[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

Raxmo

Jul 29, 2019
well, it looks like I don't need to do an industrial TFC pack... I do have a few suggestions however: smarter movement, antique atlas, I think there are a few others that would work as well. one of the big things is that make TFC hard to pack is just how different all the crafting is and all that. I'll have to try it out after I get a good enough computer to run it.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
well, it looks like I don't need to do an industrial TFC pack... I do have a few suggestions however: smarter movement, antique atlas, I think there are a few others that would work as well. one of the big things is that make TFC hard to pack is just how different all the crafting is and all that. I'll have to try it out after I get a good enough computer to run it.

I'm always open to suggestions. Completley forgot Smart Moving in the update as it conflicted with ExtraTFC, which never updated, so it's safe to put in now. Haven't tried Antique Atlas yet, so that will be something to look at.

In other news, just submitted the pack to see if it could become a Public Listed pack on the launcher:

Technofirma is a modpack focused around the survival and evolution of the player. The player begins by knocking rocks and rubbing sticks together to survive, but as they advance in technology to windows of opportunity emerge. This pack centers itself around Terrafirmacraft, and adds new challenges and rewards to advancing along the tech tree. While Terrafirmacraft made survival mode more challenging, there are still those who wish it to be even more challenging, but with the added benefit of more end goals to strive for. The reason why mods like Terrafirmacraft, and mod packs like Magic Farm, Agrarian Skies, and Blood 'n Bones have such popularity is because they offer those challenges the players seek, with new magics and technologies to acquire. Technofirma offers these challenges by the way of adding enhanced physics to Minecraft, challenges that are not presented in other packs, as well as limitations upon what the beginning player can accomplish; no longer are they creating wondrous machines and grand manors within the first half-hour of game play, for now they are struggling to survive, and to acquire the technologies necessary to create those machines.

Technofirma is a pack for the player who wants a challenge, and who seeks beautiful scenery, advanced sounds, and localized weather within the Minecraft world, without sacrificing the heart of the game.

Raxmo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm always open to suggestions. Completley forgot Smart Moving in the update as it conflicted with ExtraTFC, which never updated, so it's safe to put in now. Haven't tried Antique Atlas yet, so that will be something to look at.

In other news, just submitted the pack to see if it could become a Public Listed pack on the launcher:

Technofirma is a modpack focused around the survival and evolution of the player. The player begins by knocking rocks and rubbing sticks together to survive, but as they advance in technology to windows of opportunity emerge. This pack centers itself around Terrafirmacraft, and adds new challenges and rewards to advancing along the tech tree. While Terrafirmacraft made survival mode more challenging, there are still those who wish it to be even more challenging, but with the added benefit of more end goals to strive for. The reason why mods like Terrafirmacraft, and mod packs like Magic Farm, Agrarian Skies, and Blood 'n Bones have such popularity is because they offer those challenges the players seek, with new magics and technologies to acquire. Technofirma offers these challenges by the way of adding enhanced physics to Minecraft, challenges that are not presented in other packs, as well as limitations upon what the beginning player can accomplish; no longer are they creating wondrous machines and grand manors within the first half-hour of game play, for now they are struggling to survive, and to acquire the technologies necessary to create those machines.

Technofirma is a pack for the player who wants a challenge, and who seeks beautiful scenery, advanced sounds, and localized weather within the Minecraft world, without sacrificing the heart of the game.
I like you, we think alike. That being said, I've been tossing around the idea of trying to enlist help to create some add-ons for TFC mainly magic and industry. The magic side would be based off of calories (or kJ for those across the pond) which will end up changing how food will work and all that. The industrial add-on would add glass blowing, wire rolling, bigger structures for metal processing, possibly silicon production and such. However, an add-on like that would require a team to pull off, and I don't know how to make mods, nore am I a texture artist.

Raxmo

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, as a heads up, there is a bit of a thing with smart moving: armor does not like to render armor, or just about anything properly unless it's vanilla. I do not know of a fix for it yet.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I can't connect to the server. I get this error "Mod Rejections [FMLMod:Terrafirmacraft{0.79.4}]

Probably should've mentioned this, the server is out of date. Some security settings were changed preventing me from connecting to the file system. I am currently working with the server owner to fix this.

haladur_phox

Jul 29, 2019
Probably should've mentioned this, the server is out of date. Some security settings were changed preventing me from connecting to the file system. I am currently working with the server owner to fix this.
How long will this take? Also do you have an IRC room for the modpack or something?

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
How long will this take? Also do you have an IRC room for the modpack or something?

Current estimated time: unkown. Should be fixed before Christmas, probably before that though. There is a TS (ts3.darkserver.co.uk, I'm known as Deximus-Maximus there), but no IRC. I'll have to look into getting one.

haladur_phox

Jul 29, 2019
Current estimated time: unkown. Should be fixed before Christmas, probably before that though. There is a TS (ts3.darkserver.co.uk, I'm known as Deximus-Maximus there), but no IRC. I'll have to look into getting one.
Could I help out with the mod pack a bit?

Blorph

Jul 29, 2019
@kev12east I made a link to your (quite excellent) modpack to the FTB-subreddit, and people really enjoy your pack!
But I've seen this comment that might help with the changes in your pack:
Exceedingly interesting pack. Very different playstyle to normal modded minecraft. For anyone curious, it's a full rework of progression through minecraft from the very first minute you spend getting wood, right through to redstone circuitry. Electrical Age is a highly complex but quite intuitive tech mod that has all the usual bits you'd expect.

That said, not a modpack for me, the progression path is just too closed in, theres very little choice at all, other than starting location theres basically no variance to a new playthrough. If the author where to add in a few more Tech mods and change their recipes to work with EAge then I'll come back and have another peek.

I also have a large issue with the fact that the EAge wiki has all of 4 pages after a year and a half. There's documentation out there, but not much, especially considering just how complex the power system for this mod is :/

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Could I help out with the mod pack a bit?

Of course, you can suggest mods, write scripts, and edit configs. All help is welcome!

@kev12east I made a link to your (quite excellent) modpack to the FTB-subreddit, and people really enjoy your pack!
But I've seen this comment that might help with the changes in your pack:

There will be more options to play style, for instance, right now I am working on setting up Blood Magic and Project Zulu. There are going to be more tech mods added, as soon as the majority of issues are removed.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if discussed or not. But if possible can you set up BetterLeaves as an optional mod. I was like OMGWTFBBQ why am i lagging so much? Then i started noticing things like the leaves and such. Took me a moment to figure it out but yeah any "enhancing" clientside mods i feel should be optional. Not everyone has the best PC.

Mr_Pryor

Jul 29, 2019
Smart Moving mod would fit right in with this mod pack IMO,
Also maybe Archimedes ship mod? It would need to be tweaked a lot though. just some thoughts :)

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Getting close to making things from the electrical age and I've noticed that there is many recipes that present a serious problem. Many of the necessary recipes are asking for vanilla iron only, some recipes are asking for vanilla cobble only and the ore Tungsten is not present in the world. It seems that copper and lead from EA have ore dictionaryed just fine so basic wire and batteries are craftable but most of the machines are not craftable due to iron not getting dictionaryed.

I think that the ore problem can easily be fixed by adding the following to the TFCOre.cfg (these are just test numbers, you can decide how easy it is to find it)
Code:
"tungsten surface" {
  I:"Horizontal Density"=40
  I:"Maximum Height"=240
  I:"Minimum Height"=128
  I:"Vertical Density"=40
  S:baseRocks <
  igneous extrusive
  igneous intrusive
  >
  I:eek:reMeta=5
  S:eek:reName=Eln:Eln.Ore
  I:rarity=35
  S:size=small
  S:type=veins
}

Silicon is easy enough once your able to make a macerater, any TFC sand will work in it, but refer back to the iron issue for making it. I've noticed that some recipes seem to use the oreDicionary iron and they can accept either TFC iron or vanilla iron but many recipes are calling specifically for vanilla iron and not just the EA ones (the carpenters hammer is one I've noted that only accepts vanilla iron).

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if discussed or not. But if possible can you set up BetterLeaves as an optional mod. I was like OMGWTFBBQ why am i lagging so much? Then i started noticing things like the leaves and such. Took me a moment to figure it out but yeah any "enhancing" clientside mods i feel should be optional. Not everyone has the best PC.

I'll see what I can do to disable some of the mods.

Smart Moving mod would fit right in with this mod pack IMO,
Also maybe Archimedes ship mod? It would need to be tweaked a lot though. just some thoughts :)

Smart Moving will most likely be added. Archimedes' Ships is in the works, will possibly be in next update.

Getting close to making things from the electrical age and I've noticed that there is many recipes that present a serious problem. Many of the necessary recipes are asking for vanilla iron only, some recipes are asking for vanilla cobble only and the ore Tungsten is not present in the world. It seems that copper and lead from EA have ore dictionaryed just fine so basic wire and batteries are craftable but most of the machines are not craftable due to iron not getting dictionaryed.

I think that the ore problem can easily be fixed by adding the following to the TFCOre.cfg (these are just test numbers, you can decide how easy it is to find it)
Code:
"tungsten surface" {
  I:"Horizontal Density"=40
  I:"Maximum Height"=240
  I:"Minimum Height"=128
  I:"Vertical Density"=40
  S:baseRocks <
  igneous extrusive
  igneous intrusive
  >
  I:eek:reMeta=5
  S:eek:reName=Eln:Eln.Ore
  I:rarity=35
  S:size=small
  S:type=veins
}

Silicon is easy enough once your able to make a macerater, any TFC sand will work in it, but refer back to the iron issue for making it. I've noticed that some recipes seem to use the oreDicionary iron and they can accept either TFC iron or vanilla iron but many recipes are calling specifically for vanilla iron and not just the EA ones (the carpenters hammer is one I've noted that only accepts vanilla iron).

Ironically, all the recipes I checked worked... I'll ask the EA devs if they can fix this, and I'll fix the carpenters hammer aswell. I will look into tungston.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
I started tweaking the scripts in the Technofirma pack to fix a few things and I thought I'd share what I got so far, maybe it will help folks.

Code:
// Ore Dictionary stuff
val sand = <ore:sandBlock>;
val iron = <ore:ingotIron>;
val gp = <minecraft:gunpowder>;
sand.add(<terrafirmacraft:Sand:*>);
sand.add(<terrafirmacraft:Sand2:*>);

// Fix for TnT
recipes.addShaped( <minecraft:tnt> * 1, [[gp, sand, gp], [sand, gp, sand], [gp, sand, gp]]);

// Carpenter's Hammer
recipes.addShaped( <CarpentersBlocks:itemCarpentersHammer> * 1, [[iron, iron, null], [null, <CarpentersBlocks:blockCarpentersBlock>, iron], [null, <CarpentersBlocks:blockCarpentersBlock>, null]]);

I added a recipe for TnT because it's just way too much fun to mine with it.

Also in looking closer at the recipes in Electrical age I think there is a number of them that could use brass instead of iron, like the light socket. That would give purpose to an otherwise useless metal and alloy that is present in TFC, while bringing it more in line with RL construction. I'll probably start adding all the broken EA recipes to my script file.

BootyToast

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there! I'm enjoying this pack very much so far. I've actually been streaming it on Twitch a bit. I didn't want to shamelessly advertise here as this is a place to discuss the pack, but I dug for a twitter link with no success and wanted the developer to be aware. I'm in no way shape or form a TerraFirmaCraft expert, but I know a lot of devs appreciate seeing how players progress in their packs, so here's a link for ya, bud. http://www.twitch.tv/bootytoast

raviral

Jul 29, 2019
When I try to join the server, I get "Fatally missing blocks and items". I am running the recommended version and have not messed with any of the mods.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
When I try to join the server, I get "Fatally missing blocks and items". I am running the recommended version and have not messed with any of the mods.

It is a forge error, I'm trying to fix it now. So far, not much luck.