[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

Rheajr86

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to make Forge-Smoke not default to on - since the config says it's unsupported, I'm pretty sure it's something you've done.
It isn't working right, and creates the wrong blocks, which makes Crucibles not work.

This NEEDS to be fixed. It breakes the use of crucibles.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone else having this issue, in your config folder, edit TFCOptions.cfg and change to the following:

B:generateSmoke=false

Will change this as "chimneys" seem to have surpassed human ingenuity.

We are having issues with terrain/ore generation crashing the server. http://pastebin.com/NTkkhFZ8

I am aware of this crash, it has been fixed in the next version, a temporary patch would be to delete TFCOre.cfg and restart the server.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Smoke from TFC can spawn up to 2 blocks away from the forge (on x,z) and will go viza the path that offers direct access to the sky. Chimneys can be built, and then the crucible will work

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Smoke from TFC can spawn up to 2 blocks away from the forge (on x,z) and will go viza the path that offers direct access to the sky. Chimneys can be built, and then the crucible will work
The smoke is represented by neutral grey, solid blocks that actually pop the crucible out of place and don't dissipate. So it really seems out of place and like a bug. And it seems like it didn't require your indignant jab about chimneys surpassing human ingenuity. When we're reporting things here, it's because we like the pack and want to help others playing it.

Also, we had a 100% clear path to the sky.

Landonian

Jul 29, 2019
After playing about 15 minutes, it just freezes and crashes and I found nothing that conflicted with it, no certain action or anything...

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
The smoke is represented by neutral grey, solid blocks that actually pop the crucible out of place and don't dissipate. So it really seems out of place and like a bug. And it seems like it didn't require your indignant jab about chimneys surpassing human ingenuity. When we're reporting things here, it's because we like the pack and want to help others playing it.

Also, we had a 100% clear path to the sky.

I apologize if I sounded indignant, that was not my intent. The 100% clear path to sky is the reason that the smoke breaks the crucible, you need something like this: https://imgur.com/a/Cu3ik

After playing about 15 minutes, it just freezes and crashes and I found nothing that conflicted with it, no certain action or anything...

Do you have any crash logs? Have you allocated enough perm gen and RAM to Minecraft?

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I could not upload the full log, because of the 510kb limit on pastebin, but I think this should be enough to solve the issue http://pastebin.com/F3SzfTwi

EDIT: And should 3.5 GB be enough ram? That is what is currently allocated

That is more than enough, the crash appears to be caused by a known world gen bug with this pack (should be fixed next update). Delete your TFCOre.cfg and see if that fixes it

TheLeninist

Jul 29, 2019
Really awesome modpack!

There's a couple of strange things I noticed. Clay seems to be scarce. Is that intentional? There's massive fresh water lakes which is something I never encountered in TFC. There's also large deposits of gravel that collapse spontaneously causing huge lag. I know gravel also collapses in regular TFC and all but I've never had a situation in regular TFC where I just walk over perfectly solid looking ground and it collapses forming a huge gravel pit. The time it takes for all the gravel to fall can be minutes. Not really a problem but its kinda weird.

I see you've added Thut's concrete. Are you planning on adding thut's elevators? They would be really awesome and also pretty challenging to get considering the amount of iron they require.

It would also be nice if there was some kind of ore doubling thing with electrical age. If you macerate vanilla or ELN ores it doubles the amount but you can't macerate TFC ores. Just throwing that out there. Obviously ELN doesn't have dusts for Bismuth or many of the TFC ores and the TFC ores are way smaller then a single ingot or a single pile of dust so I don't know how it would work. Just a thought.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Really awesome modpack!

There's a couple of strange things I noticed. Clay seems to be scarce. Is that intentional? There's massive fresh water lakes which is something I never encountered in TFC. There's also large deposits of gravel that collapse spontaneously causing huge lag. I know gravel also collapses in regular TFC and all but I've never had a situation in regular TFC where I just walk over perfectly solid looking ground and it collapses forming a huge gravel pit. The time it takes for all the gravel to fall can be minutes. Not really a problem but its kinda weird.

I see you've added Thut's concrete. Are you planning on adding thut's elevators? They would be really awesome and also pretty challenging to get considering the amount of iron they require.

It would also be nice if there was some kind of ore doubling thing with electrical age. If you macerate vanilla or ELN ores it doubles the amount but you can't macerate TFC ores. Just throwing that out there. Obviously ELN doesn't have dusts for Bismuth or many of the TFC ores and the TFC ores are way smaller then a single ingot or a single pile of dust so I don't know how it would work. Just a thought.

TFC currently handles all world generation, clay spawning is the same in this pack as it is in TFC, and is based off of your world seed. The reason gravel behaves as it does is that both TFC and enviromine and applying physics to it. This had to be done in order for gravel to slide at all. (When I did it witth dirt to try and make it slide, mountains melted and ravines filled...so yeah, that was not done to dirt.) Elevators may or not be added at a later time, currently I am bogged down with the new additions (and a phase out) of mods.

Current situation on ore doubling:

1) I can not change any EA recipes unless they occur in the crafting grid.
2) TFC is fairly specific on how much ore you get when mining. Having an extraction process to get more ore out of a single cubic meter would make sense, however you have already mined the ore and removed the stone from it, therefore it makes little to no sense to make another attempt at extraction. Possibly when more advanced mining machines are added, I'll add something that gets you more ore out of them, but, no promises on that one.

My mistake on intent. thanks for clearing that up. The pic really helps. Many thanks

Glad to have been able to help.

Sgt.Rock

Jul 29, 2019
Fantastic modpack. Thank you.

Is there a way to turn off or disable the minimap? I don't see it in the mod list on the launcher, but in the mod list in game. However there is no option to disable it.

Trek54

Jul 29, 2019
Just downloaded this mod today played a little single player which looks great but issues started when I set up the server to run multiplayer. I installed forge, added the run file got the server working fine but then it crashed every 5-10 minutes. I think it appears to be due to one of the weather mods though don't quote me here is my crash log if anyone could help, haven't found any information online after an hour or so of looking.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Everything's going to plan. No, really, that was supposed to happen.
Time: 11/01/15 6:39 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop
java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception in server tick loop
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.ExtendedBlockStorage.func_150818_a(SourceFile:57)
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_150807_a(Chunk.java:595)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147465_d(World.java:451)
at com.bioxx.tfc.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenMinable.BODgenerateVein(WorldGenMinable.java:311)
at com.bioxx.tfc.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenMinable.createMine(WorldGenMinable.java:113)
at com.bioxx.tfc.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenMinable.generate(WorldGenMinable.java:145)
at com.bioxx.tfc.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenOre.createOreVein(WorldGenOre.java:167)
at com.bioxx.tfc.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenOre.oreSmallVein(WorldGenOre.java:70)
at com.bioxx.tfc.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenOre.generate(WorldGenOre.java:59)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.generateWorld(GameRegistry.java:106)
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderServer.java:280)
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76624_a(Chunk.java:1055)
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.originalLoadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:190)
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:131)
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:101)
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73154_d(ChunkProviderServer.java:199)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72964_e(World.java:419)
at weather2.weathersystem.storm.StormObject.tickSnowFall(StormObject.java:638)
at weather2.weathersystem.storm.StormObject.tick(StormObject.java:422)
at weather2.weathersystem.WeatherManagerBase.tick(WeatherManagerBase.java:123)
at weather2.weathersystem.WeatherManagerServer.tick(WeatherManagerServer.java:39)
at weather2.ServerTickHandler.onTickInGame(ServerTickHandler.java:75)
at weather2.EventHandlerFML.tickServer(EventHandlerFML.java:29)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_28_EventHandlerFML_tickServer_ServerTickEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPreServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:260)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:536)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 12380299264 bytes (11806 MB) / 12871270400 bytes (12275 MB) up to 12871270400 bytes (12275 MB)
JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xmn1G -Xms12G -Xmx12G
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 11, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.85.1272 Minecraft Forge 10.13.2.1272 41 mods loaded, 41 mods active
mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
FML{7.10.85.1272} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1272-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Forge{10.13.2.1272} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1272-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
tfc_coremod{0.79.15} [TFC[coremod]] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
CodeChickenCore{1.0.4.29} [CodeChicken Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
itemphysic{0.8.3} [ItemPhysic] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ivtoolkit{1.0.2} [IvToolkit] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
NotEnoughItems{1.0.3.74} [Not Enough Items] (NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.3.74-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
OpenComputers|Core{1.0.0} [OpenComputers (Core)] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
PlayerAPI{1.1} [Player API] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
SmartCore{1.0} [Smart Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
LanternsTFC{1.0.42} [Lanterns] ([1.7.10]Lanterns-1.0.42.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
lwstfc{3.3.B79} [Leather Water Sac] ([1.7.10]LeatherWaterSac-3.3.B79.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
MerchantsTFC{1.0.22} [Merchants] ([1.7.10]Merchants-1.0.22.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
terrafirmacraft{0.79.15} [TerraFirmaCraft] ([1.7.10]TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.15.538.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
tfcudarymod{0.2.3} [TFC Udary Mod] ([1.7.10]TFCUdaryMod-0.2.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
act{0.0.2a_1.7.10} [AdminCommandsToolbox] (AdminCommandsToolbox-0.0.2a_1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ArchimedesShips{1.7.10 v1.7.1} [Archimedes' Ships] (ArchimedesShips-1.7.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
asielib{0.3.8} [asielib] (AsieLib-1.7.10-0.3.8.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
BiblioCraft{1.8.2} [BiblioCraft] (BiblioCraft[v1.8.2][MC1.7.10].jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
CarpentersBlocks{3.3.3} [Carpenter's Blocks] (Carpenter's Blocks v3.3.3 - MC 1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
OpenComputers{1.4.2.16} [OpenComputers] (OpenComputers-MC1.7.10-1.4.2.16-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
computronics{1.3.4} [Computronics] (Computronics-1.7.10-1.3.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
BuildMod{v1.0} [Build Mod] (CoroUtil-1.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
CoroAI{v1.0} [CoroAI] (CoroUtil-1.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ExtendedRenderer{v1.0} [Extended Renderer] (CoroUtil-1.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ConfigMod{v1.0} [Extended Mod Config] (CoroUtil-1.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Dynmap{2.1-104} [Dynmap] (Dynmap-2.1-forge-1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
enviromine{1.3.64} [EnviroMine] (EnviroMine-v1.3.64.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
IguanaTweaks{1.7.10-Beta-19} [Iguana Tweaks] (IguanaTweaks-1.7.10-Beta-19.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
MineTweaker3{3.0.9B} [MineTweaker 3] (MineTweaker3-1.7.10-3.0.9C.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ModTweaker{0.5c} [ModTweaker] (ModTweaker-1.7.X-0.5d.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Eln{42} [Electrical Age] (OLD_ElectricalAge_BETA-1.9_r42.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Quadrum{1.2.0} [Quadrum] (Quadrum-1.7.10-1.2.0.B13-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
SmartMoving{15.2} [Smart Moving] (SmartMoving-1.7.10-15.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ThutConcrete{0.0.1} [Thut's Concrete] (Thut-VE-1.7.10-v0.0.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ThutCore{0.0.1} [ThutCore] (Thut-VE-1.7.10-v0.0.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ThutTech{1.0.0} [Thut's Tech] (Thut-VE-1.7.10-v0.0.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ThutWorld{0.0.1} [Thut's WorldGen] (Thut-VE-1.7.10-v0.0.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
weather2{v2.3.6} [weather2] (Weather-2.3.6.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
yegamolchattels{1.1} [Ye Gamol Chattels] (YeGamolChattels-1.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Player Count: 1 / 20; [EntityPlayerMP['trek5445'/158, l='world', x=482.96, y=147.75, z=-11119.44]]
Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

Last edited: