[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

ArmyHeLL07

Jul 29, 2019
i did actually maked the server but we cant played it because too much lag is goin on :/ (slow internet and 8 gb ram to the server(really really bad lag goin on there even for me for loading chunks :/ ))

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a server that I can download? and run at home for friends??

Not currently, but if you want to make a server I can walk you through the process, just PM me.

i did actually maked the server but we cant played it because too much lag is goin on :/ (slow internet and 8 gb ram to the server(really really bad lag goin on there even for me for loading chunks :/ ))

What processor was it using? Also, did you set permgen to 128 or 256? Doing so should reduce lag

ArmyHeLL07

Jul 29, 2019
Not currently, but if you want to make a server I can walk you through the process, just PM me.

What processor was it using? Also, did you set permgen to 128 or 256? Doing so should reduce lag

i was using 128 because if i dont i cant open the minecraft and the server
the code im using to open server is below
@Echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\java.exe" -server -d64 -Xms8G -Xmx8G -Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US -XX:permSize=128m -jar forge-1.7.10-10.13.1.1225-universal.jar
pause

ArmyHeLL07

Jul 29, 2019
it would still work but the loading of new chunks will give to much lag too i mean i played (still playing started today) in your server nobody gone far away before i loaded lots of chunks almost died but im not so im good :D anyway i will shut up now

_Kid_Icarus_

Jul 29, 2019

Hey, would you be willing to run me through it as well?
I wanna run a small server for a few of my friends. I've run minecraft servers with them before, but my experience with running modded servers(outside of bukkit) is a bit limited.
I really love TFC, though. So I wanna share it with my friends.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
To make a server you:
Download Minecraft Forge Installer
Select Install Server (path it to an empty folder)
Let it download
move the mods, scripts, and config folder from your client to this folder
Remove the following mods (hopefully I don't miss any, and if you see any that aren't in there, it's because they are being worked on):
back tools
inventory tweaks
Presance Footsteps
Sound Filters
WTP
Waila
Wawla
rename forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.x-universal to server
download http://www.mediafire.com/view/qe9q8g6npbu3qy4/launch.bat
place it in the same folder as the rest of the server
run it

Next update I will put the server download back in (I hope, first update FTB didn't include it for some reason)
Enjoy :) and if you get lag, install fastcraft and try using /pregen <dim> <minX> <maxX> <minZ> <maxZ> keep in mind, dim for the overworld is 0, and the coordnates are that of chunks, not the ones you see on your minimap (you only make that mistake once).

jh1960

Jul 29, 2019
~Snip~

Next update I will put the server download back in (I hope, first update FTB didn't include it for some reason)
Enjoy :) and if you get lag, install fastcraft and try using /pregen <dim> <minX> <maxX> <minZ> <maxZ> keep in mind, dim for the overworld is 0, and the coordnates are that of chunks, not the ones you see on your minimap (you only make that mistake once).[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the update, now to share with family :)

deathdragonaw

Jul 29, 2019
When I try to do this (I use the command inside your cmd file manually, because linux) I get a huge load of java errors and the server stops. Standard files like the server config are not generated

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
When I try to do this (I use the command inside your cmd file manually, because linux) I get a huge load of java errors and the server stops. Standard files like the server config are not generated
Unfortunately, I have never used Linux, so I do not know how to help you. I will try to look into the problem.

deathdragonaw

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, I didn't know if I had to open a new thread fohttp://pastebin.com/vArxkmYjr my problem or post it here :rolleyes:

Kernel: Linux 3.2.0-65-generic on x86_64
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 0 @ 3.20GHz, 12 cores
RAM: 32 GB
... and enough free RAM and CPU power

java version "1.7.0_55"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.4.7) (7u55-2.4.7-1ubuntu1~0.12.04.2)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)

The startup commad I used (afaik the java commands do not change between win and lin)
java -Xms1024M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -Xmx2048M -jar forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1232-universal.jar

And the log: http://pastebin.com/vArxkmYj

deathdragonaw

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, this is the exact content of the file fml-server-latest.log and fml-server-1.log inside the /logs/ directory. The same end was visible inside the console.

KitsuKoten

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering if anybody had made any quests for the pack to go along with HQM. Really would like to use this pack for a server, but half my members have no experience with Terrafirma. Sadly, I'm not certain how to make the quests & rewards in order to do it myself.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering if anybody had made any quests for the pack to go along with HQM. Really would like to use this pack for a server, but half my members have no experience with Terrafirma. Sadly, I'm not certain how to make the quests & rewards in order to do it myself.

HQM would be a perfect fit for first time TFC players :D

KitsuKoten

Jul 29, 2019
HQM would be a perfect fit for first time TFC players :D
Yeah, I still remember my first time stumbling thru TFC probably a year ago. Would've loved any kind of in-game guide. Despite the number of times that I rage quit, I always found myself coming back to it. Wish there were more mods out there that added fun mechanics like TFC's metal working.