flint, you don't get any sea weed. That and the sea weed drops from the gravel block. I'm guessing they don't grow back like tall grass?

O

Obuw

I've seen carrots growing in the wild. Planted the seeds, picked the carrots, and got credit for it on the quest.

You found vanilla carrots growing in the wild, and you could plant the seeds? Strange. I couldn't plant the melon seeds I got from a quest, I thought TFC disabled all vanilla farming.

- Flaxbeard's crucible accepts tfc brass ingots. This makes for a HUGE saving of brass since you need only 2/3 of an ingot for a single plate that can be used in place of brass sheets.

EDIT: Also, is there any way to obtain rotten flesh in this version? Need some for the fertilizer.

Flaxbeard crucible actually works? I have to look into it more. :O

I have gotten a few pieces of rotten flesh from here and there, but haven't found a reliable source.

Question: the large vessel made from clay. It says "slot: back" ... does that actually mean anything? I don't see it in the wiki for TFC.

Like barrels, when you seal it, break it and pick it up, you'll be overencumbered and unable to move unless you equip it on your back slot (the invisible slot to the right of your chest armor slot).

And another item of interest: why does breaking sea weed break the gravel block beneath it? One bug that stems from that is that if the gravel produces a flint, you don't get any sea weed. That and the sea weed drops from the gravel block. I'm guessing they don't grow back like tall grass?

Yeah seaweed seems to behave that way. I'm not sure if they grow back, they might do, since there are still tons of seaweed everywhere around my base even though I ate all metric tons of it. They might re-spawn the same way vegetables randomly re-appear in the world.

Reactions: OneWolfe

Shiramizu

Jul 29, 2019
On seaweed: You can harvest it with a knife and it won't break the block. IIRC you need to right-click it to do that

On another note. Is there any way to make Ex Nihilo hammers last longer? Kind of feels odd to have a tool that needs 2 pig iron and lasts 250 uses as opposed to steel tools 5k durability.

Edit: Just tried to test crossbows and my game crashed when I tried to right click it with anvil made bolts in my hotbar.

Yet another edit: In which dungeon or area can I find some Carmite Broodlings I need for the quest?

Last edited:
O

Obuw

Okay, encountered a serious problem this time.

Tried to make cast iron by putting pig iron into a coke oven. Game crashed. And now the game crashes on startup.

http://pastebin.ca/3491962

Specifically, I took out the logs and charcoal in the coke oven, and put 3 pig iron in there. The game crashed on the first "tick" of the progress arrow.

Also had a hopper feeding logs into the coke oven, but I don't think it interfered.

Looks like worldedit time. :S

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, encountered a serious problem this time.

Tried to make cast iron by putting pig iron into a coke oven. Game crashed. And now the game crashes on startup.

http://pastebin.ca/3491962

Specifically, I took out the logs and charcoal in the coke oven, and put 3 pig iron in there. The game crashed on the first "tick" of the progress arrow.

Also had a hopper feeding logs into the coke oven, but I don't think it interfered.

Looks like worldedit time. :S

Yes this bug is known and fixed. There is a way to fix your world without MCEdit. In the Railcraft cofigs is a file called blocks where you can disable all the Railcraft blocks. Simply disable the coke oven block and reload your world.

The problem is because I created a recipe for turning pig iron into cast iron but didnt give it a cresote value so it will keep breaking :(

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so a bit more into the modpack with more comments / questions :p
- Some quest seem to require specific type of item. Like the door quest only accepts oak doors, but nor say sequoia ones.
- It seems weird to me that to get to the blast furnace section of the quests you need to complete the blueprint quest.
- Food reward for the pig iron dissapeared as soon as I claimed it most likely due to spoilage .
- Flaxbeard's crucible accepts tfc brass ingots. This makes for a HUGE saving of brass since you need only 2/3 of an ingot for a single plate that can be used in place of brass sheets.

EDIT: Also, is there any way to obtain rotten flesh in this version? Need some for the fertilizer.

I think I was able to fix the Door quest by creating an Ore Dictionary entry for door. Why there wasnt one before I just dont know.

Whats wrong with Blueprints, they are super easy to make!

HQM never did like TFC food. I hope this isnt effecting ALL the food rewards otherwise I am never going to be able to offer food again :(

Rotten Flesh was removed from zombie drops for various reasons. I would like to be able put it back but at a much lower rate cuz the normal TFC zombies drop way too much :p

C

Cralis

You found vanilla carrots growing in the wild, and you could plant the seeds? Strange. I couldn't plant the melon seeds I got from a quest, I thought TFC disabled all vanilla farming.

No, I found carrots that broke and gave me a carrot and seeds. The carrot is... just a carrot and seems to work.

Like barrels, when you seal it, break it and pick it up, you'll be overencumbered and unable to move unless you equip it on your back slot (the invisible slot to the right of your chest armor slot).

Invisible? Really? That should be fixed... so you seal it and can put it on your back? You can't if it's not sealed? I guess I can experiment.

iamamitten

Jul 29, 2019

Attachments

• 2016-04-16_14.00.32.png
    2016-04-16_14.00.32.png
    184.4 KB · Views: 56

iamamitten

Jul 29, 2019
If I could make a suggestion, I would even accept this extra expense for the iron tank walls

they're SO damn useful

EDIT: OH, hell, I usually ignore anvil recipe pages. Thanks!

Attachments

• 2016-04-16_14.06.19.png
    2016-04-16_14.06.19.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 50
O

Obuw

Yes this bug is known and fixed. There is a way to fix your world without MCEdit. In the Railcraft cofigs is a file called blocks where you can disable all the Railcraft blocks. Simply disable the coke oven block and reload your world.

The problem is because I created a recipe for turning pig iron into cast iron but didnt give it a cresote value so it will keep breaking :(

Argh! So I can't make cast iron? :( Any way I can fix the recipe on my side from a minetweaker script or something?

HQM never did like TFC food. I hope this isnt effecting ALL the food rewards otherwise I am never going to be able to offer food again :(

FYI the pork given from that quest didn't disappear for me. I did delete it myself shortly after acquiring it (I have way too much meat already at this point :p), so if it disappears after an hourly decay tick or something, I might have not waited that long.

Invisible? Really? That should be fixed... so you seal it and can put it on your back? You can't if it's not sealed? I guess I can experiment.

Yeah the slot is invisible. I was scratching my head about that "equipped on back" thing too, until I made a quiver and shift-click equipped it. "Ohh, that's where the slot is". Anyway, yeah the vessel needs to be sealed to be able to go in your back. If it's unsealed, breaking it just spills its contents and returns the vessel as a regular item you can carry normally without being encumbered.

O

Obuw

PS speaking of the Iron Tank... Are Iron Tanks / Steel Tanks the only high volume liquid storage in the pack? I have like 50+ IE barrels of creosote at this point, I wish I could make drums. :p

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Argh! So I can't make cast iron? :( Any way I can fix the recipe on my side from a minetweaker script or something?
In the Steamcraft2.zs file, line 11: change

mods.railcraft.CokeOven.addRecipe(<terrafirmacraft:item.Pig Iron Ingot>, false, false, <steamcraft2:ItemIngot:7>, null, 4000);

to
mods.railcraft.CokeOven.addRecipe(<steamcraft2:ItemIngot:7>, <liquid:creosote> * 0, <terrafirmacraft:item.Pig Iron Ingot>, 4000);

That should fix the recipe if you dont want to wait for the next update.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
PS speaking of the Iron Tank... Are Iron Tanks / Steel Tanks the only high volume liquid storage in the pack? I have like 50+ IE barrels of creosote at this point, I wish I could make drums. :p

Open Block Tanks maybe?

Do the IE barrels output to fluid hoppers yet?

The Magneticraft Fluid Hoppers only pick up source blocks as far as I know. You need to use the BC fluid pipes if you want to move liquids around. Unless you found a better way?

iamamitten

Jul 29, 2019
well, they seem to be taking from coke ovens and openblocks tanks, but the bottom of the model even appears sealed, so it makes sense in a way.

Attachments

• 2016-04-16_14.28.27.png
    2016-04-16_14.28.27.png
    814.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 2016-04-16_14.28.33.png
    2016-04-16_14.28.33.png
    875.3 KB · Views: 49

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
well, they seem to be taking from coke ovens and openblocks tanks, but the bottom of the model even appears sealed, so it makes sense in a way.

I have never actually tested the Fluid Hoppers, just that the Spotlight video I watched showed them picking up water and lava source blocks.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to get an update posted to day but still have alot of work left before its ready. Besides all of the requests and bug fixing I am working on adding advanced ore processing with the Immersive Engineering and Magneticraft machines as well as integrating Logistics Pipes into the tech tree.

Hopefully I can have everything ready this evening or early tomorrow.