[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

O

Obuw

Axes do more damage than knives, and have longer reach (I think), but they have less durability (they lose 2 durability every hit, they break in 25-30 hits iirc) so make sure to have several on you. Once you get a bow you can start to dish out some real damage. It can do upwards of 1000-1200 damage when fully drawn, and arrows are dirt cheap and can be picked back up. (Also don't forget you can make a quiver.)

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Are the dungeon chests bugged, or is the loot supposed to be junk? All I've found are Steamcraft 2 Lore Books (which are empty) and Floppy Disks from ComputerCraft.

Can you be more specific? There are several different kinds of chests that spawn in the world, but only two mods that generate them. Dungeons have a single tower with a massive labyrinth beneath and each floor should have different qualities of loot available. Ruins can appear in any number of shapes and generally only show up on the surface, they all have the same cheap low level items from stone tools to basic seeds.

I can only guess that you are referring to the chests found in the random buildings on the surface since I have seen alot of the Steamcraft 2 lore books (Yuck). I think the issue is from the loot tables used to fill the random surface ruins. By default that table it terribly formatted and horrible to read, so I tried to clean it up and make it easier for me to manage. Unfortunately it seems that doing so may the table invalid and nothing in the list is getting generated :(

Sorry for the inconvenience, it should be fixed in the next update. Unfortunately any chests that have already been generated will still have the same "crap" in them, so finding new loot will require loading new chunks or even a new map.

O

Obuw

Oh right, I have also gotten a lot of empty lore books and floppy disks from surface ruins. So, is it safe to throw them away?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Oh right, I have also gotten a lot of empty lore books and floppy disks from surface ruins. So, is it safe to throw them away?

There might be a quest for collecting those disks ;)

The books however are total rubbish :p

Last edited:
O

Obuw

So I came across a slime spawner in the middle of a river underwater, in a plains biome. I thought my slimeball troubles were solved! However, it doesn't seem to spawn anything? I even cleared all the water around it, and leveled the ground to the spawner's level, but nothing. No light sources either. Is it perhaps because the spawners obey the spawning rules of the creature they are supposed to spawn? So it'd need to be in a swamp biome, or at a low y-level in a slime chunk to work?

I wish there was a way to move spawners. :p

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
So I came across a slime spawner in the middle of a river underwater, in a plains biome. I thought my slimeball troubles were solved! However, it doesn't seem to spawn anything? I even cleared all the water around it, and leveled the ground to the spawner's level, but nothing. No light sources either. Is it perhaps because the spawners obey the spawning rules of the creature they are supposed to spawn? So it'd need to be in a swamp biome, or at a low y-level in a slime chunk to work?

That is very strange! I wonder how it got there? Can you provide any more details, or even a screen shot with the WAILA showing?

So after some testing with both kinds of Slime Spawners I can conclude that neither one will spawn anything regardless of light levels or location :(

I just need to figure out what is creating them.

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

So now I remember why slimes are not spawning underground ... It was because they were doing absolutely no damage to players. After a few tests today I can now feel confident about letting them run-a-muck in the deep places of the world. :D

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
RUBBER TREES COMING SOON!

irDzxnJh.png

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the spawner:

https://imgur.com/9vl4CjA

It used to be under the water in the stream.

Rubber trees look awesome btw!

Ok, thats a vanilla spawner. It was in a river you say? This could take some time for me to find which ruins are using those spawners. Unfortunately its not going to ever spawn anything :(

For now I suggest finding a way to farm those beetles ...

C

ColdComfort

Hey OneWolfe, was thinking of setting up a semi-public server for this modset. Off the top of your head, do you have any estimation of what the CPU/memory requirements for that would be? I've hosted FTB Departed, Infinity, and a few of my own in the past, but I'm not sure how this compares.

Also, if you have any objections to my doing this, or feel that this might be premature, please don't hesitate to let me know.

C

Cralis

Oh how cool! I played TFC quite a while ago when it was pretty new. I liked the idea, but there just wasn't enough content. But to combine with steampunk? Neat!

So I've been playing with it and I have a few observations:

1. With a LOT of effort and copying from other FTB servers, I got the server to run. It doesn't download the necessary libraries to run. Also, the first 9-chunk radius around the starting area was all default minecraft terrain. Fortunately a snowy mountain spawned near the edge so I could climb up to the TFC height. But it also meant that I had default dirt, cobble, and other stuff to play with...

2. I see the others are already suggesting rewards of vegetables and such (and their seeds) for early quest rewards. I was also going to suggest that. I didn't think of having mobs drop them (or seeds), but for weak mobs you find early that might be a good idea. Especially those willy blue kobolds that keep spawning all over the place.

3. I also have been finding only lore books in chests. But these are not "dungeons" but rather the "points of interest" from Twilight Forest. For example, the overland maze. The chests in these have nothing but lore books in them.

4. Twilight forest is probably responsible for the spawners found underground. I know that that mod uses them to create large concentrations of monsters in certain areas.

5. I personally don't think it should take so long to chop a single block of wood. It takes a whole minute to chop down a whole tree or a single block of wood. Is there a way to make the time dependent upon how much you are actually chopping?

6. Quest rewards of a "single" piece of coal or charcoal is pretty much worthless. It should be at least a quarter stack or something entirely different that has value in singles.

I'll post more as I come across them. I don't have a lot of time to play, so it might take me a while to get to the more advanced stuff!

P.S. I highly recommend you have the quest for the power source BEFORE the blocks that need the power. Or, alongside it as a multi-part quest. Or something like that...

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey OneWolfe, was thinking of setting up a semi-public server for this modset. Off the top of your head, do you have any estimation of what the CPU/memory requirements for that would be? I've hosted FTB Departed, Infinity, and a few of my own in the past, but I'm not sure how this compares.

Also, if you have any objections to my doing this, or feel that this might be premature, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Go right ahead and have fun :D
I would not even have a clue what specs you would need to a public server! About a year ago I rented the best VM I could afford to run the pack for just me and a few friends, it was still laggy from time to time.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
1. With a LOT of effort and copying from other FTB servers, I got the server to run. It doesn't download the necessary libraries to run. Also, the first 9-chunk radius around the starting area was all default minecraft terrain. Fortunately a snowy mountain spawned near the edge so I could climb up to the TFC height. But it also meant that I had default dirt, cobble, and other stuff to play with...

It surprises me at how often FTB fails to include the server versions when I send them updates :(

The terrain generation sounds like the server was started with vanilla minecraft and then added TFC afterwards. Try deleting everything in the "worlds" folder and start a new map.

C

Cralis

It surprises me at how often FTB fails to include the server versions when I send them updates :(

The terrain generation sounds like the server was started with vanilla minecraft and then added TFC afterwards. Try deleting everything in the "worlds" folder and start a new map.

I always run the server with default settings first and then restart, so that all the files are properly set. So that's exactly what I did: I erased the folder and restarted. In fact, I've done it twice and it started that way both times.

O

Obuw

Ok, thats a vanilla spawner. It was in a river you say? This could take some time for me to find which ruins are using those spawners. Unfortunately its not going to ever spawn anything :(

For now I suggest finding a way to farm those beetles ...

Beetles? They drop slimeballs!? *Runs off to farm them*.

Yeah... killed 5-6 of them, no slimeballs. Also killed a fire beetle, nothing. Have I been unlucky, or is it another beetle I should be looking for?

Oh, speaking of drops, I don't think zombies drop vanilla carrots or potatoes anymore, so those two quests in the first chapter aren't completable, unless I'm missing something.

C

Cralis

Oh, speaking of drops, I don't think zombies drop vanilla carrots or potatoes anymore, so those two quests in the first chapter aren't completable, unless I'm missing something.

I've seen carrots growing in the wild. Planted the seeds, picked the carrots, and got credit for it on the quest.

C

Cralis

In your ruins.txt the lines:

specific_Lighted Forest=75
specific_Highlands Center=75

...and in fact, I believe, ALL of the Twilight Forest biomes do not have spaces in their names. I wonder if that is responsible for these lines at the end of my server launch:

[00:03:57] [Thread-24/INFO] [STDOUT]: [atomicstryker.ruins.common.FileHandler:re
adPerWorldOptions:369]: Did not find Matching Biome for config string: [Highland
s]
[00:03:57] [Thread-24/INFO] [STDOUT]: [atomicstryker.ruins.common.FileHandler:re
adPerWorldOptions:369]: Did not find Matching Biome for config string: [Lighted
Forest]

I say this because in the twilight forest config, the names are entered as:

I:biome.id.LightedForest=51

Hmmmm. However, I tried removing the space and it doesn't seem to be fixing the problem. It's late... I should go to bed and try to figure this out later.

Shiramizu

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so a bit more into the modpack with more comments / questions :p
- Some quest seem to require specific type of item. Like the door quest only accepts oak doors, but nor say sequoia ones.
- It seems weird to me that to get to the blast furnace section of the quests you need to complete the blueprint quest.
- Food reward for the pig iron dissapeared as soon as I claimed it most likely due to spoilage .
- Flaxbeard's crucible accepts tfc brass ingots. This makes for a HUGE saving of brass since you need only 2/3 of an ingot for a single plate that can be used in place of brass sheets.

EDIT: Also, is there any way to obtain rotten flesh in this version? Need some for the fertilizer.

Last edited:
C

Cralis

Question: the large vessel made from clay. It says "slot: back" ... does that actually mean anything? I don't see it in the wiki for TFC.