[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

Rockinrhino

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone gotten a server running this yet? Haven't been able to figure out how to get it working as a 1.7.1. Forge server.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I have recently been considering putting together a TFC based pack and this thread has really given me a lot of ideas and pitfalls to watch out for :D

Thank you!

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone gotten a server running this yet? Haven't been able to figure out how to get it working as a 1.7.1. Forge server.

There is a dedicated server for this pack, I need to talk with the owner about updating it to the new version. (there should be an option to download as server in the launcher)
I have recently been considering putting together a TFC based pack and this thread has really given me a lot of ideas and pitfalls to watch out for :D

Thank you!
Trust me, it's more work than you think

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Trust me, it's more work than you think

Yes it has been so far. Some small mods will fit right in while others seem to require a serious kick in the teeth.

Have you had much luck with MineTweaker3 so far?

Last edited:

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it has been so far. Some small mods will fit right in while others seem to require a serious kick in the teeth.

Have you had much luck with MineTweaker3 so far?
Somewhat, I've been using it for oreDictionary mostly. I need to get around to tweaking recipes so that all the mods work completly, but I can't do that until I fully understand where the pack is going

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment I am trying to get RailCraft's steam boiler to recognize TFC's Fresh water, so I was asking if you knew if there was a way to do that.

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
At the moment I am trying to get RailCraft's steam boiler to recognize TFC's Fresh water, so I was asking if you knew if there was a way to do that.
I'm not all that into modding (yet), but can't you just tell ore dictionary it's water? Else try adding the fresh water ID in the RailCraft boiler configs.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not all that into modding (yet), but can't you just tell ore dictionary it's water? Else try adding the fresh water ID in the RailCraft boiler configs.

I would love to be able to just tell the ore dictionary that it is water, but I don't know the right syntax to use for MineTweaker3. If there is another way to add it to the dictionary that would be cool too :D

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to be able to just tell the ore dictionary that it is water, but I don't know the right syntax to use for MineTweaker3. If there is another way to add it to the dictionary that would be cool too :D
ore dictionary does not support liquids, only items

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I'd suggest Steve's Factory Manager for the highest tech level. It's extremely OP.
Maybe Flaxbeard's Steam Power for in the middle, not sure it could be made to fit.

Flaxbeards works extremely well with the current 1.7.10 version of TFC with one exception, the steam boiler will NOT recognize any of the water types :(
Everything else fits nearly flawlessly :D[DOUBLEPOST=1413241470][/DOUBLEPOST]
in the new EL, you can collect resin from TFC trees

Was this issue ever resolved? My thought is to make a recipe with hammers, or even the quern to smash or grind logs into resin.

Last edited:

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Flaxbeards works extremely well with the current 1.7.10 version of TFC with one exception, the steam boiler will NOT recognize any of the water types :(
Everything else fits nearly flawlessly :D[DOUBLEPOST=1413241470][/DOUBLEPOST]

Was this issue ever resolved? My thought is to make a recipe with hammers, or even the quern to smash or grind logs into resin.

It was supposed to be resolved, and occasionally it works, but other than that it is still broken

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
Mind if i ask where the changelog would be? ^^;
I'm kinda interested on what changed on this modpack :3

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Mind if i ask where the changelog would be? ^^;
I'm kinda interested on what changed on this modpack :3
Um..Ahhh... *quickly tries to remeber what changed in the update...*

Here it is:
Updated to 1.7.10
Added Presence footsteps, TFC-NEI Plugin, and Sound Filters
various config tweaks
changes to some mods
[File Corruption]

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Begun work on building ruins for the ruins mod (as seen above).

WOW! That actually looks pretty cool ;)

How are you able to make the Ruins mod stop spawning everything out on the Salt Water Oceans?

[DOUBLEPOST=1413414856][/DOUBLEPOST]
Um..Ahhh... *quickly tries to remeber what changed in the update...*

Here it is:
Updated to 1.7.10
Added Presence footsteps, TFC-NEI Plugin, and Sound Filters
various config tweaks
changes to some mods
[File Corruption]
Very Cool, Presense Footsteps almost sounds like the clipy-clop from a horse, while the Sound Filters are just epic! :D

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly it's not.
And, now I freak out.[DOUBLEPOST=1413490309][/DOUBLEPOST]

I simply removed those schematics from the folder.

After struggling with them all evening I finally took all my Ruins out of the 'generic' folder and just put them in 'plains' and used the biomesToSpawnIn parameter to set the only the biomes I thought they would fit in.[DOUBLEPOST=1413496241][/DOUBLEPOST]They still spawn on small lakes and ponds tho ...[DOUBLEPOST=1413496373][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't believe that is possible at the moment.
Thank you very much for the reply :D

I will have to try to see if the TFC developer can adjust the water properties to allow for this.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
The server has been updated, the IP is: mc.darkserver.co.uk:25566[DOUBLEPOST=1413766644][/DOUBLEPOST]Fixed connection issue with server

Last edited: