[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Could you instruct me how to update the minecraft version for the mod both server side and client side. I have a pretty decent computer dedicated as a server nothing running background. I.E AMDFX 8 core processor 4.0GHZ 16 Gig ram. Radeon HD 7950. Good internet connection. It is so lag intensive it can't support more than 2 people at a time that's even on a local network (Thought it was the modem but... we have tested it on 3 a Bipac, Asus and a Netcomm no different). Getting 60,000 Average tick to well above. I am really thinking I need the other cores at work so the upgraded minecraft version. Thanks for your help

Addendum (smooth as marble generally on FTB ultimate and unleashed.)

TFC is not currently updated to MC 1.8, and until it does, this pack will most likely be staying in MC 1.7.10. You can try a mod called tick threading (don't know if it updated to 1.7), and that should make MC use multiple cores.

MrDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there!

Seem's to be an issue happening with Brine. I'm unsure if this is actually mod pack, or TFC itself related however I couldn't find anything from TFC about brine not working. Here you'll see I have my barrel of Salt Water, and a bucket of Vinegar. But it just won't change, am I doing something wrong, or is there a known issue that I cannot find?

http://prntscr.com/606hqt

MrDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, the issue was that you aren't meant to have a full barrel at all.

I read the wiki wrong entirely.

MrDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Oh no, not at all, taken from their wiki page.

"Brine is created by adding a single bucket of vinegar to a barrel containing at least 1,000 mB of salt water. The recipe is instant, and does not require the barrel to be sealed."

You can also see where I can get confused, when they say at least 1,000mB I thouht you could fill a barrel, apparently not.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019

"Brine is created by adding a single bucket of vinegar to a barrel containing at least 1,000 mB of salt water. The recipe is instant, and does not require the barrel to be sealed."

You can also see where I can get confused, when they say at least 1,000mB I thouht you could fill a barrel, apparently not.
Yeah, the wiki isn't quite clear, but you need room for the bucket of vinegar, so anywhere between 1000 and 9000 of salt water...

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019

Ah cool, only just starting out - thanks for clarification.

I was a little wary of the wiki because it says (in a banner at the top) that lots of it is out of date!

Redrick73

Jul 29, 2019
The pack is tons of fun, but any chance of getting complete server files so I can play with friends?

GuillySoulStar

Jul 29, 2019
i'm trying to setup a server for me and a couple friends, but when i download the TFC server pack thing from FTB Launcher it says theres an error with the zip file when i open to try and extract into my folder i set up for making a server with.

edit: so can i get some help?

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
i'm trying to setup a server for me and a couple friends, but when i download the TFC server pack thing from FTB Launcher it says theres an error with the zip file when i open to try and extract into my folder i set up for making a server with.

edit: so can i get some help?

For some reason your download has an error, the only solution is to try and download it again.

The pack is tons of fun, but any chance of getting complete server files so I can play with friends?

To make a server you:
Download Minecraft Forge Installer
Select Install Server (path it to an empty folder)
Let it download
move the mods, scripts, and config folder from your client to this folder
delete the TFCOre.cfg
rename forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1272-universal to server
download http://www.mediafire.com/view/qe9q8g6npbu3qy4/launch.bat (only for Windows, please view the MC wiki for setting up for linux/OS X systems)
place it in the same folder as the rest of the server
run it

Next update I will put the server files in (at least for windows)
Enjoy and if you get lag, install Fastcraft and try using /pregen <dim> <minX> <maxX> <minZ> <maxZ> keep in mind, dim for the overworld is 0, and the coordinates are that of chunks, not the ones you see on your minimap.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Ah cool, only just starting out - thanks for clarification.

I was a little wary of the wiki because it says (in a banner at the top) that lots of it is out of date!

ONly parts of the wiki are out of date, it is slowly being updated, and certain pages are already. You can always check TFC's changelog and compare it with the wiki for more info.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Status on Update 2.6.0: waiting for some new permissions, some mod updates (these are almost required if they are going to be in the next update), and motivation.