[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if you can add Reliquary in this modpack...? :O

In terms of possiblity, it is possible; however, I do not believe that Reliquary would fit with TFC, and until convinced otherwise, I probably wont put it in the pack.

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
In terms of possiblity, it is possible; however, I do not believe that Reliquary would fit with TFC, and until convinced otherwise, I probably wont put it in the pack.

Hmm when you say that, i guess now that i think about it, the theme of this modpack seem to rely more on primitive tech than magic/alchemy... Unless you can say that the reliquary items are from ancient alchemy decades ago before you start a world xD

AnonTheMouse

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like, for a modpack called Technofirma, it's actually a bit light on the technology. Some pre-electrical options would be great. Maybe the Hopper Ducts mod for a start (and maybe making a few more of the vanilla tech items craftable). Not sure what else...maybe a heavily Minetweakered Ex Nilho.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like, for a modpack called Technofirma, it's actually a bit light on the technology. Some pre-electrical options would be great. Maybe the Hopper Ducts mod for a start (and maybe making a few more of the vanilla tech items craftable). Not sure what else...maybe a heavily Minetweakered Ex Nilho.
For a pack that is based on TerraFirmaCraft, any slight of technology makes him already heavy on technology!!

Reactions: AnonTheMouse

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
For a pack that is based on TerraFirmaCraft, any slight of technology makes him already heavy on technology!!

More technology will be added, once I am able to do so. It is easy to tag an extra tech teir on at the end of the tree, but much more difficult to put it in the middle

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
I'd suggest Steve's Factory Manager for the highest tech level. It's extremely OP.
Maybe Flaxbeard's Steam Power for in the middle, not sure it could be made to fit.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I'd suggest Steve's Factory Manager for the highest tech level. It's extremely OP.
Maybe Flaxbeard's Steam Power for in the middle, not sure it could be made to fit.

I've looked into the steampunkish mods, but they all seem to deal with mostly vanilla mechanics, so they would not fit (nor have much use) in Technofirma.

As for something like Steve's Factory Manager, its a bit iffy. I might put it in if I can't find an addon for Open Computers that does the same thing.

And due to the requests for magic mods in Technofirma, I will most likely be putting Thuamcraft into the pack (any ideas on how? ore gen is impossible without an addon specifically made for this purpose, same with aspects)

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
I added Fastcraft and the TFC plugin for NEI as well as updated to the latest beta of Terrafirmacraft for the beta pack of Technofirma and my game is running a lot better and I can find recipes now.
Doen't Thaumcraft do it's own ore generation? You could always make the crystals some kind of recipe that uses the Terrafirmacraft gems plus some other items. If your going to go with Thaumcraft I highly suggest including the Thaumic Tinker addon as well for an even more complete magic experience.

*edit* Testing now with Thaumcraft and Thaumic Tinker added to the test pack

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so... Thaumcraft just won't work IMO...
Ores won't spawn
Biomes won't spawn so no way to get silverwood (Greatwood spawned in some biomes).
Couldn't find any Thaumcraft mobs (maybe related to the biome problem)
Thaumcraft pillars and monuments and dungeons didn't seem to spawn (except for the greatwood one)
Nothing in the world has aspects associated with them (this is a big one, can't research if there are no aspect on anything).

Unless someone makes a crossover mod I think it would be way too much of a pain in the arse to make it work.

Maybe look at Ars Magicia, I believe that it has much less dependance on world gen (I'll try it now)

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think Ars Magica would work... A LOT of other mods are incompatible with TFC. Although, if it does, i wonder how the damage would work since TFC pretty much raised the damage stat that would mean you would have to severely raise the damage in the config.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I added Fastcraft and the TFC plugin for NEI as well as updated to the latest beta of Terrafirmacraft for the beta pack of Technofirma and my game is running a lot better and I can find recipes now.
Doen't Thaumcraft do it's own ore generation? You could always make the crystals some kind of recipe that uses the Terrafirmacraft gems plus some other items. If your going to go with Thaumcraft I highly suggest including the Thaumic Tinker addon as well for an even more complete magic experience.

*edit* Testing now with Thaumcraft and Thaumic Tinker added to the test pack
Ok so... Thaumcraft just won't work IMO...
Ores won't spawn
Biomes won't spawn so no way to get silverwood (Greatwood spawned in some biomes).
Couldn't find any Thaumcraft mobs (maybe related to the biome problem)
Thaumcraft pillars and monuments and dungeons didn't seem to spawn (except for the greatwood one)
Nothing in the world has aspects associated with them (this is a big one, can't research if there are no aspect on anything).

Unless someone makes a crossover mod I think it would be way too much of a pain in the arse to make it work.

Maybe look at Ars Magicia, I believe that it has much less dependance on world gen (I'll try it now)
I don't think Ars Magica would work... A LOT of other mods are incompatible with TFC. Although, if it does, i wonder how the damage would work since TFC pretty much raised the damage stat that would mean you would have to severely raise the damage in the config.

Basically, magic mods are pretty much impossible. The TFC-NEI plugin is in the version I submitted to FTB (wonder when they get around to actually updating it), and fastcraft I tested, but can not include as it does not allow for its use in modpacks

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Cool about the plugin. No worries about fastcraft I'm sure if someone needs it they can find it.

After looking around the world with Ars Magica installed it would require some sort of patch as well to get the essence pools to spawn. The witchwood tree spawned just fine but they didn't act like TC trees when you cut them, and they had vanilla crafting recipes that would allow you to skip needing a saw to get planks (I'm sure that the greatwood trees from Thaumcraft would have the same problems).

I've been wanting to make a mod for a while now but every time I think I have come up with an idea I find that someone else has made it already. This might just be an opportunity to make some new. Terramagikcraft- a magic addon for Terrfirmacraft (Maybe my own magic system or maybe just something that lets you add the other popular magic mods)

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Cool about the plugin. No worries about fastcraft I'm sure if someone needs it they can find it.

After looking around the world with Ars Magica installed it would require some sort of patch as well to get the essence pools to spawn. The witchwood tree spawned just fine but they didn't act like TC trees when you cut them, and they had vanilla crafting recipes that would allow you to skip needing a saw to get planks (I'm sure that the greatwood trees from Thaumcraft would have the same problems).

I've been wanting to make a mod for a while now but every time I think I have come up with an idea I find that someone else has made it already. This might just be an opportunity to make some new. Terramagikcraft- a magic addon for Terrfirmacraft (Maybe my own magic system or maybe just something that lets you add the other popular magic mods)

I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019

Compatibility mods for TFC and magic mods (TC, AM2, Witchery, Blood Magic) would be awesome. I'd especially like to see blood magic in this, although I imagine it would be difficult to configure to the right balance point.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I am pleased to announce that the updated pack is now on the launcher! Pack code "technofirma" (as before) version 2.1.0

Glavitar

Jul 29, 2019
error after Mojang screen with version 2.1.0

Forge Mod Loader has found a problem with your minecraft installation
the mods and versions listed below could not be found
Forge : minimum version required is 10.13.0.1186
the file 'ForgeModLoader-client-0.log' contains more information

did we forget to include a mod? heh

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
error after Mojang screen with version 2.1.0

Forge Mod Loader has found a problem with your minecraft installation
the mods and versions listed below could not be found
Forge : minimum version required is 10.13.0.1186
the file 'ForgeModLoader-client-0.log' contains more information

did we forget to include a mod? heh

Wong Forge version, will be fixed shortly[DOUBLEPOST=1413155767][/DOUBLEPOST]OK, the problem should be fixed now

Last edited: