[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Go to options, then advanced options, and write -XX:MaxPermSize=128M in additional java parameters

spendabuck

Jul 29, 2019
Now it says this:

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Now it says this:

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

I don't know what to say to that. That is what I use in my FTB. I suggest contacting FTB support and asking them about the error, because I do not know what is wrong with it.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
As I am working on the 1.7.10 update, if anyone would like to see a mod added please let me know and I will work on adding it

essenceoflove

Jul 29, 2019
I think you need some mod, either pre-existing or custom-made for this pack, that adds a dust version of every metal for macerator compatibility. I think you could use, say, metallurgy 3 but disable world gen and recipes(I know you can disable parts of it, but I can't remember if it still loads the resources), then use minetweaker to change the names and recipes of some of the dust and ingots for TechnoFirma(Can you make new items/blocks with minetweaker and a texture?). You could also replace the vanilla iron in the Electrical Age recipes with TFC Wrought Iron, as well as with the other ingots(Finally a use for lead!).

I tested metallurgy 3 with TFC. It works great until you need to use tools and weapons. TFC creators came up with their own set of variables for damage and durability. Most tools are one hit wonders, it took 6 higher teir swords, (don't remember which metal), just to kill a pig.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
LO71ilh.jpg

Begun work on building ruins for the ruins mod (as seen above).
What to expect in the new version (so far):
Localized Weather
Ruins
Inventory Tweaks
NEI
HQM (for an in-game wiki and maybe even quests later on)
Electrical Age
Open Computers
more block physics
carpenter's blocks
an inventory weight system
a world pregen command (for those who had servers and experienced terrain gen lag)
and any workable suggestions...

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Like the ruin you made! Is it possible to have the roguelike dungeon mod as well, I know it will work together with the ruins mod, and it would mean you wouldn't have to create huge underground dungeons within the ruins mod.

Also I was thinking it would be awesome to have some kind of magic and I think maybe the witchery mod would maybe fit in without throwing things too out of whack.

Anyway excited to try it out. Let me know if you need a tester.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Like the ruin you made! Is it possible to have the roguelike dungeon mod as well, I know it will work together with the ruins mod, and it would mean you wouldn't have to create huge underground dungeons within the ruins mod.

Also I was thinking it would be awesome to have some kind of magic and I think maybe the witchery mod would maybe fit in without throwing things too out of whack.

Anyway excited to try it out. Let me know if you need a tester.

The problem is that I have to build the dungeons so that players do not get items that they should not have. As for magic, its a bit iffy. I'll be looking into magic mods, see if I can find some that fits easily without much work on my end ;).

Edit: beta testing would be appreciated. I'll message you a download link if your up for it

Last edited:

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Streaming the beta today. I had one crash while testing yesterday let's see if it happens again. I think it was sound related.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Streaming the beta today. I had one crash while testing yesterday let's see if it happens again. I think it was sound related.

Sorry to have missed the stream. About the crash, do could you upload the crash log anywhere for me to take a look at? Also, what were you doing when it crashed?

The fog you experienced is from TFC, not the weather mod. the weather mod is only responsible for the circular-ish moving stormfronts in the sky.
Also fixed the thing with the respawn thing, didn't relies that it limited health. Any suggestions on respawn health? For now, I've set it back to full
That creeper crash was TFC, it's fixed now.
Also, I fixed the above ground echo, had to add dirt to the non-reverb list
Bioxx *temporarily* nerfed thatch, should be back to normal now (maybe)

Last edited:

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
I tried the modpack and i seem to have been in a predicament a few minutes in the game xD
I killed a deer and it filled my inventory with food.. Also it doesn't help that a chest would require saw which would take a while to get.. So basically i'm stuck in a ravine full of meat haha xD

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I tried the modpack and i seem to have been in a predicament a few minutes in the game xD
I killed a deer and it filled my inventory with food.. Also it doesn't help that a chest would require saw which would take a while to get.. So basically i'm stuck in a ravine full of meat haha xD
Lol, that's TFC for you

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Well, TFC 0.79 has been officially released, so I have put in an update request. Server version is currently unavailable, but I will be including it when I can.
Will update OP when it has gone through.