[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

Trek54

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks very much for your help will give it a go and let you know if there is further issue.

Trek54

Jul 29, 2019
Cool thanks for that all fixed not getting the crashing now.

Another thing I was wondering out of interest, will technofirma craft ever have its minecraft version at v1.8 or above? I have a beast of a server and to have it balance the load out on 8 cores would make life good. I keep getting terrible lag when one or more players come on to the server.

If the answer is probably not, is there someone that could pm me or point me in the direction of how to update server side to the later version of minecraft manually.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019

Another thing I was wondering out of interest, will technofirma craft ever have its minecraft version at v1.8 or above? I have a beast of a server and to have it balance the load out on 8 cores would make life good. I keep getting terrible lag when one or more players come on to the server.

If the answer is probably not, is there someone that could pm me or point me in the direction of how to update server side to the later version of minecraft manually.

I will update the pack when the mods are updated, mainly, Terrafirmacraft, or at least it's replacements.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019

Forge (which most mods are built on top of) isn't ready for prime time on 1.8 yet, let alone all the mods that need to update once it is ready.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Here, have a teaser.

MGmyHQR.jpg

Reactions: Batch2

Zavvias

Jul 29, 2019
Is it me or zombie awareness lags the hell out? My world are default peacefull but when i change them to normal lag starts to appear. After going back into peacefull everything seems working better.

EDIT: Just realized that in newest version there is not zombie awareness

Last edited:
Reactions: OneWolfe

Trek54

Jul 29, 2019
Has everyone been experiencing snow in winter? I have travelled far and wide in every season and alas no snow or even a snowy area atop mountains. (by wide I mean plus minus 4000 north south east west). The weather is amazing though beautiful sky, storms and tornados even when they practically remove our town structures or set fire to our local forest which subsequently vanishes.

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Has everyone been experiencing snow in winter?

Snow dosnt usually show up in winter unless you are at least above 10,000 on the Z axis. I have seen it very rarely in late winter as low as 6,000 but it never lasts more than a few in game hours.

TheLeninist

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to craft the solar trackers? They require nether quartz which I'm guessing is impossible to get.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to craft the solar trackers? They require nether quartz which I'm guessing is impossible to get.

Woops, yea that's one of the recipes I must have missed when helping with the scripts, I'd suggest just changing the quarts to silicon or a daylight sensor in the recipe.

Reactions: TheLeninist

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Has everyone been experiencing snow in winter? I have travelled far and wide in every season and alas no snow or even a snowy area atop mountains. (by wide I mean plus minus 4000 north south east west). The weather is amazing though beautiful sky, storms and tornados even when they practically remove our town structures or set fire to our local forest which subsequently vanishes.

Lightning is being changed, not everything made it into last update. Snow does not currently place with Weather2, I have alerted the mod author and he has agreed to fix it (might cause another issue, but we'll see). If you want snow now, go into the preferences for 'Lock Vanilla Weather' to 'off'

Will fix, have a great many recipes to do right now anyways, one more shouldn't hurt. (Did you know that update 2.6.0 currently has 25000 recipes for the crafting table? Makes me feel glad that I don't need to edit ALL of them :/)

Reactions: TheLeninist

TrueVox

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! I LOVE this modpack, you've done so great with it!

Two things - a request and a question. I would like to echo others interest in a HQM quest book. I know you said you're looking at a wiki for information (is that active? if so, where?), but I find that HQM is ALSO great for adding goals to the game. Yes, I know, sandbox game, make yer own dang goals, etc. :) But I like it - it gave me SO much extra time in Ag Skies.

Question: I'm NOT trying to rush you (WHEREISITWHEREISITWHEREISIT), but I'm starting up a small server soon, and I'm wondering if I should wait for 2.6 or just go with 2.5.3. Can you give me a "soon" (1-3 weeks) or a "not soon" (1-3 months)? That would give me what I need to know to which to start with. If you don't think you can, that's cool too, I've been in that boat before.

Hmm... I guess I have a third thing... Do you think Applied Energistics would make its way into here, or does that not fit with your vision? I haven't used the newer versions, but I understand them to be harder than the easy-mode 1.6 version that I am familiar with, which should make them more in line.

Anyway, great work, love the mod pack, thank you so much for making it. :)

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! I LOVE this modpack, you've done so great with it!

Two things - a request and a question. I would like to echo others interest in a HQM quest book. I know you said you're looking at a wiki for information (is that active? if so, where?), but I find that HQM is ALSO great for adding goals to the game. Yes, I know, sandbox game, make yer own dang goals, etc. :) But I like it - it gave me SO much extra time in Ag Skies.

Question: I'm NOT trying to rush you (WHEREISITWHEREISITWHEREISIT), but I'm starting up a small server soon, and I'm wondering if I should wait for 2.6 or just go with 2.5.3. Can you give me a "soon" (1-3 weeks) or a "not soon" (1-3 months)? That would give me what I need to know to which to start with. If you don't think you can, that's cool too, I've been in that boat before.

Hmm... I guess I have a third thing... Do you think Applied Energistics would make its way into here, or does that not fit with your vision? I haven't used the newer versions, but I understand them to be harder than the easy-mode 1.6 version that I am familiar with, which should make them more in line.

Anyway, great work, love the mod pack, thank you so much for making it. :)

Glad you like. As for the wiki I'm writing, it is based off of all the mod wikis, with edits for the changes made for the pack. I am currently waiting for TFC's wiki to update fully so that I can derive more accurate information from it before releasing the HQM wiki. The update for 2.6 is subject to change, but I hope to have it soon. Feel free to start your server now, just make sure to delete the TFCOre.cfg as that is still broken in 2.5.3. New ore generation may be added in the next update, depending on whether or not a mod gains more compatibility for TFC. Seeing as how players already explore great distances in search of ores, I don't believe this to be a major problem for those keeping a world.

Applied Energistics 2 is indeed harder than it's predecessor; however, this was accomplished by forcing exploration for rare asteroids (ok-ish, I can work with that in the pack) and by decreasing world gen (main problem, TFC creates difficulties with non-TFC ores). My personal view of AE2 is that it was made harder via artificial, and unrealistic means for the sake of "balance." It also feels fairly unrealistic, and, plain simple compared to other mods, especially TFC and OC. At least for now, AE will not be in the pack.

TrueVox

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, perfectly understandable on the AE front - just more curious what I should be looking towards for storage. Is there anything to make storage and crafting less cumbersome in this pack, or is that by design (I'm unfamiliar with a lot of these mods).

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, perfectly understandable on the AE front - just more curious what I should be looking towards for storage. Is there anything to make storage and crafting less cumbersome in this pack, or is that by design (I'm unfamiliar with a lot of these mods).

Currently, the only way to simplify crafting/storage would be to delve into Opencomputers and it's robots (made in the electric assembler, they don't show up in NEI). There may be better storage options in the future, but for now I am unsure.

TrueVox

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, OK, well, here's a vote for something anyway. Applied Energistics was very nice to automate storage, and crafting, without being SUPER annoying to deal with. There is nothing I hate more than crafting late game, since (at least in the packs I've dealt with) there are some things that take a LOT of different crafted parts.

Danjal

Jul 29, 2019
Surprised to see something more low-tech like Cogs of the Machine not be suggested for this pack before (or atleast not in this thread).

Computers and robots are neat, but don't really fit with the initial feel of TFC. Though its great to see people trying to make more advanced packs with TFC as a base.
I've always envisioned a sort of mixture between what TFC does and what Better Than Wolves does (Ofcourse these two mods aren't going to be compatible in a million years).
Perhaps throw in a bit of tinkers construct tool management (different parts) and Pam's Harvestcraft food variety and you'd have an awesome combination.

Looking forward to see where this pack goes!
As it stands, what kind of server would you recommend for a small group of players (3~6 at most) with how the pack current runs?

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Surprised to see something more low-tech like Cogs of the Machine not be suggested for this pack before (or atleast not in this thread).

Computers and robots are neat, but don't really fit with the initial feel of TFC. Though its great to see people trying to make more advanced packs with TFC as a base.
I've always envisioned a sort of mixture between what TFC does and what Better Than Wolves does (Ofcourse these two mods aren't going to be compatible in a million years).
Perhaps throw in a bit of tinkers construct tool management (different parts) and Pam's Harvestcraft food variety and you'd have an awesome combination.

Looking forward to see where this pack goes!
As it stands, what kind of server would you recommend for a small group of players (3~6 at most) with how the pack current runs?

Glad you like it. I'll look into Gogs of the Machine at some point, as for BTW, it never updated (and is incompatible with Forge) so it most likely will never happen. Harvestcraft would be nice, but it is currently incompatible with TFC. Tinkers construct... maybe.

If by 'kind of server' you mean PvP/co-op, then I would recommend co-op, as TFC encourages specialized labor.