[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

JDCollie

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running the current version of Technofirmacraft on the FTB launcher, but I am getting massive fps lag. Like 6-9 fps. I have 4 gigs of RAM allocated (I have 16 total) and am running 64 bit java. I know that isn't a lot to go on, but does anyone have any recommendations on what I should do to fix it? Or alternatively, what info I should be providing to get help?

Thanks!

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running the current version of Technofirmacraft on the FTB launcher, but I am getting massive fps lag. Like 6-9 fps. I have 4 gigs of RAM allocated (I have 16 total) and am running 64 bit java. I know that isn't a lot to go on, but does anyone have any recommendations on what I should do to fix it? Or alternatively, what info I should be providing to get help?

Thanks!

What version of SciAPI and StellarSky are you running?

Pack 2.20.0 has been released, check patch notes for details.
OPS has been updated and reset

Edgareredra

Jul 29, 2019
I actually just removed both of those, and it boosted my fps by about 40 o_O

Whoa! Too much FPS! Better install a shader now. Thanks for this.

Also, I would like to post this so others can find a fix, if they have this same problem:

If you're having problems with NEI not showing up, try removing or upgrading the Electrical Age mod. I was having problems where the UI for NEI wouldn't show up, but I was still able to see recipes and uses under NEI. Tried starting new worlds, removing mods associated with NEI, changing UI size etc; and this seemed to have fixed it.

Cheers!

Edgareredra

Jul 29, 2019
I've been finding all sorts of enchanted books from Zombie hoards, but I'm not sure how to use them without the vanilla anvil. Has anyone found a way?

D

Devious1000

I absolutely love this modpack. Now if only metallurgy could be added....

Beavelguy

Jul 29, 2019
Just had to disable projectzulu because it was crashing me every time i tried to get milk, for some reason? I don't understand ^^

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
So, with Terrafirmacraft 2 in development, and the update to Minecraft 1.9 hanging over my head, I have decided to redo Technofirma from the ground up! Since I am doing this, I'm curious to know what you like/hate about the current version of the pack, what mods you like/hate/ignore/use, and what mods you want to see added in future. This information is useful so I can refine the pack and make it better, keep in mind I do have an idea about how I want Technofirma to be, and can say "no" to any mod/feautre change that I don't agree with (the power of tyranny!).

Edit: a (not very organized) list I whipped together of mods I am considering/will be adding/want to add: http://pastebin.com/vJT7jEFM
Please note that this list is just mods that caught my eye, or were in the current version of the pack that I wish to keep in future.

Also, please note that TFC2 is not complete at this time, and that this is just for me to plan ahead (since the current problem is that I just tacked things on as I went)!

Your feedback is appreciated,
thank you,
kev12east

Reactions: Beavelguy

Resonate

Jul 29, 2019
PneumaticCraft Bugs,
A lot of incompatibility to report:
Etching Acid Bucket - Needs a recipe
Charging Station - Requires Vanilla Brick, no way to craft it
Dispenser Upgrade - Requires Nether Quartz, not OreDic to allow Jet
Item Life Upgrade - Requires Vanilla Apples
Speed Upgrade - Requires Vanilla Sugar
Range Upgrade - Minecraft Arrows
Pressure Gague - Minecraft Gold Ingots
Heat Frame - Minecraft Furnace

Vagaprime

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so using Technofirmacraft 2.20.3 I am getting some script errors dealing with the removal of enchanted books from tc loot bags. Also I am unable to complete the carpenters blocks quest cause there is no way to obtain the needed Creosote Oil. When looking for the oil recipe through NEI it shows using a barrel of oil with a plant to get a rail tie and oil, or to use a coke oven. When looking up the recipe for a coke oven through NEI the oven bricks from both IE and RC are missing.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so using Technofirmacraft 2.20.3 I am getting some script errors dealing with the removal of enchanted books from tc loot bags. Also I am unable to complete the carpenters blocks quest cause there is no way to obtain the needed Creosote Oil. When looking for the oil recipe through NEI it shows using a barrel of oil with a plant to get a rail tie and oil, or to use a coke oven. When looking up the recipe for a coke oven through NEI the oven bricks from both IE and RC are missing.

coke oven bricks are made by placing fire brick blocks into the crafting window. I am aware of the script errors, and will be fixing them in future. I'll look into the quests.

Vagaprime

Jul 29, 2019
Well the quest problem dealt with not being able to find out how to make the coke oven bricks. When you look up coke in NEI all it shows is the RC and IE coal cokes.